Roger William Allam (born 26 October 1953) is an English actor.
He has been a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company since 1981, where he played roles such as Mercutio, and more recently Falstaff, a part which won him an Olivier Award. Made his name as the original Inspector Javert in Les Misérables, he has since appeared numerous times in film and television, often as Deadpan Snarker or the Only Sane Man.
- Ashes to Ashes (2008): Detective Superintendent Mackintosh
- Cabin Pressure: First Officer Douglas Richardson
- The Creatives: Charlie Bentley
- Endeavour: Detective Inspector Fred Thursday
- Game of Thrones: Magister Illyrio
- Henry IV: Falstaff.
- Les Misérables: Inspector Javert
- Tamara Drewe: Nicholas Hardiment
- The Iron Lady: Gordon Reece
- Parade's End: General Campion
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Henry Pelham
- The Queen: Robin Janvrin
- Speed Racer: Royalton
- The Thick of It: Peter Mannion
- V for Vendetta: Lewis Prothero
- The Woman in Black: Mr Bentley
- Sarah & Duck: Narrator
- Doing It for the Art: He quit his role in Les Miserables (which by then had become a huge hit) to appear in a small-scale Arthur Miller production.
- Large Ham: Mostly in his villainous roles, such as Lewis Prothero in V for Vendetta and Royalton in the Speed Racer movie.
- One-Scene Wonder: Quite frequently.
- Only Sane Man: In his comedy roles, such as Cabin Pressure or The Thick of It.