The newest generation of Vault Hunters, all of which are trained professionals designed to function in 4-man teams (though that can change given certain circumstances). A total of 16 exist in this story, all of which with wildly varying powers that can compliment one another nicely.
Her Action Skill, Mad Art, enhances her current gun over a few seconds, reaching its peak at the end of the duration to deal massive explosive damage. Her first skill tree, Everlasting Beauty, is designed to make her into an off-tank capable of healing herself through her explosive attacks. Her second skill tree, Art of A Single Moment, enhances her explosive damage to insane levels, making her a Glass Cannon in the process. Her final skill tree, Tranquil Wrath, uses Splendor stacks to increase her damage while sacrificing her shields in the process.
- Mad Artist: Pretty obvious actually.
- Mad Bomber: It's the name of her character class, or close enough.
- Moment Killer: Does this a lot, especially when romantic things are involved. By the time the moment is about to reach its maximum romantic effect, she kills it with her Fangirl gushing and Squee-ing. The narrators even lampshaded this aspect of her character.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Circus" by Britney Spears. Fits pretty well, considering her Attention Whore-like tendencies.
- Shipper on Deck: Outright calls herself this, supporting Suture/Katelyn, Dion/Aurai, and even John/Jane.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Any fight she's in will end up like this, one way or another.
Her Action Skill, Phasetwist, summons a massive tornado that slows enemies and deals damage around it as well. Her first skill tree, Kiting, emphasizes crowd control abilities and various utility things for herself. Her second skill tree, Devastation, enhances her Elemental Powers, with the final perk giving her a flaming tornado. Her final skill tree, Restoration, makes her The Medic, increasing her healing and damage in combat simultaneously.
- All-Loving Hero: Holy crap, is she this. Always cheery, always polite, never yells or gets angry with anyone, and never holds a grudge. Even when given the opportunity to blow Suture's brains out because of his experiment of her for ten years she refused, as it "wasn't in her nature". Even after Dion's injuries, it's still hinted she is this.
- Badass Adorable: No denying this. Even though she is rather pacifistic in most of her interactions, you do not fuck with her when she gets serious, as Masher and Jackal Cash figured out the hard way. She can summon tornadoes for God's sake, and do it with a broad smile on her face.
- Badass Fingersnap: She summons her tornado like this, usually in the middle of a dramatic moment to boot.
- Children Are Innocent: Has no concept of sex at all, as she probably never took Sex-Ed, and doesn't fully understand sarcasm used against her.
- Cry Cute: When she gets rescued the first time by Dion and co. she bursts into tears when she realizes they really do care about her. Partially Tears of Joy and Tears of Remorse, as while she just learned she now had a family, she also realized she had been the one who abandoned them, and all she wants is to go back to "Mommy".
- Cute and Psycho: When she does get excited during her fights, she turns into this. A huge Slasher Smile, drops Cluster-F Bombs without pausing mid-sentence, and generally becoming downright terrifying to others around her. Thankfully, she does not use this side of her often, as she personally dislikes it.
- Cuteness Proximity: Damn near weaponized it. Gaige, Paula, Alan, Dion, Lilith, Vika Grieve, and even Wolfenstein either want to take her home with them, gush over her like doting parents, or just melt.
- Gag Boobs: Explicitly stated to have these on numerous occasions. Because Children Are Innocent, she doesn't really seem to care about this or ever comment on it, though others are quick to do so...
- Real Song Theme Tune: "We are broken" by Paramore. Describes her Broken Bird / Broken Messiah aspect of her personality, as well as her dependence on Dion for emotional stability.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves sweets with a passion, especially macaroons.
- Touched by Vorlons: Being a Siren, this is implied by their connections to the Eridians and the Vault. Her power involves summoning a huge tornado that slows and damages enemies.
His Action Skill, Rock and Roll, increases his Damage Reduction while super-charging his guns but sacrificing movement speed. His first skill tree, Metalcore, makes him a close-range Berserker style of combatant. His second skill tree, Death, increases his tanking abilities, adding even more Damage Reduction and healing abilities to Rock and Roll. His final skill tree, Nu, makes him into a pseudo-White Mage that can buff his allies and himself.
- Mad Artist: Less extreme than Paula for certain, but he still does believe that any fight he's in counts as a "symphony". He'll never let it be too obvious though, as he almost never indulges in Mad Laughter or Slasher Smiles, preferring a Perpetual Frowner, Tranquil Fury look instead.
- Musical Assassin: His guitars are his main Weapon of Choice, using a variety of abilities installed into each one. This includes an air-cannon, explosive-melee axe, a tactical apply-and-detonate gel thrower, and a stunning/executing guitar.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Adrenalize" by In This Moment. Describes a rockstar addicted to the fame and passion of their music and fans. Fitting.
- Tattoo as Character Type: Has two crimson tear-lines running down from his eyes, making him similar to Ulquiorra Cifer in appearance. He got these tattoos when he was critically ill and began bleeding from his eyes because of it. While he later got some Intimate Healing from Teresa Pangolin and survived, he tattooed them to his face to remember the time he spent with her.
His Action Skill, Inner Wolf, transforms him into his full wereskag form, making him gain high melee damage and health regeneration. His first skill tree, Beast, turns him into a Berserker with even more melee damage. His second skill tree, Combatant, increases his Gunslinging abilities, more specifically with pistols and sniper rifles. His final skill tree, Persistence, makes him a Lightning Bruiser with a massive Healing Factor.
- Blood Knight: Is a repressed one at that, as he himself admits mentally. During a good fight, such as the one he had with Nitro, he gains a Slasher Smile, with his Humanitarian traits turned Up to Eleven as he eats and slashes at his opponents.
- The Dreaded: When he really begins to fight, enemies begin to panic. Even Mir, a psychotic Mad God, was absolutely terrified of him when he was fighting him alone. It really says a lot that he is the one who gets this treatment the most out of all the Vault Hunters.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: His "fight" with Mortem. It's written with the same excruciating detail as a lemon, and twice as disturbing, mainly because we've never seen such a side of him before.
- Nerves of Steel: When faced with certain death, he usually only reacts with a snarl and a fast gunshot.
- Not So Stoic: During his backstory, he openly began to weep and scream to his mentor (possibly even father) to not die and fight him some more. On occasions, it becomes obvious that he is merely hiding behind an emotionless mask.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "The Night" by Disturbed. Describes his Blood Knight tendencies and hyper-violent fighting style that saves his teammates on more than a few occasions.
- Silver Fox: Like Saprus, he has grey hair. Unlike Saprus, his is more similar to salt-and-pepper and is far shorter, being a trimmed military buzz cut.
- The Stoic: Rarely has any facial expressions, and tends to speak at a very level voice. Lampshaded by the narrators, as one of his biggest attractive features is his quiet confidence.
- Tranquil Fury: His combat style primarily uses this. He rarely does anything more than an annoyed snarl, preferring a constant frown every time he fights.
His Action Skill, Plaque IX, fires a bolt of his disease to deal DPS to his enemies being very effective in this regard. His first skill tree, Reaper, gives him balanced gun abilities that improve his combat in general. His second skill tree, Pestilence, improves his disease's abilities and his Hollywood Acid powers. His final skill tree, Wraith, allows him a unique compontent called Ethereal that grants him Intangibility and several bonuses as well.
- Bishōnen: The most obvious example in this story, as numerous characters comment on his handsomeness and delicate looks. Even factoring in the grey hair and areas of rot around his eyes and temples, many consider him attractive in a Cute but Troubled way. He doesn't agree personally, but is flattered by the attention.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Has hair that goes past his shoulders, and is as grey as a metal curtain. It makes the ladies go crazy.
- Ill Boy: Coughs on occasion rather violently, making Taika and any other person dolt over him. It's his main charm point, as many find him cute when he does so, activating internal motherly instincts.
- Incurable Cough of Death: See above.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Broken" by Seether and Evanescence. Describes his feelings after losing his wife and the eternal pit of sadness that resulted from it.
- Ship Tease: With Taika. Finally, they hooked up in the third DLC.
- Silver Fox: Remarkably handsome, with hair as grey as steel. Not to mention polite, caring, and handsome.
- Walking Wasteland: His disease makes him one. Everything around him will rot and decay like gaseous acid, as it has been compared to, and he can't do anything to stop it except contain it in a specially designed suit. Taking certain medications, however, can enable him to take off the suit and walk normally, which he tends to do outside of his combat duties.
- Wine Is Classy: Drinks wine frequently during his recreational periods, and it's even listed as his favorite food. All to make him appear more refined and older than everyone else.
His Action Skill, Plasma Rage, turns him into a laser-shooting Lightning Bruiser with massive regeneration. His first skill tree, Malice, enables the usage of Malice stacks to increase his combat abilities for a short while. His second skill tree, Destruction, improves his Elemental Powers with guns and Plasma Rage, turning him into a DPS machine. His final skill tree, Insanity, improves his tanking and regeneration abilities to Combat Sadomasochist levels, as he becomes more powerful the lower his health is.
- Blood Knight: One of the more obvious examples in the story, as his Titan genetics make him more vulnerable to violence. Unlike most, he appears externally angry most of the time, shouting at the top of his lungs and roaring in rage during his battles.
- Celibate Hero: Despises romance and Fanservice, most likely out of child-like embarrassment. Gets better after staring his relationship with Aurai, bordering on Sickeningly Sweethearts with her, much to his teammates' chagrin.
- Cute Bruiser: Hates being called this, but several people all agree that he is one.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: When he gets in melee range, this is all he uses.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has many Berserk Buttons, to the point where he developed the aforementioned trope. The list includes:
- Healing Factor / Good Thing You Can Heal: Due to his high regeneration, he is frequently up-front in the group and taking the shots. Almost always he makes it through without even sinking to a knee, a testament to his Titan vitality.
- Subverted during his second encounter with Jackal Cash, as he became Half the Man He Used to Be and is still undergoing recovery in the hospital.
- Lightning Bruiser: Moves remarkably fast due to his small size, takes a ton of damage, and dishes out just as much in turn to his enemies. Probably one of the best heroic examples in the story.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever he gets caught in Marshmallow Hell by Tina or anything similar, he gets one of these. He isn't proud of it either.
- Man in White: Wears an all-white jumpsuit with padding over various parts.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: He's five feet tall (155 cm), but he's one of the physically strongest members of the Vault Hunters. He hits like a ton of bricks with his fists, amplified by his plasma abilities, and is apparently Made of Iron judging by his injuries.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Fight Inside" by Red. Describes his internal struggle to deal with his emotions, more specially his anger, and how difficult it is for him to accomplish. Also describes his dependence on Aurai, as she calms him down significantly just by her presence.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Amusingly, him and Aurai turn into this later. His team is notably annoyed by this, though only Alan calls them out on this.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Has little in the way of tactics or firearms, but is frighteningly effective in hand-to-hand combat.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright lime green actually.
- Gadgeteer Genius: His main hat, as he invented the Combat Clone system that he uses in combat. He even upgrades it through his skill trees, his upgrades being one of the more visible signs of the characters leveling up.
- Genius Bruiser: Is exceptionally good in a fight with his guns, and can outsmart most opponents in tactics.
- The Leader: Outright was the first leader of the Vault Hunter team during the initial story, though later handed the title to Wolfenstein during the latter's return in the second DLC. Shares traits with the Mastermind, Levelheaded, and Charismatic, though mostly the first one due to his IQ.
- Token Minority: Is the only black guy in the 3rd generation. Subverted, due to the fact that Ningyo is probably some kind of Asian, Aurai, Suture, Dion and Hemera are all Titans/Sirens and Mortem and Alan aren't even fully human.
His Action Skill, Siege Charge, adds 3 Siege Counters that he can use to heal his teammates over time or deal DPS to enemies. His first skill tree, Physican, adds even more healing abilities as well as support. His second skill tree, Sniper, adds sniping abilities, from simple damage bonuses to Improbable Aiming Skills to his arsenal. His final skill tree, Technical Pacifism, allows him to deal more DPS to his enemies, adding different Elemental Powers to his Siege Counters as well.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When he wants to kill you, he will kill you. Daedalus figured that out the hard way.
- Meaningful Name: Both of his names are from famous snipers (Simo Hayha and Carlos Hathcock). Hell, even his nickname Red Death is just a reword of Simo Hayha's nickname White Death.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: His nickname is Red Death. One wonders how he could've gotten such a nickname, and why it got so infamous.
- Nice Guy: One of the few straight examples, with no Deadpan Snarker or Aloof Big Brother traits to counter this.
- Tranquil Fury: Daedalus brought this out of him. It seems to be the reason why he's named Red Death, as he killed his opponent effortlessly when he got this far.
Her Action Skill, Illusion Shatter, constantly creates illusions around her that distract the enemy but deal no damage at all, but with a button press she can turn them into Action Bombs that deal more damage the more Counters were used up. Her first skill tree, Mirage, causes her Illusion Shatter and regular combat to turn into Confusion Fu, disorienting her enemies and making it harder for them to hurt her or her teammates. Her second skill tree, Caustic, grants significant bonuses for being corroded with acid, mostly surrounding the usage of said acid in her Elemental weapons. Her final skill tree, Avoidance, increases her Deflector Shields property to its maximum levels, at the cost of Self-Harm imposed through its health costs.
- The Stoner: Implied by her quotes, hobbies, and theme song. Now completely confirmed. Her introductory chapter was even titled Blaze It.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Addictive" by Royal Republic. Describes an obsessive relationship with either a significant other or some kind of drug, both of which would likely fit her personality (if only we knew it).
His Action Skill, Evil Angel, gives him wings and turns him into a Lightning Bruiser, with more gun damage, melee damage and movement speed. His first skill tree, Holy, taps into his White Mage side and adds several utility abilities as well. His second skill tree, Inquisitor, turns him into a Jack-of-All-Stats with several gun techniques and abilities for general combat. His final skill tree, Zealot, lets him get within melee range berserker style and tear his enemies apart, dealing insane damage to them with ease.
- Bayonet Ya: His prime weapons of fighting within melee range. Are nearly a foot long and can be used for swordfighting.
- Black Knight: Being a Grave Knight is a lot like this. The only reason he got kicked out was a misunderstanding from his master Grave Lord Arlon, falsely accusing him of treason and exiling him. Alan is still sore about this, though he doesn't appear to want to go back.
- Church Militant: The Church of Mercy appears to be like this, and Alan was once a priest there, so...
- The Gadfly: Loves screwing with other people, from stealing Gaige's bras while she's sleeping to assembling a huge hand to smack people with straight out of Jackass. Gaige seems to be his main target, though anyone is susceptible to this.
- Knight Templar: Zig-zagged. He will hunt a "heathen" without mercy or pity, though his definition of a heathen so far has remained ambiguous. He's only called a few people that, so it's likely he is just using the term as a term alone.
- Shown Their Work: Actually quotes Bible verses correctly (for the most part, all verses vary upon translation anyway) while in combat or not.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: His language is atrocious, even compared to other Vault Hunters, though he gets better as the story goes on. Not by much, but still better.
Her Action Skill, Raise Dead, create undead zombies that fight for her, all of the skill trees being impacted by the number of minions she summons. Her first skill tree, White Mage, is Exactly What It Says on the Tin, giving her healing and buffs. Her second skill tree, Minion Master, makes her into Stone Wall and Gradual Grinder. Her final skill tree, Warlock, increases her Elemental Powers and utility abilities in combat.
- The Alcoholic: Can drink more than any other person in the story, capping in at over '900' beers without passing out. They say it has something to do with being immortal, but Suture didn't even want to begin opening that can of worms.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: How lovable is up to debate, but the girl does not hide her attraction to Wolfenstein or others. Her quotes make this even more obvious, flirting with Dion, Saprus, and Aurai.
- Really 700 Years Old: She was turned into a Grave Knight as a teenager, and that was a long time ago. It was so far she even became sexually active despite her young body.
His Action Skill, Cannon Shot, fires a huge blast of air pressure to throw his enemies back and stun them, all while dealing massive damage. His first skill tree, Assault, enables Destruction stacks that amplify his Cannon Shot ability, making it deal more damage per stack and capable of intense burst damage. His second skill tree, Tactics, increases his ammo to Bottomless Magazines size and allows for more usage of Cannon Shot for strategic purposes. His final skill tree, Courage, turns him into a Deflector Shields tank capable of taking a ton of damage and get back to full shields faster.
- An Arm and a Leg: Both his right arm and leg have been replaced by metallic prosthetic. No details have been given to why, but it could be literally anything considering his shady past.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Turns out to be his real personality. He uses The Stoic as a guise so others do not underestimate him.
- The Captain: Leads a pirate crew known as the Lowe Pirates, most likely after his own last name.
- Dressed to Plunder: Averted for the most part, with only the bandana part still being a component of his outfit.
- Gentle Giant: When Aurai pumps into him and spills ice cream on his metal leg, he calmly apologizes (despite it not being his fault) and gives her money to buy even more ice cream than she had originally. He's also the tallest Vault Hunter at 7' 6", or 195 centimeters.
- Meaningful Name: Named after two famous pirates (Bartholomew Roberts and Edward Lowe respectively).
- Real Song Theme Tune: "You Are A Pirate" by Alestorm. Pretty much Exactly What It Says on the Tin, a song about how he is a pirate.
Her Action Skill, Roosevelt, summons a digitally constructed wyvern that shoots laser beams and flies around in her defense. Her first skill tree, Beast Proficiency, adds bonuses to Roosevelt and tunring her into The Beastmaster. Her second skill tree, Critical, increases her sniping abilities, adding poison, bullet reflections, and more critical hit damage. Her final skill tree, Intuition, is to turn her into a Jack-of-All-Stats meant to survive long fights, making her far more sustainable while solo.
- Deadpan Snarker: Even compared to Baldemar, she is this. She loves commenting on how utterly stupid her teammates' actions are, though she'll just as soon praise them for their efforts.
- Friendly Sniper: A fairly good example, considering how she's almost the Team Mom among the first group.
- Good Bad Girl: Discusses her sexual interests to others freely, and makes little effort to hide it. Granted, around Wolfenstein and Saprus, she obtains a Crush Blush and even Violently Protective Girlfriend traits when Saprus is involved.
- Lady of War: Despite being a rugged outdoorswoman and sniper, she has this personality. Very calm and graceful, though still has her emotional reactions at certain points.
- Ship Tease: With Saprus. Finally, they hooked up in the third DLC.
- Team Mom: When blows come to blows, she's usually the one who tries to sort it out among the team. She's Not So Above It All though, as she gets mad on occasions as well.
His Action Skill, Blood Rage, makes him use Bloody Murder powers Cast from Hit Points alongside a massive Healing Factor. His first skill tree, Butchery, turns him into a surrogate Glass Cannon, dealing more damage and decreasing his defenses. His second skill tree, Medicine, improves his healing powers and team buffing abilities, turning him into a White Mage of sorts. His final skill tree, Frankenstein, causes him to electrocute himself constantly to gain significant power bonuses, making him a sort-of Combat Sadomasochist.
- Bloody Murder: Uses his blood as bullets, blades, and even miniature bombs to some extent, making him remarkably similar to numerous characters from Deadman Wonderland.
- Expy: With his Bloody Murder powers, he is very close to characters from Deadman Wonderland, though his personality is more similar to Doctor Franken Stein from Soul Eater.
- His obsession with chocolate also resembles L Lawliet's obsession with sweets, combined with their socially-awkward tendencies and odd mannerisms.
- Mad Doctor: Directly called a doctor, but notorious for being utterly insane when he begins cutting with his scalpel. Slightly subverted when he reveals he feels guilt for what he did to Aurai, as most Mad Doctors have little to no sympathy to their victims.
- Mad Scientist: Comes with being an experimental surgeon and doctor. After all, he experimented on Aurai just because he could, with little justification to doing so. Subverted like Mad Doctor above, with his guilt towards his actions making him appear more humane.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Bleeds gallons of blood during his techniques, as his main power uses blood as a weapon. Of course, being a Titan also helps with his ability to generate so much blood so easily, especially being the Blood Titan.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Institutionalized" by SuicidalTendencies. Describes his violent and eccentric insanity and how much he denies it.
- The Stoic: Dear Lord, he's almost as bad as Wolfenstein. Unlike Wolfenstein, the story takes great efforts to expose that he's simply a very emotional man with No Social Skills. His heartfelt confession to Aurai and genuine affection to Nurse Katelyn are the most obvious examples.
- They Call Him "Sword": Sutures are stitches used after surgery to keep damaged tissue together. While not technically a weapon, Suture does make usage of these quite often, especially if the scars on his body are anything to go by.
His Action Skill, Puppet Master, uses strings to control an enemy for a limited time, making him an effective Marionette Master. His first skill tree, Influence, adds White Mage style benefits to controlling his teammates. His second skill tree, Marionettes, increases crowd control abilities and Puppet Master. His final skill tree, Rogue, enables the usage of Shealth stacks, which increase evasiveness (decreases enemy aggro) and melee damage, and only goes away when firing a gun, making him a Stealth Expert Ninja.
- Artificial Limbs: His hands are made of metal and allow him to wield his Razor Floss that can control other people.
- Ambiguously Gay / Bi the Way: Makes a joke about how he did oral with a black guy (to explain why he can hold his breath for five minutes). His quotes don't help him much either, and the people he wishes to fight in his character information are all male.
- Marionette Master: His tool of the trade uses this, being able to control his enemies for a limited time to fight on his side.
- Ninja: Wears an all black jumpsuit and sneaks through the shadows to smash peoples' heads in with any melee weapon he can find. Of course, his outfit is also Stripperiffic, though that's to be expected out of him.
- Razor Floss: Implied through his perks, as certain perks can add damage to applying and releasing his strings from targets.
Her Action Skill, Phasesprint, increasing her movement speed tremendously while also causing her to deal damage to those around her, as well as making her completely invulnerable. Her first skill tree, Renegade, makes her a close-range Berserker style of combatant and increasing her movement speed. Her second skill tree, Adrenaline, enables the usage of Adrenaline stacks, increasing weapon fire rate for a brief period of time upon dealing damage, as well as adding various bonuses to her gun abilities. Her final skill tree, Supernatural, uses Elemental Powers to their fullest extent, also adding bonus to her unique Light Damage, which cannot be resisted but is not super-effective.
- Deadpan Snarker: Possibly the number one example now, as she doesn't pull any punches with her words.
- Jerkass: Implied through her quotes. Now confirmed in the story.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Nobody Likes Me" by Deuce. Exactly What It Says on the Tin, a song about how other people don't like her and how they can go to Hell.
- Super Speed: Being the Light Siren, she literally moves at the speed of light. She could probably give Nitro a run for his money.
- Touched by Vorlons: Being a Siren, this is implied by their connections to the Eridians and the Vault. Her power involves making herself invincible and dealing damage to those around her constantly.