A page for the many characters that appear in Hivefled, from the main cast carried over from Homestuck to a cast of colorful Original Characters.
open/close all folders
Main Cast (The twelve original trolls from Homestuck)
Carried over from Homestuck
, he is part of the main cast of Hivefled
. He, along with the other eleven trolls, escaped the Empire and stumbled across a series of caves that housed the Sufferists, a cult that planned to rebel against the Empire. Regarded as the second coming of "The Sufferer"
by said cult, he however wanted none of it.
- Child by Rape: The Condesce and possibly the Grand Highblood raped the Sufferer and filled a pail with him, so Karkat is either Gamzee or Feferi's brother.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction upon finding out that Gamzee's ancestor is the Grand Highblood after he had threatened to "rip his bulge out with my fucking teeth and nail it to his forehead."
- Stop Worshipping Me: He doesn't want to be regarded as a messiah, and only puts up with it to keep himself and his friends safe.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: As mentioned above, he just wanted to keep his friends safe. What he didn't realise was that his presence was empowering the cult, which didn't end well for anyone.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Karkat and Kanaya are both mildly freaked out to realise they're bordering on caliginous flirting when arguing about Gamzee and Eridan.
- To the Pain: See the entry for Oh, Crap! above.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled
. She wasn't killed in a FLARPing accident as she was in Homestuck, but instead she got severely injured, leaving her a cyborg.
- I See Dead People: Is the only one who can see the Kin on a regular basis.
- Nice Guy: Has become good friends with Pyeran, the youngest member of the Kin.
- Two-Faced: As mentioned above, she was severely injured in a FLARPing accident, and had half of her face replaced by metal parts.
Carried over from Homestuck, he is part of the main cast of Hivefled. After his pupation, he gained wings like his ancestor, the Summoner, and so the Sufferists view him as the new Summoner. He also has functioning robolegs.
- Asexuality: Non-romantic in the black quadrant.
- Funetik Aksent: He has his, uhh, stutter from canon.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Him towards his palecrush, Tsukey Morney, who was part of the Sufferist Cult which attacked the Empire, she was captured and tortured for information, killed, and became one of the Kin, a group of troll ghosts who are bound to Gamzee.
- Nice Guy: To the point that he's too nice to hate anyone enough to be their kismesis.
- She Is All Grown Up: He has wings and robolegs now.
- Winged Humanoid: He inherited wings from his ancestor, the Summoner.
Carried over from Homestuck, he is part of the main cast of Hivefled. He became the helmsman of the twelve trolls' ship, Naelenurenna, by way of a removable Helmsman's rig that was crafted by Equius.
- Funetik Aksent: He has his lisp from canon.
- Long-Lost Relative: He's Laneen's half-brother. So far, they haven't met in canon, but the Helmsman mentioned her and Sollux may or may not have asked Aradia to pass on a message.
- That Man Is Dead: He's spoken to his ancestor, who was going by 'the Helmsman', who told him that the Psiioniic is dead and the Helmsman saw him die. So far, Sollux has no idea that he's spoken to his ancestor.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled. After escaping the Sufferists' caverns, she went with the other eleven trolls on Naelenurenna, and became the Auspice between Gamzee and Eridan.
- Generation Xerox: Averted. Lereal wanted her to take after the Disciple and become involved with Karkat, but Nepeta wouldn't hear of it.
- Long-Lost Relative: She and Equius are brother and sister.
- Mixed Metaphor: "Dont be such sticks in the mud after the rain on the parade."
- Noodle Incident: She managed to successfully kidnap Equius, of all trolls.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled. She escaped to the Sufferists' caverns along with the other eleven trolls, thus running out on her duties as a jadeblood, mostly in order to assist Feferi.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled. She went with the rest of the trolls to the Sufferists' caverns, and fled with them after all 200 of them attacked the Empire.
- Cool Shades: Naturally.
- Nose Shove: Her "teaching" Dave to smell colors involved her shoving crayons up his nose.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled. After attempting to skip conscription to become a pirate, and was kidnapped by her friends against her will. After the Sufferists attacked the Empire, with disastrous results, she, along with the other twelve, escaped on the spaceship Naelenurenna.
- Compliment Backfire: She tells Gamzee that his scars are "hardcore." That backfires, very, very badly. (See Grievous Harm with a Body for what happens.)
- Conlang: Naelenurenna, which translates out to Mindscar, is partially taken from her ancestor's name, Lenunima (Mindfang.)
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Early in the story, she gets her mechanical arm ripped off by Gamzee, who proceeds to assault her with it.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: She's just in it to get back to being a pirate.
- Portmanteau: The ship's name, Naelenurenna, which translates as 'Mindscar' (she and Eridan couldn't decide whose ancestor to name the ship after, and 'Mindscar' sounded less stupid than 'Dualfang').
Carried over from Homestuck, he is part of the main cast of Hivefled. He was happily conscripted and part of the Alternian fleet until he was kidnapped by his Moirail Nepeta
and a few of her friends. After the Sufferists attacked the Empire, he escaped in a ship with the other eleven trolls. He also made a removable helmsman's rig so Sollux could pilot the ship.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Variation; Equius is a poorly-closeted masochist and really wants his mentor to bully him into doing better. Said mentor picks up on this, and decides to mentally torment him by being ridiculously nice to him. Equius is terribly confused. This also probably contributed to his assumption that Gamzee was happy about GH touching him.
- Broke Your Finger Trying To Punch Equius: Dave tried to punch Equius, and since he's pretty much the troll equivalent of a brick wall, this is the result.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Where to start? Well, first, he built Vriska's arm and Tavros's legs in canon, but he also was the one to fix up Aradia with robot body parts after her accident, and he's been stated to have built machines for the Sufferists. Also, he built the first ever removable helmsman rig for Sollux to pilot a spaceship.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: When the ship's about to crash. "Crud" indeed.
- Headbutting Heroes: Him and Eridan. Even when they're being chased by a very angry Gamzee, they still continue arguing.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He was content with being conscripted until Nepeta kidnapped him.
- Long-Lost Relative: He's Nepeta's brother.
- Noodle Incident: He was successfully dragged by Nepeta into an escape pod. No mention is made of how she could drag him into it.
- Oh, Crap!: Him upon realizing what actually happened to Gamzee.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When he threatens to kill Gamzee after he almost killed Nepeta.
- Poor Communication Kills: After Gamzee messaged him for help, he mistook it for bragging. Gamzee was not pleased.
- To the Pain: If Gamzee or Eridan hurt Nepeta again, Equius will "skin you both with the claw side of my hammer".
The main character of the fic. At eight sweeps, he was conscripted and met his ancestor, the Grand Highblood.
The Grand Highblood then took Gamzee under his wing, and Gamzee couldn't be happier. However, that didn't last. It turns out his ancestor wanted to sacrifice him, and he took Gamzee to the Trap.
He then "did things"
to Gamzee. After some advice from the spirits of the trolls the Grand Highblood took in the past, he managed to escape and found Karkat. From there, after they found the Sufferists, he escaped on a spaceship with the other eleven trolls after Lereal Belsai attacked the Empire with 200 or so Child Soldiers.
- Abusive Parents: GHB and Condesce
- Affectionate Nickname: "Gammy" by the Condesce.
- Baddie Flattery: The GHB compliments him on his escape.
- Bastard Bastard: Threatening Eridan and Equius with rape as "punishment" for not helping him was really not Gamzee's proudest moment. Gamzee is convinced he's tainted by both his parentage and what they did to him, and is only holding himself back for Karkat's sake.
- Berserk Button: Kind of obvious, given what's happened to him.
- Body Horror: He has a broken horn and several scars/brands.
- Broken Pedestal: Him towards the Grand Highblood.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Naturally.
- Crying Wolf: According to Karkat, Gamzee often does this sort of thing, which didn't help his credence when he messaged Equius and Eridan.
- Disguised in Drag: He stole a female Subjugglator's outfit after he escaped the Trap to navigate the Subjug ship.
- Dramatically Missing the Point: Gamzee's conversation with Equius and Eridan.
- Evil Counterpart: The Grand Highblood.
- Forced to Watch: GH and Condesce don't take chances on getting the point across to Gamzee that yes, he is theirs, and no, they never did quadrant-flip.
- Generation Xerox: Averted, he doesn't want to be like his ancestor in the slightest.
- Gilligan Cut: Unfunny variation; Gamzee declares he won't "hand a bunch of wrigglers over to him", and the next chapter shows the gang failing to persuade Lereal not to drag the cult into attacking the fleet.
- Glasgow Grin
- Grievous Harm with a Body: He rips off Vriska's robotic arm and beats her with it after a Compliment Backfire.
- Hope Spot: The Kin call him out for being a douchebag. Gamzee apologises and promises to be better
and wakes up to Eridan being a knob. Eridan ends up losing an eye, and Gamzee is left desolate at his own folly.
- Hot Skittyon Wailord Action: Observe the height chart. Think about that. Then remember that Gamzee is actually noticeably bigger than most of the other trolls, and be very relieved that they haven't been caught.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: All he wanted was to be a normal Subjugglator.
- In My Language, That Sounds Like...: He's amused for the first time since his escape by John pointing out that English a declaration of ashen feelings would be "I club you", which doesn't quite sound how the trolls intend it to be.
- Mind Rape: Before Gamzee was outright imprisoned, the Grand Highblood spent a month or so pretending to keep him as an apprentice and treating him "normally", while drugging him and randomly hurting him just enough to keep him confused. Gamzee has a natural resistance to his chucklevoodoos, but that didn't help much.
- Not So Different: He reacts violently to being compared to his ancestor.
- Oh, Crap!: Him after the realization of what's going to happen to him.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Despite being fed almost nothing during his imprisonment, Gamzee survives a hell of a lot of blood loss, at least until the Glasgow Grin pushes him over the edge and he requires actual medical attention.
- Poor Communication Kills
- Right Behind Me
- Sadistic Choice: Gamzee has to choose between binding himself to the Grand Highblood or having his friends be captured and tortured.
- Separated at Birth: Him and Feferi.
- Sex Slave: Poor, poor Gamzee.
- Shipper on Deck: Him for Feferi and Sollux's moirallegiance.
- Shower of Angst
- Slave Brand
- Spirit Advisor: The Kin to him.
- Tickle Torture: Inflicted on Gamzee in the guise of a game during the "normal" phase of his life with the Highblood, in order to both render him more susceptible to a random Groin Attack and make him feel too stupid to complain. He made the mistake of mentioning it to Equius and Eridan, killing their ability to take his complaints seriously.
- Transgender: Gamzee is confirmed by Word Of God as genderfluid, which isn't really a known thing in troll society. Since he also has an unfortunate unrelated biological quirk which made him react more strongly to penetration than most male trolls, he's convinced it makes him a disgusting mutant.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The Kin chew Gamzee out for his abuse of Equius and Eridan.
Carried over from Homestuck, he is part of the main cast of Hivefled. He was happily conscripted along with Equius until he was kidnapped by Nepeta and co. After the Sufferers got wiped out, he set out on Naelenurenna along with the other eleven trolls.
- Anything That Moves: During his time as a recruit.
- Asexuality: Responsible for quite a few of his problems, as it's viewed as a form of incompetence in troll society.
- Berserk Button: The "Flying Purple People Eater" song. Yes, really.
- Brick Joke: His shoelaces.
- Compensating for Something: A very depressing example: he was sleeping around not because he just liked sleeping around, or because he was a prostitute as some of his shipmates thought, but because he's asexual, and if anyone had suspected, he'd have been culled.
- Conlang: Naelenurenna (Mindscar) is comprised of part of his ancestor Dualscar's name.
- Eye Scream: Poor thing.
- Funetik Aksent: He carries his wwavvy accent over from canon.
- Headbutting Heroes: Him and Equius.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He was perfectly content with the fleet.
- It's All About Me
- Mistaken for Prostitute: Trolls don't make a gender distinction in the stigma related to fucking Anything That Moves, and rumours of Eridan committing theft got mixed up with his promiscuity, resulting in this.
- Oh, Crap!: Upon realizing what actually happened to Gamzee.
- Planning with Props: He demonstrates to the kids how he lost his eye, supposedly in a duel with a dragon.
- Poor Communication Kills: He assumed Gamzee was just begging for attention when he messaged him. He was wrong.
- Portmanteau: The ship's name, Mindscar, which is derived from the names of his and Vriska's ancestors, Mindfang and Dualscar.
- Really Gets Around
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: His relationship with Feferi.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: March Eridan makes an appearance.
Carried over from Homestuck, she is part of the main cast of Hivefled. The heiress-to-be, she was set to face her ancestor The Condesce
in battle, but made a "tactful withdrawal" and fled to the Sufferists' caverns. She then took off in a spaceship with the other trolls after the Sufferists got wiped out after their attack on the Empire.
Main Cast (The kids and related characters)
Ward Egbert (Dad)
- The Alcoholic
- Cool Aunt: To Dave and Bro, since she took them in after they were emancipated from their parents.
Broderick "Bro" Strider
- Promoted to Parent: The Strider parents weren't winning any prizes for their skills, especially not when 'Dawn' turned out to be Dave. Bro, on the other hand, has been doing his best to be a good parent to his brother.
- The Stoner: Keeps pot inside his puppet, though we never see him stoned onscreen.
Other Canon Trolls (Including the Grand Highblood and the Condesce)
The Grand Highblood
Writes in his blood colour, and all caps. Occasionally ends sentences in the middle. And occasionally forgets punctuation.
Her Imperious Condescension
Writes in her blood colour. Uses ) ( instead of 'h', doesn't use capital letters, occasionally uses fish puns and uses no punctuation at all.
Writes in her blood colour, uses correct spelling and punctuation. Occasionally speaks in Japanese.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Pooka", given to her by the Grand Highblood (meaning a vicious shapeshifting spirit).
- Anything That Moves
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The Grand Highblood was fixated on her, and believed that she was his matespirit while the Condesce was her moirail. (The Handmaid didn't agree.) As it turned out, all it took was a bit of a nudge from Condesce for the Highblood to kill his love.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She was such a strong psychic that any fight she went into was this. Unfortunately for her, agreeing not to use her powers is what got her killed.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Started as the lowest blood caste but wound up allies with the two most powerful trolls around.
- It's All About Me: She had no loyalty to her fellow lowbloods, and teamed up with the Grand Highblood and Condesce because being their ally got her power and wealth.
- Phrase Catcher: "The handmaiden of death" and "the lowblood who should have been a highblood".
- Power Trio: With the Grand Highblood and Condesce.
- Villainous Friendship: She, the Grand Highblood and the Condesce were friends.
- Lie Back and Think of England: She had both her and Dolorosa have sex with The Grand Highblood to secure his protection from Dualscar, and thinks to herself during it that she'll wipe Dolorosa's mind of it after to spare her the humiliation.
- Rape Portrayed as Redemption: Sort of. Being psychically and situationally manipulated into sex with the Grand Highblood makes her start to think that doing similar things to others isn't the great idea she thought it was. Whether it sticks remains to be seen.
- Fate Worse than Death: The Psiioniic, as in canon. It's actually worse: the Condesce cut out his superfluous organs, so he can't survive even if he was disconnected. Not to mention, she's in love with him, rapes him and has made him father at least one child with her (Laneen).
- I Taste Delicious: Though not by choice.
- Parental Incest: The Condesce forced the Psiioniic to have sex with his daughter, Laneen.
- That Man Is Dead: To Sollux.
- Cruel Mercy: Darkleer refused to kill her because he fell in love with her, thinking that she could start a new life. The Disciple doesn't want one, and hates him for refusing to let her join her love.
- Foe Yay: Had hate-sex (on her part) with Darkleer. Which produced Nepeta and Equius.
- Forced to Watch: She, the Psiioniic and the Dolorosa were forced to watch the tortures inflicted on the Sufferer. It was especially bad for the Disciple because they raped the Sufferer and filled pails with him, while she and the Sufferer could never turn a pail in because the mutation would have been spotted.
- I Ate WHAT?!: The Condesce and the Grand Highblood serve him food made from Mindfang's body.
- Too Dumb to Live: Insisted on meeting with the Grand Highblood and the Condesce despite Mindfang urging him not to go. It doesn't end well.
- Wings Do Nothing: They're not big or strong enough to lift him, though he does use them to steer. Instead, he flies by using telekinesis.
Includes the Sufferer, the Dolorosa, Neophyte Redglare, and Executor Darkleer.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Darkleer loved The Disciple, but to say she did not reciprocate (at least not in the same quadrant) is an understatement. They still wound up having sex, but it was hate-sex on her part.
- Brainwashed: Dolorosa, by Mindfang.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: Neophyte Redglare's story has her reflecting on her life seconds before she dies.
Other Human and Animal Characters
The SETI Scientists
Types in her blood colour and uses 5 for s.
Types in his blood colour and capitalises random parts of words, liKE thIS. For the most part, he uses correct punctuation and spelling.
Types in her blood colour, and in a manner designed to echo her weird accent (i.e., uses k for c, z for s and v for u).
Types in his blood colour and uses D-> in place of all his d's.
Types in his blood colour, doesn't capitalise words, uses way too many question marks and generally tends to sound unsure (hence the question marks).
- Affectionate Nickname: His moirail once refers to him as "Iggs".
- Beware the Nice Ones: Normally very quiet and shy, but once Shuran made one inappropriate comment too many about his students, he Took a Level in Badass and called him out on it.
- The Lost Lenore: His moirail was Ukuthe, one of the Kin. Sadly, Ukuthe signed the Sul because the Grand Highblood and Condesce threatened Icatus' life, but he has no idea what happened to her, just that she vanished and was never heard from again.
- Punch-Clock Villain
Doesn't capitalise letters at the beginning of sentences, except when he's angry, and then he STARTS SHOUTING.
Speaks in third person and doesn't capitalise words.
- An Arm and a Leg
- Identical Stranger: She's not a perfect match, but the Grand Highblood kidnapped her specifically because she looked so much like the Handmaid. In the end, he carved the Megido sigil into her chest and she bled to death.
- No Pronunciation Guide: She has many ways her name could be pronounced, even the authors of Hivefled pronounce her name differently, namely "U-coo-th and U-coo-thay".
Speaks normally, but puts umlauts over all her o's and u's.
- Undignified Death: She, the Condesce and the Grand Highblood bet over whether she could drink from a filled bucket fast enough to survive. She couldn't.
Speaks fairly normally, but contracts part of his words frequently.
Doubles his a's, uses \/ instead of v, and puts any names in brackets. He also uses "andor" sometimes.
- The Trap Kicked Him: He died from drinking the Trap's water, which is a mix of water, sopor slime and sewage.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In his first appearance in a Q&A, after describing what was wrong with the water in "The Trap", he ended the explanation with "There is a reason the artist has not depicted me from the waist down."
- No Pronunciation Guide: As with Ukuthe and Thiske, there are quite a few ways his name could be pronounced. Wordof God is that his name is pronounced "Van-ah-tay."
- Running Gag: He still doesn't have pants. Worse, given the state his body's in, even if he had some pants, they'd be uncomfortable as hell.
- Undignified Death: See above. Specifically, his body's attempts to expel the waste brought out more than just water.
Doesn't capitalise words, doubles his r's, and l's, and uses w for u.
Capitalises the first letter of every word unless it starts with i. Replaces all his a's with ^.
Doesn't capitalise letters, except 'I'. <Puts each phrase in brackets, like so./> Puts a # in front of titles or the names of places. Doesn't use punctuation except for punctuation marks. Connects names with a -.
Doesn't capitalise letters. Uses @ for 'at', and & for 'and'. Doesn't use punctuation marks or commas.
Doesn't capitalise letters. Replaces all her o's with Oo, and her u's with uU.