The Dark Order is a Professional Wrestling Power Stable on All Elite Wrestling currently consisting of Mr. Brodie Lee (leader), Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, John Silver, 10 (Preston Vance), 5 (Alan Angels), Anna Jay and their masked henchmen, the Creepers.
The group debuted at Double or Nothing 2019, only consisting of Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, and a handful of Creepers, seemingly as a reference to supervillains seen on shows such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers. While reception of the group was initially mixed, the group began to gain interest when Evil Uno began to release a series of vignettes in order to recruit new members, leading to the addition of former jobbers Alex Reynolds and John Silver.
Starting in 2020, Evil Uno began to tease the arrival of his superior, the Exalted One, who would later be revealed to be none other than Wyatt Family alumnus Luke Harper, now under his original ring name Brodie Lee. On the August 22nd episode of Dynamite he defeated Cody to win the AEW TNT Championship, the Dark Order's first title. Brodie Lee would hold onto the TNT championship for 8 weeks defeating Dustin Rhodes and Orange Cassidy before Cody reclaimed the title in a dog collar match on the October 7th episode of Dynamite.
Tropes below apply to the groups actions in AEW as well as their segments on Being the Elite.
Join the tropes page!:
- Ascended Extra: What was originally just a tag team with an experimental gimmick would grow to become one of the top factions in AEW.
- Bad Boss: As the leader of a cult-like organisation that promotes the loss of individuality in the pursuit of power, Brodie Lee has a very casual attitude towards the welfare of the lesser members of the Dark Order. When Jon Moxley responded to Lee's theft of the AEW Championship belt by beating up one of Lee's favoured acolytes, 10, in the ring and threatening to break his arm if Lee didn't come out and return the belt, Lee appeared on the screen and coldly stated "We all have to make sacrifices" before walking off, abandoning 10 to the tender mercies of Moxley who went on to prove he was not bluffing. Not to mention what he had Evil Uno do to The Mole who'd infiltrated the Order...
- Bald of Evil: Grayson, Silver and Angels are all bald.
- Beard of Evil:
- Grayson, Silver and Angels all sport these.
- Mr. Brodie Lee also retains his trademark beard, albeit more trimmed and groomed.
- Blood Knight: Stu Grayson is noted to have been born and bred for combat, and between him and Evil Uno is always the more anxious of the two for a fight.
- Brains and Brawn: Evil Uno is the charismatic mastermind and Grayson is the physical behemoth, acting in accord.
- The Brute:
- Grayson is mostly in it to fight people and he's directed by Uno as a living weapon.
- Preston Vance fills this role when a trio with John Silver and Reynolds when they appear on AEW Dark.
- Bumbling Henchmen Duo: Silver and Reynolds are a comical duo of jobbers of the Dark Order. Evil Uno and Grayson are the more serious villainous pair of the bunch.
- Silver is often the victim of Mr. Brodie's abuse due to his childish attitude and incompetent nature.
- Evil Uno to a lesser extent, as he sometimes ends up being the one punished for Silver and Reynolds's incompetence, and his accomplishments tend to be overshadowed by Mr. Brodie preferring Grayson, 10, and 5 over him.
- Silver often ends up treating Angels like one and treats everyone else the same or better. While Silver has never smacked Angels with papers, he has repeatedly shouted in his face.
- Catchphrase: "Join the Dark Order/Join Us!" is their recurring battle cry among all members.
- Corpsing: With how over the top some of the group's BTE segments can get, this becomes a common occurrence. Reynolds nearly fell into this and Mr. Brodie turned it around by asking him if he was going to cry. Silver nearly always has a smile on his face during the segments as if he is trying to hold himself back from laughing.
- Cult: This is what they appear to be depicted as in the vignettes, a widespread underground organization who could potentially be anywhere and anyone.
- Dark Is Evil: Well, they're not called Dark Order for nothing.
- The Dragon: Evil Uno, who is in charge of recruiting new members and leads the group in Brodie Lee's absence.
- Faux Affably Evil: Mr. Brodie Lee. When he wants to recruit someone he can be calm, amiable and courteous. Of course, that's all for the purpose of recruitment, since if he already has you or if you refuse his invitation his vicious temper makes you suffer.
- Functional Addict: 10 apparently does drugs most likely cocaine leisurely and often offers it to other Dark Order members during BTE bits.
- Laughably Evil: They're an imposing threat on TV, but on Being the Elite they're prone to cartoonish antics. Some fans have compared them to a wrestling version of The Office (US).
- Malevolent Masked Man: The entire group, especially Evil Uno, who never takes his off. The only exceptions are Mr. Brodie Lee (who tends to wear a hooded robe over his head when he's not in the ring) and Anna Jay (the mask for female members is apparently far more stylish and attractive than the one for men). Stu Grayson and Anna Jay takes theirs off when they wrestle, but the other members wrestle with them on.
- The Man Behind the Man: Brodie Lee didn't make his presence known on AEW until March 2020, instead giving orders to Evil Uno behind the scenes and using him to recruit new followers.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "The Dark Order" as of itself is foreboding, but they're also billed as from "The Keep" (archaic word for a fortress) and their members include a man called Evil Uno and another known as The Exalted One.
- Paper Fan of Doom: Mr. Brodie Lee uses rolls of paper to discipline his underlings, with Evil Uno and John Silver being his most common targets.
- Path of Inspiration: The Dark Order is ostensibly a cult that preaches strength in numbers and self-empowerment, but in practice it brainwashes people into becoming mindless thugs of the megalomaniacal cult leader Mr. Brodie Lee.
- Pet the Dog: Being The Elite episode 255 has arguably the most aggressive chewing-out of the Dark Order by Brodie to date, after his having lost the TNT title to Cody in a dog collar match. Each member of the Dark Order gets their own personal and very loud "fuck you" for either not being at ringside to help during the title defence or for being otherwise inept. Finally, Brodie comes to Silver, who had made a valiant attempt at helping Brodie during the match, but ended up getting hurt and was sporting a huge bandage around his head and eye as a result. In a shocking turn, Brodie acknowledges this with a simple (if rather rough) pat on the shoulder and a simple, "You can stay", before throwing the rest of the Order out of "OUR room". For a comedy segment including perennial butt monkey John Silver, this was surprisingly heartwarming.
- The Sacred Darkness: Befitting their name and status as a wrestling cult, the Dark Order uses darkness as a motif of religious worship.
- The Smurfette Principle: Initially they only had one female member, Anna Jay, who they recruited after she suffered an ego-crushing loss to Abadon. She wears a much more elegant masquerade ball-like mask than the male members do. After Anna had some moderate success in the Women's Tag Team Cup tournament teaming with Taynara Conti, the Order approached her for recruitment as well and she seemed receptive, although she has not as of the current moment made an official appearance as a member the group.
- Straight Man:
- Grayson plays the role of the more straitlaced cultist (compared to the wackier other ones) in the Being the Elite segments.
- Anna Jay acts as Grayson's Straight Man and is in general far more straightlaced than the rest of the boys.
- Totem Pole Trench: Silver and Reynolds tried this to imitate Mr. Brody Lee before he caught them and made them come down to not look up at Silver.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chili's and their baby back ribs due to the group's (in series) sponsorship with the restaurant chain.