Just because your game is about badass space ninjas in a dark future doesn't mean you can't have a laugh or two every now and again.
Spoilers Off applies to all moments pages, so beware of unmarked spoilers.
- The sheer time it takes (thousands of hours for older players) before the player can create their own character has caused many fans to joke that Warframe is the RPG with the longest tutorial in history.
- The Stalker accusing you of murdering General Sargas Ruk when you're running Gravidus Dilemma missions for him. Or, as MJ12 Commando puts it:
- Darvo: "I'm detecting a large security force heading your way. It's the Gri- No wait, it's the Corpus. Definitely the Corpus."
- This is Self-Deprecation referring to how the Lotus would always say additional forces were Grineer... when they were Corpus or Infested.
- Occasionally the AI of an enemy will be confused between two positions they can take cover in and the player's distance. This results in them running in circles endlessly.
- Using Valkyr's Rip Line ability on a Scorpion finally giving them a taste of their own medicine.
- Rhino's colossal codpiece has to be seen to be believed (especially when paired with the Limbo Agile animation set's rhythmic pelvic thrusts), and Volt is no slouch in the department, either.
- The event where the Tenno rescue Darvo from his father, Frohd Bek. Throughout the entire mission, the two bicker about duty and freedom as the Tenno slaughter their way through Corpus troops, and Darvo keeps apologizing to the Tenno for having to listen to all this.
- Mindlessly mashing Cleaving Whirlwind's Broken Bull spin attack leads to your Tenno getting dizzy.
- Hydroid's dual pistol idle animation for his Noble stance will cause him to look around for a moment before throwing his head back and having himself a silent, sinister little chuckle. Combined with the already Jack-Sparrow-esque stance, it becomes very amusing. It's made funnier by the fact that he'll look around before doing it, like he's making sure that nobody is watching. If the player can stay still long enough to do the Idle animation, there's probably nobody around but the Tenno.
- In the revamped Tutorial, when the Tenno realizes that Darvo's blueprint for the antidote for the parasite that is slowly turning the Tenno into Vor's puppet requires components that Darvo "conveniently" forgot to give them, Ordis has some... choice words for him. We don't actually hear the rant, but Darvo's response says it all.Darvo: I just received a very explicit message from your ship cephalon. If you're looking for resources, why didn't you just say so? I know just the place, but I demand an apology. My mother is no gymnast and she would never eat those things!
- Ordis's reaction to finding out the Tenno plans to raise a Kubrow on the ship.Ordis: An incubator segment? 'YOU WANT TO TURN ME INTO A PETTING ZOO?— Ordis is happy to assist the operator in restoring ship functionality.Ordis: To think it's been years since a Kubrow SPREAD FILTH ALL— graced this ship! Operator, drop the egg into the system to begin breeding— DROP IT ON THE FLOOR.
- Ordis has many moments when his voice switches abruptly that can range from funny to slightly disturbing.Ordis: The Operator has all the necessary blueprints to craft an Archwing. SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
- His reactions during the Limbo Theorem questline are also golden. He goes from dismissive, claiming the theorem is nonsense - then becomes amused, as it seems Limbo has been hiding something in the theorem - and finally eagerly awaiting news of further discoveries to discover what happened to Limbo. And then you get the final line.
- Ordis's reaction to finding out the Tenno plans to raise a Kubrow on the ship.
- Getting an explosive kill with the Galatine. If the right animation plays, expect to be saying "IT'S A HOME RUN!" to yourself as you see mangled body parts flying off into the distance.
- Just about every kill with the various bow type weapons count, especially when the arrow or bolt goes through several enemies at once and pins them all to the wall. It's difficult to pull off, it's incredibly awesome when it happens, and it's funny as hell to boot.
- The Mutalist Quanta is a Corpus Line Gun-looking weapon that's been covered in the Infestation. While the regular Quanta has a standard 'pull clip out, put clip in' reload animation, when you reload the Mutalist Quanta, a little tentacle pops out of the Infested mass and pulls out the empty clip while the Tenno slots a new one in at the same time. Awww.
- The Hidden Messages quest has you riddling out poems engraved on components for the Mirage Warframe, and as it turns out, Ordis is quite a harsh critic when it comes to Mirage's poetry.Ordis on the first poem: You'd think that the Orokin would have something better to do than scribble nursery rhymes on things. Oh well, I suppose not everything you craft can be of use.Ordis on the second poem: I have no idea what that means, though if I had to describe its literary merit, I might use another word that rhymes with "witty".Ordis on the final poem: My theory, whoever wrote these poems wielded Mirage so deftly that nobody dared criticize her poetry.
- The quest for Mirage ends with one of Warframe's first truly emotional moments - the memory of Mirage facing down an unstoppable horde of Sentients while telling the Lotus not to despair. When Limbo, the next frame to be acquired by quest came out, the recovered memory of the original Limbo at the end of the quest was... rather different in tone.
- The Artificial Atmospheric Actions of some of Syndicate personnel in the Relay Hubs are hilarious, such as the group of New Loka on the stairs who look like they are completely stoned (including one who is fascinated by her own hands and another who looks like he's trying to control the nearby waterfall with his mind) and a couple of Perrin Sequence who are apparently trying to take apart a section of the wall behind one of the signs.
- One of the Tenno personnel charged with maintenance and repair of landing craft will sometimes try out one of the passenger compartments after checking to see if anyone's looking.
- One of the Grineer defectors with Steel Meridian trying to take care of the lone plant in their rooms.
- The stealth kill for a Nikana with Blind Justice equipped: you trip the enemy, and then spin around so they fall on your sheathed blade.
- With a Mesa equipped, it's possible to kill Vor in less than 10 seconds if he appears in T4 Void missions. You then spend several minutes listening to Vor's dialogue continue on after he's already dead.
- Chroma's (agile) idle animation for throwable secondary weapons. Most other frames do fancy tricks with them; Chroma just suddenly hurls them onto the ground angrily, then looks around sheepishly and bends down to pick them back up again.
- Turns out Ordis wasn't the only cephalon with a few screws loose, according to Those Two Guys in Conclave Cpature the Flag mode.Cephalon Vull: (In enemy team's hands) Vull thinks you are of a kind heart, let's take it out and see!
Cephalon Vull: (Flag carrier gets a kill) What an excessive use of force; Vull is having fun!
Cephalon Vull: (In the base) You're so cute! I wanna hug you until your organs rupture!
Cephalon Abnar: (In the base) This is not boring at all. Cephalon Abnar would like to stay immobilized here forever.
Cephalon Abnar: (Flag stolen) Yes! Now fly! Acceleration!
Cephalon Abnar: (Flag returned) Oh great, I'm back where I started.
Cephalon Abnar: (In enemy team's hands) Cephalon Abnar has been accused of wanting to be captured? No comment.
- When doing a Survival mission for Darvo — meaning you as the player have shut off primary life support on the ship as part of a diversion for his other operative to steal stuff, but need to turn on auxiliary life support fields so the security crew don't kill you — Darvo might say:
- During the otherwise rather serious Second Dream quest, when you find the operator, they slowly awaken, and sit up... only to slump forward and fall to the floor with a thud. Adding to the silliness is the fact that the second their feet hit the ground, your warframe ALSO falls over, with graphical static popping up on the screen, indicating that you hit the ground with enough force to briefly sever the connection to your warframe.
- Ordis explaining Void Relics. He doesn't like Quantum Physics at all.
- Even in the midst of the grimness and revelations that make up War Within, there's room for a chuckle or two.Teshin: Beware the ravenous golden maw!
Operator: *wearily* Why does it have to be ravenous?
- As you traverse the Kuva Fortress, you may stumble upon video announcement from a Grineer Queen. Some of them quite amusing:
- When the Javlok weapon was released, new idle animations were also made for each of the Warframes. Several of them were rather amusing:
- Nidus's Noble animation has him holding the weapon with two hands, before lifting it into the air like a barbell. Even better is how he cracks his neck before doing so.
- Mesa's Noble animation shows her silently laughing.
- Saryn's Agile has her placing her hand on her her "face", then shaking her head in visible annoyance.
- Valkyr's Noble animation probably takes the cake, as it shows her doing a frontflip and landing in a crouched position, before appearing to lick the air.
- Limbo's Noble animation has him set the staff down as he rolls his hat down one arm, across his chest, and back on to his head, where it spins.
- Limbo's Agile animation has him spin the staff on its end, then clap down on it, making it disappear. After making where-is-it motions, it reappears in his hands, and he takes a dramatic bow.
- Chains of Harrow: Investigating derelict craft on a Gorn tour of the solar system? Horrifying. Finding out all the madness is caused by an outcast, probably autistic Tenno? Depressing. Realizing the donda you're hunting for is basically a fidget spinner? Kind of funny actually.
- Even funnier; Palladino repeatedly calls it an "object of focus" before you realize it's a toy Rell uses to help him focus on one thing enough to communicate. One gets the idea she's using Purple Prose to cover for him or herself out of embarrassment.
- With the Kavor Defectors reintroduced in Defection missions, their dialogue lines can be overheard when you're nearby them, complete with subtitles. Some of them are honestly funny."Tenno won't kill me?!""Trust Tenno skoom? Hmm... no choice.""Ruk's Manic assassin? We are DEAD!"
- In War Within, Ordis tries to comfort the Operator with elevator muzak. After learning the entire Operator segment was a Battle in the Center of the Mind, one might realize the Red Queen was using it as a torture device.
- While the repeated ones usually end up getting old, some of Ordis' quotes are almost always worth a chuckle, especially the ones where his mood swings end in a Verbal Backspace."Now get out there and CUT DOWN THE — and make the Lotus proud.""Excellent armaments, operator. Please return COVERED IN BLOOD — safe and sound.""Ordis will gladly assist the operator in CUTTING A BLOODY PATH — in whatever mission they choose.""Operator, you have foundry items ready. CLAIM THEM NOW— at your earliest convenience.""GUN, GUN, GUN! — Hmm. Foundry has items for you, Operator.""UNREAD INBOX MESSAGES MAKE ME ILL."
- And perhaps the best one of all:
- With the new Plains Of Eidolon update came spear fishing, which works by doing a small amount of damage to the fish by way of your spear. You can probably see where this is going.
- PoE also came with a lot of bugs, but the funniest one happens when you enter Cetus in operator mode. Your warframe is stuck in a kneeling pose, but full motion is completely allowed.
- The Gara Quest, coming with the Plains of Eidolon update. Two words: Vay. Hek. He's back, and every single line he has is basically him chewing the entire tileset as if it was a delicious cake and making porkchops fall from the sky for the sheer hamminess. While he had already fully enstablished himself as a bombastic and over the top character, this may be just his best performance yet. Cherry on top, his "Did you think this would be so easy?" catchphrase also makes a comeback.(When the player runs into a Nox) SURPRISE, SURPRISE!! A gleaming MAGGOT squirmed into my ship! WELL! Let's see you slip out of this one! HaHaHa!(When the Nox is killed) WHAT?! You pathetic! MEAT! PILES! CAN'T YOU STOP ONE?! PUNY?! MAGGOT?! FROM SQUIRMING AWAY?! AAAARGH!!!
- While you're fishing, you might throw a spear at what you thought was a fish...only to find you caught a boot. If this happens, instead of hearing the beat of drums, a short banjo tune is played, almost as if to say "sucker."
- Then there's Hok, who forges custom weapons for you, exacerbated by the fact he has a bad case of Third-Person Person...Hok: "PEDLEK! Did your mother jump around whilst pregnant? Those are not pets! Those are carnivorous as ffffffff-" [tenno appears] "-ffaaaaar as I know! Hello there! How may Hok serve?"...Hok: "I am a bright star surrounded by an accretion disk of cretins and ding-dongs!"Hok: "No, Pedlek, I will not be attending your poetry recital. Hok would rather get a plate in his head and collect magnets. How may I serve?
- While Hok gets plenty of funny lines (most often disparaging about his assistant, Pedlek, who can be seen slacking off next to him), Fisher Hai-Luk does get a few good bits in.Hai-Luk: "Hello! It is my aim to ensure you fully enjoy your time on the water, which is absolutely not filled with unknowable horror!"Hai-Luk: *gasps* "This one will feed the whole family and the cousins, too!"Hai-Luk: "That... that smell, is quite something... isn't it?"Hai-Luk: "Hmph. I should have been a plumber."
- Occasionally, if you exit the Plains of Eidolon as Zephyr by using her air dash ability just before hitting the ability negation field, you'll discover why Zephyr is the champion of planking.
- While it's tragic, the sheer Mood Whiplash of the Apostasy Prologue is worth a chuckle in hindsight. As Doctor Fluffy described it on spacebattles:"Oh boy! We can customize our own rooms! I'm going to have a display of my favorite frame, and go customize my fish tank, and plaster the walls with stuff and OH SNAP SON, WHERE ARE YOU MOM WHAT IS GOING ON"
- As noted, Apostasy Prologue is heart-wrenching Mood Whiplash... but after completing The Sacrifice a player can make it worse with one simple step: equip Excalibur Umbra and replay Apostasy Prologue. The tortured, murderously obsessed frame will chill in the background, idly watching as his arch-nemesis appears and kidnaps the Lotus, without doing as much as lifting a finger.
- In a sense, Excalibur Umbra's passive is both funny and heartwarming. When you go into operator mode, Excalibur Umbra would follow you everywhere, even in points where the operator is required to go alone. Considering Excalibur Umbra's past and memories, he acts very much like an Overprotective Dad who wants to protect his child no matter where they go.
- Peculiar Bloom, a firearm mod that (purposefully) does absolutely nothing other than spawn cosmetic flower model on enemies each time you inflict critical hits, had to be nerfed. The reason? This.
- The fact that Eudico wears a Guy Fawkes mask decked out to look like Nef Anyo when making transmissions as Vox Solaris.
- From the same mission, an irate The Business calls out Eudico for thinking she can appease Nef Anyo after he demands fifty Solaris to be effectively executed while their brains are put in suspended-animation hell, except that he stops short with obvious, hilarious confusion when he realizes that he's missing an extremely important item.The Business: Eudico, you can't seriously be thinking of going through with this! Wait, where's my K-Bomb...?
- Nef Anyo's complete inability to understand the ramifications of his decision is capped with a comically clueless "Wait, where are you all going?" when the bottom finally falls out on him.
- Also if you wait around Fortuna, you can listen to the loud speaker sell seed faith, pay advances, and a message thanking some Solaris for their mandatory toxic waste cleanup duty... and then offering them a 2% rebate on new lungs. Less funny if you listen to one of the Solaris talk about how he's still trying to pay off his grandpa's lungs.
- From the same mission, an irate The Business calls out Eudico for thinking she can appease Nef Anyo after he demands fifty Solaris to be effectively executed while their brains are put in suspended-animation hell, except that he stops short with obvious, hilarious confusion when he realizes that he's missing an extremely important item.
- Fortuna also has spear fishing, and just like the Plains, you can end up catching a Corpus Boot. The game will then play a silly electronica tune that sounds like it came straight out of an 8-bit game.
- Garuda has an ability where she causes massive spikes to jut up from the ground, impale an enemy and then uses their blood to heal herself and her teammates. The kicker? Sometimes this doesn't kill them, resulting in them standing up, and dusting off having a spike driven through their chest, and being juiced of all their precious fluids.
- As you progress through the game you may start to see Stalker as The Ditz instead of the scary Implacable Man which he should have been. First you discover his Revenge Before Reason pattern as he tries to punish you even for stopping (another) Zombie Apocalypse, probably concluding with Insane Troll Logic that everything that Tenno do is evil. Then you may notice that he cannot jump, being Cyber Ninja like players, because instead of giving chase he teleports escaping victims to his location. Then Stalker shows stupid amounts of determination, desperately trying to kill you even when it can result only in him getting curbstomped. And, at last, the poor thing hunts for warframes even after dicovering the true nature of the Tenno being their Achilles' Heel. Also, this can be justified if the Stalker is a rogue insane warframe without an operator, like Excalibur Umbra used to be.
- Stalker does not revenge for Sentients despite acually allying with them during "The Second Dream". Had we punched him enough to make smarter or it is yet another case of his Insane Troll Logic?
- It's entirely possible for a bug to cause the Exploiter orb to be no higher than your waist during the fight with it.
- Baro Ki'Teer delievers not only special goods, but also lot of fun, aside from "Cryotic Front" which is described in event section below:
- At some point Baro started to sell just his image as various "Ki'Teer" trinkets, probably realizing that the Tenno are huge fans of him.
- There were a couple of coincidents when Corpus assaulted a relay where Baro landed. Players decided that it was Nef Anyo trying to punish Baro for selling Void treasures to Tenno or just not paying taxes.
- Step one: make Tenno sell their prime parts for ducates which can be used only to buy something from you. Step two: Pack these parts in Void relics. Step three: sell the relics to Tenno for ducates and also credits. Step four: use Tenno to defend agaist aforementioned Nef who's just jealous of your cunning.
- Baro has a great deal of reverence for Inaros, even more for Inaros Prime... including inviting the Primed version to help him in one of his void missions. That's not that funny. What is is how he acts when you come to buy the token for the mission."Great Inaros! (whispering) My shelves grow bare. Can we... you know... the usual?"
- A recent update introduced Kuva Liches, who provide a procedurally generated nemesis for the players. In addition to some of the generated names being hilarious, liches have a chance to generate with the "Jovial" personality, which combines Warframe's trademark overacting with a Friendly Enemy to produce a lot of genuinely funny lines:Lich: (When logging in) You're dead, Tenno! I know it! the system knows it! My fifteen friends who are betting on it know it!Lich: (When viewing a lich-controlled planet) Yup, sector's a dump, but it's my dump!Lich: (When viewing their profile) You know, as you were hacking my limbs off, I thought to myself... I really don't like this person!Lich: (When viewing their profile) Do you have any idea what it takes to reattach severed limbs? You will!Lich: (In combat) You can't kill me if you keep hitting me in the parts I've had replaced!Lich: (In Combat) I think they're scared. Comrades, are they scared? I think they're scared!Lich: (When leveling up) Smarter... faster... cuter. You behold the Queens' Number One Son!Lich: (When converting a defeated lich) A wise choice, maggot! I mean... friend?
- During the Deadlock Protocol quest, Nef Anyo finally meets Parvos Granum, the founder of the Corpus, and asks him to honor all of Anyo's accomplishments. Instead, Parvos tears into Nef Anyo with scathing remarks on modern Corpus practices, resulting in the following exchange:Parvos: 'My name'... I have watched you. Monuments to narcissism. Demanding others sweat in your stead. Gorging upon that which you have not earned. Watched... as you claimed for yourself my teachings of self-reliance, perverting them into a flaccid philosophy of sloth. Of... Idleness. Is that you, my son?Nef Anyo: (chastised) No, that must be a different son.
- The Helminth added to your Orbiter in the Heart of Deimos update is...actually kinda adorable for being an Infested lifeform. When you feed it a resource it deems its favorite, he just smiles like a puppy, and it even has some interactions with your companions, which involve Carrion Drones flying around in its mouth and Kavats jumping into its mouth only for the big guy to spit it out.
- In the Cryotic Front, the Tenno have been extracting reams of the crucial cryotic resource for their mysterious employer, all the while fighting huge legions of enemies to acquire it. What makes the cryotic so incredibly valuable? The employer needs it to preserve a species of Martian jellyfish that is a delicacy but spoils easily during transport.
- Darvo's various offers for weapons combines his skills as a salesman with his flippant anger and annoyance at his fellow Corpus.Darvo:So Tenno, word has it you've been working with a certain Baro Ki'Teer? What? The name doesn't ring a bell? He had you searching all over for Cryotic. I guess maybe he wouldn't tell you his name — he does that. He thinks it makes him seem mysterious — it doesn't. Plenty of people know his name. Either way, I hope he lived up to his end of the bargain. Not everyone is as trustworthy as your friend Darvo.
Wait, did someone say bargain? I did!
Here we go. For one day only, the Atterax is half price. Use this bladed motorized whip to give the Grineer a taste of their own medicine. Or, if you're like me, you might find it handy for snaking out the plumbing in your ship. It's up to you.Darvo: Tenno, I guess I was curious, I paid Baro Ki'Teer a crate full of Prime Blueprints and two Argon Crystals just so I could sample his so called "delicacy". Those Oasis Jellyfish caused my throat to swell up for three days. Damn near killed me. What a rip-off.
But you know what's not a rip-off? My new bundle. Here's what you get: the Hydroid Warframe, Nami Skyla Blades, Triton Helmet, Para Carrier Sentinel and all its fancy parts. Hell, I'll even throw in Credit and Affinity boosters, just because.Darvo: Oh and let me guess, Baro Ki'Teer wouldn't even show you his face, figures. He thinks he's too good for you and me with his swanky clothes and exotic foods that taste like mud. Well you know what Tenno, when you buy from him that's what you're paying for. When you buy from Darvo, you get nothing but deals.
Allow me to provide a simple illustration. Today only, at 50% off I'm offering you the Amprex Electricity Rifle. 10,000 volts of shut your elitist face. I never wanted to go to his stupid party anyway.
- During the Tubemen of Regor event, choosing to fight for Nef Anyo and killing the Manic Bombard made Tyl Regor drop this gem.Tyl Regor: Preacher, preacher... this your idea? (huffs, then imitates Nef Anyo's tone) "Giiive unto the Voooooid!" How about I scalpel off your little danglers and give them unto the Void, hm? What do you think about that idea, NEFFY?!
- Also funny on a meta level when you learn that Tyl Regor and Nef Anyo have the same voice actor.
- Folks at DE are definitely having fun with Hallowed Nightmares Halloween 2015 tactical alert. You are tasked with a level 1-5 Infested Sabotage mission in some really foggy forest on Earth, without any prior indication whatsoever that you'll dropping in with nothing but your bare fists. SURPRISE JUGGERNAUT!!1 Lotus' message when you completed the mission tops it all off.Lotus: We lost contact for a moment... were you sleeping? Nightmares? Perhaps this (Orokin Catalyst Blueprint) will help you overcome your fear.
- Those who linked their Warframe account to Twitch Prime got a free Frost Prime frame, a decorative scarf-equivalent Prime syandana, a Soma Prime rifle, and Scindo Prime axe. You're notified that the items are redeemable by an in-game mail... from Darvo again. Once more, he does not disappoint.I Found Some Crazy Stuff[Player], You'll never believe this. I found the most peculiar Void Rift. The signals I'm getting from this thing are just unexplainable, it's like they aren't even from this system. But that's not even the crazy part...I scanned a freaking FROST PRIME WARFRAME and a PRIME SYANDANA. Just sitting there waiting to be taken. FOR FREE.I tried to pilot my ship into the Rift but there's some sort of 'fourth-dimensional wall' that's blocking my passage. I can't go in, but you're special. Maybe you can retrieve those sweet, sweet Prime items.Your friend, Darvo
[Player], Lightning has struck twice! That's right. I've found another strange Void Rift.Where it leads, I have no idea. What's inside? I'm detecting a SOMA PRIME and a SCINDO PRIME. Just waiting for a Tenno to snatch them up, FOR FREE.Try as I might, I cannot break this 'fourth-dimensional-wall' and take the items for myself. So it's up to you, Tenno. Find more info in your ship's market.Your jealous friend, Darvo
- Some worthy mentions from the "Plague Star" event:
- Konzu doing a mocking Vay Hek impersonation in one of his transmissions.
- Vay Hek referring to your efforts to destroy the gigantic infested boil-like meteoroid that crashed on the plains as "trying to POP its GLISTENING MAGNIFICENCE".
- Vay Hek continues to deliver hilarious levels of ham in the Ghoul Purge event.I love that new ghoul smell. FRESH FROM THE BAG!!My favorite ghoul is... the one that RIPS YOUR MAGGOT HEAD OFF!!Come out, come out, come out! Meet your new.... friends. IT'S SLAYTIME!!
- On June 2018, Free Prime with Twitch Prime allowed players who linked their Warframe accounts to their Twitch Prime accounts to claim a Trinity Prime frame and a Spektaka Prime Syandana for free. Once again, the in-game mail from Darvo does not disappoint.Prime IronyDo you know what irony is, [Player]?What about finding yet another magical Void Rift, filled with even more amazing PRIME ITEMS, all of which are out of my reach? Is that freaking irony, Tenno? Sure feels like it.Know whats in there this time, Tenno? A freaking TRINITY PRIME WARFRAME and a SPEKTAKA PRIME SYANDANA!As usual, some mysterious force is stopping me from claiming them myself. So why dont you wander across the fold and pick up that FREE STUFF, just like you did last time?Your loyal (and totally not bitter) friend,Darvo
- The Pyrus Project of September 2018 involves rebuilding the destroyed Strata Relay around Earth. It's hosted by the Steel Meridian, who will happily thank you for your contributions. Even if you're hated by them. It won't stop them from sending assassination squads after you in the same mission where they ask you to take out a Pyrus Carrier.
- October 2018 saw another Free Prime with Twitch Prime, allowing linked players to obtain Vectis Prime, Fang Prime and a Spektaka Prime Sugatra for free. You best bet Darvo had another hilarious in-game message for it.More Prime Items Beyond the Void[Player]After the last time I missed out on a cache of amazing, totally free, Prime items, I was a bit miffed. I mean, why can't I pass through that Void Rift? Why do I have to sit on the sidelines while some fancy Tenno dances across the rift and comes back with all this shiny stuff that should have been Darvo's in the first place? I thought, there must be a way.So, I loaded Clem into a Grineer assault pod (it was his idea, I swear) and launched him at terminal speeds towards the rift. Undoubtedly he could break through, right? Nope. He bounced.I have come to the conclusion that these items were not meant for mere mortals.There's a VECTIS PRIME, FANG PRIME and SPEKTAKA PRIME SUGATRA hiding in there. Go get 'em, Tenno!Your pal,DarvoP.S. Clem's fine.
- August 2nd, 2019 saw the introduction of the "Dog Days" Tactical Alert. Kela De Thaym contacts the Tenno, declaring another Rathuum, and that this time the weapons used will be acid sprayers... until she fumbles her words, gets sidetracked, yells about a gas leak, and rambles that, since it's a nice day out, it's time for a water fight. Cue your warframe, upon loading into the map, suddenly wearing an inflatable inner tube around their waist and armed with a pump-action squirt gun for blasting her Executioners. And you do need to reload and pump the gun to maintain pressure if you want to hit anything at any distance. She also turns out to be a surprisingly pleasant person when high as a kite - to the point where she hands over the Tactical Alert rewards with only a minor amount of griping that her team couldn't win, and warns you that the personality change won't stick when the repairs are done.Kela De Thaym: I guess I gotta hand it to ya. You really hosed my crew. Well done, I guess. But jus' remember: they're gonna fix this gas leak at some point and when they do... WHEN THEY DO... it's back to business, buddy. NO MORE MRS NICE ME. Carry on.
- December 4th, 2019 saw another Twitch Prime promotion, allowing players to get Ember with a free Warframe slot, a new Orbiter interior, and a Filigree Prime Decoration. Once again, Darvo had a message.Valuable Items are Waiting[Player],I know, I know, it's been a while since our last score, but I found another Void Rift. Full of valuable items, but unreachable by legitimate businessmen like myself. This time, it's EMBER.. and what.. a new interior for your Orbiter? That place will look pretty snazzy with a FILIGREE PRIME DECORATION, don't you think?At this point, I'm not even bitter that you get to pick these up for free; just make sure you think of Darvo when you've got some Credits burning a hole in your Warframe.Your old pal,Darvo
- February 18, 2020 saw another Twitch Prime promotion, adding a Static Reactor Prime Sigil to the free Ember and the Filigree Prime Decoration. Once again, Darvo delivers.Valuables Detected in Void[Player],More Void Rifts mean more prime items for you and another headache for Darvo. I'm detecting a STATIC REACTOR PRIME SIGIL that will make your Warframe sizzle like a storm cloud! Grab that beauty quick, so I'm not reminded I can't sell it.Not to mention, I'm still picking up traces of EMBER and the FILIGREE PRIME DECORATION in the Void so don't forget to retrieve them.Just remember how this works. I scratch your back.... You shop at my store. Got it?Your old pal,Darvo
- As much as Operation Scarlet Spear can invoke a sense of dread over the now-kickstarted New War, there's still a small comedic relief to be had in the shadow of the Sentient invasion.
Little Duck: "Back then old mate Teshin wasn't havin' it. Tried warnin' him, but... you know the type. But now? Oh, NOW it's all 'tell me all that you know' and 'your expertise is required' and 'I'm a hoity-toity sod with a hat like a designer bedpan.' Shoulda kept me trap shut."
- Little Duck doesn't have the highest of opinions on Teshin after he ignored her warnings about circulating Sentient artifacts throughout the markets of the Origin System.
Little Duck: "Konzu! Hey! Konzu! Mate, you better get some of your talent over here or lunch is gonna be the least of your problems! Little Duck, out!"
- Standing around in the flotillas will net you some overheard lines from Little Duck as she gets in touch with whoever she can, presumably to direct more Tenno to help the Operation. One of her contacts happens to be from Cetus...
- As your squad fights their way through the Sentients, you'll find yourself also barreling through crowds of Grineer led by Sargas Ruk, who... doesn't have the best of judgement when it comes to seeing who the bigger threat is.
Little Duck: "Grineer. Sargas! We. Are. Trying. To. HELP. YOU. ...Pillock."
- The Grineer's refusal to cooperate understandably proves to get under Little Duck's skin.
- May 12, 2020 — new Twitch Prime promo, same old Darvo.Prime Armor detected in the Void[Player],This is really getting out of hand, Tenno. I found an AVIA PRIME ARMOR SET floating in the Void! Now, believe me, I love that you are getting these items for free. You just never return the favor! Your dear friend Darvo is jealous.Ease my suffering. Come see me soon, Okay?- DarvoP.S. Still picking up traces of EMBER and a FILIGREE PRIME DECORATION out there, too. If you are going after the armor, might as well grab them all in one fell swoop. See? I've always got your best interest at heart, Tenno.
- August 1, 2020, another Twitch Prime promo, though Darvo's... less than enthused about this one.This Apis Syandana is all yours![Player],It's your old pal Darvo, back again. While looking into some strange transmissions, we picked up this disgus— I mean, delightful cluster of what looks like fused gear and organics. Clem and I know better than to mess with some angry, throbbing biomass. We leave that to our talented Tenno friend!Ok, ok, I'll be honest. It's gross and starting to wriggle. I would prefer it as far away from me as possible. If you want it, great, otherwise the APSIS SYANDANA, 7-DAY RESOURCE BOOSTER and 7-DAY RESOURCE DROP CHANCE BOOSTER are going in the nearest incinerator. Just to be safe.Either way, I know when I'm out of my depth. Can you handle this?Your friend,Darvo
Devstream/ Official media
- As intimidating Hek's interruption during the developer livestream was, his comment about throwing "Your beloved Lotus into the sun" is so silly that it becomes hilarious.
- A good chunk of the alerts DE posts in the chat to tell players updates or hotfixes are coming (lovingly referred to as "redtext" by fans because of their red color) are filled with hilarity.
- The Corpus accepting the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- You think you've had a bad day at work? Watch what happens to these guys!
- Alad V's Infestation update gives off a vibe when you are crossing over with Team Fortress 2. When this update came, so did the Expiration Date for Team Fortress 2.Alad V: "I have done nothing but infest bread for three days."
- During Operation Eyes of Blight event, majority of the players decided to let Strata Relay (at Earth) gets blown up, either in protest of how DE handled the event poorly (YMMV here), or just to see how it was like.
- Anytime Darvo Deals.Darvo: My competition would be upset if they knew I was selling this stock so cheap. Come to think of it, they would be upset to know I was selling this stock at all. ....They're probably still looking for it.
- In Ask A Cephalon Anything:Jaysinc: Will I be able to survive the Cephalon Uprising?Cordylon: I can assure you there are no plans for a Cephalon uprising. If we are speaking in hypotheticals, then the plan created would be meticulous and quite unsurvivable, be assured.
- Cephalon Cordylon's explanation for why building things in the Foundry is both silly and yet makes complete sense:"Tenno, if left unattended, might spend the majority of their earned resources constructing new weaponry instead of managing "less essential" tasks, such as LIFE SUPPORT. While I cannot speak for Cephalon Ordis, it is conceivable that Ordis allocates acquired credits to managing other trivial areas unrelated to slaughter, such as Liset fuel cells, breathable atmosphere, etc.I can assure you with absolute certainty that Ordis doesn't not contribute a portion of those funds into a probability pool weighed against your odds of survival.
- Also, Cephalon Cordylon admitting, in more complex language, that it thinks Cephalon Suda is pretty but they don't date because of their careers.
- Another session of Ask Cephalon Corylon, where she suggests a Tenno who wants to play music set up in elevators in Corpus gas cities on Jupiter and extract payment by force if necessary. Just the mental image of Tenno holding up terrified Corpus technicians to play music to them on elevator rides is hilarious.
- The cause of Nyx Nemesis skin Darvo's Deals. Apparently his supplier made Darvo drink something.Next thing I remember, Im waking up with a headache surrounded by crates and crates of something called the NYX NEMESIS SKIN?
What is Ganymede Geyser Water and where can I get some of the strong shit?
- Hilariously, at least one player (as shown in the reddit thread) has expressed interest in drinking the stuff...
- During Prime Time 80, Megan and Rebecca have a challenge to kill 8 of various enemies. Megan does missions normally. Rebecca runs the Simulacrum, and is this ridiculously ahead of Megan. It's hilarious, especially when Megan realizes what's happening.
- The placeholder text for Cephalon Simaris' syndicate before his release, as shown in Devstream:Do books even still exist in this universe? Just plug that shit directly into my brain. While I prefer librarians with glasses, a sentient group of trapezoids will have to do.
- The devs celebrated April Fools day with the "announcement" of Voice Packs for Lotus. Said Voice Packs include Waifu Lotus, Mr. Lotus, and even Vay Hek Lotus.Vay Hek Lotus: "THE RAID IS OFF TO A SUCCESSFUL START! HUHUHRAHAHAGH! EXCELLENT WORK, TENNO!"
- TennoCon 2016 previewed an upcoming animation for the game (animated by OtaKing77077 of the TIE Fighter Short Film, no less!). Within the first few second, Excalibur quickly rushes through the tutorial we players went through, except he chucks the Lato pistol aside and picks up the Kunai only to miss every single throw.
- Oct. 17, 2016, marked the first Warframe wedding, ministered by Lotus' voice actress, Rebecca Ford. However, the ceremony was interrupted by connection issues, causing everyone to get booted. Everyone blames this on the Grineer and Tyl Regor.Lotus!Rebecca: "Tyl Regor, if you are here today, we ask you to leave (voice cracks up) and allow us to have this ceremony in peace!"
- The TennoCon 2016 animation, formally titled 100 Days of Warframe, is an awesome gut-buster literally from start to finish as we follow the adventures of a new Tenno using Excalibur.
- When Lotus suggests that the newly-awakened Excalibur try moving around and advises him to "take it slowly", the serene music cuts out as Ex sprints off, hops and falls flat on his face, and then bullet jumps headfirst into a staircase.
- After Oberon saves his sorry ass, we cut to Ex using the foundry... and producing a miserably mangled Galatine claymore. Ordis' commentary is what seals it.Ordis: An interesting... creation, Operator.
- Ex attempts a couple co-op missions. They don't end well. Highlights include Ex, Ember, Frost, and Nyx cutting off the Lotus mid-sentence and charging the enemy, only for Frost and Nyx to get killed and Ex and Ember high-tailing it out of there after Ember attempts a Fire Blast; and Ash Flipping the Bird at Ex just as he, Rhino, and Volt leave Ex behind on an elevator.
- Ex attempts a solo mission. It doesn't end well. Suffice it to say, Ex botches a hacking attempt and gets an entire army of Corpus on his rear.
- After his failures, Ex goes through his Inbox with some hilarious messages in it.Lotus: VITAL MISSION: Tenno. Customize your armor. You're making me look bad. Lotus, style consultant.Grineer Faction: Your actions have consequences...Corpus Faction: Your actions have consequences... Also, Kubrow treats are on 20% discount next week.CLEM: Clem!??? (Stalker): CHECK OUT SARYN'S PRIME ASSETS. Click attachment. Totally not virus. (Picture of Saryn in a sexy pose)Grineer Faction: Your actions are also really embarrassing. Please stop. Thanks.
- After Ex joins a clan, he's pitted against a Rhino. Ex tries to land a few hits on Rhino, who No Sells them since he's using Iron Skin; and then Rhino swats him like a fly.
- Ex clumsily attempts a clan obstacle course. After he falls for, well, a falling platform, a Zephyr zips by leaving him in the dust (with said dust forming a middle finger). Cut to the clan leaderboard revealing that Ex took 20 minutes.
- When we see Ex at the Foundry again, Ordis tries to make conversation with him only for Ex to hit a button that says "SHUT UP, ORDIS".
- Right after shutting Ordis up, Ex dons the Ripkas, a Sybaris, and the Twin Grakatas. Ordis chimes in again with something that is equal parts funny and awesome.Ordis: "Grooooovy~ A deadly arsenal, Operator!"
- After Ex finally takes a level in badass, he's able to stay with his team, literally leaving footprints in his enemies' blood.
- Waiting in the elevator: Ex is just standing in a Badass Arm-Fold, Mirage is playing Rock Paper Scissors with herself, Nyx Prime is meditating, and Frost Prime is looking at a snowglobe.
- After Ex is revealed to have topped the clan leaderboard, we Smash Cut to him trying out multiple cosmetic options while making model poses with fashion show music.
- The battle with Alad V: Zanuka wipes the floor with everyone, and pins down a Loki Prime. Loki Switch Teleports with Alad, causing him to be crushed instead... which spontaneously turns him into vegetables.note
- After beating Alad V, Ex is seen on the bridge of his Orbiter playing with a Saryn Noggle statue.
- Ex has a rematch with Rhino, destroys a wall, and reveals Banshee reading a Fashion Frame magazine while sitting on a toilet. For added value, the Banshee's coloration and sigil correspond to the YouTube content creator Quiette Shy, who's known for doing a lot of funny pointless Warframe videos. As in someone who does a lot of shitposting.
- Considering how much Quiette Shy dislikes Mag, it's surprising she's reading one.
- Ex-as-Loki Prime turns invisible and slashes his way through a room full of Grineer soldiers, who barely react to their comrades being messily slaughtered.
- As Ex, Excalibur Prime, Rhino Prime, and Saryn prepare to fight Lephantis, Ordis drops this:Ordis: We must not be overcome by - THE FLOOD - ...The Infested. Yes, definitely the Infested.
- After Ex and co. slay Lephantis, he, Ex Prime, Loki, and Oberon have a happy coffee break and mount its head on a wall in their Clan Dojo. Then the Stalker shows up.
- The War Within update for PC included a new Kuva Fortress tileset. Along with it came the mission types both new and old, and this gem:Mobile Defense: Will it take longer than Lotus calculated?
- The Ambulas Reborn event trailer. The inexplicable resemblance to 1980s advertisements, complete with VCR-esque distortions and questionable synthwave in Warframe's far-flung future is funny enough, but it has one truly stand-out line:Frohd Bek: "Actualize! Synergy! Synergize! Growth. Profit. Grofit?!"
Frohd Bek: "I haven't felt this good since they rebuilt my larynx!"
- In this appearance Frohd recieved a new, more normal-sounding voice. Frohd lampshades this in of his lines during the event.
- The devstreams tend to be rather lighthearted, but sometimes they can lapse into absurdity.
- Prime Time #209 showed off the winner of the Tennotunes Volume 3 competition, Warframe 80's Action Theme. Which is dumb in the most hilarious way possible. Then they got to the "Space Mom" moment, and Rebecca simply couldn't stop laughing.
- And then Mashed (the makers of the aforementioned 100 Days of Warframe) made an animated video to go with it. It looks like a real 80s Saturday morning kids cartoon... except for the excessive gore.
- Some highlights include:
- Volt's use of the Sonicor to launch several Corpus units into orbit.
- As the Frames fly by in Archwing Mode, poor Clem's attempt at building an Igloo is ruined.
- Blink and you miss it, but at Legs' Shop, Mag is petting a very happy Kavat as a silly-faced Kubrow is next to it. A MOA is also crouched down, likely in reference to the Devstream where Rebecca found that crouch-walking with a MOA companion causes it to do a silly crouch-walk as well.
- Volt uses his K-Drive to scrape an Osprey unit (likely a Sapping Osprey) along the ground.
- Mag is seen tracking an animal... only for Excalibur to zip by on his K-drive, burying Mag and her MOA.
- Devstream #120 gave us a first look at Baruuk, Mesa Prime, and Mesa Prime's... well-defined model. Even Rebecca took notice
- During the Devstream preview of Baruuk, the team used the working titles of his abilities. The in-development name of Baruuk's exalted weapons? "Paci-fist". Players found the Incredibly Lame Pun humorous and have continued to refer to them as such, even after officaly being named "Desert Wind".
- As part of their promotional push around Tennocon 2019, DE engaged in a little live publicity stunt. They TOLD them not to pull the trigger!
- As part of Devstream #269, Rebecca Ford was asked to read the more... intriguing Kuva Lich name in her Lotus voice. She barely manages to get past the first without Corpsing, ending with her breaking into raucous laughter when she encounters a Lich named Bopp Bipp.
- Moa: Oh, shit I'm late
- Meesa gonna fight the Corpus! Cue everyone who noticed reacting in horror.laserapocalypse: How fucking dare you. I WAS SO HYPED FOR THIS!Icpmcp: NOGOD NO WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO MEMY EYESYOU MONSTER
- And then some mad genius Jar-Jarfied Corrupted Vor's speech...Look at them thesa comein to dis place whena thesa know thesa is no pure. Tenno use da keys, but thesa is mere trespassers. On missa, vor, know da true power of da void. Mesa cut in half, destroy, but through its janus key, da void call to missa. It bringa missa here and here mesa reborn. Weesa cannot blame these creatures, thesa is be l by a false prophet, a impostor who knows no da secrets of da void. Behold da tenno, comein to scavenge and desecrata dis sacr realm. Missa brothers, did missa no taleo of dis day? Did missa no prophesize dis moment? Now, missa ganna stop them. Now mesa chang, reborn through da energy of da janus key. Forever bound toda void. Let it be known, if da tenno wanna true salvation, thesa ganna lay down thesa arms, and wait for da baptism of missa janus key. Isa time. Missa ganna teach these trespassers da redemptive power of missa janus key. Thesa ganna learn its simple truth. Da tenno is nocomebackie, and thesa ganna resist. But missa, vor, ganna cleanse dis place of thesa impurity.Fascistznik: Alright, boys. Scrap the goddamn update.Savletto: This whole thread is unholy. I call for Exterminatus.
- And then some mad genius Jar-Jarfied Corrupted Vor's speech...
- During TennoCon 2018, Steve made a strange gesture with his crotch and the camera accidentally centered on it longer than it should. It didn't take long before the Internet made a meme video out of this. The best part? Steve actually watched the video and laughed his ass off to it.
- "Today, our squad was at Maroo's. Maroo asked us why we carried weapons in her relay, we said mimics. Maroo laughed, traders laughed, we laughed, ayatan sculpture laughed. We killed the ayatan sculpture. Good times."
- This particular tweet from Arby's, and the playerbase's responses. Even the official Warframe Twitter got in on it.
- Someone on the Warframe reddit made a helpful infographic to inform players what the various icons are for. So someone decided to vandalize it for the lulz and made a deliberately unhelpful edition. Highlights include:
- Unread messages icon: "Your actions have consequences."
- Double credit event: "Somewhere, Nef Anyo is crying."
- The elevator icons: "Get in here and press the button first, before that Loki does."
- The shape of the fish hotspot icon is not unnoticed: "Obese fish nearby."
- The keys icon is literally Corrupted Vor's rant, gradually fading off.
- The guy who edited the infographic has a notable bias towards the Zenurik focus.
- Penjaga forma icon: "Don't ask how we install these on the dogs."
- "WHO BRINGS ASH TO RAD SORTIES?!"
- Making fun of the numerous duplicate buff icons.
- When the editor realizes that he's still got half the icons to go.
- The editor just freaks out over the numerous Octavia icons. He's doesn't even bother to try and describe them.
- Elytron's section is literally just Megumin's very happy face.
- Valkyr's skills are "Shout at them," "Shout at them," and "Shout at them. Then claw the shit out of them."
- Mesa's ultimate is "Press 4 to make McCree look like a bitch."
- The "Downed Ally" icon is "Haha look at this loser."
- The chest icon is "METAL BAWKSES".
- There is a trend in fanart to "humanize" warframes by drawing them with nice human heads instead or under these rather ugly helmets and so making them independent characters. The Sacrifice revealed that personality and face under helmet thing is canon, but not in the way everyone thought.