So. You got yourself onto Chris Evans' page.
Christopher Robert Evans (born June 13, 1981) is an American actor.
Evans was initially known for playing "smart aleck" and "pretty boy" types, including the desperate everyman protagonist Ryan in Cellular, Johnny Storm a.k.a. The Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies, "Harvard Hottie" in The Nanny Diaries, and Jake Wyler ("The Popular Jock") in Not Another Teen Movie.
Though he's never shied away from more serious roles (Sunshine, Push, London, Fierce People, The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond), it was still a great surprise to the mainstream public when Marvel announced Evans as their choice to play the straitlaced and serious-minded Captain America in their Marvel Cinematic Universe. Of course, despite Playing Against Type, he made a splash on Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (particularly the lattermost; as Honest Trailers put it, "Who knew Captain America was so cool?!").
Off the success of these films, Evans practically became the MCU's answer to Christopher Reeve, growing inextricably associated with his character in ways aided by the fact that his occasional measured-but-outspoken interventions on matters of politics and social justice are pretty in-character for Captain America. In other words, he developed a whole new acting "type". As a result, he perhaps felt the need to start Playing Against Type again, which he did by becoming the psychopathic hitman Mr. Freezy in The Iceman and the gritty Anti-Hero Curtis in Snowpiercer in 2013. In 2014, he made his directorial debut with the romantic-comedy film Before We Go. He confirmed in a profile for The Hollywood Reporterís April 2019 issue that Avengers: Endgame would be his last time playing Rogers.
Not to be confused with the British DJ and TV presenter who was married to Billie Piper, nor with fellow MCU Chrises Hemsworth and Pratt. He is the older brother of actor Scott Evans; no relation to Welsh actor Luke Evans. His is also the nephew of former Massachusetts congressman Mike Capuano.
Between playing Captain America, Johnny Storm, Lucas Lee in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Jensen in The Losers, Casey Jones in TMNT and Curtis in Snowpiercer,note Evans has perhaps portrayed the largest amount of distinct characters in comic book film adaptations.
- Opposite Sex (2000) as Cary Baston
- Not Another Teen Movie (2001) as Jake Wyler
- The Perfect Score (2004) as Kyle
- Cellular (2004) as Ryan
- Fantastic Four (2005) as Johnny Storm / Human Torch
- The Nanny Diaries (2007) as Harvard Hottie
- TMNT (2007) as Casey Jones (voice)
- Sunshine (2007) as Robert Mace
- Battle for Terra (2007) as Stewart Stanton
- Fierce People (2008) as Bryce Langley
- Street Kings (2008) as Det. Paul Diskant
- Push (2009) as Nick Grant
- The Losers (2010) as Jake Jensen
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2010) as Lucas Lee
- Marvel Cinematic Universe as Capt. Steven "Steve" Rogers / Captain America:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013, cameo as Loki pretending to be Captain America)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015, stinger)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017, cameo and stinger)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019, stinger)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- What's Your Number? (2011) as Colin Shea
- The Iceman (2012) as Robert "Mr. Freezy" Pronge
- Snowpiercer (2014) as Curtis Everett
- Before We Go (2014) as Nick Vaughan note
- Playing It Cool (2015) as Me
- Gifted (2017) as Frank Adler
- Knives Out (2019) as Hugh Ransom Drysdale-Thrombey
- Defending Jacob (2020) as Andy Barber
- Free Guy (2021) as himself
- Lightyear (2022) as Buzz Lightyear (voice)
- The Gray Man (2022) as Lloyd Hansen
- Ghosted (2023) as Cole Riggan
Tropes & Trivia about his works:
- Those Two Actors: He's starred alongside Ana de Armas three times — Knives Out, The Gray Man and Ghosted.