Roger William Allam (born 26 October 1953 in London, England) is an English actor.
He has been a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company since 1981, where he played roles such as Mercutio, and more recently Falstaff, a part which won him an Olivier Award. Made his name as the original Inspector Javert in Les Misérables, he has since appeared numerous times in film and television, often as Deadpan Snarker or the Only Sane Man.
- Ashes to Ashes: Detective Superintendent Mackintosh
- Cabin Pressure: First Officer Douglas Richardson
- Conversations From A Long Marriage: Roger
- The Creatives: Charlie Bentley
- Endeavour: Detective Inspector Fred Thursday
- Game of Thrones: Magister Illyrio
- Henry IV: Falstaff.
- The Iron Lady: Gordon Reece
- Les Misérables: Inspector Javert
- Parade's End: General Campion
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Henry Pelham
- The Queen: Robin Janvrin
- The Sandman: Azazel
- Sarah & Duck: Narrator
- Speed Racer: Royalton
- Tamara Drewe: Nicholas Hardiment
- The Thick of It: Peter Mannion
- V for Vendetta: Lewis Prothero
- The Woman in Black: Mr Bentley
- Badass Baritone: Trained as an opera singer for a time, and has shown off his singing voice onstage a number of times.
- Doing It for the Art: He quit his role in Les Miserables (which by then had become a huge hit) to appear in a small-scale Arthur Miller production.
- Large Ham: Mostly in his villainous roles, such as Lewis Prothero in V for Vendetta and Royalton in the Speed Racer movie.
- One-Scene Wonder: Quite frequently.
- Only Sane Man: In his comedy roles, such as Cabin Pressure or The Thick of It.