An unforgettable adventure!
She probably won't remember.Finding Dory is Pixar's next film after The Good Dinosaur, slated for release on June 17, 2016. The film is a sequel to 2003's Finding Nemo, and this time centers around everyone's favorite forgetful blue tang, Dory, again voiced by Ellen DeGeneres.Taking place six months after the events of the first movie, Dory starts to recall memories of her long-lost family. Going by her memories of "the jewel of Monterey, California", Dory sets off to discover who she really is with Marlin and Nemo going along for the ride. It will also star Diane Keaton as Dory's mother Jenny, Eugene Levy as Dory's father Charlie, Ty Burrell as a beluga whale named Bailey, and Kaitlin Olson as a whale shark named Destiny.Trailers: teaser, first official trailer, Japanese trailer.
This film contains examples of:
- Childhood Friends: Destiny and Dory were this, as it turns out.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Destiny would just be any other example of this trope if not for the fact that she's a fifty-foot long whale shark who has trouble swimming.
- Flashback: Occurs when Dory remembers her parents.
- Genki Girl: Destiny seems to be this if the trailer is any indication.
- Out of Focus: Dory takes over Marlin's role as the protagonist, relegating him into a supporting role.
- Quest for Identity: Dory goes on a journey to find out where she came from and who her family is.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The baby sea otters who are new characters for the film.
- Ripped from the Headlines: After the release of Blackfish, the writers rewrote the story to explore the theme of animals in captivity.
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: Unavoidable due to the large number of characters that Dory interacts with. Fluke, Rudder, Gerald, Bailey and Becky don't appear in the trailers.
- Sleepwalking: Well, more like sleepswims in Dory's case.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Still a staple for Dory.
- Wham Line:
Dory: Don't cry, mommy. Don't cry.
- The first thing we hear from Dory while she's talking in her sleep.
Dory's Mother: We'll never forget you, Dory!
- In the full trailer, we have this from Dory's flashback:
Baby Dory: What if I forget you?