open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- From Bleach: "Spirits are ALWAYS WITH YOU!!"
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, You Are Not Alone."
- In Fairy Tail, Juvia says this to Gray when she uses the last of her strength to give him a lifesaving blood transfusion with her water magic. While Gray believes she's dead and Juvia was fully expecting to die, Juvia survives.
Films — Animated
- The Lion King: 'He Lives in You'
- The Land Before Time, Little Foot's mother: "I'll always be with you, even when you can't see me." In one of the sequels, the sentiment is put into song, "Always There".
- All Dogs Go to Heaven 2 has a nice little song based around this.
- Big Hero 6: Baymax says this directly to Hiro to both console and convince him to say the phrase that will allow Baymax to deactivate and send out Hiro and Abigail's pod with his rocket fist, leaving him behind. As it turns out, Baymax means it a bit more literally than initially seemed, because the rocket fist that saves Hiro and Abigail's lives has Baymax's healthcare chip in it, and Hiro is able to rebuild Baymax with it and Tadashi's schematics, memories and all.
- Pocahontas: John Smith says this to Pocahontas when he is due to be executed.
Films — Live-Action
- Final Destination: At the end, Alex tells Clear "I'm always with you" right before he saves her from the exploding car by grabbing the loose electrical wire. In the original, Alternate Ending, it resulted in a Heroic Sacrifice. In the theatrical ending, it resulted in a Disney Death.
- Superman (1978)
Jor-El: He will not be alone. He will never be alone. [snip] You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you, even in the face of our own deaths. [snip] You will carry me inside you all the days of your life.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Obi-Wan Kenobi: [To Luke Skywalker] The Force will be with you, always.
- Casper: 'Remember Me This Way'
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - "I'll be right here."
- Alec's parting words to Alice in Swamp Thing.
- The song by Puff Daddy, "I'll Be Missing You", a memoriam re-recording of The Police's "Every Breath You Take". What's interesting is they take the creepy stalker elements of the song and rewrite it to become this trope. Missing You is about your dead loved ones watching and waiting in heaven.
- The Phil Collins song "You'll Be In My Heart".
- Escape Club's "I'll Be There" is about a dead paramour watching his love from heaven after he's gone.
- "Sleeping With Ghosts" by Placebo - also known as "Soulmates Never Die".
- "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling:
I know now, just quite howMy life and love might still go onIn your heart, in your mindI'll stay with you for all of time
- Kingdom Hearts 1: Kairi to Sora "Don't ever forget. Wherever you go, I'm always with you."
- May occur at the end of Persona 4. When the investigation team is sad over the protagonist leaving, one of the dialogue options is "I'll stay... in your hearts." If you choose this, it's immediately lampshaded by Kanji.
- If you complete Yukiko's Social Link, she will give you a shrine charm. If you romanced her, she will say that it will protect you even when she can't be there, and allow you to always be together.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: Mary to Edward in their final moments before she dies "I'll be with you, Kenway. I will."
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
- SpongeBob SquarePants, "Fear of a Krabby Patty":
Giant Krabby Patty: Remember, SpongeBob, I will always be with you, right here. [points at SpongeBob's chest]SpongeBob: In my heart?Giant Krabby Patty: Actually, your arteries.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Yue to Sokka at the end of Season One.
- The Legend of Korra: Raava, to Wan, the First Avatar. It's kind of an odd example, because Wan dies, but Raava moves on to the next Avatar, so Wan lives on through reincarnation.
- Parodied in the Gravity Falls episode "Irrational Treasure":
Quentin Trembley: Children, I am needed elsewhere. Just know that I'll always be right here... (points at Dipper's heart, and unfolds his hand to reveal a bill) ...On the negative 12-dollar bill.Dipper: Wow, this is worthless!'Trembley: It's less than worthless, dear boy!