Music / The Calling
The Calling is a Pop Rock band from Los Angeles, California. They formed in 2000 and have released two albums, but have been on indefinite hiatus since 2005.
They have two albums:
- Camino Palmero (2001)
- Two (2004)
Tropes that apply to The Calling
- Break-Up Song: "Nothing's Changed" and "Could It Be Any Harder" sound like these, although the latter could also be about someone dying.
- Intercourse with You: "Surrender" and "Unstoppable"
- Manipulative Bitch: The girl in "Adrienne" seems like one of these.
- One-Hit Wonder: "Wherever You Will Go" was their only Top 40 hit.
- One-Woman Song: "Adrienne".
- Signature Song: "Wherever You Will Go", helped along by the fact that it has appeared in a number of TV shows.
- Silly Love Songs: A lot of their songs are either this or songs commenting on the nature of life and humanity. It works for them though.
- Vocal Dissonance: Alex Band, who was 20 when they released their first album, looks like a a teenage boy but has a deep, semi-Yarling singing voice.