Back to the main index here.
So this is the subsection for people living and/or working in the Unnamed University town of Roommates.
Pets, Friends & Family who happen to live around currently
- Just in Time: She has a gift for awkwardly bumping into James.
- Modeled after Helena Bonham Carter.
- Fashion Dissonance: She has a distinctly dated fashion sense.
- Canon: Les Misérables
- Affectionate Nickname: She is 'Pony for her boyfriend.
- Cool Hat: She has her trademark beret.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in Latin: She thinks that her boyfriend using words of Latin origin (like: curriculum and charisma) sounds hot. What can we say; she is French.
- The Glomp: She tends to do this to James a lot.
- Manipulative Bitch: Her canon and there are people here who remember.
- Canon: Harry Potter
- Instant Messenger Pigeon: Not a pigeon but serves the same purpose.
- Canon: Roommates
- Arranged Marriage: Her first marriage was this kind.
- Cool Old Lady: Flirts with Fair Folk, gives candle talks, knows all and dares all! And still can appear as the proper Irish lady.
- Covert Pervert: Just read her Shovel Talk (mostly the part about the young couple's activities she doesn't want to know about, but in her opinion doubtless exist), or check the 2011 holiday special even if her unique take on Under the Mistletoe kiss has some distinct trolling vibes. Yes. It seems like this runs in the family.
- Functional Genre Savvy: She deduced Mr. King's nationality just through Genre Savvyness. (OK. Being Irish and knowing a bit about Celtic Mythology probably also helped).
- She also knows just what weapon to give Eponine before the girl enters the Underground: a Cold Iron nail, which Mrs. N knows will stop any fae attacking her son's girlfriend quite easily.
- The Gadfly: She has a lot of fun messing with people. (Ashe outright calls her a Troll)
- In-Series Nickname: She is Mrs. N. for the courageous.
- Interspecies Romance: Bordering on Did You Just Romance Cthulhu? or Divine Date, depending on what we think about the guy's (The Erlkönig) Eldrichness or Divineness and if we think about where he is featured.
- Last-Name Basis: To the extent that it took a while to even learn what her first name was.
- Non-Human Lover Reveal: Subverted. Lord King didn't even intend to reveal himself, but she figured out the guy quickly, and decided to go with the flow... basically trolling him back.
- O.C. Stand-in: The other characters react with shock and pity when they find out.
- Open-Minded Parent: Much more so than her son expected. She watched his movies, amongst other things.
- Prim and Proper Bun: She wears her hair in one accentuating her Proper Lady image.
- Silk Hiding Steel: She looks and acts like a Proper Lady but she is much more daring, witty and aware than most people would think (this includes the guy... man... person she flirts with).
- Badass in a Nice Suit / Badass Normal: Now joining a weird World of Badass.
- Genre Savvy: His thoughts on being canonically dead: "I should have figured. Whedon does like to break his toys."
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Even being canonically dead didn't break his fan behavior... or could part him from his Captain America trading card collection.
The Saint Jude University
The Extranormal Institute where most of the cast works and studies. Jamie teaches history, Erik teaches music, Javert is on security staff etc. (Trivia: Saint Jude is the Patron Saint of lost causes and desperate situations, amongst others.)
- Canon: Tolkien's Legendarium
- Admiring the Abomination: Wow. Zombies!
- Blah, Blah, Blah: Science-Science Fiction-Fiction (Technobabble in the middle of a fight scene isn't as appreciated as it used to be.)
- Buffy Speak: He routinely uses words like "stuff", "thingamabog" etc..
- Iconic Item: He has both the Sonic Screwdriver and the TARDIS.
- Mr. Exposition: He is the proud owner of the second biggest Wall of Text of exposition in the whole series.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He has his moments.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: Which doesn't stops him to do "Still Dead Check"s.
- The Pollyanna: He is insufferably cheerful. Even in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Canon: Hairspray
- Really 700 Years Old: He is several hundred years old, but looks like an older teen.
- Old Shame: Averted. He doesn't care if anyone thinks his movie stunt work diminishes his "theatre cred".
- Nice Guy: His canon. His bedside manner is definitely better than House's to be sure.
- Canon: Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Boyish Short Hair: Like in the movie, it's one of her iconic traits (though it's easier to make out here).
- Brutal Honesty: She doesn't mince words with Tracy about how she did on her driving test.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": "Imperator" is treated as her first name, probably so she doesn't just have Only One Name.
- Canon: Welcome to Night Vale
- The Faceless: His face isn't shown in his first appearance, possibly as a nod to being a character from a podcast show.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Tony really likes that he says "Thank you", unlike Nick Fury.
"Killed for canon" support group
Tropaholics Anonymous group where the living-impaired can go. Javert, James, and Nathan visit it regularly... Erik too, when they can make him. Phil also joins the group later.
- Canon: The Sandman
- Chekhov's Gunman: She does a lot more than moderating the group in Kings War.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: She will even let you say goodbye.
- Psychopomp: One of the Death avatars around.
- Canon: Buildingverse
- Audience Surrogate: She has the job all the readers want.