Making Kayfabe is a podcast presented and written by Bryce Kitcher and Dylan Copeland, which focuses on the missed opportunities of Professional Wrestling. Its format consists of one of the hosts presenting a wrestling storyline that could have been booked better, and then telling their ideas of how the narrative could be improved.
Each episode finishes with Kayfabe Tombola, in which the other host (who did not book that episode) chooses at random a wrestler and a bizarre scenario from a selection of 4, and is tasked with writing a storyline about that combo in a minute; Hilarity Ensues.
- The Summer of Punk - CM Punk in 2011, during the "Summer of Punk".
- Taz is Hardcore - Tazz's run in the WWF.
- Eugene and the Dinsmores - Eugene.
- Keeping Up With The Kanellis' - Mike and Maria Kanellis in WWE.
- EC3dom - EC3's run on WWE's main roster.
- The Forgotten Radicalz - Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn in the WWF.
- Eva Marie: Queen Bee - Eva Marie's first run in WWE.
- Is It Wrong or Right to Censor? - Right to Censor.
- Vince McMahon Blows... Up! - Vince McMahon's storyline death in a limousine explosion.
- The AEW Women's Division - All Elite Wrestling's women's division, criticised for being underutilised.
- The Unmasking of Kane - Kane losing his mask in 2003.
- Sean O'Haire: Devil's Advocate - Sean O Haire's "Devil's Advocate" character in 2003.
- Making Mordecai - The Mordecai character.
- Enter Sandman - The Sandman in WWE's version of ECW.
- Otis in the Bank - Otis Dozovic's run with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
- RETRIBUTION - Retribution.
- Humanising the ECW Zombie - The Zombie character in WWE's version of ECW.
- A Man Called Test - Test's early run in the WWF.
- Drew McIntyre: The Chosen One - Drew McIntyre's first run in WWE as Vince McMahon's "Chosen One".
- A New World Order - New World Order in WWE.
Season 2 Bonuses
- Kayfabe Tombola - A special episode with a total of 6 Kayfabe Tombolas.
- Book It Like Russo - Bryce, Dylan, and special guest Tyler Mortimer imitate Vince Russo's swerve-heavy style.
- Fan-Submitted Kayfabe Tombola - A further 6 Kayfabe Tombolas submitted by the listeners.
- Season 3 Preview / Ask Kayfabe Anything - A preview of Season 3 and a Q&A.
- Luke and the Harper Family - Luke Harper's solo run in WWE.
- Fixing Mike's Awesome - Mike Awesome in WCW.
- Taka Takes the Title - Taka Michinoku winning the WWF Championship against Triple H in 2000.
- Re-Legitimising Shayna Baszler - Shayna Baszler's run on WWE's main roster.
- STAND BACK! There's a Hurricane Comin' Through! - The Hurricane in 2003.
- A New World Order (Part Two) - A continuation of the Season Two finale.
- "Pirate" Paul Burchill - Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick.
- Lance Storm's Serious Minute - Lance Storm in WWE.
- Kurt Angle's Retirement - The buildup to Kurt Angle's 2019 retirement match in WWE.
- The Insanity of SAnitY - SAnitY on WWE's main roster.
- Hassle, Disloyalty and Neglect: The John Cena Heel Turn - John Cena's "worst year ever" in 2012 results in him turning heel.
- Bret Hart Goes to WCW - Bret Hart in WCW.
Season 3 Bonuses
- The Making Kayfabe Interview - An interview with CJ Palmisano from Not Another Wrestling Podcast.
- ''Book It Like Russo 2 (Brolectric Brogaloo) - Bryce, Dylan, and Tyler Mortimer imitate Vince Russo's style again.
- King Regal - William Regal's run as King of the Ring and RAW GM, cut short by a Wellness Policy violation.
- Diamond Dallas Page Done Right - Diamond Dallas Page's involvement in the InVasion storyline.
- "The Boss" Spike Dudley - Spike Dudley's 2004 FaceHeel Turn.
- The Ascension Ascend! - The Ascension on WWE's main roster.
- Tommy End's Dark Order - A hypothetical storyline of Tommy End joining AEW and taking over The Dark Order, written before the renamed Malakai Black arrived in AEW in real life.
- SUSPENDED! The Titus O'Neil Story - Titus O'Neil's suspension for holding Vince McMahon's arm, worked into a storyline.
- ZOMBIE LUMBERJACKS! - The aftermath of the Zombie Lumberjack match between The Miz and Damian Priest.
- The WWE Women's Tag Division - The WWE Women's Tag Team Championship and division after Bayley and Sasha Banks split.
- Aces & Eights Could've Been Great - Aces & Eights.
- The Brian Kendrick Has a Plan - Brian Kendrick's run in WWE as "The Brian Kendrick".
- Steve Blackman Brawls For It All - Steve Blackman wins the Brawl for All.
- CM Punk's Straight Edge Society - CM Punk in the Straight Edge Society.
Patreon Exclusive Rebookings
- WALTER Goes to Suplex City - Brock Lesnar goes to NXT UK and challenges Walter.
- Luna Vachon: Lady Vader - Luna Vachon in WWF's Attitude Era.
- Making Billie Kayfabe - Billie Kay in her 2020 resume-pushing gimmick.
- Tozawa's Title Chase - Akira Tozawa in the WWE Cruiserweight Championship picture.
- How To NOT Screw Up Samoa Joe - Samoa Joe on WWE's main roster.
- Mr. McMahon's ECW - Vince McMahon as ECW Champion.
- Mickie James' New Obsession - Mickie James' second run in WWE and her storyline with Alexa Bliss.
- The Abominable Strowman - Braun Strowman's return to WWE with a reinvented character.
Making Kayfabe provides examples of the following tropes:
- Author Appeal: Bryce is a big fan of The Hurricane, inspiring the rebooking of the gimmick.
- Call-Backs to bizarre Kayfabe Tombolas usually reference the one where Melina believed she was a World War II fighter pilot.
- After "RETRIBUTION" offered joking interpretations of the names of T-BAR and SLAPJACK, one Kayfabe Tombola later in Season 2 had the (sadly unchosen) scenario "slaps a guy called Jack in a tea bar".
- Chekhov's Gunman: In "Vince McMahon Blows... Up!", Paul London, whose infamous smiling incident during Vince's walk to his death (which got him fired in real life) is actually a clue to his having perpetrated the bombing at Shane McMahon's behest.
- Cold Open: Later Season 1 and Season 2 episodes often started with one of these.
- Creator Thumbprint: For Dylan, a Number 1 Contender match figuring in the story.
- Easy Amnesia: Bryce and Dylan see this as good fuel for Kayfabe Tombolas (these being throwaway stories, after all), and have invoked this more than once to allow for the more interesting "change in identity" scenarios.
- Meaningful Name: In "Vince McMahon Blows... Up!", Ken Kennedy's name being a reference to Vince McMahon's middle name is actually revealed as important - because his full name is Kenneth Kennedy McMahon.
- Morton's Fork: The final Kayfabe Tombola of Season 2 had all four wrestlers and all scenarios be the same: "Reno joins WWE and everyone makes fun of his shit haircut".
- Overly Long Gag: Done knowingly in "RETRIBUTION", where they mock the names of members T-BAR and SLAPJACK at length and in deliberately hackneyed fashion ("Did he slap a guy called Jack?").
- Running Gag: Several wrestlers appear as Running Gags, and are known as "Friends of the Show".
- Repeated mentions of Ministry of Darkness member Viscera as the greatest wrestler ever are common.
- After noting how often Stevie Richards appears in their storylines, both began to guess Stevie Richards was involved in storylines on a regular basis. In Season 4, this escalated to involve cries of "STEVIE FUCKIN' RICHARDS" and gratuitous amounts of airhorn.
- Reno was a running gag for much of Seasons 2 and 3, remembered simply for how unmemorable he was (and for his laughable haircut).
- Headbanger Thrasher was mentioned often in the early seasons for appearing multiple times in Kayfabe Tombolas, but now is rarely seen.
- Other than wrestlers, Dylan's tendency to work Number 1 Contender matches into his storylines is notable, and is also accompanied by airhorns.
- Crab hands, in Kayfabe Tombolas.
- The WCW show Slamboree is often referenced also.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: "The Abominable Strowman"'s Kayfabe Tombola features "Barnyard Braun" (Braun Strowman's farmer gimmick), "Braun Strawman" (his scarecrow gimmick), "Brains Strowman" (his intellectual gimmick)... and Headbanger Thrasher.