TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
This troper provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: How To Be A Furry.
- Art Shift: Compare the early pieces in his deviantART gallery with the later ones.
- Beautiful All Along
- Bond One-Liner: Usually when playing video games.
- Catch Phrase: If you check the history for a page, and the edit reason is "Nice job spoiling it, troper.", it's probably him.
- Character Blog: Here.
- Failed a Spot Check: Jonn has looked for the glasses he was wearing. Several times.
- Fanfic Recs
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Of All Time (Gen)
- Batman: And the Rest Is Ancient History, Batman Revealed, Duality, Good People of Gotham, For Laughs
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Frozen Crossing
- The Dresden Files: New York Magician
- Firefly: Screw The Alliance, Forward, A Life Less Extraordinary, My Own Kind of Freedom
- Halo: Enemy of my Enemy, Finishing the Fight, Halo: the Art of War, Isolation
- Iron Man: The Kids Aren't All Right, Hazard Pay, Almost No One Makes It Out. "What happened to the burd?" (written by him)
- Marvel Universe: The Shocker Legit
- Mass Effect: Harvest, The Robot.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji And Warhammer 40 K
- Portal: Blue Sky.
- Spider-man: Just a Face On a Train, Identity Crisis
- Star Wars: The Darth Side: Memoirs of a Monster
- System Shock: Free Radical.
- The Thing: The Things
- TRON: Legacy: Dear Wired Magazine,
- Vorkosigan Saga: Forward Momentum
- The X-Files: Last One Standing
- X-Men: The Mutant Problem
- Faux To Guide: How To Be a Furry
- Five-Man Band
- Freud Was Right: He really likes drawing guns, swords, carrots, rockets...
- Hypocritical Humor: Jonn accidentally created the "Please, no furbashing" meme. A few years later, he wrote a "tutorial" making fun of furries.
- Little Professor Dialog: Averted. He is fully capable of using it, but generally chooses not to. Not so restrained in his writing, however; he shoots for a strange blend of Tycho and S.J. Perelmen.
- Memetic Mutation: Jonn is responsible for popularizing the phrase "air babies" among his coworkers, completely by accident. Also, OMG ONOZ.
(While playing Final Fantasy
12, and seeing the
Tusken Raiders Fremen
(Later, upon seeing one of the Urtans has "Haste" cast on 'em;)
"Speed is a device of Shaitan!"
- Noodle Incident: That thing in the third grade. On Tuesdays. In the music room.
- Overly Long Gag: This page.
- Perma Stubble: Jonn cannot grow facial hair more substantial than a thin gotee. And even then the sides don't quite connect.
- Punny Name: His initials spell JAW. Ironically, Jonn doesn't talk much.
- Serious Business: People linking directly to large images on deviantART, instead of to the submission page. It really sets him off, since he remembers the days when people would do the same thing, just with dialup. When deviantART changed the way the site worked so one couldn't link directly to the page with the fullsize image on it, then people started up this new thing.
- Single-Issue Wonk: Don't mention piracy around him. Just...don't.
- Also, he gets really ticked off by people who use asteriks online to self-censor, (e.g. "d*mn") since it means someone wants to swear, but doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Either swear, use a euphemism, or don't swear at all.
- Token Minority: Subverted; Jonn is black, and so is most of his country. He does know a white guy, though. Who's gay.
- And after moving to England for Uni, he was not only Black Caribbean, which is a minority compared to Indian, Pakistani, and mixed race, according to the 2001 census, but he was also the only person he met with an American(sounding) accent.
- Wall Banger: Jonn sees people using the Digital Piracy Is Evil trope as a bludgeon to mock anyone who tries to get people not to pirate things, no matter how reasonable they are.
- To a lesser extent, any instance of Fan Myopia where people just link to a character's name.