- Action Girl: You can select female fighters like She-Hulk, Gamora, Mystique, Kamala Khan etc.
- Herd-Hitting Attack: Most characters have abilities that can hit the entire enemy team (i.e. Black Panther, Beast, Thor, Kamala Khan, She-Hulk etc)
- Power Equals Rarity: They are much stronger than the two star counterpart, as best demonstrated by Daken, Storm, Thor, and Steve Rogers.
Hank Mccoy was born with unusually large hands and feet - along with an incredible intelligence and curiosity. When Professor Charles Xavier offered him a place with his X-Men, he welcomed it and became the team's chief doctor and scientist as Beast.
- Badass Bookworm: Mutagenic Breakthrough demonstrates the scientific knowledge Beast has with Countdown Tiles that can create Attack, Protect, and Strike Tiles.
- Combat Medic: Beast can rejuvenate his teammates with his Medical Marvel ability.
- Genius Bruiser: Don't let the Animal Inside of Beast fool you, because Hank is a certified Ph.D. professor too.
Black Panther (T'Challa)
After becoming chief of the Panther Tribe and king of Wakanda, Man Without Fear assumed the traditional title of Black Panther.Through the consumption of a unique herb and a link to the Panther God, his physical ability is greatly enhanced. This gift, combined with a brilliant mind and access to amazing Wakandan technology, make Man Without Fear a powerful ally and daunting opponent.
Black Widow (Grey Suit)
The Russian equivalent of Captain America's Super Soldier Serum enhanced Black Widow's agility, strength, and endurance. An expert marksman and master tactician, she has led the Avengers into battle on multiple occasions.
- Action Girl: Black Widow can fight on par with Captain America thanks to the Russian Super Solder Serum.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Not only can her Sniper Rifle destroy all tiles in a cursor-formation, she can also damage the entire enemy team.
- Cold Sniper: She will annihilate the target and the tiles in a cursor-shaped destruction with her Sniper Rifle.
- Genius Bruiser: Three star Black Widow is a hell of a bruiser. Her moves are completely changed, but in this form she's an exceptional powerhouse. Her purple will now convert chosen tiles to green, witch, in addition to some controlled board clearing by placing them in the right spots, converts purple to green AP to power her sniper rifle, an exceptionally powerful and expensive ability that deals an absurd amount of damage and clears a high number of tiles on the board, and at max damage deals damage to the full enemy team with each shot. Her red ability to pull out a pistol and clear small parts of the board is very useful, even if it's overshadowed by her sniper rifle ability, as it can take out key targets, such as dangerous enemy owned countdown or defense tiles, without using a turn as the hood's twin pistols would.
As Eric Brooks was being born, a vampire killed his mother. The attack gave him the strengths of the monster but left him with his humanity.
Nearly a century later, Eric's hatred of the dark forces that destroyed his family still drives him as the vampire slayer, Blade.
- Daywalking Vampire: Blade as a half-vampire lets him walk into the sunlight without harm.
- Horror Hunger: Blade creates Strike Tiles by suppressing his vampiric appetite thanks to his passive ability The Thirst.
- Mana Drain: His Nightstalker ability creates a Countdown tile that drains the enemy's strongest AP once per turn.
- Vampire Hunter: Ironic how he is hunting down monsters that made him who he is today.
- Weapon of Choice: Blade attacks with a sword in his hand.
Bullseye's professional reputation as an assassin for hire has never recovered from his failure to kill Daredevil. And Daredevil has never recovered from the revenge Bulleseye inflicted in response.
- Abnormal Ammo: Bullseye's Lethal Improvisation changes special tiles to basic ones, and does damage to the enemy.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Deadly Precision destroys any selected tiles in any order you want.
- Professional Killer: If Bullseye downs an enemy, his Contract Killer power creates strike tiles.
Captain Marvel (Modern)
After an alien device exploded, melding her genetic make-up with that of the Kree hero Mar-Vell, US Air-Force Captain Carol Danvers used her new-found abilities to fight for justice as Captain Marvel!
Captain Marvel spent time touring the stars with the X-Men, eventually becoming a member of The Avengers, where her energy manipulation powers, military mind and love of a good fight make her the equal of any of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Physically powerful but with a gentle heart, Piotr Rasputin only ever wanted a peaceful, honest life as an artist. His unique mutant ability to transform his flesh into organic steel led to his induction into the X-Men, and he vowed that he would use his powers for the betterment of all human and mutant-kind.
- Declaration of Protection: His Immovable Object creates a yellow Countdown Tile that automatically moves him in front to protect his teammate from any incoming attack.
- Extra Oredinary: His organic steel skin helps him take the team's damage and reduce it with his Immovable Object ability.
- Fastball Special: Just like the name of his black ability, he tosses one teammate into an airborne state.
- Megaton Punch: Colossal Punch deals bonus damage if Colossus stands in the front.
Scott Summers has been through a lot. He was the leader of the X-Men for most of his life. He was host to the Phoenix Force. He ruled the world.
Now he's founded the New Charles Xavier School and is leading the Mutant Revolution.
- Knight Templar: This Cyclops has turned Mutant Revolutionary, and uses his rhetoric to turn team-up tiles to red ones.
- Optic Blast: That's the name of his red ability, and it can destroy a row of tiles when activated.
- Up to Eleven: Full Blast utterly decimates the enemy team, but stuns Cyclops afterwards.
With his mutant healing factor, heightened senses and retractable claws, Daken is clearly his father's son.Saved from his dying mother's womb, killer of his adoptive family, and addicted to the hallucinogenic drug Heat... This apple has fallen far from the tree.
Matthew Murdock grew up in the rough-and-tumble neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen. Blinded by radioactive waste while saving a man's life, his other senses improved to superhuman level.After the senseless murder of his father, Murdock devised a new identity with which to track down and punish his killers. Daredevil prowls the city streets, protecting the innocent, and terrifying those that would do evil.
- Danger Sense: Radar Sense allows Matt to eliminate enemy-owned tiles.
- Handicapped Badass: Do not underestimate Daredevil for his lack of sight, or you will be humiliated by the blind hero like how Bullseye did (see above entry).
- Trap Master: His Ambush booby traps a red tile, and the enemy that match that Trap Tile will suffer significant damage.
- Weapon of Choice: Daredevil stuns his enemy with his Billy Club.
Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)
Deadpool here! Welcome to my game! Yeah, I know a bunch of other jerks are in it, but really it's all about the Merc With A Mouth.
I was just some regular dope until the Weapon X program took me in, gave me a sweet Healing Factor and made me the deadly assassin Adonis you see before you. I like long walks on the beach, all the chimichangas I can get, and video games where you have to match three things together for some reason.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It's what I do best! Now get out there and earn some more of my Deadpool Points!
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Psst... See that giant button on the WHALES! WHALES! WHALES!? The enemy team will die, but you gotta pay Deadpool Points ;)
- Declaration of Protection: Don't worry, I'll save you with the Life Of The Party!
- Katanas Are Just Better: Aw yeah! Look at my opponents bleeding after taking A Little Off The Top!
- Good Thing You Can Heal: That's me! Life Of The Party lets me shield my teammate and I'll get better in the next turn!
Doctor Doom (Classic)
Victor Von Doom never actually earned his doctorate. Jealous of Reed Richards' multiple advanced degrees, he requires his Latverian subjects to use the title under penalty of death.
- Diabolical Mastermind: Doom's Diabolical Plot will strike for maximum damage when his plans are complete. The more Trap Tiles he place on the board, the more damage he can deliver.
- Magic Knight: Doom's skillsets are a combination of technology and magic.
- Mook Maker: Doom creates Attack Tiles with his Summon Demons ability.
Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
Once a brilliant nuclear physicist, a laboratory accident fused four mechanical arms to Otto Octavius' body, transforming him into Doctor Octopus.
With his powerful new arms and diabolical genius, Doc Ock became one of Spider-Man's greatest enemies, handing the wall-crawler his first defeat and forming the Sinister Six. While Spider-Man narrowly triumphs, Octavius always returns with an even more fiendish plan that could spell his doom.
- The Chess Master: His blue ability Manipulation randoms changes pairs of tiles on the board to his team's favor.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: That's almost word for word on describing his green ability.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Insult To Injury describes Doc Ock gloating to his foes when he makes a match on the enemy's Countdown Tile.
Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
Doctor Stephen Strange was a brilliant and renowned neurosurgeon until a tragic accident permanently injured his hands. His search for a cure led him to the Ancient One, who took Stephen in as a pupil in the mystic arts.
Now, Doctor Strange utilizes his vast collection of metaphysical abilities and artifacts to defend earth from inter-dimensional dangers.
Running from her tumultuous past, Elektra attempts to find redemption through heroic deeds. But how long can a ninja assassin hope to escape the violence that encompassed her life? Up against Elektra's sai and expert training, anyone who tries to drag her back down won't last long.
Gamora, the adopted daughter of Thanos, has the reputation of being the "Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy." She joined the Guardians of the Galaxy on Star-Lord's invitation after she helped him defend a planet from invasion.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Gamora's sword is sharpened to a Razor's Edge to slash through the enemy.
- The Dreaded: Gamora has a Bad Reputation and she uses it to create strike tiles based on how many tiles have her symbol.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: She's an attractive and lethal green skinned assassin from outer space.
- Put Their Heads Together: When Gamora feels like busting heads, her Skull Cracker stuns 2 enemies and damages the entire team.
Clint Barton, a.k.a Hawkeye, became the greatest sharpshooter known to man.
Then he joined the Avengers.
In his off time, he plays with his dog, and Kate Bishop lets him hang out with her.
That's all you need to know.
The Hood (Classic)
Parker Robbins was just trying to steal enough to afford good medical care for his mom. Then he shot a demon and took its cloak. Turns out the cloak was a conduit for Dormammu, The Dread One. Reluctantly using Dormammu's help, Robbins has assembled the largest empire of super-criminals in history.
The Hulk (Indestructible)
After absorbing huge amounts of gamma radiation, physicist Bruce Banner emerged with impressive, but volatile, super powers. When under stress Dr. Banner transform into the Hulk, a nearly invincible muscle-bound force of nature. Capable of withstanding and delivering huge amounts of damage, the Hulk is at his most dangerous when angry.
- Shockwave Clap: Thunderous Clap is a signature move of the Hulk thanks to his Super Strength.
- Unstoppable Rage: Damaging Hulk by more than 5% of his maximum health will make many tiles turn Green thanks to his passive ability Anger.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: When Hulk fills up the board with green tiles from Anger, he will gain enough green AP to wreck your team if you're not careful.
Human Torch (Classic)
Alongside sister Susan, Johnny Storm was among those hit by cosmic rays on a test flight. After crash-landing, the crew exhibited strange powers: the Fantastic-Four was born!
The youngest team member, Johnny is brash and eager for celebrity. As the Human Torch, fire is his to command.
- Gradual Grinder: He will burn the enemy's health off slowly with his Flame Jet and Inferno as time progresses.
- Kill It with Fire: Any of Johnny's abilities can down his enemy if given enough AP.
- Playing with Fire: Shares the same powers, but much stronger than the Uncommon Johnny Storm version.
- Wreathed in Flames: That's what this version of the Human Torch looks like compared to the Uncommon Johnny Storm version.
Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
Raised in the hidden mystic city of K'un-Lun, Daniel Rand became its champion, plunging his fists into the molten heart of Shou-Lao the Undying Dragon and becoming the immortal Iron Fist!
Returning to America, Danny befriended Luke Cage and formed the Heroes for Hire while also inheriting his parents' company Rand Industries, making him the world's only Kung-Fu billionaire. Hi-yeah!
- Bare-Fisted Monk: That's Iron Fist in a nutshell.
- Fantastic Fighting Style: Exquisite Technique bestows a free Attack tile if there none present on the board.
- Kiai: Iron Fist concentrates his Chi through the Iron Fist of K'un-Lun, creating black tiles on the board if you have less than 12 black AP.
- Living Weapon: Danny Rand himself can deliver massive damage with just his own body.
Iron Man's Model 40 armor was designed to be modular, with capabilities that can be adapted in the field. Tony Stark uses it to test powerful new technological developments and promising new scientific theories.
Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
Kamala Khan was just an ordinary teen from Jersey City until exposure to the Terrigen Mists revealed her Inhuman super-powers!
A lifelong fan of Carol Danvers, Kamala took up the mantle of Ms. Marvel. Today, she uses her shape-changing powers to protect and inspire her community.
- The Heart: Kamala roots on her teammates, and helps Bring Out The Best when one of them fires a special ability.
- Rocket Punch: Kamala's super-stretchy Embiggened Bash does serious damage from a distance to the enemy team.
- Rubber Girl: Kamala uses her Inhuman Stretchiness to create more green tiles on the board.
The Trickster God traveled back in time to turn Odin's father Bor to snow, setting off the events that see his childhood self adopted into Asgard's royal family.
Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
Born and raised in Harlem, Luke was wrongfully accused of murder and sent to prison at a young age.
While incarcerated, he participated in scientific experiments that made his skin unbreakable.
He has since gone on to lead the Thunderbolts and the Avengers.
- Boxing Battler: Luke throws a One-Two combo punch with Jab, Jab, Cross.
- Super Strength: His Righteous Uppercut can hit an enemy even harder when his teammates are active.
- Made of Iron: Luke Cage can take plenty of hits for his team, and it helps when he's one of the few characters close to 10,000 HP.
- Super Toughness: Unbreakable is a passive ability that automatically creates a Shield Tile if there are no Shield Tiles on the board.
Having escaped Aushwitz-Birkenau in the October 7th, 1944 revolt, Max Eisenhardt is determined to protect mutantkind from threats of genocide, whatever it takes.
- Barrier Warrior: Magneto throws lots of shield tiles onto the board with his Coercive Field.
- Extra Oredinary: Magneto's blue ability Magnetized Projectiles swaps blue tiles with red tiles and damages the opponent in proportion of pairings made.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Polarizing Force destroys all of the Team-Up Tiles in the board.
Mystique (Raven Darkholme)
Mysteriously ageless, Mystique has been involved in global espionage since the dawn of the 20th century. She can take the form of anyone, making her a master of deception.In recent times she's been employed by Magneto, although who can say what her real agenda is? She's never been one to play any side but her own.
A powerful mutant with a complex past, Betsy Braddock is a key member of the X-Men. As Psylocke, she uses her telepathic and telekinetic gifts to manipulate thoughts and focus psionic energy into lethal psychic knives capable of rending flesh and mind alike.
In addition to her supernatural abilities, Psylocke possesses the body and training of an elite ninja, making her a formidable hand to hand opponent.
- Psychic Powers: Psylocke channels her psychic powers into physical forms of weapons.
His family lost to criminal violence, The Punisher is obsessed with vengeance. The ultimate any-means necessary vigilante, he singles mindedly hunts down villains and enacts his revenge.
Advanced military training and an arsenal of deadly weapons make The Punisher ruthlessly effective.
- Coup de Grâce: Retribution will down any opponent as long as they are below 20-40% of their maximum health, depending on how much you level it up.
- Guns Akimbo: Castle shoots with an assault rifle, and then a rocket launcher with his green ability Judgement.
- Gradual Grinder: His Molotov Cocktails creates a Countdown Tile that slowly spreads Attack Tiles and will continue to chip damage as long as the Countdown Tile remains intact.
- Walking Armory: The Punisher unloads his weapons through Judgement with an assault rifle first, and then a rocket launcher.
Capable of running faster than the speed of sound, Pietro Maximoff originally fought against the Avengers alongside his sister, the Scarlet Witch. He's since cleaned up his act and has become a key ally of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
However, despite being an Avenger, it's clear that his only real loyalty is to his sister.
Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
A cyborg clone of Thor, Ragnarok shares the God of Thunder's divine strength, stamina, agility, and hubris.
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
Rocket Raccoon, the cybernetically enhanced raccoon and Groot, the sentient tree-being from Planet X are best friends that make up the heart of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Guns Akimbo: Blammo! We Got Ya! shows Rocket firing off his guns while tag teaming with Groot.
- Healing Factor: I Am Groot is a passive that activates when Rocket and Groot's HP are below 25% and a friendly yellow match is made.
- The Strategist: I Got A Plan has Rocket creating Strike tiles after a few turns passed through a Countdown tile.
Sam Wilson (Falcon)
Inspired by his eventual friend and partner Captain America, Sam Wilson gave up a life of crime to become the heroic Falcon.
With his Wakandan flight harness and psychic link with birds (like his constant companion Redwing) the Falcon bolsters the spirits of all who call him an ally.
Scarlet Witch is a sorceress and reformed villian who is now a key member of the Avengers.
Her powers manifested at a young age than anyone realized as for years she was subconsciously manipulating probability around her.
The world forgot that Robert Reynolds was The Sentry, a tortured hero with the power of one million suns.
A gamma-irradiated blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner saved Jennifer Walter's life and transformed her into the Sensational She-Hulk!
Getting all of The Hulk's strength but none of his rage, Jennifer keeps her intellect while She-Hulk, allowing her to defend justice both as an expert attorney in the courtroom and as an Avenger on the battlefield.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: You won't find another lawyer that has the raw power and convictions of She-Hulk.
- Courtroom Antics: She-Hulk can convert enemy owned tiles into friendly tiles thanks to her Settlement.
- Mana Drain: Furious Charge will deplete the enemy's AP pool of a random color (and a second color if you max out this ability's level) to zero.
Peter Parker struggles to balance his studies, work, family life, romance, and heroism. Protecting New York City using his proportional strength of a spider, tremendous agility, and web-shooters of his own invention, he is often late for dinner.
- Spider-Sense: His purple's passive creates a Shield Tile when there are none present after creating a purple match.
With mutant powers that grant her a prehensile tail, super-strong teeth, claws and the ability to talk to squirrels, Doreen Green is the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
Between being an Avenger, a student at E.S.U. and a nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, Squirrel Girl found the time to single-handedly defeat Terrax, MODOK, Fin Fang Foom, Doctor Doom and Thanos!
- Lethal Joke Character: Say what you want about how silly Squirrel Girl seems, but when she's paired with the right teammates, she can downright be terrifying in a PVE match.
Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
Peter Quill might have been born on Earth, but he's been away for a long time. After the events of Civil War, Star-Lord finds himself back on his home planet, wondering what's next for this legendary outlaw.
One thing is certain; Earth has a brand new guardian.
Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
Once again Steve Rogers dons the stars and stripes, prepared to fight those that would subvert liberty and freedom.To combat evil, Captain America has re-equipped with a shield made of pure energy. Villains are about to find out that an avenging Super Soldier is bad news for business.
- Badass Normal: Although he is imbued with the Super Soldier Serum, his strength is only at the maximum limit that a human can reach.
- Blocking Stops All Damage: Subverted that while Captain America's Sentinel of Liberty skill creates Protect tiles that reduces enemy damage, the attacks his team receives will still be 1 even if the enemy attacks are lower than the Protect tile's strength.
- Boomerang Comeback: When the red or blue countdown tiles finish the timer, Steve Rogers will regain 10 red or blue AP.
- The Captain: He is called "Captain America" after all.
- Captain Patriotic: Has the American theme in his uniform and shield.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Sentinel of Liberty creates up to four Shield Tiles with an impressive amount of strength of 339 each at max covers (total strength of 1356).
- Primary-Color Champion: Steve Rogers has Red, Blue, and Yellow abilities that reflect on his heroic characteristics.
- Shield Bash: Both Star-Spangled Avenger and Peacemaker involves tossing his shield to either cause some serious damage or stun the targeted enemy.
- Throwing Your Shield Always Works: Also applies to his blue and red abilities.
- Super Soldier: It's in his name for this version of Captain America.
Storm's strong will and bright spirit drove her to accept Charles Xavier's offer to leave her African village for America as a member of the X-Men. This choice set her on the path to become not just the X-Men's leader, but one of the most respected and powerful heroes on Earth.
- Delinquent Hair: This is the result of Storm embracing her passionate side instead of repressing them with self-control.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: This version of Storm does not hold back in her edgy fashion sense compared to the rest of the Storms.
- Next Tier Power-Up: Actually it skips a tier—Mohawk Storm's powers are direct upgrades of the 1-star version. Unlike the "lazy" 3-stars like Thor or Daken, this is a welcome reprisal, especially since Hailstorm can convert half of the board into friendly strike tiles.
- Weather Manipulation: All three of her abilities involves controlling the weather pattern.
Born an Eternal on Saturn's moon of Titan, Thanos became infatuated with Death at an early age.
Worshiping her, Thanos uses his immense cosmic power and cunning intellect to seek destruction of intelligent life in the galaxy, coming close to godhood in the process
Wielding the might of Mjolnir and the power of the storm, few can survive the righteous fury of the Son of Odin.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: This is how Thor keeps up with his relentless assault as his main strategy.
- Blow You Away: Call The Storm will damage the entire enemy team and does double its damage to whoever is unfortunately in the front.
- Shock and Awe: Thunder Strike creates more green tiles on the board while causing some damage.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Mjolnir is pretty much the epitome of Thor's abilities.
The Vision is a synthezoid, created by Ultron to destroy the Avengers.
After battling Earth's Mightiest Heroes and discovering Ultron's true motives, Vision has a change of heart and became an Avenger himself.
- Artificial Human: Vision is an android created by Ultron.
- Intangibility: Density: Light allows Vision to take less damage from enemy attacks.
- Megaton Punch: Density: Hard buffs up Vision's attack power so much he can hit harder than a truck.
- Stance System: His red ability changes depending on his Density. If there are no Density countdown tiles present, Attack Protocol becomes Solar Beam that destroys random number of tiles. If Density: Light is active, Vision removes enemy tiles with Light Disruption. If Density: Heavy is active, Vision delivers damage to the entire enemy team with Heavy Strike.
When the X-Men are presumed dead, Wolverine goes undercover, buying a stake in Princess Bar in the small island nation of Madripoor, hotbed of inequality and corruption. Without his teammates to cool his temper, his response to injustice is swift and harsh.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wolverine goes undercover as a sharp-dressed man named "Patch".
- The Berserker: Wolverine's abilities are inherently dangerous to both sides due to his green and red abilities giving enemy Strike tiles.
- Eye Patch Of Power: He isn't stronger than X-Force version of Wolverine, but at least he's more powerful than the Uncommon version.