Blaze, according to his lyrics, is a reincarnated gangsta rapper killed in the late 1980s who has returned from the dead. Thus, his music tends to sound like a fusion of old school, usually West Coast-type hip hop and modern day Horrorcore. He is one of the most popular artists on the Psychopathic Records label founded by Insane Clown Posse, and a member of the supergroups Dark Lotus and Psychopathic Rydas.
Blaze Ya Dead Homie provides examples of the following tropes:
- Back from the Dead: His act is built on this.
- Does This Remind You Of Anything?: Blaze used to wear a clock around his neck, like a zombie Flavor Flav.
- Gangsta Rap: His sound and much of his lyrical subject matter.
- Horrorcore: The rest of his subject matter.
- I Love the Dead: His cover of ICP's "Dead Body Man".
- Resurrective Immortality: According to "Escape Artist" and the video for "Dead Man Walking," Blaze can be injured, and he feels pain, but he absolutely does not die. Apparently being resurrected by the Lotus Pod has this effect. As a result of this immortality, he often goes around acting like a douche to other gang bangers and pushing their buttons in order to see how long it takes for them to lose their cool and murder him, only to freak them out later when he shows up alive and (maybe not so) well.
- The Stoner
- Vulgar Humor: "Nasty" is this to the Nth degree. Among the things referenced in the lyrics include reusing Anybody Killa's condoms, sex with chickens, swimming in a portable toilet and things that are too graphic to describe here.