- "Thirty long years, and it's all led up to this... my greatest achievement! ...Probably should have worn pants."
- "Your camera's a cinder-block, Toby." "I just wanna be a part of things..."
- Waddles as "Lord Mysteryham". "I play by me own rules, wot wot!"
Dipper: "I don't know why I tell you things."
- Grunkle Stan telling Waddles "You didn't see nothing!" while photocopying Journal #3.
- "The Mystery Shack is now closed! Everybody out! I will not hesitate to use the hose on the elderly!"
- Stan offering the agents "rare pictures of American presidents". Cue dollar bill sliding out of his sleeve.
- "Why don't you be a normal kid? Flirt with a girl, or... steal a pie off a windowsill?"
- "Karaoke isn't about sounding good. It's about sounding terrible together!"
- Grenda and Candy's big entrance.
Grenda: Smash! (plows into a pile of "Stañatas") Grenda has entered the party!
Candy: (picking up pieces of candy) Stan's brains look delicious!
- The Poor Man's Porn Stash in Stan's room. "Fully Clothed Women Magazine", anyone?
- This little exchange between the twins:
Mabel: Dipper! What is the one thing I asked you not to do tonight?
Dipper: Raise the dead...
Mabel: And what did you do?!
Dipper: Raised the dead.
- When the Mystery Shack is about to overrun by zombies, Soos states that that he's completely prepared, due to seeing dozens of horror movies. One of the zombies manages to bite and infect him as one of their own..... and he acts exactly the same he was before, aside from his new-found craving for brains.
- The cure for zombieism apparently involves loads of formaldehyde... and cinnamon.
- Soos might've been destroyed by Love Station Alpha's concert along with the rest of the zombies - had he not decided to just stay inside and watch TV instead.
Zombie!Soos: RRRRRRAGH - Ooh! "Gossiping Housewives" is on!
Zombie: (Offscreen, confused) Rrrrrrg?
Zombie!Soos: Eh, I already sat down.
- Mabel's failed attempts at a crowd response:
I say "kary," you say "oke"! Kary! Dipper:
I could do this all day.
Mabel: (when the zombies attack) I say "Mabel," you say "Pines!" Mabel!
Bystander: We're all gonna die!
Mabel: Why does that never work?
- "Zombies and gentlemen! I'm Mabel, they're Dipper and Stan, and together we're Love Patrol Alpha!"
Dipper: I never agreed to that name!
- Stan's response when Mabel tries to get Dipper and Grunkle Stan to sing karaoke with her so that they can create a three-part harmony and destroy the zombies.
Stan: Mabel, our lives may not be worth this.
- Dipper singing the song's first two lines:
Dipper: "Friday night and we're gonna party 'til dawn. Don't worry daddy, I've got my favorite dress on?!" Mabel, this is stupid!
Stan: Who wants Stan-cakes? They're like pancakes but they probably have some of my hair in them.
- Apparently, Mabel sent an article to the Gravity Falls Gossiper (Newspaper) about summer fashion tips for squirrels.
- After Mabel explains that her picture is going to be in the newspaper, she shows the paper to Stan and Dipper. Stan then reads...
Stan: Pacifica Northwest declares V-necks the look of the season; What am I looking at here?
- Stan questioning Pacifica's picture in the newspaper.
Stan: Is it legal for a child to wear that much makeup?
- The Gravity Falls royal discount Putt Hutt commercial was eerily specific and coincidental.
Mabel: I need something to take my mind off of this.
TV: Looking for a distraction from your horrible life?
Mabel: Why, yes!
- "And the pig can look after the house!" Cue a confused grunt from Waddles, as if he's asking "Who, me?"
- Dipper whiffs his first swing at the first hole of the mini-golf course, and his ball promptly rolls off the green and into a water hazard.
Mabel: Don't worry, bro, you're still... (slaps a dinosaur sticker on Dipper's cheek) ext-ROAR-dinary!
- Grunkle Stan's reaction to Pacifica's insults: "Soos, would it be wrong to punch a child?"
- Mabel insulting Pacifica by calling her a "A walking one-dimensional, bleached-blonde valley girl stereotype!"note
- Mabel's cheesy Imagine Spot about having something to brag about to Pacifica. Complete with the return of Xyler and Kraz.
(Both Mabel and Pacifica are shopping for clothes.)
Pacifica: Um, the section for ugly grandma clothes is over there.
Mabel: Well, the section for people who lost at mini-golf is over there! (points to the exit)
(Xyler and Kraz run in dressed as paramedics)
Xyler: We came here as fast as we could.
Kraz: We heard a little girl got seriously burned!
Pacifica: I'm ruined!!
- Stan's hilarious turn-around saying.
Stan I don't know, we'd have to break in- JUST KIDDING, LET'S BREAK IN!
- Dipper feeding a depressed Mabel nachos while her head is resting on the table.
- Soos and Stan chilling in the car. And the hilarious Ho Yay moment therein.
Soos: Sure are a lotta stars out tonight...
Stan: Well, this is gettin' weird. *leaves the car*
- This exchange:
Mabel: Are you guys tiny humans, or enormous mini-humans?
Franz: Neither; We're Lilliputtians! Lilli, lilliputt, the name makes more sense written out than spoken.
- Dipper and Mabel complimenting the Dutch Lilliputtians' ability to control the balls and sink a golf ball into a hole.
Mabel: That's amazing!
Dipper: And so needlessly complicated!
- When the Dutch Lilliputians get ready to elaborate through song Dipper turns them down. When everyone groans and leaves, Franz makes a perfect frowny face.
- During the showing of the Eiffel Tower hole, the French Lilliputtians say this:
First Frenchman: Shut your mouths, you showboating pirates! Everyone knows ze Eiffel Tower hole is ze best in ze park!
- Mabel's reaction to the vicious battle between the tribes of Lilliputtians: "Your fighting is inadvertently adorable!"
- How Dipper justifies using the help of the Lilliputtians to beat Pacifica.
Dipper: Pacifica's rich, Mabel. She's cheating at life!
- The constant petty bickering between the tribes of Lilliputtians is hilarious at times:
Franz: (to the Pirate Captain) I will not be insulted by a man with no depth perception wearing earrings!
- Big Henry, the muscular Lilliputtian's Heroic Sacrifice was played so dramatically it was even kinda hilarious, especially interspersed with a brief moment where Pacifica and Mabel are just waiting for the golf ball to reappear.
- REMEMBER BIG HENRY
- Dipper's imitation◊ of Pacifica's face when she's upset.◊
"I'm thinking it'll be, like, 'UGH'. Y' know how she does that? 'UGH'."
- Mabel's moment of conscience is posed by her as so: "Dipper, is it bad that I feel good about her feeling bad?"
- Mabel's attempt at appealing for peace:
Mabel: Why can't you just get along?
Dutch Lilliputtian: Because we hate each other!
Pirate Lilliputtian: That's kinda how rivalries work, lass.
- Pacifica gets tied up by the Lilliputtians and she says she'll go call her parents. She asks where her phone is, and some of the Lilliputtians have it, one writing up a message just saying "U R DUMM" to one of Pacifica's friends, all the while giggling.
- Franz's narrow-minded assumption at what's better than beating Pacifica in mini golf. Killing her, right?
- Dipper assures Pacifica's mini-golf trainer, Sergei, that he can't possibly drown in the shallow waters around the Pirate hole. Sergei falls face first into the water. Also, he's tied up.
- When rescuing Pacifica from the Dutch Lilliputtian's Death Trap, Pacifica proceeds to critique Mabel for taking so long, and warns her to "watch the earrings, they cost more than your house!" Mabel briefly reconsiders rescuing her at all, at which point Pacifica quickly backtracks.
- Pacifica's trainer Sergei falls off the back of the cart during the big getaway chase. Pacifica looks back and, after a moment of silence, pragmatically says "I can get another one".
- Pacifica's rage at the Lilliputtians calling her and the Pines "dumb huge-lings" while banning them from the Putt Hutt.
Pacifica: What did you say to me you little trolls? I will sue you! I will sue and I will own you! (Punches closed door)
- Pacifica initially rebuffs Mabel's offer of a ride home, until lightning strikes, signaling more rain incoming. Cut to her completely nonplussed and slightly frazzled in the back seat, surrounded by the silliness that is the Pines Family.
- Stan's upbeat song that reveals the cars headlights don't work and he can't see the road.
- Mabel teaches Pacifica about sharing... literally; Pacifica has never even heard the word before and pronounces it with a hard 'r' when trying to sound it out.
- Mabel and Dipper dropping Pacifica off at home.
Mabel: At the end of the day, she's an ordinary kid just like us.
Dipper: We should have charged her for that taco.
- Franz follows the Pines home by clinging to the back license plate of Stan's car, and gleefully vows revenge on them all - until a bump in the road dislodges him, and he gets hopelessly wedged in a clump of sand by the ditch.
- Sergei being held captive, and forced to watch a Lilliputtian song and dance number.
Sergei: Can I go now?
- Mabel finding two tacos in Stan's car, which she promptly eats.
- When Mabel first sees Gabe, she takes out her pop-up book.
- "Last time you got this sleep-deprived, you tried to eat your own shirt." Cue Dipper catching himself chewing on his shirt.
- Candy wanting to steal Gabe away from Mabel. And expressing it in Korean to boot.
- "I was just working on the world's greatest puppet show. It has puppets!"
- Bill Cipher returns, and with him, his unique sense of humor.
Dipper: There has to be some shortcut or clue [to this laptop's password]. Who would know about secret codes?
(The moon turns into Bill's eye, and his body constructs itself around it)
Bill: Hey, wanna hear my impression of you in about three seconds? (screams and flails his arms about)
- Stan complaining about Mabel's "Mabel Juice"
Mabel: It has plastic dinosaurs in it!
Stan: It's like coffee and nightmares had a baby.
- Candy nervously holding up a puppet covered in googly eyes and asking "How many eyes does a face have, again?"
- "This sock crisis just bumped up to Code: Argyle!"
- "You look like a vampire, and not the hot kind!"
- Bill exploring Dipper's body and the pain he can bring it. Among other things, he falls down a set of stairs with a totally casual expression for no reason at all, stabs himself with forks and slaps himself in the face in front of Dipper, in ways that would be horrifying if he weren't being so hilariously casual and chipper about it.
<cheerfully, while slamming Dipper's arm in a drawer> "Boy, these arms are durable!"
- Bill (in Dipper's body) screwing with Dipper's friends.
Dipper!Bill: Hey Soos! Wanna hear the exact time and date of your death?
Soos: Heh heh, okay!
- Bill's smooth moves on Wendy.
- Grunkle Stan manages to be both heartwarming and hilarious with this line:
Stan: Are you kiddin' me? I would never miss... whatever this is.
- Grenda as the stage manager.
"The show is about to begin! Please turn off your cell phones... unless you're texting me, cuties!"
"Our intermission has begun! MILL ABOUT!"
- Also, Grenda and Bipper's interaction:
Grenda: The journal's in the cake, but that doesn't come down until the third act. So hold your horses!
Oh I'll hold my horses. I'll hold them. Beat
. You monster.
- When Dipper possesses the sock puppet version of himself in an attempt to warn Mabel:
Mabel: AAAAH! It's come to life! The puppet books didn't warn me about this! (throws a fork at the Dipper puppet)
Dipper: Mabel, it's me, Dipper! You need to help me!
Mabel: Wait, what... Dipper? But you're... so much more of a sock than usual.
- Mabel apparently thinks a "biscotti" is some type of sports car.
- "Wanna kiss and sing at the same time?"
- Mabel referring to Bill-in-Dipper's-body as "Bipper".
- "Woah, children fighting! I can sell this!"
- How does Mabel defeat this unstoppable being of pure energy with no weakness? By tickling him and letting him chase her around in circles until he gets tired out.
- "Yes! I'm back in my body! And it's...just as underwhelming as I remember. Ohhhh...everything hurts..."
- The result of the pyrotechnics Trashing the Set of Mabel's puppet show. Mabel reassures Dipper by telling him that the audience will think it's All Part of the Show and clap for the extraordinary performance. The audience boos them off and leaves in frustration, and Gabe makes out with his sock puppets for comfort.
- The aforementioned trashing of the set is just as funny: a slow-mo explosion of all the puppets as "Ave Maria" plays and the Stan puppet falls in flames. And then Gabe makes the most overdramatic face imaginable.
- The bonus code screen at the end of the episode.
- The image is hilarious. The cipher, when translated...not so much.
- The Stinger, which has Stan and Old Man McGucket as Statler and Waldorf-esque puppets critiquing the Dipper and Mabel sock puppets.
- Stan's first reaction to walking in on everyone making puppets: "Not even gonna ask." And later, "Still ignoring this."
- The first three seconds of the episode:
Mabel: *prancing* La la la la la *runs right into the door, gets braces caught in the screen* Aaah!
- Which is followed by Mabel, assuming this is the end for her, requesting someone to help dictate her will.
Mabel: I'm giving it all to Waddles!
- Grandpa Soos apparently wasn't a great guy.
Abuelita: I would like to see you settled, before I ascend to heaven and live with the angels.
Soos: And with Grandpa!
Abuelita: ...No, he is not there.
- Goldie's first appearance, scaring the living daylights out of an unsuspecting child. Heck, Goldie's existence counts as one.
- Soos' first attempt at flirting. "Attempt" being the operative word.
Soos: (slightly stilted) Your face is good. I'm a Soos!
- Which causes the girl he was talking to to scream in fear, and run out of the store while shoving a customer out of the way and knocking over some shelves.
- "Just use your mouth to say words that makes romance happen."
- At the mall, Soos expresses being afraid of embarrassing himself again, and Mabel attempts to cheer him up.
Mabel: Eh, you can't be any worse at this than Dipper.
Dipper: Yeah! Wait, wha-?
- Soos trying to flirt with a gothic... person outside the Hot Topic stand-in.
Soos: So, you're probably a girl, right? ... Wrong? No I was right the first time! ... Wrong?
- Soos reading from the cover of the game:
- On the sticky note on Romance Academy 7 warning "destroy at all costs!", someone apparently took the time to draw the Flipping the Table emoticon.
- Romance Academy 7's "Blind Idiot" Translation.
Soos: "When the cherry petals of magic romance academy are in bloom... anthyding can hadplen." That is so true.
- Earlier, the game screen shows the developer, "Year 2000 Electronics."
"Dude, I can't wait for the year 2000!"
- Giffany tells Soos that "Every time you compliment me, I get another highlight in my eyes!" He starts giving her compliments and her eyes get so big and shiny they end up looking like this◊.
- "Dang! Where dem sweet honeys at?!" Said by Mabel.
- Mabel, nearly veering into Bi the Way territory, barging into the women's restroom to find a date for Soos and scaring everyone away.
Mabel: "I'll check the ladies bathroom. It's love time, girls! Get out there! No time to wash your hands! (every woman in there runs out terrified) It's time to date, date, date!"
Dipper: ...aaand here comes security.
- After Soos accidentally bumps into a lady shopper and tries desperately to undo the situationnote , the lady ominously responds with "You can't undo who you are." Really, the bizarre tonal shift with that little bit is hysterical.
- When Giffany is explaining to Soos what happened when her creators tried to delete her and she had to "delete" them, there's a scene of several figures on computers. One of them has a stream of binary on their monitor, which when translated reads SPACEJAMTWO.
- When Giffany offers to be with Soos "forever and ever":
Soos: That's awesome! Sort of a red flag... but mostly awesome!
- Giffany and Soos' date of him riding a kiddie train ride with Giffany in the monitor of the train, riding her own train◊
- When Soos meets a real-life girl he likes, she works at a place called Meat Cute!
Soos: Extreme lunch meats are the wave of the future.
Melody: I feel the same way...
- Mabel's little joyful freak-out when Soos manages to get a date.
- Wendy's reactions to Stan's obsession with getting the badger animatronic:
Wendy: This is literally too dumb for me to care about.
- "Sometimes a man has to steal an animatronic badger to stay in this crazy game called life."
- Stan tries sneaking out of his own house through the front window for no reason, then injures his back.
Wendy: I'll get your orthopedic back pillow.
Stan: Thank you.
- Giffany stalking Soos on his date is creepy, but his response is rather amusing:
- This line referencing a common online debate:
Soos: Guys, I'm being stalked by Giffany! ...Or maybe it's pronounced "JIFfany"? I was never really sure.
- (in cheerful Machine Monotone) "Hello, friends. Hoo-Haw the Owl is dead."
- "I'm going to eat your face like pizza!" Which is also potential Nightmare Fuel.
- Soos's battle plan.
Soos: I'm so sorry, Melody. It's me that she wants. I'll distract her while Dipper and Mabel keep you safe! It's the only way!
Soos: THE ONLY WAY!
- Melody admitting that a date involving being attacked by sentient robots and dealing with a Yandere AI is actually NOT the worst date she's been on.
- Granny Soos following the group in secret.
Granny: Soos's life is my soap opera.
- Stan running off to Vegas with Goldie in The Stinger. And doing everything from gambling with it to marrying it.
- And the Lil Jon-parodying rap number performed by John DiMaggio over the credits.
- This episode has a lot of really great fake product names:
- Wendy reads a magazine called "Avoiding Eye Contact Monthly."
- Soos buys the game with Giffany in it from a place called "Beebly Boop's Videogames", with a perfect imitation of the Gamestop logo and font.
- There are stores in the mall called "Overalls Are Cool Now" and "Build A Beaver".
- The local Hot Topic pastiche is named "EDGY on PURPOSE".
- Stan and Goldy sit in a bath tub drinking glasses of "rich people water".
- The last third of the episode as a whole becomes particularly hilarious when you consider that it involves possessed animal animatronics at a pizzeria. Given the Animation Lead Time (especially in a traditionally animated cartoon like Gravity Falls), it's very unlikely any of this was intentional.
- Stan tossing aside a palantír.
- When the Handwitch refuses to sell Grunkle Stan any of her watches, an ominous wind stirs up and she shrieks "The wind whispers your name!" Cut to Tyler the Cute Biker selling windchimes at a booth called "Sev'ral Chimez", who tries to shush his windchimes.
- When Grunkle Stan mocks Dipper for his worries about the witch:
Grunkle Stan: Anyone wanna buy a wet blanket? Wet blanket for sale!
(selling actual wet blankets
) I can't compete in this market...
- Stan adjusts to the loss of his hands pretty quickly. "So I might've got cursed a little..."
- Stan's attempts at living without his hands. It does NOT go well. Examples include:
- Mabel playing rock-paper-scissors with two of the Handwitch's hands, and running away when she loses.
- After giving her cave a makeover, Mabel assures the Handwitch that "Men will definitely tolerate you now!"
- The Handwitch using the book of pick-up lines Mabel gave her on a passing handsome hiker, and it works.
- Mabel and Waddles playing at being "morning zoo" disc jockeys.
Mabel: Don't touch that dial, truckers, 'cause the Hogg just ate it!
- "Forgive me, my pig arms are cute and useless."
- Mabel freaking out over Waddles suddenly becoming smart and building a voice-synthesizer.
Mabel: This isn't right! (holds up a Spin 'n' Say-like toy) The pig goes oink! The pig goes oink!!
- Waddles squealing angrily at the goat chewing on his pillow, then shooting a fusillade of foam missiles at it.
- "My kite got stuck in a tree! I hate everything!"
- Waddles giving Grenda a jetpack and Candy a death ray.
Candy: Death to my enemies!
- The pictures of "Waddles's ???th Birthday, Probably" has Mabel and Waddles just eating a big bowl of cake frosting and sprinkles, with a few candles in it.
- Waddles using his masterpiece machine to feed himself potatoes.
Smart!Waddles: Yummy yummy! For my fat little pig tummy!
- Waddles' flashback montage is as touching as it is silly.
Just remember to remember those times!
- Mabel threatening Stan off-screen for trying to sell Waddles to the viewer.
- Stan's line:
Stan: "Movies are great! You watch the movie, you scare the girl, the girl snuggles up next to you, next thing you know you gotta raise a kid, your life falls apart... Forget that last part."
- "Ooh, old people movies! Get ready for references we don't understand, and words we can't repeat!"
- Mabel's fear of stop-motion. In fact, she ends up spending much of the "Clay Day" segment cowering in a laundry basket full of old sweaters.
Mabel: The Cyclops! Its face is made of nightmares!
- The text on the back of the box of Stan's movie says;
"I actually watched this."- A Critic
"My favorite movie!" - Mom
Rated O for Old People
- Stan tries to console Mabel about her fear shortly after breaking into the animator's house.
Stan: You see, Mabel, those "monsters" are just tiny clay figures moved around one frame at a time. By an antisocial shut-in.
- When the Stan, Dipper and Soos encounter the living claymotion cyclops.
- Near the end of "Clay Day", the characters watch the battle between the giant Shimmery Twinkleheart and Claymore's stop-motion monsters just off-screen, while discussing how expensive and time-consuming claymation is.
- Harry Claymore's line about his work: "What? You think people animate these things by hand one frame at a time? I'm not a masochist! I use black magic to animate these things."
- Gumby Soos
- Waddles commenting that there's more to life than fart noises and laughing at those fart noises.
- Mabel playing tic-tac-toe with the viewer at the end, and just can't make up her mind whether she wants to be X or O.
- Jeff the gnome threatening to resort to cannibalism if the other gnomes don't succeed in getting Lazy Susan's pie.
- After Lazy Susan is abducted; "Well, back to pie! I was this close to eating you, Steve.
- Dipper accidentally biting into his pen, and throwing it into a box for chewed-up "thinking pens".
- Mabel lamenting her bad luck with boys after learning Mermando is engaged to the queen of the manatees for political reasons.
(points to a picture of Norman
) Turned out to be gnomes... (points to Li'l Gideon
) Child psycho... (points to Gabe
) Made out with his own hands...
- Doubly funny is that Mabel considers the manatee queen to be beautiful.
- "Rappers are visionaries, Wendy. If they told me to eat my own pants, I would do it!" Guess what the next verse of "Straight Blanchin'" involves?
- "Straight Blanchin'"'s entire existence in the show, as a parody of annoying summer Ear Worms (and to a lesser extent, top 40 music in general). Its lyrics consist of little but "Am I blanchin'? Girl we blanchin', I live up in a mansion!" (Aside from the "eat your own pants" bit.)
- Wendy throwing Soos' CD out the truck window, and then immediately realizing she was overreacting.
Wendy: ....I'll buy you a new one.
- "Mabel, are you okay? You just walked by a cat without petting it."
- Lazy Susan's recollection of her gnome sighting.
Well, I was leaving the diner, and I saw these bearded little doodads, and I was like, "Whaaa?!"
Blind Eye Leader: There, there... you wont' be "like wha" for much longer.
- McGucket Symbol Swearing in hamboning.◊
- After the ominous meeting, the members of the Society of the Blind Eye wander off, jovially telling each other "Un-see you later!"
- "Man, you have got to teach me some of them old-man swear-words!"
- Robbie's memory-wiping session, in which he recalls the events of "Fight Fighters" and, after a little prompting to be honest, begrudgingly admits he got saved by a twelve-year old.
- Mabel showing Wendy her opening line for talking to a guy.
Mabel: "Hi, I'm Mabel! I'm twelve and I own a pig, wanna get married?"
- From that same scene, Wendy's impression of a guy involves wrapping a lock of her hair around her face in imitation of mutton-chops and saying "Testosterone!" in a gravelly voice, then spitting.
- McGucket while hiding from the Order, notices his own Pointless Band-Aid.
McGucket: Hey, why does my beard have a bandage? Does that even make sense? Why has no one pointed that out?
- A little less funny when you realize it's been there for years and he's only just remembered it.
- Everyone's extremely distressed confessions as they're about to have their memories erased.
Soos: Mabel, for half of the summer I thought your name was Maple, like the syrup. No one corrected me!
Mabel: I only love some of my stuffed animals and the guilt is killing me!
Dipper: Sometimes I use big words and I don't actually know what they mean! I mean, I'm supposed to be the smart guy! If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?!
Wendy: Okay, I'm not actually laid back. I'm stressed, like, 24/7! Have you met my family?!
- During their final goodbyes just a moment later, Soos blurts out, "I'm gonna miss you, Maple!"
- During his Big Damn Heroes moment, McGucket supplies the gang with prospector-era weapons from the museum. Dipper gets a stuffed raccoon on a stick, and Soos got an informative plaque about Dysentery.
Soos: (Holding up Plaque threateningly) Nobody better mess!
- Even better, a member of the Order flees when Soos holds it up and threatens them with dysentery.
- After it's revealed one of the members wears nothing but his underwear in his robe...
Soos: (holds memory ray to head) Well, time to forget that forever.
- After wiping the Blind Eye society's memories of their society Dipper tricks them into thinking they were just visiting the museum and to give their donations to the gold miner (McGucket). Looks like his Grunkle has rubbed off on him a bit.
- Also a bit of Heartwarming when you consider that the money will help Mc Gucket.
- Mabel giving Blind Ivan a fun new identity. And a banjo.
Mabel: Your name is Toot Toot McBumbersnazzle! You’re a traveling banjo minstrel with a song in your heart and funny tattoos on your head!
- Scrawling "Butts" on Ivan's head. With a permanent marker, no less.
- At the end, Wendy remarks that the episode's events have helped her get "Straight Blanchin'" out of her head. Guess what's playing on the radio of Soos' truck.
Wendy: Oh, come on!
- After Mabel decides to learn from her failed summer romances rather than try to erase the memories of them, she gets the others to help her vandalize a poster of Gabe Bensen from Sock Opera.
- "He's either the bravest time-convict I've seen, or just the dumbest!" Cue Blendin crashing into a wall, tripping over some barrels, and spraining his "time-knee". "Definitely the dumbest."
- The twins' reactions when the vending machine fails.
Mabel: Everything is terrible forever!
- "Forget taking off the wrappers! I'm eating these now!"
- *cough* *cough* "That was a mistake!"
- Soos mentions that he would do anything for the Pines family.
Stan (off-screen): Soos! I need to scratch myself in two places at once!
Soos: And I mean anything. Coming, Mr. Pines!
- Soos apparently keeps "emergency salami" in his wallet.
- When Mabel announces she's always wanted a surprise party, Candy appears out of nowhere and, with a cry of "Surprise!", throws confetti over Mabel. Mabel just gives her a dirty look and says "Too little too late, Chiu."
- "More exclamation points! More, I say!!"
- Stan apparently tried getting the government to remove Soos's birthday from the calender. Now he's not allowed on planes.◊
- Toby Determined as "The Razz Dazzler" is so sad, it's hilarious.
Toby: (in a cheery voice) Razzle dazzle, friends! It's me, the Raz Dazzler! This is what my life has become!
- And in the past, Mabel sees Toby learning how to tap-dance, and bluntly tells him "This dream goes nowhere, Toby!"
- Mabel's odd laugh after she tells Soos that Dipper and she "definitely didn't rifle through [Soos's] wallet" to find out that he likes laser tag.
- The cheezy "Mission Briefing" at the laser-tag place:
Announcer: It is the year 8000! Society has collapsed! Fog machines, everywhere!
- Grunkle Stan and Wendy talking about the laser-tag place:
Wendy: Are these walls just mattresses spray-painted purple?
Stan: I think this place used to be a mattress store.
- "Kick: Deflected! Thank you for buying DigiCod®, the Smart Codpiece™!"
- Dipper and Mabel's inability to remember Blendin's name. "Blar-blar!"
- Mabel's reaction to the horrors of Globnar:
...Is this a game show? Are we in Japan?
- Mabel tries to distract Lolph by claiming to be his "great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother", complete with Dipper prompting her on how many greats to add. Even more hilarious, it works!
Lolph: (after Dipper and Mabel steal his time-tape) Gam-gam, how could you?!
Mabel: I ain't no one's gam-gam, sucka! You just got time tricked!
- After the twins teleport too far into the past:
Mabel: Time travel, man! Why you gotta be so complicated?!
- Blendin threatens to 'keep stammering' until Lolph and Dundgren find the twins, which references not only his speech patterns, but those Justin Roiland uses in his other characters, like Morty and Lemongrab.
- Irony occurs when the twins are in the past and they encounter Wendy and Tambry (at fives years old.) Tambry tells Dipper that Wendy thinks he's cute. Dipper's embarrassed and confused by it while Mabel teases him that this is probably how Wendy feels, cue epiphany from Dipper.
Dipper: Aha, thank you, I mean you're super young so this is weird.
Mabel: Now you know how she feels, creep.
Dipper: Aha, yeah I...wow...wow.
- The running gag of (young) Robbie shooting someone with his water gun.
- Also the fact that at one point, he calls himself "Young Robbie".
- When the twins surrender, Lolph warns Dundgren to be careful since they're from the past and "they might have powder muskets or slap bracelets."
- Lolph muting Blendin mid-sentence, and Dundgren wishing that they'd known they could do that earlier.
- Time Baby resisting the formula from the robot, and then later drinking all of it before another robot comes along and pats his back so he can burp.
- The much hyped final challenge of the gladiator games Blendin challenges Dipper and Mabel to turns out to be.... laser tag.
Blendin: It might not seem challenging now, but soon they'll turn on the smoke machines, and THEN!
- Dipper easily wins the challenge by shooting Blendin before he has a chance to run off.
- After defeating Blendin, the Time Baby asks the twins what fate they will decide for the loser.
Mabel: DEEEAAATH! (beat) Sorry, I got carried away.
- "Yes! I got my job back! I'm so happy I could hug someone!" "I can kill you in eight different ways." "Yes, sir!"
- Soos' wish, which has a triple pointage for being this, Crowning Moment of Heartwarming and Crowning Moment of Awesome. Instead of wishing to see his deadbeat father, he wishes for Dipper and Mabel to be cleaned up. When Blendin' explains how he completely wasted a time wish, Soos exclaims that he also wished for a slice of "Infinite Pizza", which regenerates after every bite. Everyone is impressed.
- The twins cloud-gazing with Wendy and her friends:
Woah, that cloud looks like a chipmunk!
(An airplane flies through the cloud
Heh, barfing an airplane. Thompson:
(points to a waffle-shaped cloud
) That cloud looks like, uh, a cloud
. Other Kids:
Thompson, stop being the worst at everything!
- Dipper making fun of Thompson throughout the episode and earning the approval of Nate and Lee.
- If you pause when Wendy is flipping through Tambry's phone, you will see a list of bands that are going to be playing at the Woodstick festival, including acts such as "Scarves Indoors" and "Wood Grain on Everything".
- "Gaze upon death! Gaze upon death!"
- The horrifying thing Thompson finds in an open grave in the cemetery... a moping Robbie clutching a picture of Wendy and wailing about his misfortune.
Wendy: It's really sweet you threw yourself into a grave for me, but man, time to move on.
- Immediately after Robbie lies to Wendy about moving on from their breakup, we hear that his ringtone is a song he wrote about her.
Wendy I miss you so much, I'll never move on, never ever.
- "The cemetery used to be fun, now it's just depressing."
- Robbie telling a vulture to just eat him already and end his misery. It does.
Robbie: Aah! I was just being dramatic! Quit it! Ow! My face! Vulture!
- Mabel bragging about her match-making success, including Waddles and Gompers the goat... who have been dressed in wedding attire and duct-taped together.
- The Stinger revolves around a Photo Montage of Gompers and Waddles' "wedding" pictures, while a cheesy 70s pop ballad about "A Goat and a Pig" plays.
- Stan's horrified reaction to realizing the Woodstick festival is coming to town, including threatening to take a crossbow to the hot-air balloons passing overhead.
Stan: Soos! Lock down the shack and hide my shirts before anyone tie-dyes them!
- Robbie's parents are very cheerful and friendly... and they're also funeral directors. Wherever they go, Black Comedy follows.
Valentino Funeral Home
If you were dead, you'd be home by now!
- The reveal that Robbie's middle name is Stacey.
- As Mabel is walking through their house, we see her pass by a series of framed pictures, all showing Robbie as he grows older. The music slows to a crawl as Robbie is shown growing more and more into the Emo Teen he is today.
- "I used to think you were a creepy jerk, like the human version of rat poison."
- Mabel trying to find a match for Robbie. "Multi-Bear? I'm putting you in the 'maybe' pile."
- Wendy's friends duct-taping snacks to Thompson's body to smuggle into the music festival.
- A chalkboard in Greasy's Diner reads "Ask about our steak dinner! We don't have one!"
- When Mabel meets the Love God, he hands her a beat-up old cassette tape of one of his albums. She says "Oh, that's... great!" with forced cheeriness as she discreetly tosses the tape in a nearby trash can.
- "They're gonna make a snadger!"
- "Will you accept squirrels as payment?!"
- For context: that's Mabel saying this.
- Mabel swapping one of the Love God's potions for a squirrel.
- Nate punching Thompson's mailbox after the group has a falling out over Robbie hooking up with Tambry.
Thompson: NOT MY MAILBOX!!
- Even better is that he hurt his hand doing so.
- Mabel criticizing Dipper's shirt, and Dipper agrees!
Mabel:...Also, you are not pulling off that v-neck.
Dipper (sighing): I know.
Mabel: BURN IT!
- "Guy from the ten-dollar bill! I forgot I had a crush on you!"
- Grunkle Stan's hideous hot air balloon modeled after his own head. Especially when it starts to fall apart.
Original Message: I HEART KIDS
Modified Message: I _EA_T KIDS
(At this point it's also on fire)
- The over-dramatic music that plays as it terrorizes everybody is the icing on the cake.
- "It's heaven's punishment for our terrible taste in everything!"
- When Charlie asks his mother if the floating head was going to eat them, the mother replies yes, crying and hugging him as the balloon slowly descends upon them. The whole scene is practically straight out of a monster flick.
- When the Love God gets back his anti-love formula, he boasts that "only a greater being from the heavens above" can stop him. Cue Grunkle Stan's balloon crashing on top of him.
- "What's everybody crying about? In my day, zeppelins fell from the sky like raindrops!"
- Love God's response to a groupie asking him to sign her face: "Only if you sign mine, baby. LET'S GET WEIRD!"
- Mabel and Dipper crowd surfing to escape The Love God. Mabel is of course enthusiastic about it, while Dipper is...not.
Dipper: "No no no everyone's touching everything!
- The Love God, crowd surfing after the Twins, takes a moment to greet fans and hand out more cassettes.
- When all the plates and chairs are attacking the Northwests at the beginning of the episode.
Preston Northwest: You are my possessions! Obey me!
- Dipper preparing for a 48 hour marathon of "Ghost Harassers" on the Used to Be About History Channel
Dipper: *sips a Pitt cola* Be strong, bladder. We're not gonna move till sunset.
- Mabel, Candy and Grenda reacting to the bulletin about the party.
In unison: Oooooooo!
- The start of the episode shows Mabel, Candy, and Grenda in awe of the Northwest family's standard of living. Dipper is having none of it.
Guys, in case you've already forgotten, Pacifica Northwest is the worst - and that's not just jealously talking. I'd say that to her face. *opens door to reveal Pacifica
Pacifica: I need your help.
- Mabel messing with the face of a completely unfazed butler.
Butler: Nyes, very good miss.
- The Freeze-Frame Bonus about Marius Von Fundhauser's past:
Guest Book Description: After inheriting his father's cravat and epaulets factory at the age of 7, Marius Von Fundhauser quickly rose to prominece as the richest rich boy in Richardson Richington's Rich Boys Richcademy, furtherrich, he rich rich rich rich rich, rich rich rich. Rich,
- Grenda doing the "something on your shirt" trick to a party guest, flicking his nose, and then going "LOSER!" Then she pulls it on Marius, to Mabel and Candy's dismay...and he actually likes it.
- Mabel, Candy, and Grenda's nervous laughter when they "agree" not to pursue Marius von Fundshauser.
- The 102-year-old mayor of Gravity Falls, whose entourage includes a trio of vultures that circle around him waiting for him to die. And when the lumberjack ghost appears at the party, Mayor Befufftlefumpter casually goes "Ah, the Grim Reaper. I've been expecting you."
- Dipper and Pacifica's first encounter with the lumberjack ghost? Horrifying. Dipper's reaction to the journal's only advice for a category 10 ghost being PRAY FOR MERCY? Hilarious.
Dipper: Aw, seriously?
- Candy being torn between cheese and chocolate fondue:
Mabel: Candy, listen to me carefully. You're caught in a sweet-savory loop. Put the fondue fork down.
Candy: ...I want to, but I can't...
- Just the noise the peacock makes when Dipper accidentally runs into it.
- It's sandwiched between tense moments, sure, but there's Dipper telling Pacifica that the ghost "started rhyming, for some reason."
- The Northwests thanking Dipper after he captured the Lumberjack by having a butler shake his hand for them.
Mrs. Northwest: We can't thank you enough... that's enough.
- Dipper's exorcism chant.
- Pacifica's father having her trained to respond to a bell? Disgusting. His indignation when she starts to stand up against it? This.
- The lumberjack ghost's final lines:
- Tyler the Cute Biker doing his signature "Get 'em! Get 'em!" when Pacifica opens the gates to the Northwest Mansion, complete with glistening eyes.
- Even better, he's saying "Get in, get in!"
- At the beginning of the episode, Preston Northwest was very adamant on how the silverware was placed. When the townspeople stampeded into the mansion, Tyler picks up a fork to look at it then sets it down.
Preston: That's not how the fork should be placed!
- The Stinger involves Agents Power and Trigger (the latter Disguised in Drag) having an argument in a coat closet at the party that sounds Like an Old Married Couple. Then Tambry walks in
- Agent Powers' disguise uses a fake moustache...even though he has a similar looking real one underneath.