Web Video: My Little Pony: Camaraderie Is Supernatural
Twilight Sparkle: I don't know what she's talking about, I'm not a recluse! Now let's finish this quick so I can get back to posting My Little Human pictures on 4-Colt.On April Fools' Day of 2011, Sonic Paradox, the creators of Sonic F, put up what was supposed to be the sixth episode of their series but was instead an Abridged Series treatment of the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. There were a lot of annoyed fans, but a staggering number of amused ones as well...So much so, that the creators decided to turn it into a full-fledged Abridged Series, and My Little Pony: Camaraderie Is Supernatural was born.Like all the other abridged series, this one has been blocked from Youtube in the United States on copyright grounds, and its Blip channel has since been removed. (The series' website, http://elementsofparody.com/, is now defunct as well.) The creators are currently seeking alternate hosting solutions.
This Abridged Series provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Literally invoked as part of the Sixth Element of Parody, "Faithfulness to the Source Material".
- The Alcoholic: Twilight. Oh so much.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Naturally. "Alternate Interpretation" is even one of the Elements of Parody, specifically Applejack's inconsistent accent.
- April Fools' Day: The series started out as one in 2011, before they decided to do the series.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Twilight did not even believe Nightmare Moon was coming....right up until she appears.
- Ascended Fangirl: In-Universe with Pinkie Pie. See Fourth Wall Observer.
- Author Filibuster: Twilight's speech about the Elements of Parody in episode 2 kinda sounds like someone getting on their soapbox about what should go into a great parody.
- Batman Gambit: Princess Celestia in the first two episodes, Lampshaded by that very name, twice within the first two episodes.
- Big Good: Celestia in the series, The Doctor in the meta scale of this series
- Call Back: In episode 3, "Freakin' Murphy's Law!"
- Comedic Sociopathy: Rarity stabs Steven Magnet in episode 2 for suggesting her tail looks better on him.
- Crisis Crossover: The Reveal in Episode 2.5 about the Narrator being the Doctor. Yes, THAT Doctor.
- Crossdressing Voices: Rainbow Dash (voiced by Gamebuddy) and Fluttershy (voiced by Celestorion).
- Deadpan Snarker: Rarity gets some elements of this, which apparently qualifies her to bear the Element of Comedic Timing.
- Eldritch Abomination: Accidentally summoned by Pinkie Pie in episode 3.
- Expy: Rainbow Dash for Sonic the Hedgehog. She's derived from multiple versions of the character: she shares a voice actor with the Sonic F incarnation, classic Sonic sound effects play when she does just about anything, and she even quotes the theme song from Sonic Sat AM as it plays. No surprise her element is that of The Homage.
- The Shadowbolts for Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Foreshadowing: Blatantly pointed out for humor.
- Fourth Wall Observer: This aspect of Pinkie Pie is cranked up until the knob breaks off: she's played as an FiM ascended fan voicing Pinkie Pie in an Abridged Series. Naturally, she bears the Element of Fourth-Wall Humor.
- This also makes her Equestria's equivalent to Jesus, according to The Doctor.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: For a less-than-a-second moment around 2:48 in episode 3, right after Applejack's comment regarding Capcom and Apple Bloom's aggressive marketing, this comment flashes on the screen:The views and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Camaraderie is Supernatural cast and crew. However, we eagerly anticipate the longest day of the thousandth year, in which the stars shall aid in Mega Man Volnutt's escape from his orbiting lunar prison.
- Genre Savvy: Fluttershy, apparently. After the battle with the manticore:Twilight Sparkle: Wait, what did you do?
Fluttershy: Thorn in his paw; it pays to know your classic Aesop from time to time.
- Hero of Another Story: Doctor Whooves and Pinkie Pie
- I Lied: Princess Celestia admits to this when Twilight remarks on her earlier Suspiciously Specific Denial.Celestia: I lied. I do that every once in a while.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: In episode 3, Apple Bloom tries to duck out of the cuteceanera by saying "I've got people to go, places to meet, blah blah blah."
- Large Ham: Steven Magnet, despite appearing for less than two minutes, absolutely hams it Up to Eleven in his scene.
- Leitmotif: Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are accompanied by "I Want You", the theme of Daemon Scanty and Daemon Kneesocks.
- Lemony Narrator: One provides a tongue-in-cheek retelling of the intro to the first episode, and Pinkie Pie talks to him as he closes out the second episode.
- Not to mention being The Doctor.
- Narrator All Along: Turns out the narrator is Doctor Whoof!
- Noodle Implements: In Episode 3, Pinkie Pie "just got done dealing with four things and a dragon, using nothing but a fake turtle, a pair of unmatched socks, seventy-three gallons of melted butter, and an apple that conveniently showed up just in the nick of time!" when she meets Apple Bloom.
- Noodle Incident: The "night in Celestiajuana" that lead to Apple Bloom getting an obscene Cutie Mark.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Done deliberately with Applejack and lampshaded by Twilight. It bounces from Texan to Southern Belle to British in just the first episode.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: Parodied when Nightmare Moon destroys the Elements of Parody.
- Power Puff Girl Hands: The Doctor has these.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Played with in episode 2.Twilight Sparkle: What do you take me for, an idiot?!
Applejack: As tempting as it is to give the obvious answer, I need you to trust me.
- Screw Destiny: The entire point of the Cutie Mark Correcters in Episode 3.
- Self-Deprecation: In the Audio Commentary for episode 1, Mystic Pyro Freak openly admitted that she came up with the idea of Applejack slipping accents to make fun of the fact that she couldn't keep a consistent one.
Since when does such nonsensical, unfunny tripe qualify as comedy?
- Pinkie saying she's in "a crappy parody series done by a talent-less hack."
- Nightmare Moon's intro has her ridicule the idea of a parody series as legitimate comedy.
- Shout-Out: Of course! It has its own page now!
- Stealth Pun: After the RPG battle in episode 2, Rainbow Dash levels up and gets +19 coolness, which prompts her to complain "Aw, crap! Just short!" Assuming she had 100 coolness before, one more point would have made her 20% cooler.
- Straight Man: Fluttershy's role in the series, given that this is the Element of Parody she embodies.
- Sudden Video-Game Moment: The fight with the manticore in episode 2 is turned into an RPG battle.
- Part of Apple Bloom's "eighties training montage" in episode 3 involves a nod to Punch-Out!!.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Celestia's letter to Twilight in the first episode includes the claim that her being sent to Ponyville "totally isn't a thinly-veiled Batman Gambit meant to prevent the impending pony apocalypse. For serious."
- Take That: In episode 2, The Shadow Bolts offer Rainbow Dash her own spin-off series, but she loses interest when they mention she'd "play in a band, and use music to save the world from evil."
- The Spooky Trees and how Pinkie deals with them in the same episode are basiclly one big jab at the show's Hate dumb and trolls.
- Tempting Fate:Twilight Sparkle: I can handle this on my own. I don't need you to help me.
Twilight Sparkle: Gyah! Help me! Help me!
- Troll: The spooky trees in episode 2 are turned into this, so Pinkie Pie's "Giggle at the Ghostly" song becomes "Giggle At the Griefers".
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Pinkie Pie quips in the first episode "Now, by appearing in a crappy parody series written by a talentless hack, I know I've hit the big time!"
Nightmare Moon: Since when did such nonsensical, unfunny tripe qualify as comedy?!
- Also, Nightmare Moon's second objective after bringing eternal night is destroying all parody series.
- The Woobie: In-universe, sorta: During Fluttershy's introduction scene, the writer breaks character and says he can't bring himself to make fun of her.
- Yuri Fan: Pinkie Pie once wrote a 24-page Apple/Dash shipping fanfic while in a pony-induced haze.