Los Ingobernables (otherwise known as La Facción Ingobernable or simply as Los), literally "The Ungovernables", is a professional wrestling/Lucha Libre faction originated in 2014 in CMLL, but it has since branched out in a variety of spin-offs in AAA, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
A ungoverned faction, naturally, ought to have a ungoverned story: it all began in the mid 2010s, when Luchadores Rush, La Máscara and La Sombra were supposed to be top babyfaces. And they were to anyone except the audiences, who loathed them for being over-pushed, questionably heroic Babyfaces. While some would have soldiered on or quit under the pressure, these men decided to fully embrace the hate and use it to fuel themselves. Starting in 2014, They then became Los Ungovernables, so-named for their utter contempt for any attempt to govern their actions with crowd reactions and a cocksure assuredness of their moral and athletic superiority. Essentially, a stable of Smug Super types, guided under the mottos of team founder and unofficial leader Rush: "Tranquilo!" ("Chill!") and "No pasa nada" ("nothing happened"), both casual dismissals of fan reactions and opponents alike.
Los Ingobernables tore a bloody path through CMLL and became a dominant stable on a level Lucha Libre has not seen in the 21st century, collecting dozens of championships and victories while fully tranquilos, and even leading to the birth of their extremely successful Japanese off-shoot Los Ingobernables de Japon under New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Eventually, of course, having a faction literally named and themed around being ungovernable led to problems, with La Sombra and Rush going to war with one another and the faction as of itself more or less wholly coming apart at the seams at the end of the decade. All founding members had left CMLL by 2019, calling the death knell for the original Los Ingobernables...
...And the opening bell for La Facción Ingobernable, their reborn (and legally distinct) incarnation under the banner of AAA and Ring of Honor, where founder Rush flourishes alongside his unpredictable companions.
No matter the company, nothing governs Los Ingobernables!
- Alternate Company Equivalent: They have been thought of as a Lucha Libre counterpoint to Bullet Club, though more-so in the sense of being extremely dominant tweener factions which have branched out to other companies than their original one. Los Ingobernables would indeed end up clashing with Bullet Club by way of their NJPW spin-off Los Ingobernables de Japón. Both also have Memetic Hand Gesture of sorts ("too sweet" for Bullet Club and the closed-fist-bump for Los Ingobernables).
- Badass Creed / Catchphrase: "Tranquilo!" and "No pasa nada!" (Rush's own catchphrases, meaning "Chill" and "That was nothing!" respectively) are the group's mantra for all situations.
- Light Is Not Good: Often paired up with a stark white color scheme, but Los Ingobernables are absolutely ruthless.
- Memetic Hand Gesture: They always celebrate by raising their closed fists in the air and bumping them among themselves.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: During their days in CMLL, they had a fondness for white suits. They still use them every now and then.
- Smug Super: Their founding motif as babyfaces who embraced their perceived atheltic and moral superiority.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Their origin, essentially, as despised babyfaces who "embraced the hate". To this day, the concept of embracing the heat (intentional or not) is key to Los.
- Wild Card: They are literally call themselves "the ungovernables". Never be sure what to expect.
- Writing Around Trademarks: The name Los Ingobernables belongs to CMLL, so the faction gets by on the variation "La Facción Ingobernable" (The Ingobernable faction).