open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In Naruto, there are at least two instances where Hinata Hyuga giggled after her crush and, eventually, her lover Naruto said something foolish. The first time was at the end of the first part of the Chuunin Exams. The second time was in The Last: Naruto the Movie, while the two of them were investigating an abandoned shinobi village.
- In "Under the Pledging Tree", when Ash asks Serena what gifts she's planning to get while she's thinking that the two of them are on a date, she quickly replies "I'm not sure yet!", while chuckling nervously.
- In "Party Dancecapades", Serena mentally chuckles nervously while thinking of dancing with Ash.
- In Princess Mononoke, a lot of the women of Iron Town giggle and blush when they're around Ashitaka.
- The Camp Half-Blood Series:
- In the final Percy Jackson and the Olympians novel, The Last Olympian, Annabeth laughs right before she has her first kiss with Percy.
- In the first novel of the sequel series The Heroes of Olympus, "The Lost Hero", there is some giggling from the Aphrodite cabin when their counselor, Drew (who is a girl), makes a remark about Jason being "handsome and smart" after he recites the last two lines of the Great Prophecy in Latin.
- Harry Potter:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
- In "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered", when Xander is walking down the school hallway after his love spell has inadvertently affected practically every female character in Sunnydale, the girls there are staring, sighing and giggling at him, while the guys are watching him enviously.
- In "Him", Dawn and RJ are laughing while dirty-dancing together at a party.
- In Castle, Beckett tends to smile and laugh a lot when around her current boyfriend-of-the-week, and eventually with Castle himself.
- Daredevil: Matt and Karen. It becomes especially prevalent during the first part of season 2, where they usually are giggling and flirting whenever Foggy is not in the room, allowing them to have a moment.
- Ariana Grande is frequently giggling and laughing around her love interest in the video for "Into You".
- This happens in some Becky G songs:
- The Captain and Tennille recorded their cover of "Muskrat Love", which concerns a romance between two muskrats, which elicits giggling from the female. "Now he's tickling her fancy, rubbing her toes / Muzzle to muzzle, now anything goes / As they wriggle / Sue starts to giggle."
- An inversion occurs in Jojo's "Too Little, Too Late", where she's laughing and cheering in the rain following a bad break-up.
- Katy Perry is also frequently laughing around her love interest in the video for "Teenage Dream".
- In the video for Kelly Clarkson's "Heartbeat Song", the featured couples tend to laugh as they find love with each other again.
- In the video for the appropriately-titled Lana Del Rey song "Love", the featured couples tend to laugh when they're together.
- In the Mariah Carey and Miguel duet "#Beautiful", the chorus is peppered with the occasional lovestruck giggle from Mariah.
- Dragon Age:
- This is used as a gameplay mechanic in Yandere Simulator: If you do this, you start losing reputation because people see it as weird. Do it too much, and you lose.
- Cartoon Hooligans:
- These tend to be common in the videos that Chris Stuckmann makes which have his wife Sam as a guest. Case in point: their 2013 Valentine's Day special (quite appropriately).
- It has been noted that when a person is in love with someone else, even their lame jokes will become hilarious to the person in question, and they tend to laugh more when they are around that person. As a result, this is a reliable means of identifying if someone is in love with you (especially if the person in question is a girl).