The Elite is a professional wrestling faction containing several key members and associated with three acts: Bullet Club (from which they spawned), Being the Elite (their webshow), and All Elite Wrestling (the wrestling promotion they founded and help run as Vice-Executives).
Born in 2016 out of a creative partnership both in the ring and behind the scenes between Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks in their days in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, The Elite bills itself as being a true representation of their name: the best of the best of pro wrestling put together. And going by their meteoric rise in popularity both in Japan and in the US, they might be right.
Their origins stem from the likewise incredibly popular NJPW faction Bullet Club, when the aforementioned Kenny Omega and Young Bucks turned against faction leader AJ Styles (and likely prefaced by The Young Bucks' earlier turn against founder Prince Devitt), announced themselves as "The Elite" and usurped leadership of the Club, starting what's commonly known as "The Elite Era", during which they also recruited members Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll and Adam Page. Thinking The Elite as spotlight thieves who were propping themselves up at the expense of the remainder of the Bullet Club, there was a civil war in Bullet Club between The Elite and the non-Elite members, where the latter proclaimed themselves the "OGs" of the Bullet Club. The result was The Elite wholly splitting off and striking out on their own in 2018.
During their time as free agents they set the indie scene ablaze, culminating in their primary role in historically massive Indie PPV event All In, one of the biggest ever non-WWE PPVs in North America. The huge success of this led to the birth of the (aptly-named) All Elite Wrestling, the greatest North American rival to WWE's hegemony since the days of the WCW, in which The Elite acts as Vice-Executives in charge alongside owner Tony Khan. During its first year, Adam Page and Kenny Omega won the AEW World Tag Team Championship, conquering the first AEW belts for The Elite, with Cody Rhodes becoming the inaugural AEW TNT Champion a few months thereafter.
Barring their internal conflict keeping them from dominating the world, The Elite is..well...elite.
- Kenny Omega, the lead founding member and ace wrestler of The Elite, heralded by many as the very best in the world.
- The Young Bucks, the tag team that rounded out The Elite's founding trio and are largely responsible for much of their merchandising success.
- Cody Rhodes, the ex-WWE associate with devious ambitions which initially endangered the group before becoming healthier over time.
- Marty Scurll, the eccentric Evil Brit whose tendencies tend to be played both seriously and for comic relief. Currently on the outs with the others, as he is still contracted with Ring of Honor where he leads his own stable called Villain Enterprises.
- Adam Page, the young Virginia upstart being groomed for major success, though he too is not without his issues. Was kicked out of the group in 2020 due his allegiance with FTR.
- Bullet Club, a larger stable within New Japan Pro-Wrestling which they were leading members of for the first three years of their existence as a group.
- Being the Elite, a YouTube video series launched by Elite members The Young Bucks chronicling an exaggerated version of their real-life and in-ring stories, including branching out as their own stable.
- All Elite Wrestling, a US-based promotion officially announced and launched in 2019, with most of the members of The Elite as key performers and/or executives.
"The! Tropes! The The Tropes!":
- Big Good: Framed as the main heroic faction of All Elite Wrestling of course, so whoever is "in charge" of The Elite at the moment tends to be framed as such.
- Dream Team: So-named because they are "The Elite" of professional wrestling, with their founding (and constant) members being Kenny Omega (widely viewed as one of the best wrestlers of the world since the 2010s, sometimes as the best) and The Young Bucks (widely viewed as one of the best tag teams of world since the new 2010s, sometimes the best).
- Foil: The Inner Circle evidently parallels The Elite. The Inner Circle are ruthless cheaters but very closely-knit while The Elite is a team of dashing aces of wrestling who keep bickering among themselves.
- Renegade Splinter Faction: They technically split off from Bullet Club to form their own deal (and indeed, to fight Bullet Club itself).
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: They aren't always the most harmonious bunch and often bicker with one another.
- We ARE Struggling Together: The only thing that keeps The Elite from ruling supreme is their fallibility to internal bickering and conflict. Despite being the cream of the crop of wrestling, their egos tend to get in the way.
- Wild Card: They've been Faces, Heels and everything in-between. Sometimes they have Heel members and Face members in the same faction.