A Good Luck Charm
is an item that brings you good luck, or is believed to do so. These are very common in folklore; the most common examples are a four leaved clover, a rabbit's foot, and a horseshoe (hung upside down so that the luck won't pour out). In video games, expect an item like this to improve your Luck Stat
Supertrope of Four-Leaf Clover
and Lucky Rabbit's Foot
. Contrast with Bad Luck Charm
open/close all folders
- In A Tale Of Two Kingdoms, to win a gambling game you need to find a horseshoe for luck first.
- The Legend of Kyrandia also has a horseshoe as lucky charm (and magnet) which is a component in one of the potions.
- Terraria: Has an item called the Lucky Horseshoe which looks like a traditional good luck charm. However instead of affecting luck in the game it negates fall damage.
- In Star Ocean: The Second Story, being the Born Unlucky character of the cast, Ashton Anchors likes to collect lucky charms, especially after having been possessed the two dragons on his back.
- Resident Evil 2 has Sherry's gold locket which subverts the crap out of this trope. It secretly contains a sample of the G Virus, which is the reason the Tyrant T-103 Type is hunting her down.