It resolves around heccu marine on black missa named Moint Pan who was sent to "kill headcrab zombie and scintist and everything else," and most importantly, to "HUNT THE DOWN THE FREE MAN!" Unfortunately, Gordon Freeman quickly defeated him and almost killed him, but he was revived by Gman who made a deal with him to HUNT DOWN FREE MAN on their sake. On his journey, he also meets Adman, "who was spooky mysterious snihper," and quickly befriends him, and together they went on an adventure, facing a boat captain who was "BAD and CHRISTIAN", Combines, and mysterious man who supplied the Combines with an army of clones.
The story is continued in the sequel, titled HUNT DOWN FREE MAN 2 (full title: HALOF LIFE Side Story HUNT DOWN FREE MAN Part More: Moint Pan Is Boss Even I Know!), which happens "ssevanteen years later" after the events of the first part. Moint Pan became the leader of the clone army supplied to him by mysterious man who works for Combines, and now he became the feared pirate who travels across the oceans, terrorizing Combines. However, he learns that Freeman is back, and later he's confronted by the G-Man once again, who reminds him of the deal they made to HUNT DOWN FREE MAN. Moint Pan then continues his quest on pursuit of Freeman, while also learning the true nature of G-Man's deal...
The videos are featured on DAMN SON's channel and can be viewed here:
Tropes associated with HUNT DOWN FREE MAN and its sequel:
- AcCENT upon the Wrong SylLABle: Moint Pan say "ImpossIBLE!" after Amda announced that Free Man is back.
- G-Man also does this, but at least that's in character for him.
- Adapted Out:
- Nick is nowhere to be seen. Amnad takes his role as "second in komand", and in the final scene a generic clone/cloon soldier is the one who asks Moint Pan what they'll do next.
- Save for a brief gag at the beginning of Part 2 that is not part of the proper machinima, Col. Cue is absent from the main story, with Moint Pan and Amnad immediately taking command of the spec ops soldiers.
- Lt. Harvey is omitted from the story entirely, with his squad instead being immediately taken under Moint Pan's and Adman's command.
- Boston Joe is also left out of the Machinima, probably because the level where he is introduced is skipped in favor of having Moint Pan go straight from meeting with spec ops soldiers to the boat. Since he inexplicably disappears after the 17-year timeskip in the original game, there wouldn't really be a role for him after that.
- Adaptational Jerkass:
- In the original game, Captain Roosevelt was a rather Nice Guy in the short screentime he had. Here, The bad Christian captain is far more of a Jerkass to Moint Pan. So much so, that Moint Pan just outright kills him himself.
- In the original game, the G-Man was an enigmatic yet affable trickster who kept being calm through the entire game and had some respect for Mitchell. Here, "Gman" is more of a smug asshole who in addition isn't above Evil Gloating.
- Adaptational Villainy:
- In the original game, it was never stated if Mitchell killed any scientists while he was at Black Mesa. Moint Pan, however, is shown gunning down a large amount of scintists For the Evulz. He also ends up being the one to kill the bad Christian captain this time around for no other reason than to give the captain the middle finger.
- In the original game, Adam was Punch-Clock Villain who was Just Following Orders at worst. Adman, on the other hand, willingly makes a deal with Gman to betray and usurp Moint Pan, and then, when he becomes a leader of the boat, he was shown actively imprisoning and abusing clons.
- In the original game, Gordon Freeman wore a helmet when he mercilessly beats Mitchell, hinting that Mitchell's attacker is not actually Gordon. As it turns out, the HEV-suited assailant was none other than Adam. Here, Gordon is unmasked, making it obvious he isn't an imposer this time around. Subverted in part 2, as Adman is still revealed to have been the true perpetrator via Latex Perfection.
- Adaptation Amalgamation:
- The unique Non Standard Game Over videos in the tailend Hold the Line sequence of the game are merged to create one trippy sequence (Moint Pan being in a tram with a bunch of other Gordons, and meeting a "highly popular charcter"), along with the ending of the game coming afterward.
- Mitchell's encounters with Colonel Cue and Sergeant Harvey make up three different levels in the original game, during which Mitchell has to get to a train, defend said train from the Combine, and then escort a humvee while the commanders are abruptly killed off-camera. The machinima simplifies this stretch of the game by having Moint Pan immediately "link up" with a single group of soldiers and then lead them straight to the boat.
- In the machinima, Moint Pan encounters Clon Man's dagter during the assault on the rebel base, ommitting the levels that occur in between Black Mesa East and encountering Sasha in the original game, such as Mitchell's visit to Ravenholm.
- Adaptation Distillation: Being a 33 minute two-part video on a 14 hour game, many of the events and characters of the original game are ignored entirely.
- The original game made a big deal of Mitchell being "cursed" as everybody who outranks him keeps dying- implied to be caused by G-Man acting behind the scenes. This idea is completely removed from the machinima. Colonel Cue and Sergeant Harvey never actually make an appearance, and Captain Roosevelt's counterpart is instead killed because Moint Pan decides he is boat lord now.
- Adaptation Expansion: Weirdly, the machinima actually adds to the story by addressing questions not touched on in the game. Many commentators have noted that the plot actually makes vastly more sense as a result!
- The original game simply jumps straight from Mitchell taking the clone factory to seventeen years later when he's on the boat. The machinima addresses the time in between, explaining that that Moint Pan had become hardcore mercenary piarte and killed so many Combines Breen declared him worse than his shoe.
- The original game also never specified Adam's motivation- we don't know what his arrangement with G-Man was or why he betrayed Mitchell. The machinima explains that Adman was plotting to overthrow Moint Pan so he could take command of boat and the clone army.
- Adaptation Name Change:
- Assuming they are the same character, the main character in Hunt Down the Freeman was named Mitchell Shephard. Here, his name is Moint Pan.note
- Boris and Sasha are renamed to cloon man and cloon man's daughter respectively.
- Curiously this only seems to be done with characters specifically from Hunt Down the Freeman. Note that characters who actually originated in the official Half-Life games, such as G-Man and Breen, are referred to by their actual names (albeit sometimes misspelled).
- A God Am I: When Adman, who took over the boat, notices the surviver boat (not realizing that Moint Pan is on it), he tries to enslave them for his army as well, and proclaims "I am god of clons!".
- Alien Blood: Combines boss was covered in cumbines blood after being defeated by Moint Pan. The video shows it with green ooze on his back. Also, when Moint Pan crushed his head real hard almost under his boot, it sprays ochre slime.
- Almost Dead Guy: Parodied. Moint Pan and his Clon Army attack the nearest Rebel base, where they end up mortally wounding the Rebel Leader early on. When Moint Pan tries to interrogate the dying Rebel Leader for intel, the latter ends up turning into a skeleton while dying laughing.
- And the Adventure Continues: The end of part 2 has this exchange. Judging on the current state of the ocean, however...Second Command Clon: where now sir?
Moint Pan: (rembering what scintist in vortiworld say to him, the secrit answer to end combins and save world) we head for Borerarliarles!
(scene starts to fade to black...but fades back in)
Second Command Clon: but combins are drain ocean so arctic is glaciar wall surround by hundred miles dry land!
Moint Pan: oh.
- Arc Words: "HUNT DOWN FREE MAN". Also doubles as a Title Drop.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Moint Pan's "The Reason You Suck" Speech manages to have a lame finish that tops even the one in the original game.Moint Pan: You betray me! You angry me! You fuck my face! Now, admin, you have my permision to be die! Its too bad you wont live, but actually who does! Fill your hand yu son of bitch! How much I enjoy this? How many slice of bread you eat?! Admanb, You went to cran brook. it is privite school!
Three Black Men: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- Authority Equals Asskicking: In part 2, Moint Pan as "hardcore mercenary piarte" was shown to be very strong and capable leader, and his clone army "look up him and give total obedijnece". In fact, him returning was all it took for them to turn on against Adman once they realized he betrayed their boss.
- Author Vocabulary Calendar:
- In part 1, the word "almost" is used constantly. Even when said word wouldn't fit in context. It's also abused almost in part 2 as well.
- Likewise, part 2 also tends to abuse the word "actually".
- The "highly popular charcter" introduced in Part 2 looks like they'll be Adrian Shephard, but turns out to be Eistein Scintist.
- Adman looks like, upon Moint Pan revealed to be alive, to be about to undergo a Villainous Breakdown. He only simply says "oh no" before making a run for it.
- Belief Makes You Lame: The boat captain who stops Moint Pan was bad and Christian. He accuses Moint Pan of trying to "defy god and be evil". Moint Pan is having none of that and shoots him in half.Moint Pan: FUCK YOU captain I am boat lord now!
- Bilingual Dialogue: The Eistein Scintist from part 2 speaks with voice clips from Half-Life, but he still gets his point to Moint Pan.Moint Pan: you! I rember! Tell me, if not HUNT DOWN FREE MAN, what is point for moint?!
Eistein Scintist: STAHP
Moint Pan: i see, yes! But amda betray me and will probaly steal all clons! What can I do to save world?!
Eistein Scintist: HUEGH
Moint Pan: you are so wise in this place! I am thank old friend. One last thing, will us seee each other again?
Eistein Scintist: NOO
Moint Pan: yes, I know we can! Thank agin, frend!
- The Cameo: Much like Djy1991's adaptation of Half-Life: Full Life Consequences, several characters from other video games make appearances in the background.
- Canon Foreigner: In the original game, Mitchell takes over the clone factory simply by shooting generic Combine soldiers until the player triggers the next cutscene. The machinima replaces this with a "Combines Boss" who tries to stop Moint Pan. The two of them also get a dramatic confrontation that doesn't have a direct counterpart in the game:Combines Boss: uIYOU CANNOT KILL THE BREEN OR HUNT DOWN FREE MANW ILL KILL HIM FIRST
Moint Pan: NOT IF I KILL U WHO WAN TO KILL HIM BEFORE!
- Character Development: Happens off-screen. During the Time Skip, Moint Pan somehow went from John Freeman-Expy to a textbook edgy OC.
- Colon: Cancer: The title has three colons.
- Commonality Connection: Moint Pan and Adman become friends solely because they both killed the same people. Subverted later on when it turns out Ammad was secretly planning to betray Moint Pan so he could steal boat and clon army.
- Complexity Addiction: After learning that Gman used him as an Unwitting Pawn, Moint Pan has a few words to say about Gmain's plan.Moint Pan: wait! You mean you use spec ops soldier whose face I never see to beat me to actually death but then resurect me and make that boy my best fren only so that sevanteen year later you both culd use me to make it so freeman was always play on easy mode, even tho combins actually dont care about me and all I did was be on boat for two decade and be frame for kill one spy? BASTARD! Oldest trick in book, under my nose hole time!
- Inverted with the City 17 section: instead of a poorly-defined plan to grab the Combine's attention like the original game, Moint Pan simply walks into the Citadel and requests an appointment.
- Comical Overreacting: Inverted. When Adman is revealed to have betrayed Moint Pan, all he says is a subdued "oh no", after posing dramatically in a manner that indicates a Villainous Breakdown.
- Composite Character:
- Adman is based off of Adam, but his role as Moint Pan's second-in-command is taken from Nick, who doesn't have an analogue in this story.
- Colonel Cue and Lt. Harvey lack a direct counterpart in the machinima (not including Cue's appearance in the second part's intro). Instead their squads, which were separate groups in the original game, are combined into a single unit, of which Moint Pan immediately takes command.
- The various Combine soldiers Mitchell has to fight at the end of the Alaska level are replaced with a single "Combines Boss" who fights Moint Pan for control over the factory.
- Corpsing: The narrator can't contain a chuckle when introducing Adman the snihper.
- Deal with the Devil: After reviving Moint Pan who was killed by Gordon Freeman (actually Adman in disguise), Gman prompts him to make a deal with him to HUNT DOWN FREE MAN. Moint Pan at first refuses, but then agrees anyway because "he already kill his soul and body only thing left". Before that, he made a deal with Adman to disguise as Freeman and crowbar Moint Pan to death to kickstart their plan, and then usurp his leadership of clone army and command of the boat.
- Death by Adaptation: Moint Pan dies in the fight against a bunch of Combine, only to be resurrected by the vorticums moments later.
- Defiant to the End: In his final moments, Combines Boss taunts Moint Pan by saying he'll never kill Breen or hunt down Freeman.
- Department of Redundancy Department:
Gman: "You work for US and instead of hunt for army you will for us and HUNT DOWN FREE MAN"
- "Half-Life: Side Story: Gaiden". "Gaiden" is Japanese for "side story", so the story would be called Half-Life: Side Story: Side Story: HUNT DOWN FREE MAN.
- Also, this tidbit when Gman persuaded Moint Pan into making a deal with him:
- Deus ex Machina: When Moint Pan dies for the second time fighting Combines, vorticums inexplicably show up to revive him with their magic powers.
- Discredited Meme: In-Universe. Colonel Cue calls Lanky Kong a 'dead meme' in part 2.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Moint Pan kills the boat captain simply for calling him "a devil boy who ahs come to defy God and be evil" and stating that God does not like him. That, and he wanted to take his boat by force.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: In-Universe. The narration describes the man Moint Pan encounters during his coma as a "highly popular charcter". One would think the narration is referring to Adrian Shephard, as a reference to his reputation among fans, but it's actually referring to the Eistein Scintist.
- Everybody Calls Him "Barkeep": The boat captain, cloon man and his daught are all unnamed and referred with the descriptions of their roles (or misspellings thereof).
- Evil Sounds Deep: Combines boss said his Famous Last Words in "deep combines voice".
- Famous Last Words:
- "please! Do not die us!" Unknown Scintist.
- "FUCK-" Moint Pan. He gets better.
- "MOINT PAN you are devil boy who ahs come to defy god and be evil and god does not like you!" Christian Captain, in the script.
- "Be right back! gotta get my burgrs out!" Christian Captain, in the video.
- "uIYOU CANNOT KILL THE BREEN OR HUNT DOWN FREE MANW ILL KILL HIM FIRST" Combines boss, which Moint Pan responds with "NOT IF I KILL U WHO WAN TO KILL HIM BEFORE!".
- moint an the anser to all your problems is cloon man's daughter.
- "i knew I would always be alone in end! That is good,! monster needs be alone to kill other monster!" Moint Pan. Yet again, he gets better.
- "oh no" Adman, in the script.
- "'The fuck did I do?" Adman, in the video.
- Gender-Blender Name: Among the many butcherings of Adam's name, he is referred to in his introductory scene as "Amanda." note
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Moint Pan. Back at black missa, he had no mercy and kille anyone who made him mad or angery.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Like Captain Roosevelt, the Bad Christian Captain ends up getting sliced in half, though this time because Moint Pan personally shot an entire MP5 magazine into his torso.
- His Name Is...: When cloans daghter was about to reveal the answers to Moint Pan's questions, she gets shot in the head by Amnad.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": Played for laughs with G-Man, who is referred to by this name (albeit mispelled as "Gman") several times both by the narrator and Moint Pan, and once by Adman ("Deal with Gman was great"). note . Made even weirder by the fact that Moint Pan actually name-drops G-Man when addressing people who shouldn't logically know about him, such as Clon army and the Combine at the citadel.
- Hypocrite: Moint Pan, after fighting off a bunch of headcrab zombie, tells one of the scintists 'it was headcrabs killed you, I am sorry I could not save', despite the fact that he killed off several scintists at that point and would have killed them anyway if they still alive, as he 'did not fuck of care'.
- I Am the Noun: When Adman takes over the boat, he proclaims that now he is the boat. Comically, his head gets briefly replaced with a boat when he says that phrase.
- I Have Many Names: None of the characters' names are consistent in videos, but Adman takes it Up to Eleven, as he is never referred with his canon namenote , instead being referred with various botcherings of it.
- Informed Attractiveness: In part 2, the narration describes cloon man's daughter as "hot", and Moint Pan got distracted by her butt while they were in secret place and thought secrelty "damn". Her character model is of a female rebel.
- It's All About Me: Moint Pan's loyalty summed up in one sentence:"it is good job to kill for my country" "but better job to kill for my country FOR MYSELF"
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: At the final climax, Moint Pan kills Amnad, much like how Mitchell killed Adam. However, Adman was explicitly shown to be an unrepentant usurper who was shown to be abusing his clon army, so Moint Pan is still in the right side of the conflict here.
- Large Ham: Moint Pan tend to act in an overly melodramatic fashion, speaks loudly and in a deep and rash voice to make his edginess all the more comical.
- Latex Perfection: Part 2 reveals that Adman wore one to disguise himself as Gordon Freeman.
- Leitmotif: Gman's appearances are accompanied by Majora's Theme from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- Long Title:
- Half Life: Side Story: Gaiden: HUNT DOWN FREE MAN.
- The sequel's full title is HALOF LIFE Side Story HUNT DOWN FREE MAN Part More: Moint Pan Is Boss Even I Know!.
- Male Gaze: Moint Pan got distracted by cloon man's daughter's butt while they were in secret place.
- Major Injury Underreaction: The Boat Captain only seems to be embarassed by his injuries when he falls in halfs and dies, he then goes on to promise to be right back after getting his burgers out.
- Morton's Fork: Clon man orders Moint Pan "do not, I repeat, do harm [my daughter]". When his daughter is killed, he is enraged despite Moint Pan seemingly carrying out his order to harm her.
- No Ending: The part 2 ends this way when Moint Pan declares his clon army head to Borerarliarles, and right after the Fake-Out Fade-Out his new "second in komand" points out that "combins are drain ocean so arctic is glaciar wall surround by hundred miles dry land". After that, Moint Pan says "oh", and the camera pans at his dumbfounded face with "You Make My Dreams Come True" playing before the video just abruptly ends.
- No Kill Like Overkill: Moint Pan shoots Adam spouts off multiple one-liners, shooting him each time.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Adman is one of the few characters who uses the model of the character they're based off of, Adam, with the other being the G-Man. In Part 2, Moint Pan is initially shown with Mitchell's actual model, before the model is punched out by the same generic Half-Life 2 Civilian model he was depicted with in Part 1.
- Not His Sled:
but then he feel strange presunce behind him and he knew who it was! (Moint Pan turns around to see a masked spec ops soldier) It was deepest dearist face from past, one he had not seen forever but hwo was real famous and remember for his black missa deeds, (man starts turning around) highly popular charcter (white text ADRIAN SHEPHARD briefly fades in) EISTEIN SCINTIST! (man is replaced with scintist, striking a pose, and the text reads EISTEIN SCINTIST in yellow and purple font)
- Instead of wearing a helmet when he beats up the protagonist, Gordon Freemen is unmasked during the scene where he kills Moint Pan, much like the trailers. Despite this, Adman is still revealed to have been the true perpetrator via Latex Perfection.
- Both of the Non Standard Game Over sequences are shown during Moint Pan's coma. The Gordon's on a train is still there, but The Reveal is a bit...different.
- Not So Different: Adman, in response to Moint Pan asking him how he could 'shot men of yours almost!', asks him how many you boys did kill?. They immediately became friends since they killed the same people.
- Obligatory Joke: One scene has a lawn gnome shouting "Let's get riiiight into the invasion!" with text on screen saying 'OBLIGATORY "KEEMSTAR VOICES THE PRESIDENT" JOKE'.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Combines boss, when yelling at Moint Pan that he would not kill the Breen or hunt down Freeman, says he'll kill Freeman before Moint Pan will. Moint Pan simply shuts him up by claiming he'll kill Combines boss and crushes his head "real hard almost under his boot".
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: In part 2, when Moint Pan meets Gman for the third time, he yells "WHT IS DEAL?!?!?!?!?!" while falling at his knees, with the narration describing him as full of anerger.
- Plot Hole: The story has a habit of abruptly contradicting itself, though it might be less noticeable due the script already being written to sound ridiculous.
- The opening sequence describes Moint Pan happily murdering scientists at Black Missa before he suddenly reflects on his inability to save them from headcrabs.
- Near the end of part 1, Combines Boss taunts Moint Pan by saying he'll never hunt down Freeman. Logically, up until Moint Pan explained his quest to the combine guard in part 2, only Gman and Moint Pan's allies would've been aware of Moint Pan's vendetta against Gordon.
- In part 2, Moint Pan claims that Combines don't care about him during his final confrontation with Gman, despite the opening sequence describing him being hardcore mercenary piarte who killed at least sevneteen combiens a day and killed so many combines that they put portals in oceans so he couldn't be pirate.
- In the same interaction, Moint Pan also claims that all he did was "sit on boat for two decade" (complete with a shot of a grumpy-looking Moint Pan sitting on the back of a cargo ship), again despite the opening claiming him to have been pretty active in the seventeen years prior.
- Moint Pan is apparently able to just walk into the Citadel and form an alliance with the Combines pretty easily, despite supposedly being their number one public enemy.
- Despite the fact that ocean was drained at the beginning of part 2, several shots still show ocean being intact.
- At the end it's claimed that Moint Pan learned about Borerarliarles during the surreal sequence just before he returned to boat. The entire sequence consists of Moint Pan encountering multiple Gordon Freemans and meeting Eistein Scintist without any mention of Borerarliarles. note
- Precision F-Strike: Moint Pan uses "fuck" several times in both videos.
- Before Gordon Freeman crowbared him until dead, he uttered "FUCK". But he didn't get to finish his sentence.
- Also, when he meets the captain of the boat who accuses him of being the devil boy who has come to defy God and be evil, Moint Pan tells him "FUCK YOU captain I am boat lord now!" before shooting him.
- In the sequel, when he discovers that Gordon Freeman was always frame, he says "My whole life goal...was a fuck."
- And finally, when confronting Adman and shooting him, he says "You fuck my face!"
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Before clon man went to shook [hands with Moint Pan], he warned him that his dagter is in resist now, and gave him an order in that way.Clon man: "DO. NOT. I repeat. DO. HARM. HER> [sic]"
- Rasputinian Death: In the end, Adman takes whoopin' 10 bullets and then falls into the ocean forever.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: To capture the feel of the Full Life Consequences-esque fanfic, it features intentionally awful grammar.
- Running Gag: Adman is always named differently when characters refer to him by name. Good luck trying to find at least one of his names being used twice in the videos.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: At the end of part 2, Admen screams while running away from Moint Pan.
- She Is All Grown Up: By the events of the Time Skip in part 2, cloon man's daughter went from an old looking scientist that looks like a guy to a bombshell. Or at least in Moint Pan's opinion.And dahter was no longer little but instead was mid 2-s and hot and moint pan thought secrelty damn but he was profesionel and did not say.
- The main protagonist's name is Moint Pan, which is the name of the main protagonist of First Encounter Assault Recon series, but with first letters in his name swapped.
- Given the fact that the machinimas are done in the style of Half-Life: Full Life Consequences, the fanfic itself was referenced several times in the videos. Near the end of the part 1, Moint Pan fights Combines boss, similarly to how in Full Life Consequences, the Big Bads of the first two stories were referred as 'bosses'. Moint Pan even yells "GET OUT EVIL BOSS" at him, similarly to how John Freeman yelled at 'evil bosses'. And in part 2, when talking to combine guard, he paraphrases one of the most repeated lines in the fanfic:Moint Pan: I am met breen so that I can provoke him to support me and army int my endless years longest quest to do what has to be done by me and help gman to HUNT DOWN FREE MAN".
- The script also likes to refer to the alien invaders as "Combines" note , similar to the second half of the Full-Life Consequences series.
- Clon man is depicted as Wallace.
- Not only is the 'you have my permission to (be) die' line kept intact from the original game, the speaker on both occasions suddenly wear Bane's mask and have his theme play.
- During Adman's death scene at the end of part 2, Moint Pan extends his Pre-Mortem One-Liner to reference Blade Runner, True Grit, Jojos Bizarre Adventure, and 8 Mile.
- During the scene where Breen declares that "moint pan is worse than my shoe!", the music in the captions is credited as both Hangin' Out from 3D Movie Maker and Rats Theme from Rat Movie: Mystery of the Mayan Treasure.
- During his Rousing Speech, Moint Pan gradually changes to look like Venom Snake. Even the music that plays during this sequence is an off-kilter version of Mike Oldfield's Nuclear, with vocals sentence mixed from the DK Rap.
- After killing some rebels, Moint Pan has a Heroic BSoD and screams at the sky: "What is me? WHAT I FIGHT FOR?!"
- A certain renegade angel is seen accompanying the group of vortigaunts that revive Moint Pan with their "Reptilian Death Ray" near Part More's conclusion.
- The Boat Captain's last line in the Machinima are ripped directly from the Arfenhouse Flash series.
- Adman's "oh no" upon realizing that Moint Pan is back was spoken in the same way as Knuckles' infamously flat "oh no" from Sonic Adventure.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Moint Pan is one of the only characters in the videos who uses profanity, along with much less profane cloon man, and he uses it quite often in videos.
- Slasher Smile: Gman makes very exaggerated ones numerous times. Whether it looks funny or disturbing is anyone's guess.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Moint Pan himself was this back at black missa. As the machinima puts it:"He was big team leader guy and had no mercy and kille anyone who made him mad or angery. Scintists beg him 'please! Do not die us!' BUT HE DID NOT FUCK OF CARE and shotted them until dead. He thought to himself almost 'it is good job to kill for my country but better job to kill for my country FOR MYSELF' and was happy and shotted more nerds."
- The Starscream: As it eventually turns out, Adman was working with Gman the whole time and wanted to betray Moint Pan to steal all of his clone army and boat.
- Stylistic Suck: The entire story is made to resemble the also-intentionally-bad fanfics by the likes of squirrelking and Peter Chimaera, and it's shown in spades.
- Take That!: Obviously, the entire story is a parody of Hunt Down the Freeman. And it's definitely not affectionate.
- The Cold Opening to part 2 has Lanky Kong killing Colonel Cue with a sniper rifle.
- The opening proper has Mitchell Shephard's model (from Act 2) shown, only to be Megaton Punched away by Moint Pan.
- During The Reveal of Moint Pan's encounter with "Gordon Freeman", when Moint Pan mentions how the Gman used "spec-ops soldier whose face I never see", Amad's face takes on that of the infamous Ubisoft glitch face.
- The final stretch of part 2 makes the mockery of the original game much more blatant, through making fun of the GMan's Complexity Addiction, the story shoehorning in an appearance of a "highly popular character" in a manner that is confusing and nonsensical even in context, making Moint Pan throw off a string of Shout Outs (in allusion to Mitchell saying that Adam had his "permission to die"), and one of Moint Pan's men pointing out that reaching the Borerarliarles is impossible due to the Combine having drained the oceans, a fact that the game ignored in its Sequel Hook.
- This Is Gonna Suck: When Adman finds out that Moint Pan survived, and has came back for revenge, he mummers 'oh no.', before attempting to run away.
- Time Skip: Part More happens ssevanteen years later after the events of the first part.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: When Amda takes over the boat as the narration describes him as real cunning and sisnster, clons were shown abused or held prisoner in various ways.
- Undying Loyalty: Moint Pan's clone army is very loyal to their leader and are willing to follow any orders of his and die for him, and when they learn Amda betrayed Moint Pan, they quickly turned on against him.
- Unexplained Recovery: When Moint Pan first meets Adman, Lanky Kong is among the men that Adman killed because they were headcrab zombie. Come part 2, and he can be spotted when he tells his men that he will make deal with combines.
- Unknown Rival: During Moint Pan's rant about Gman's true plan, he points out that he couldn't distract the combin because 'combins actually dont care about me'. This comes off as an Informed Attribute since the beginning of part 2 showed that the combins went as far as to drain oceans in so he wouldn't be pirate, and Breen both despises him and singles him out as a major threat, saying "moint pan is worse than my shoe! I want him go so combines can rule vorever!" This is most likely a jab at the source material.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: In the original game, Mitchell is revealed to be Adrian Shephard's brother in one of the two Non Standard Game Over sequences. Here, Moint Pan is all but stated to have no connection to Adrian, as his last name is "Pan", and the spec ops soldier Moint Pan encounters in his coma abruptly turns into the Eistein Scintist when the text "ADRIAN SHEPHARD" briefly fades in.
- Visual Pun: Just like the machinimas this video was based on, the puns are shown to be literal. For example, when Moint Pan struck "combines basses", the video shows him attacking combines near the pile of bass fish. Also, when Adman proclaims "Now I boat", his head gets briefly replaced with a boat.
- Vocal Evolution: In the part 1, Moint Pan's voice was fairly normal and not really outstanding. In part 2, however, his voice became much lower and raspier, to fit his newfound over-the-top edgy persona.
- Wham Line: At the end of part 1, Gman, spying on Moint Pan, laughs and says 'moint pan you do not know this deal is not for you!'
- What the Hell, Hero?: Though Moint Pan isn't there to hear it, cloon man gives out one when he learns that Moint Pan seemingly killed his daghter.YOU KILL DAUUHTE? MOINT PAN YOU ARE MOINT CUNT!
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: The cloon man speaks with a heavy undefined accent.
- Wimp Fight: At the start of part 1, Moint Pan's fight against Gordon Freeman starts off with them flailing like rag dolls. Gordon ultimately defeats him by throwing himself at him while Moint Pan is distracted by the thought of his general's orders. Later, he and Combines boss also fight by flailing about before Moint Pan defeats him.
- With Catlike Tread: In the beginning of part 2, Amda reveals to Moint Pan that Freeman is back. The video says "he said back to moint pan quiet like so no on but in room could hear", but he yells it out real loud in the video. The fact that the transcript had his announcement written in All Caps doesn't help.