Back to the main index here.
These would be the people just visiting or being other ways just vaguely connected to the main setting of Roommates.
Friends and family out of town
- Canon: The Last Unicorn
- Canon: Labyrinth
- Curiosity Is a Crapshoot: He is a curious child... this doesn't always go well, especially when the Living Words push him.
- Fae Magnet: His Changeling Tale was subverted, because he got "saved". But is there any other child in fiction who almost got taken by The Fair Folk twice?
- Nervous Wreck: Well, Jareth did his best to avert this, but the Erlkönig's visit left its mark.
- Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome: He is inexplicably five or so years older than in his movie was (probably so he can get into trouble all on his own now).
- Canon: Thor
- Canon: Pirates of the Caribbean
- Abusive Parents: He is still the bane of his son's existence and source of most of his emotional problems. He told James in canon that he should better have drowned than be saved by a pirate.
- Posthumous Character: The guy is dead. In a comic where Nobody Can Die.
- The Scrappy: Why he is Deader Than Dead in-universe. We hate his guts, and every info / flashback about him makes the fans loathe him more.
- Canon: Tolkien's Legendarium
Organizations and such
- Canon: Cabin Pressure
- The Faceless: All of them. This is a deliberate style choice to stress that these characters are from radio, so because of the limitations of their original medium were The Voice.
- Changeling Tale: Apparently his dad tried to wish him away to Jareth.
- Wall of Blather: He flooded a whole panel with it.
- Actor Allusion: The characters in universe have this reaction to him, and conclude "It's Roger Allam!". (The guy even played Javert at one point. Yeah. No Celebrity Paradox around there.)
Erik's Internet Science ClubSo yes. The people from Erik's Gadgeteer Genius / Mad Scientist club on the Internet. For Science!
- Advice Backfire: Don't take his! It will lead to unexpected spending or property damage.
- Eccentric Millionaire: When he renovated the main cast's apartments , after thanks to him the Readings Blew Up the Scale and the whole floor, he forgot this tiny detail... and that they have a recovering alcoholic. (Yes. He made all four main cast members Roommates opposed to the former two people in one apartment / professional Drop In Characters arrangement.)
- Mad Scientist: You need proof? He used For Science! two times in one speech bubble.
- He says it again when he and Erik blow up Erik and Jareth's apartment.
The Invasions and Outings
Of Jareth (David Bowie):
- Canon: The Prestige
- Canon: Wicked
- Fantastic Racism: Well, she IS green.
- Canon: The Dark Crystal
Captain Jack Harkness
- Canon: Torchwood
- Even the Guys Want Him: Subverted but both James and Erik counted on it.
Professional zombie hunters:
- Canon: Zombieland
- Friend to All Children: See Heartwarming subpage.
- Heartbroken Badass: The series' biggest Tear Jerker when we find this out (or you could just watch Zombieland).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Weapon of Choice: Lever action rifle.
- Canon: Evil Dead
- Canon: Tolkien's Legendarium
Not here: Legolas because he lives in the Building #42 and Thranduil because he is under Friends and Family on this page.
- Cuteness Proximity: He is illegally cute.
- Canon: Land of Oz
Going on a vacation can be hazardous... they ended up in Oz. Also Kings War had some interaction with this realm. Glinda is under Magical Community because she is a Conclave member.
- Threshold Guardians: Not an effective one but still. Poor guy. He wasn't prepared for such visitors.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Originally side character, returns in Kings War as a villain.
- It Was with You All Along: He is the one, who tells the cast that the way home is: Asking Jareth! To make matters clearer, someone needs to wish them back using the Right Words... that Jareth can't tell, but the Wizard knows.
- Magic Feather: Subverted. He tries to give the cast the customary "gifts" but they are quite unimpressed.
- The Man Behind the Curtain: Still the humbug hopelessly outclassed by the whole main cast.
- Phony Psychic: Oh boy. Not only because the guy was a phony wizard, but also he is the cold reader and manipulator of the Ozian army later. He is no match for Erik.
- You Don't Look Like You: He got a significant redesign in Kings War. This was even lampshaded by Erik.
- Calling the Old Man Out: She doesn't take shit from Glinda.
- Pop-Cultural OZmosis Failure: Canonically she was always (since book two) part of the Oz stories... but ask anybody if they know about her. In-universe this even gets a nice lampshade by James pointing out that he misses some important subtext, and Ariel telling him not to worry about it. Out of universe just count all the "Who is Ozma?" comments on that page.
- Princesses Rule: She is the true ruler of Oz.
- Spear Carrier: Her part is the calling out at the end of Kings War.
- Canon: Real Life
(Yeah. The creator is a character too.)
- Ambiguous Gender: His/her Author Avatar. The Artist goes so far to ignore the guesses... the fans stand mostly on the "who cares?" side.
- Author Avatar: (S)he got magic sneezed into the comic once... she didn't stay long. See also Genre Savvy.
- Cryptic Conversation: (S)he tends to answer reader questions this way. Maybe because (s)he doesn't want to spoil or influence the Epileptic Tree planting. (S)he also posted some rather cryptic polls (Q: "When?" A: "Sooner" / "Later") with no further explanation.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: At least (s)he isn't perfectly protected as Crowley occasionally steals his/her beer.
- Genre Savvy: Averted Rage Against the Author by running before the characters realized who (s)he is.
- Third-Person Person: Occasionally switches to this in The Artist comments.
- Canon: Real Life
Mystery (sidestory)A Halloween costume party which gets derailed by a Murder Mystery.
- Canon: Discworld
- Canon: Avenue Q
- Big Bad: Of the arc.
Der Erlkönig (sidestory)
- nAuthorPowers: Did it happen because he wrote it or did he wrote it because it happened?
Devious Gingers (Show Within a Show)
- Modeled after (in universe played by?): Benedict Cumberbatch
- Modeled after (in universe played by?): Tom Hiddleston
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With/To Benny... guess who has all the links (and video) to the memetic squeeing.
- Modeled after (in universe played by?): David Tennant
- Token Minority: He "is still not a ginger, but we love him anyway."