is a Marvel
imprint/series based on the attractions of the Disney Theme Parks
and the first major collaboration between Disney and Marvel after the buyout. Shortly after the merger, Joe Quesada attended a baseball game with a group of Disney Imagineers to discuss possible projects and the possibilities of looking to Disney attractions for comic ideas came into discussion. Marvel writers and artists would collaborate with the Imagineers on creating these stories, starting off with one of the biggest examples of What Could Have Been
for the parks: The Museum of the Weird.
Disney Kingdoms titles include:
- Seekers of the Weird (based on Museum of the Weird) - January 2014-May 2014- by Brandon Seifert and Karl Moline
- Two siblings, Mary and Max Keep, work in their parents' occult curio shop in New Orleans. When their parents are kidnapped by an evil secret society, they must travel to the Museum of the Weird with the help of their Uncle Roland, to find a sinister object known as the Coffin Clock to exchange for their freedom.
- Figment (based on Journey into Imagination) - June 2014- by Jim Zub and Philipe Andrede
- The origin story to Epcot's beloved characters Dreamfinder and Figment. Originally known as Blarion Mercurial, the story of the Dreamfinder begins at the Scientifica Lucida, a science academy in Edwardian London. When experimenting with a device that brings thought into form, he brings Figment to life from childhood memories. Wanting to tap into the power of the imagination further, the two end up creating a portal to an alternate realm, taking their first journey into imagination.
Tropes in this series include:
- Artifact Collection Agency: The Wardens, which includes the Keep parents among its ranks, use the Museum to protect dangerous magical objects.
- The Big Easy: Serves as Seekers of the Weird's setting, based off of the attraction's planned inclusion into Disneyland's New Orleans Square
- Cool Chair: The Walking Chair, which as the name implies, is a legged chair that follows basic commands.
- The Fair Folk: Flying blue fairies formed from sounds capture Figment and Dreamfinder for the discord they have created.
- Genius Loci: The Museum's Library is sentient and will turn the books into a book golem if threatened.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Taxidermied chimeras serve as the Shadow Society's minions
- Prequel: Figment is focused around Dreamfinder's younger days.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Reaper King inside the Coffin Clock.
- Skunk Stripe: Max gains one in the process of sealing the Reaper King
- Steampunk: Set to be part of the aesthetic of Figment
- The Edwardian Era: Setting of Figment.