Here is the character page for Where Talent Goes On Vacation. Be warned- ''all spoilers are unmarked
A talented young actress who was recruited to Talent High School. She stays in Cabin F4 with Nagato.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: Akira Azuki is this to Kaori Miura. While Miura was a mild-mannered Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak who only swears once in the entire fic, Azuki is a tomboyish Jerk with a Heart of Gold with a foul mouth. Miura had a "talent" she wasn't particularly proud of and looked up to Edogawa, eventually falling in love with her (a feeling Edogawa reciprocated). Azuki, however, has the highly desirable Ultimate Actress talent, and has two admirers- Nagato, whose feelings for her are platonic, and Kojima, who has an unrequited and unwanted crush on her.
- Honest Advisor: She serves this role to Higurashi, offering constructive criticism of his leadership.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: While she's fairly critical of Higurashi, she gets offended when Karita implies that he's a charlatan. While Azuki may criticize Higurashi for his idealism, she never doubts his sincerity.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Azuki can be blunt, rude and cynical, but nevertheless doesn't want to see anyone die on the killing school trip, even the people she doesn't like.
- The Lad-ette: She's an unabashed tomboy with a distaste for dressing or acting feminine.
- Significant Birth Date: She, a fan of Julius Caesar, was born on March 15, the Ides of March.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Her dialogue and narration are fairly coarse, and she uses profanity fairly often.
- Tomboyish Name: "Akira" is commonly a boys' name, but some girls can be named Akira, too.
- Western Zodiac: Aries.
Ultimate Tech Support
A girl who has a knack for helping others with technology, as well as the teacher's daughter. She stays in Cabin F4 with Azuki.
- Catholic Schoolgirls Rule: Averted. She wears her uniform properly, and not at all in a fanservice-like manner.
- Fangirl: She's a fan of Azuki's. Much to Azuki's dismay, she most likes Magical Girl Sakura.
- Japanese Politeness: Nagato's a well-mannered girl who uses last names and "-san" on all her classmates, and tends to be excessively polite when she's first meeting someone.
- Nepotism: Played with. While Asakura assumes that Nagato got into high school due to being the teacher's daughter, Nagato and her mother insist that the latter's job played no role in Chiyuri getting in.
- Nice Girl: Played with. Nagato is outwardly polite and pleasant to a fault, but there are small hints that she may not be completely nice to everyone.
- Number Two: She's chosen as Higurashi's vice leader, who will take over in case of his death.
- Parental Title Characterization: While Chiyuri usually calls her mother "Mom," she has to call her "Nagato-sensei" while in class, to show her respect as a teacher. Chiyuri doesn't mind, though, respecting her teacher's impartial treatment of her students and appreciating being treated as part of the class.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears white pantyhose with her uniform.
- Western Zodiac: Libra.
Ultimate Manga Artist
A talented manga artist who's published "Breakneck Canyon," a gay love story. She stays in Cabin F2 with Mihama.
- Alliterative Name: Sayuri Sasaki.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": She dislikes being called anything more formal than "Sasaki-san," except for being called "sensei" by her fans.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses.
- Nice Girl: She comes off as a pleasant and friendly individual.
- Sailor Fuku: She wears one as her uniform.
- Young and in Charge: As the manga artist, she's essentially her assistants' boss, even though they're significantly older than she is.
Ultimate Legal ExpertA young girl with an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Japan's laws. She stays in Cabin F2 with Sasaki.
- Alliterative Name: Miharu Mihama.
- The Baby of the Bunch: She's the youngest in her class and is somewhat sensitive about it, resulting in her treating the others quite formally.
- Child Prodigy: Not only is she exceptionally knowledgeable about Japanese law, but she's intelligent enough to skip several grades.
- Grade Skipper: She's skipped several grades, and got to high school at 10.
- Sailor Fuku: Like Sasaki, she wears a sailor fuku.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Despite being the youngest member of the class, she's also one of the most collected and mature.
A talented archer from an extremely wealthy family. She stays in Cabin F3 with Tsukimura.
- Archer Archetype: She's a relatively calm and collected girl who wears traditional archer training clothes.
- Brutal Honesty: She comes off as fairly blunt and outspoken, but is often polite about it.
- Childhood Friend: She and Tsukimura have known each other since they were young.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": She's not fond of Tsukimura using "-sama" on her, but tolerates it, since Tsukimura is expected to show her that level of respect.
- First-Name Basis: She calls Tsukimura by her first name without honorifics, indicating that they're close.
- Japanese Politeness: Played with. She uses polite speech on her classmates, but can be fairly blunt and outspoken.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Which part of her is most evident depends on who she's interacting with. Her heart of gold comes out when she's with Tsukimura and Azuki, but she's somewhat more distant from Sasaki and Nagato, and dislikes Asakura.
- Spoiled Sweet: She grew up in an incredibly wealthy(if also very strict) family, but is a kind and caring person.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Subverted. She chastises Azuki for not using honorifics on her, but it turns out that she wasn't serious.
- Western Zodiac: Sagittarius.
A young maid who works for the Himemiya family, and has known Himeno since childhood. The two share Cabin F3.
She is the first murder victim.
- Berserk Button: Badmouthing Himemiya, especially accusing her of being the traitor, is an easy way to get on Tsukimura's bad side.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's one of the nicest characters in the cast, but it's implied that even she has limits. She despises Asakura, and in the omake for her Free Time Events, gets annoyed when Azuki tries to troll her by giving deliberately wrong answers to her question.
- Childhood Friend: She has known Himemiya since they were young.
- First-Name Basis: She calls Himemiya "Himeno-sama." At the end of her Free Time Events, she succeeds in switching to calling her "Himeno," without honorifics. She also eventually starts calling Sasaki "Sayuri-chan," and switches to calling Azuki "Akira-chan" at the end of her Free Time Events.
- Legacy of Service: The Tsukimura family has served the Himemiya family for generations.
- Meido: As you might expect from her title, but her duties are more down-to-earth and mundane than Kirumi's. She even wears a traditional Japanese maid outfit.
- Nice Girl: A good-natured and friendly individual.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother died giving birth to her, and her father died of an illness when she was young.
- Western Zodiac: Aquarius.
Ultimate Guitarist and Ultimate Songwriter
A pair of twins who are the force behind the musical sensation "Dragon Girl." They share Cabin F1.
- Always Identical Twins: They look almost identical, save for a birthmark on Taiga's neck.
- First-Name Basis: They ask that their classmates call them by their first names to keep them separate.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Taiga has a birthmark on her neck.
- Memetic Mutation: In-Universe, Tatsuki's fans remind everyone of Taiga's contributions by saying "There's no Dragon without the Taiga!"
- Nose Bleed: Taiga suffers one while exploring the ship.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Tatsuki's more outgoing and a confident performer, while Taiga is relatively shy.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: Tatsuki's name has the word for "Dragon," and Taiga's name sounds like "Tiger." In-universe, their fans have a saying, "There's no Dragon without the Taiga!"
- Twin Switch: They apparently pulled this off while in middle school one day.
Ultimate Trivia Champion
A student who has won many trivia contests and participated on game shows. He stays in Cabin M1 with Kumakura.
- Book Dumb: Despite his skill at memorizing trivia, he does poorly in school, since he can't memorize the material as easily as odd bits of trivia.
- Tragic Dream: He once wanted to be an actor, and to that end, studied how other actors had made it big. Unfortunately, he didn't have the talent to realize his goal.
- Western Zodiac: Leo.
An exceptional weight lifter. He stays in Cabin M1 with Yamazaki.
- Does Not Like Spam: He hates spicy foods.
- Genius Bruiser: He's not only very strong, but also intelligent.
- Hidden Depths: He's far more intelligent than one would expect of a bodybuilder, and has an intellectual fascination in how people learn their crafts.
- Nice Guy: A rather pleasant and humble individual.
- Western Zodiac: Taurus.
Ultimate Public Speaker
A gifted public speaker who helped the student council candidate he supported win the election, and leads the class. He stays in Cabin M3 with Kirishima.
- The Leader: He's elected to lead the students, but has somewhat more difficulty securing a mandate than Mitamura did.
- Nice Guy: He's an honest and upstanding individual who cares for his classmates. As much as Azuki doubts Higurashi's ability to lead, she's willing to accept that he has good intentions.
- Western Zodiac: Aries.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Downplayed. He has quite a few sensible arguments in favor of cooperation, and the only unrealistic aspects of his pitch are his belief that everyone will trust him and cooperate.
A talented geneticist who has a calm and rational mindset. He stays in Cabin M3 with Kojima.
- Lab Coat Of Science And Medicine: He wears a lab coat with a shirt and tie.
- Megane: He wears glasses.
Ultimate Game Designer
A high schooler who made a hit indie RPG and has an intense crush on Azuki. He stays in Cabin M2 with Kurogane.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Azuki. He's fairly forward with his unwelcome advances.
- Dogged Nice Guy: His general MO when it comes to winning Azuki over.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite his unabashed interest in Azuki, he argues that he'd never consider peeping on her while she's naked.
Ultimate Go Player
A child prodigy at go and the older cousin of Shiro Kurogane from Where Talent Goes to Die. He stays in Cabin M2 with Kojima.
- Dramatic Irony: The second day of the cruise, he discusses his cousin with Azuki and the possibility that he might get recruited to Talent High School and end up in a Killing Game himself. As readers of the first story know, not only did both of these happen, the younger Kurogane was the first to end up getting killed in his Killing Game.
- Nice Guy: In stark contrast to his cousin, Hikaru is quite pleasant and easy to get along with.
Ultimate Con Artist
A young con artist who is a master of pulling off various scams. He stays in Cabin M4 with Asakura.
- Affably Evil: He's surprisingly well-mannered despite his untrustworthy personality.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: He got caught attempting to con a Talent High School employee, and was given an offer- attend the school as the Ultimate Con Artist or be turned over to the police. He accepted, and Azuki wryly notes that this worked out very well for him.
- Con Men Hate Guns: Guns are listed as his personal dislike in his character bio.
- Freudian Excuse: He claims that because a con man ruined his life, he became one to hunt down the man responsible, but took on his name when he realized he'd become that person.
- Heel Realization: After planning on conning a woman who had a husband and young son, he realized he'd become the very person he hated so much.
- I Lied: After revealing his backstory, he suddenly claims that all this was a lie. As much as Azuki distrusts him, and can imagine him lying, she can't fathom why he would admit to the lie so easily.
- Parental Abandonment: After his mother lost the family's life savings, his father killed her, and then himself.
- Pragmatic Villainy: He tries to stay on at least passable terms with the other students, to lessen the possibility that someone will kill him.
- Shout-Out: His backstory is one to that of James "Sawyer" Ford from Lost. T
- Token Evil Teammate: In addition to being the only one in the class with a crime-related talent, he's a cynical and shady individual.
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
Ultimate Tech Support
A rude and foul-mannered boy who also happens to be the Ultimate Tech Support. He stays in Cabin M4 with Karita.
- Berserk Button: He really doesn't like anyone implying that he didn't earn his title.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: As a result of his unpleasant personality, no one can stand talking with him.
- Jerkass: He's rude, foul-tempered and easily gets on others' bad sides.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He has a reasonable concern about the mastermind gleaning information from the group's conversations, one that even Azuki, who hates him, privately acknowledges.
- Jerkass to One: A Crueler To One example. He's rude and standoffish to the rest of the class, but especially hates Nagato, since he doesn't want to share his Ultimate title with her.
Class 32's homeroom teacher, as well as Chiyuri's mother.
- Damsel in Distress: Monokuma imprisons her in a cell in the lower levels of the ship, and warns the students that she'll also be executed if they fail to find the blackened in a class trial.
- Japanese Christian: Like her daughter, she's a Catholic.
- Hopeless with Tech: Downplayed. According to her daughter, she struggles with new technology, such as smartphones, but can get the hang of using it with some help.
- Sharp Dressed Woman: She wears a dark suit.
- Stern Teacher: She's reasonably serious and professional, and Chiyuri mentions that she believe in the importance of staying respectable.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: She insists on being called "Nagato-sensei" while class is in session, and her daughter is no exception.
- Western Zodiac: Pisces.
The "captain" of the Ursa Major and the overseer of the killing school trip.
- Because I Said So: He utters this phrase verbatim, while acting like an exasperated parent, in order to discourage Nagato from going after her mother.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist and overseer of the killing game.
- Faux Affably Evil: While outwardly somewhat more polite than his other incarnations, he's no less sadistic or dangerous.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Averted. He is not controlled by Junko Enoshima or her AI.