- Loads and Loads of Characters: At a certain point, 4 star become the go-to level for new characters, and there's at least one introduced every month, making them reach 100 by 2020.
- Popularity Power: Whichever characters that fans requested the most tends to be released as 4 star rarity by the developers.
Phil Coulson was a top operative for S.H.I.E.L.D - right hand to Directory Fury and key in helping assemble the Avengers. That all ended when Loki killed him on the Helicarrier... until he returned, under somewhat mysterious circumstances, to lead his own team of misfut agents on S.H.I.E.L.D business around the world. Although his left arm was lost and replaced after war against the Inhumans, he has continued to serve as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s champion.
Born in an alternate dimension called the Utopian Parallel, America Chavez ran away from home after a rift in her world risked its destruction. Gifted with flight, durability, and an insatiable need to punch things, America roams the multiverse to defeat evil and find her place as a Super Hero.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scalle but increase in strength, ex-conman Scott Lang embraced his inner hero with the help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, to become the spectacular Ant-Man! Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang work together to battle a new generation of towering threats.
- Impossible Thief: With Small time crooks he will steal defense, attack, and strike tiles from enemies. These bonuses come from questionable sources such as pheromones or a moral raising speech. This man is good at his job.
- Sizeshifter: Both Pym Particles and Small Time Crooks shrink down Scott even though they have different effects. But when either of them are used again, Scott's ability Grow activates and punches the opponent.
- Synchronized Swarming: Scott uses Ants! Ants! Ants! to attack his enemies through multiple Countdown Tiles at the same time.
Trained from a young age, Prince T'Challa grew to become the latest Black Panther, protector of the kingdom of Wakanda.
When his father, King T'Chaka, was killed, T'Challa became King, using the resources of his country and the skills as Black Panther to seek vengeance for his father.
Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's best spies, first serving as a Russian operative and then as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., but she finds herself on the run once more after the Avengers disband. Will her years of training be enough to protect the world from a cosmic threat?
Eric Brooks is a Dhampir - While giving birth to him, his mother was killed by a vampire. This gave him the powers of a vampire, but also gave him a thirst for human blood.
Cursed to be part of what he hates most, Eric Brooks roams the world as Blade, search for vampires and occult monsters of all kinds and eradicating them from the Earth.
- Horror Hunger: The Hunger has him putting up strike tiles if there's too much of those blood-colored Red tiles. And if the team's Red AP is high, he will lunge at an enemy with The Bloodlust.
Captain America (Worthy)
The fate of the universe is at stake, and Steve Rogers must stand up for what's right. With his shield in one hand, Captain America raises the other to summon the power of Mjolnir and prove himself to be worthy.
With her strong will and years of military experience, Boston native Carol Danvers is a natural born leader. Having served as the leader of the Mighty Avengers, the Ultimates, and later commander of the Alpha Flight program, Carol is here to punch holes in the sky and won't let anyone keep her from doing so.
Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
Cletus Kasady was a murdering thief... and that was before he became one of Spider-Man's most fearsome foes.
When the alien symbiote busted Eddie Brock out of Jail, it infected his cellmate Cletus, transforming him into the blood-thirsty Carnage.
By himself, Cletus was a psychopath... together with his symbiote, he's so much worse!
- Axe-Crazy: Carnage doesn't care if his attacks hurt his allies, so he will just keep causing havoc everywhere with Alien Instincts.
- The Berserker: Carnage causes collateral damage on both sides with his abilities.
- Blood Knight: Emphasis on the "blood" because Carnage craves for murder.
- Sinister Scythe: Symbiote Scythes attacks both enemies and allies (unless the team has high Red AP) at a cheap cost of 7 Red AP.
Cloak & Dagger (Classic)
Homeless runaways Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen were kidnapped and subjected to experimental drugs. The drugs gave them incredible and terrifying abilities that made them into Cloak & Dagger!
With Cloak's dark portals and Dagger's light-knives, the duo vowed to eradicate the drug-dealing gangs of New York and protect other runaway children from sharing their fate.
Cyclops is the fearless leader of the X-Men's Blue Team. He's a master strategist who uses powerful optic blasts to protect humans and mutants alike.
(In memory of Demiurge Studios designer Steven Christopher Marshall, another brillant, tall, determined mentor to many heroes.)
On stage, she's a vision of graceon the battlefield, a blindingly brilliant combatant. Please put your hands together for the one, the only...
- Disco Dan: Two of her powers make sure to showcase how she owes her existance to Disco.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her powers seem silly, revolving around sound, lights, and roller blades. And yet they are useful in battle.
- Lethal Joke Character: The player have requested her for years, if only as a joke. What a surprise in that Dazzler was actually a workable fighter!
- Rollerblade Good: Dance Floor Queen has her skates used for a rolling strike.
The Merc with the Mouth is back and Ive picked up an extra star!
Ive spent a lot of time hanging out with Wolverine (I call him Wolvie!) and Psylocke, as a really important member of their super top-secret X-Force team. You know how it is: black-and-white pajamas, covert ops, inter-dimensional crime fighting, save the universe kind of stuff. No big deal.
Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile)
After being attacked and nearly burnt to death by an evil tribe, the Killer-Folk, Devil Dino is rescued by Moon-Boy. The incident activated a powerful mutation in Devil Dino giving him tremendous strength and turning his skin red.
Drax (The Destroyer)
After witnessing the death of his wife and daughter at the hands of Thanos, Drax vowed to hunt down the Mad Titan and get his Revenge.
Star-Lord has recruited Drax "The Destroyer" as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, but his only true goal is to kill Thanos
When she was 9 years old, Elektra was kidnapped. After which, her father insisted she learn self-defense.
She became an accomplished martial artist and trained with The Hand, a mysterious sect of ninjas.
Today she is one of the world's top assassins and martial artists.
- Dance Battler: Elektra's Ballet Of Death describes her fighting skills as deadly. She creates a red Trap tile that deals damage to the enemy at the beginning of their turn.
- Double Reverse Quadruple Agent: Her Double-Double Cross reflects this trope the best: to summarize how this ability works, Elektra first converts 3 random Purple basic tiles into enemy Strike tiles. If she activates this ability consecutively, she can steal all the enemy Strike tiles and convert it to friendly Strike tiles.
- Trap Master: Interestingly enough, Elektra uses her traps defensively only when she's about to be attacked. Elektra counterattacks any opponent that makes a match with her booby-trapped black tiles using Shadow Step.
Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter)
Elsa Bloodstone's natural-born monster hunting skills have been honedto a lethal point by lifelong combat training and a powerful family artifact. Armed with a variety of weapons, an impressive array of swears, and a deep love of tea, Elsa is ready to show the world's evil creatures what is what!
Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
Gamora spent the early years of her life training to be an intergalactic assassin under Thanos, who adopted and raised her after killing off the rest of her race. Wanting to free herself from his tyranny, Gamora betrayed Thanos, choosing instead to join the Guardians of the Galaxy while living up to her reputation as The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy.
Ghost (Quantum Thief)
Due to a childhood accident, the mysterious Ghost is stuck phasing in and out of reality. With the help of a high-tech suit, she now harnesses this power to her advantage.
Ghost is fixated on Pym Labs, and since walls are no obstacle for her heists, she appears to be a nearly-unstoppable force.
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
To save the life of his father and mentor, motorcycle daredevil Johnny Blaze sold his soul to Mephisto. Betraying Blaze, Mephisto bound a demon to Johnny's soul and cursed him to ride forever as the Spirit of Vengeance.
When innocent blood is spilled, Johnny Blaze's body and bike are consumed by hellfire, transforming him into Ghost Rider.
- Burning Rubber: Ghost Rider screams past the enemy team on his motorcycle, wreathing them in flames and whipping them with his chain.
- Cool Bike: Ghost Rider rides his motorcycle and leaves a fiery trail with Burning Rubber.
- Death Glare: His Penance Stare can literally kill the enemy team if they done enough damage to his team.
- Flaming Skulls: Ghost Rider is made of this trope.
- Hellfire: Ghost Rider unleashes a torrent of flames imbued with the power of the Spirit of Vengeance.
- Playing with Fire: The Spirit of Vengeance burns his foes with Hellfire.
- Signature Move: Ghost Rider's Penance Stare deals up to 200% of the total damage the enemy team inflicted.
Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)
Now, this is a story all about how my life got...put...into...a Marvel game? Close enough. But also a lie. That story's a big secret. Very hush-hush. Super mystery #1.
Anyhow, have you seen this game? PARADISE FOUND, amirite? EVERYONE is here. Almost everyone. I touched Kamala Khan's hair. There are a few...exceedingly exasperating exceptions. I mean, I'll probably live. If you don't kill me. Can you even do that in this game? Don't kill me. Bye!
Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck)
Howard, the duck who walks like a man, was minding his own business in his home universe when the Nexus of all Realities pull him to Earth! Our planet is filled with weird creatures like Spider-Hairless-Ape so Howard felt pretty out of place. Carving out his spot here has been a long process but he recently started a private eye business and is doing well, thanks for asking.
The celebrated champion of The Grandmasters's cosmic gladiatorial arena, Hulk revels in the approval of the crowd, a simple life of battle, and the chance to do what he does best - smash!
Amadeus Cho, 19-year-old Korean-American super-genius and the world's number one Hulk fan, knows the world needs a Green Goliath.
With the help of his little sister Maddy and the vast resources of the Olympus Group, Amadeus decides he's totally gonna be the best Hulk ever!
Iceman (All-New X-Men)
One of the five founding members of the X-Men, Bobby Drake's incredible power to manipulate temperature and ice makes him literally the coolest mutant around.
Brought forward in time by the present-day Hank Mccoy, the teenage Iceman adventures with the other original X-Men, learning new things about his new home, his powers, and himself.
- An Ice Person: Iceman unleashes a tempest of ice and snow across the battlefield using Whiteout.
- Human Snowman: Bobby stuns his foes first as the Uncanny Snowman
- Kill It with Ice: Bobby's weapon is the ice he creates himself.
- You Must Be Cold: Iceman can freeze the enemy team by draining their red AP with his Cold As Ice ability.
Invisible Woman (Classic)
A founding member of The Fantastic Four, Sue Richards is a true leader and fiercely loyal to those she cares about. The magnitude of Invisible Woman's psionic power is legendary.
- Barrier Warrior: Invisible Woman can use Force Crush to either create more barriers or destroy them for extra damage. There's a reason why she's ranked Legendary (4 stars) in terms of rarity.
- Invisibility: As her ability Grant Invisibility suggests, Sue can hide herself and her team from enemy match damage.
- No-Sell: She can use Grant Invisibility to whoever is the weakest in her team, thereby making the weakest team invincible against any attacks.
Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
Missing for 15 years, Danny Rand returns to New York City armed with martial arts training and the mystic power of the city of K'un Lun. Now he must navigate his new life, torn between his family's legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.
Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
Of all the "buster" suits that Tony Stark has built over the years, the Hulkbuster is by far the biggest, and the most iconic. It's designed for one thing, fighting the Hulk, but it turns out it's pretty good at fighting other things too.
- Cast from Hit Points: Overdrive will give the team red and yellow Strike Tiles at a minor cost of his own HP.
- Megaton Punch: The more red AP you have, the more damage Repulsor Punch delivers.
- Mighty Glacier: The Hulkbuster is powerful in attack strength and HP, but it takes a long time to activate any of his abilities due to the high AP costs.
Jean Grey was just beginning to master her telekinetic powers when Hank Mccoy, her teammate Beast, came back in time and pulled her and the rest of the original X-Men into the present.
Adventuring with the rest of the time-shifted original X-Men, Jean has already found ways to combine her telepathy and telekinesis into abilities no one's ever seen. Looking back at the fate of her adult self, teenage Jean decided to stay in the present and re-write her past.
- Mind over Matter: Her purple ability shares the exact same name and has a trope page dedicated to Jean!
- Mind Rape: You'd better think twice about matching 5 tiles or more against Jean Grey, because her passive Psychic Feedback is going to hurt a lot.
- Power Glows: Full Of Surprises has Jean Grey glowing pink all over her body.
- Pstandard Psychic Pstance: Jean's battle pose has her fingers tenting around her head. It's even more prominent whenever Psychic Feedback is triggered.
- Psychic Powers: She is one of the most powerful telepaths in the world that has the potential to go toe-to-toe with Professor X.
- Telepathy: She combines this with her Telekinesis using her ability Full Of Surprises.
Jubilation Lee discovered her mutant powers to create explosive blasts of light as a teen. Since then she's been hanging with the X-Men, going on missions and teaching them the joy of being young.
With an upbeat personality and the ability to turn any battlefield into a colorful display with her fireworks, Jubilee is a firecracker to the core.
- Defiant to the End: Her yellow passive allows her to deal extra damage to enemies if she has less health than they do.
- The Heart: Her passive ability is called Heart of the Team.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her powers may seem silly at first glance, but when fully leveled up, her Light Show ability can deal serious damage to enemies.
- Shout-Out: The name of her versus tournament is "Here to Chew Bubblegum", a reference to the quote, "I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum", from the movie They Live.
Karnak (The Shatterer
Strategic adviser to the Inhuman Royal Family, Karnak's unique ability to see the flaw in all things shapes his every move. Be it structural or psychological, no weakness can escape his gaze for long!
- Attack Its Weak Point: His power, which is translated into how his blows destroy tiles, create Criticals, and wreak massive damage.
- Glass Cannon: Exploit the Flaw elevates his match damage by at least 140%. But his HP is not that high, making the Protect tile created by Find the Flaw very necessary.
When Clint Barton was presumed dead (Or dressing up like a ninja? Or something?), wealthy socialite Kate Bishop adopted his mantle and fought along the Young Avengers as Hawkeye.
Now that Clint is back, he and Kate share the name, and there are two Hawkeyes protecting the people of New York. According to Kate, it's easy to tell them apart - she's the cool one.
- Cool Shades: Although sometimes she appears without them in the character select screen.
The Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
Wilson Fisk is not a nice man. Growing up in New York City he became involved with organized crime at an early age. Now he's the most ruthless crime lord the world's ever seen. He's been the leader of the Maggia and the Hand and employs a coterie of colorful assassins.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Consistently dressed well with his custom-tailored suit.
- Badass Normal: He has less than 2% of body fat in his gigantic muscular body and organizes the largest crime syndicate in New York City.
- The Don: He commands the Maggia and various criminal organizations under his iron fist.
- Fat Bastard: Subverted that even with his despicable acts as a crime lord, his physique is actually full of muscles.
- Mook Maker: His Maggia Pawns will attack on Fisk's behalf with all the yellow Countdown Tiles around the board.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Wilson's Gambit is designed to deal extra damage to the enemy by sacrificing a friendly Countdown Tile.
Luke Cage (Power Man)
Years ago, Luke Cage and Danny Rand teamed up to protect their neighbourhood and help those in need.
Eventually Luke settled down to raise a family, but when a threat from the two friends' past appeared to cause trouble, the boys leapt back into action as Power Man and Iron Fist, the Heroes for Hire!
- The Power of Friendship: Hero for Hire has extra perks if Iron Fist is in the party.
Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
As the queen of the Inhumans, Medusa leads her people with admirable determination and absolute loyalty.
Offering her home of New Attilan as a safe haven for new Inhumans, Queen Medusalith Amaquelin will go to great lengths to ensure the protection of her people. Should the new arise, she will not hesitate to enter the fray, psychokinetically controlling her steel-strong hair to grab, whip, and slash her enemies.
- Prehensile Hair: Two of her powers revolve around using her enormous hair: Hair Meddle swaps tiles around and steals whatever special tiles were caught, and Entanglement creates a countdown that strikes every round (and if destroyed, generates Attack tiles).
Miles Morales was poised to start the next chapter in his life in a new school until the bite of a stolen, genetically altered spider granted the teen incredible arachnid-like powers. Now Miles has been thrust into a world he wasn't prepared for, full of Avengers, gods and Goblins!
Looking to the world's heroes as inspiration, Miles donned his own webbed suit and summoned the courage to do the right thing, while living up to Spider-Man's legacy.
- Canon Immigrant: Miles was transplanted from the Ultimate universe to the mainstream Marvel Universe.
- Invisibility: Hide & Seek allows him to vanish, allowing for the very damaging Surprise! attack.
- Legacy Character: Miles took over as the Ultimate Spiderman when Peter Parker from the Ultimate Universe died.
- Signature Move: If there's one thing Miles Morales have that Peter Parker doesn't, it's Venom Blast.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Miles decided to do the right thing with Power & Responsibility.
Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
As an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird travels the world on all kinds of missions, from uncovering corruption to saving the day when other agents' missions go south. Armed with a pair of battle staves and expert knowledge in martial arts, espionage, marksmanship, and biology, Bobbi has shown herself to be one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most versatile and invaluable agents.
- Fun T-Shirt: In the character select screen, she might appear in the "Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda" shirt from her cover.
M.O.D.O.K. (A.I.M. Overlord)
M.O.D.O.K. wasOnce aDiligent A.I.M. employee knownOnly as George Tarleton. Now, heKneels for no one.
Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Left for dead in an ancient Egyptian tomb, mercenary Marc Spector crawled to the shrine of Khonshu, god of the moon. Believing that Khonshu imbued him with new life, he arose "from the dead" and exacted revenge on his attackers.
Assuming the persona of Moon Knight, Spector returned to New York and began a war on crime that pushes his body and mind to their breaking point.
Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts)
Lost and broken, Karl Mordo came to Kamar-Taj where he was trained by The Ancient One. As a Master of the Mystic Arts, Mordo fought against the unknowable darkness with fellow sorcerers and apprentices. Upon discovering his comrades using forbidden magic to achieve victory, he could not stave his anger. Turning his back on his teachings, he now roams the earth hunting other sorcerers.
Mr. Fantastic (Classic)
As the engineer of the cosmic experiment that forever changed the lives of his closest friends, Reed Richards blamed himself for their transformations.
Held in regard as one of the most intelligent people on the planet, Reed uses his brilliant mind and amazing stretching powers to protect the world as the leader of the Fantastic Four. Though he values his family above all else, he continues to tirelessly dedicate himself to the betterment of all mankind.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Reed's Imaginaut emerges from his lab with a Fantastic device that defies imagination.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Master of the Fantastic is designed to heal Reed and his teammate if the enemy ever makes a match with friendly special tiles.
- Rubber Man: Flexibility at max level can create 2 Protect tiles with 207 strength and stun the enemy for 3 turns.
- Team Dad: Mr. Fantastic is designed to give all Fantastic Four members bonus AP and damage (Human Torch, Invisible Woman, The Thing, and even Bag-Man).
Mysterio (Quentin Beck)
Hailing from another dimension, Quentin Beck has arrived to save the day! This powerful mage uses his mystical arsenal to keep citizens safe and monsters at bay. He is the one and only Mysterio!
- Ink-Suit Actor: He's drawn to look like Jake Gyllenhaal, his portrayer in the MCU.
- Never Trust a Trailer: In a case of Demiurge being struck by this, the description and group take only what is said in the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer. The movie itself shows that to be a ruse, and that Mysterio is a villain like in the comics.
- Smoke Out: From Thin Air has him vanishing (literally, he turns invisible) as smoke emerges.
Stolen as a child by Thanos, Nebula was raised as an implement of destruction. Thanos repeatedly pit Nebula against her sister Gamora, replacing a piece of her body with cybernetic weaponry each time she lost.
Now, reconciled with Gamora and free of her father's control, Nebula seeks out Thanos, planning revenge with the tools the Titan himself gave her.
Nico Minoru (Runaways)
Nico Minoru ran away from home after witnessing her parents participating in a dark magic ritual with a group called The Pride. She wields her parents' Staff of One, a powerful ancient artifact that can produce any spell imaginable, but only once! Teaming up with the other children of The Pride's members, Nico aims to save humanity from their parents' evil schemes.
- Blood Magic: Once Nico is injured, When Blood Is Shed kicks in and summons The Staff of One, also changing her powers.
- Heal Thyself: As made clear by Heal!.
- Lady of Black Magic: Subverted. She's still an Elegant Gothic Lolita, but in the game her powers are that of a White Magician Girl, protecting and stunning.
- Support Party Member: Her powers aren't offensive - at most, she stuns and removes enemy tiles with Freeze! - but certainly improve the party by both generating or strengthening special tiles, along with removing enemy countdowns and stunnings.
- Semantic Superpower: Given the Staff of One only accepts the same command once, every time one of her powers is reused it's another word (i.e Freeze!->Halt! \ Heal! -> First Aid! \ Trifecta! -> Hat Trick!). Including Gratuitous Foreign Language (Kaifuku!, Curar! Curatio!)
Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Nick Fury, Jr. followed in his father's footsteps to become Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Raised Marcus Johnson, he inherited the benefits of the Infinity Formula, slowing his aging and accelerating his healing.
Director Fury is a worthy combatant due to his military training and relentless physical conditioning. What makes him truly formidable is his executive access to the technology, operatives, intelligence, and affiliations of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Avengers, Assemble!: Said word for word on his yellow ability, as Fury can summon Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and The Incredible Hulk.
- Badass Normal: Despite being surrounded by superpowered beings, Fury doesn't let his human limits hinder his prowess.
- Bald, Black Leader Guy: He's the head director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and is really good at what he does as a leader.
- Eye Patch Of Power: Nick Fury is badass enough to qualify as Legendary rarity.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Of course he looks like Samuel L. Jackson!
- Just as Planned: Escape Plan helps the team steal the enemy's strongest AP plus creating a Strike Tile.
- Trap Master: Demolition will boobytrap blue tiles, and whoever makes the match will damage the enemy team (although a friendly match will be significantly lower damage)
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Sam Alexander was a typical 15 year-old living in Carefree, Arizona...that is, until he found his missing father's Nova Corps helmet. In an effort to learn more about his dad, Sam put on the helmet and instantly gained all of the powers of a fully functional Nova centurion.
Whether he's zooming through space on solo missions or teaming with the Guardians of the Galaxy, can Sam master his newfound skills, find his father and get back home each night in time for dinner? Life is now anything but typical for the new Human Rocket!
In a World... where Steve Rogers was assassinated before he could become Captain America, his friend Peggy Carter joined the Super Soldier Program in his place.
A former field agent, Peggy combines the power of Super Soldier serum with her top-notch combat training, defending the ideals of freedom and equality as her world's Captain America!
- Action Girl: She's pretty much the female version of Captain America.
- Canon Foreigner: This version of Peggy was created specifically for the game, and isn't based on any other interpretation of the character.
- Elseworld: This Peggy comes from a reality where Steve Rogers was assassinated before he could be given the super-serum, leading Peggy to became her world's Super Soldier.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Peggy's yellow passive Legendary Presence intimidated her enemies so much that it costs them 4 extra AP to fire their abilities.
Professor X (Charles Xavier)
Professor Charles Xavier dedicates his life to realizing the dream of peaceful co-existence between mutants and humans.
Founder and Headmaster of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Professor X teaches young mutants how to use their powers responsibly.
- Bald of Awesome: As the world's most powerful telepath, he definitely fits this trope to a "T".
- Handicapped Badass: Professor X may be in a wheelchair, but he's the one who founded the X-Men and lead with great mental capacity.
- Mind Rape: If you match 5 or more tiles, Master Plan will activate and significantly damage the enemy target along with generating the team's strongest AP.
- No-Sell: Professor X can use his ability Blind Spot to create an Invisibility tile that renders him invincible against enemy attacks.
- Psychic Powers: Psychic Convergence grants the team one Protect Tile whenever an ally uses an ability.
- Telepathy: Professor X takes advantage of this power to hide from enemy sight using Blind Spot.
Frank Castle had just returned from war when his family was caught in the crossfire of a gang war. Having lost everything, Castle vowed vengeance and was reborn as the vigilante known as The Punisher.
As The Punisher, Castle wages ruthless war against organized crime as an army of one, utilizing his military training and arsenal to do what other heroes won't.
Quake (Daisy Johnson)
Daisy Johnson, formerly an upstart hacker known as Skye, is now a highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.After meeting her monstrous father Cal and Inhuman mother Jiaying, Diasy learned her real name and honed her ability to channel the vibrations of an earthquake. She now leads S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mission to find and protect other Inhumans around the world.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her Earthquake deals damage and shuffles the game board.
Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross is the U.S. Air Force General who originally oversaw Bruce Banner's experiments with Gamma Radiation.
After years of trying to track down the Hulk, a similar experiment transformed him into Red Hulk.
- Burning with Anger: His Seeing Red passive destroys tiles on board if the opponent deals enough damage towards him.
- In-Series Nickname: Ross was nicknamed 'Thunderbolt' by his troops because he 'struck like a thunderbolt' against their enemies.
- Mana Burn: Hammer & Anvil damages the enemy drains enemy's green AP if Red Hulk has 18 or more green AP.
- Mana Drain: Red Hulk drains the enemy's green AP using Gamma Siphon.
Riri Williams (Ironheart)
Riri Williams was an engineering prodigy, receiving a full ride scholarship to M.I.T. What began as a personal challenge to build her own prototype Iron Man armor, soon became a secret project. Impressed, Tony Stark visited and endorsed Riri's desire to become a Super Hero
Rocket And Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
wanted for over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escaping from custody, Rocket and Groot bounty hunted their way all over the known universe until fate led them to be heroes.
Groot gave his life to save his best friend, but don't worry - he grew back. Now they're saving the galaxy for fun and profit all over again.
After spending more than a lifetime as Captain America, Steve Rogers passed that mantle on to his comrade-in-arms, Sam Wilson.
With years of experience both as a solo hero and an Avenger, Sam Wilson combines his friend's legendary shield with his own incredible aerial skills as the All-New Captain America.
- Captain Ethnic: This version of Captain America is African-American.
- Legacy Character: Sam Wilson takes up the mantle of Captain America after Steve Rogers retired.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Wings of Liberty creates shield tiles in all of the yellow tiles available on the board.
- Mighty Glacier: His entire moveset is centered friendly defense tiles. Wings of Liberty spams the playing field with defense tiles and Dive Bomb gets a power boost from the number of defense tiles on his team.
- Primary-Color Champion: He inherited the same color abilities as Steve Rogers.
Sandman (Flint Marko)
While escaping prison, Flint Marko hid on what he thought was an abandoned beach. That beach turned out to be a nuclear test site, and the blast fused his body with the surrounding sand!
As Sandman, Marko would use his ability to change size and shape to commit crimes and constantly run afoul of the Amazing Spider-Man, eventually becoming a founding member of the Sinister Six
Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)
Gwen Stacy spent her high school days hanging out with friends and dreaming of Rock Stardom until a bite from a radioactive spider changed everything.With her incredible powers - the propertional strength, speed and agility of a spider - Gwen fights crime as Spider-Woman, trying to balance her social life with newfound responsibility.
Armed with a new Stark Tech suit, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man will have to use his wit, strength, and Spider-Sense to help the other heroes stop Thanos from enacting his master plan to collect all the Infinity Stones.
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
When young Jessica Drew fell fatally ill, her Hydra-scientist parents ran a genetic experiment to save her life. The procedure not only worked, but also gave her incredible powers! In addition to being super strong, super fast, and super durable, Spider-Woman can store and release biolectric "venom blasts" and release mind-altering pheromones.
As a member of the Avengers, Spider-Woman endeavors to save the worldand outrun her past.
Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
Peter Quill, also known as Star-Lord, is a thief, a liar, and a cheat. He's also a pretty good guy. The son of the king of Spartax and a woman from Earth, Star-Lord's saved the universe from certain destruction more times that he can count.
He united the Guardians of the Galaxy during the Phalanx Conquest and has been their fearless leader ever since.
- Bait-and-Switch: Star-Lord pulls a switcheroo with his Sleigh Of Hand replacing a non-countdown tile with his own countdown tile dealing damage later.
- Guile Hero: Peter Quill's abilities reflect on his pragmatic wits and fighting style.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Peter Quill reduces the friendly Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Yellow ability costs by 2 AP using Everybody With Me.
- Look Behind You: Oldest Trick In The Book describes Star-Lord shouting if that was Beta Ray Bill before throwing a sucker punch at his target.
- Pragmatic Hero: Two out of the three abilities Star-Lord has are designed to reflect his saboteur style.
Talos (Skrull Warlord)
Talos, perhaps the most cunning spy in all of the Skrull Empire, is a master of shapeshifting and intergalactic espionage. An intergral leader of the Skrull's efforts in the bitter Kree-Skrull War, the fearsome Talos will do whatever it takes to protect his own.
- Marquee Alter Ego: Access Granted shows his human disguise, which like in the movie is just Ben Mendelsohn without the green make-up.
- Never Trust a Trailer: In a case of Demiurge working with just promotional material, Talos is a straight-up villain, when a twist in Captain Marvel is that the Skrulls are actually victims of persecution, with Cap even switching sides to help them.
At long last, Thanos has fulfilled his destiny. He secured the six Infinity Stones, assembled the Infinity Gauntlet, and balanced the universe.
Has he finally earned a much-needed rest, or are there still more battles to fight?
The Thing (Classic)
When military test pilot Benjamin J. Grimm was bombarded with cosmic rays he became the Fantastic Four's strongest member, the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing!
With skin of tough orange rock Ben can't revert to human form, and longs to be normal again. Despite that sadness, the Thing never shies away from a fight when it's time to protect his family.
- Catchphrase: It's Clobberin' Time is so iconic that it will stuns the palooka right in the kisser!
- Gentle Giant: Ben is described as the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing. But if you mess with his family, you'll regret upsetting him.
- Made of Iron: Rock Solid helps his entire team to reduce the amount of damage by tanking the huge damage and create protect tiles.
Thor (Goddess of Thunder)
Whoever Holds This Hammer If She Be Worthy, Shall Possess the Power of... THOR.
- Action Girl: This time, a woman is worthy to hold the power of Thor.
- Shock and Awe: Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes with Power Surge.
- Weapon of Choice: Naturally, Mjollnir bestows the power of Thor of whoever is worthy of wielding the hammer.
Venom (Agent Venom)
Inspired by Spider-Man, Flash Thompson dedicated himself to helping in the US Army. After losing his legs in battle, the government brought him closer to Spider-Man than he could have imagined.
Bonding Flash with the Venom symbiote, the Army returned his legs and created a new breed of Super Soldier - Agent Venom! But in the heat of battle, who;s really in control - Flash... or the symbiote?
Venom (Eddie Brock)
After Spider-Man rejected his alien costume, it bonded with Eddit Brock, a disgraced journalist and someone who hated Spider-Man as much as the costume itself.
The symbiote grants Brock amplified versions of Spider-Man's abilities and together their hatred combines to creates Venom, Spider-Man's deadliest foe.
Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
When a failed business opportunity left him desperate, Adrian Toomes became a black market power-player by scavenging the advanced tech and alienweapons left behind from previous Super Hero battles/ Outfitting himself with a massive winged vehicle assembled from these scraps, the Vulture has set his sights on stealing technology so advanced that nobody would be able to stop him once he has it
War Machine (James Rhodes)
Skilled military pilot and friend of Tony Stark, James "Rhodey" Rhodes first donned the War Machine armor after believing his friend to be dead and taking control of Stark Industries. Feeling betrayed after Tony's return, he was given the armor as a peace offering.Adopting the identity War Machine, James Rhodes uses his piloting skills and advanced weapons systems to fight as a powerful and effective force of justice.
- More Dakka: War Machine's Gattling Gun shoots bullets with Countdown Tiles that destroy tiles around them.
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
Hoping to avenge her father's death, socialite and fashion designer Janet Van Dyne sought help from her father's colleague Hank Pym. Revealing himself to be Ant-Man, Pym performed a procedure granting Janet the ability to shrink and grow wings, transforming herself into The Wasp!
As a founding member and longtime leader of the Avengers, Wasp has proben that despite her size she can still be a resourceful and effective asset to any team!
Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
Rescued from death by Russian scientists in World War 2, Captain America's partner James "Bucky" Barnes was brainwashed and turned into an deadly assassin - the Winter Soldier.After decades of dirty work, the Winter Soldier crossed paths with Captain America, who helped his old friend regain his memories and freedom. With his weapons expertise, deadly aim and cybernetic arm, Bucky now works to redeem himself for his time spent as a tool of evil.
X-Force does what needs doing to protect mutantkind when no one else will. Master hunter Wolverine leads the X-Men's secret assassination squad.
Laura Kinney was born in a lab. The 23rd attempt to create a stable clone from Wolverine's DNA, she was dubbed X-23.
After escaping her incarceration, she tracked down Wolverine and enrolled in the Charles Xavier school. She has recently donned her progenitor's blue-and-yellows and taken on the mantle of the All-New Wolverine.
Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
Leader of the Ravagers, Yondu Udonta is an unscrupulous pirate perpetually in search of his next big score. Though once hired to capture the young Earthling Peter Quill, a last-minute change of heart caused Yondu to betray his employer and bring Quill into the Ravager fold as one of his own, serving as his surrogate father. Though his greed often tempts him to betray even his closest allies, he does occasionally show a soft spot for Quill.