Christopher Michael Pratt (born June 21, 1979) is an American actor.
Pratt started his career as an unknown on television, notably in Everwood and Parks and Recreation. In addition, he had supporting roles in romantic movies like Her and Bride Wars. It was not until 2014, when he was cast as Peter Quill / Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, and started to earn greater roles in later Hollywood films like Jurassic World and Passengers (2016). Since then, he became one of the most popular actors working in Hollywood today, alongside being recognized for his down-to-earth Nice Guy personality.
He was married to Anna Faris for eight years before they filed for separation, and later filed for divorce. Since July 2018, he has been dating Katherine Schwarzenegger, daughter of legendary Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Everwood (2002-2006): Harold Brightwood "Bright" Abbott
- Wanted (2008): Barry
- Parks and Recreation (2009-2015): Andy Dwyer
- Bride Wars (2009): Fletcher
- Deep in the Valley (2009): Lester Watts
- Jennifer's Body (2009): Roman Duda
- Moneyball (2011): Scott Hatteberg
- What's Your Number? (2011): Disgusting Donald
- The Five-Year Engagement (2012): Alex Eilhauer
- Zero Dark Thirty (2012): Justin
- Movie 43 (2013): Doug
- her (2013): Paul
- The LEGO Movie (2014) (voice): Emmet Brickowski
- The Magnificent Seven (2016): Josh Faraday
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2014 — present) as Peter Quill / Star-Lord:
- Jurassic Park (2015 — present) as Owen Grady
- Passengers (2016): Jim Preston
Tropes that apply to Chris Pratt's work:
- The Big Guy: He's 6 feet and 2 inches tall. James Gunn notes in the commentary for Guardians how hard it was to cast characters who would look intimidating next to him.
- Caper Rationalization: Stole the Star-Lord jacket off the set of Guardians of The Galaxy so he could wear it while visiting sick kids in hospital.
- The Everyman: Taken to extremes in The LEGO Movie where his character's averageness is the only thing notable about him. Shows up in other works, with him being an Audience Surrogate (being the only human in Guardians of the Galaxy, for example).
- He is even noted to be one of the most down-to-earth celebrities.
- Fan Nickname: Fried Rodent, a pun on his name (Chris Pratt => Crisp Rat => Fried Rodent).
- Formerly Fat: He was overweight back in his sitcom days, and has lost the weight since preparing for his role in Guardians.ice
- Mr. Fanservice: In addition to being a Nice Guy, he's also seen to be a very attractive man by many people, as Nick Offerman says in the above quote.
- Fun Fact: He used to be a stripper before he gaining fame as an actor.
- Nice Guy: He generally plays an affable, nice role and is nice in real-life.
- Refuge in Audacity: Both The LEGO Movie and Guardians have him spontaneously start dancing in order to distract a bad guy. And he's pretty good in making it as ridiculous as possible.
- Toilet Humour: You might notice that a lot of his ad-libs involve bodily waste and sex jokes.
- The Unblinking: In a 2018 guest appearance on Spanish talk show El Hormiguero, he was challenged to take part in the show's International No-Blink Championship, clocking in at a whopping 6 minutes and 5 seconds without a blink. That was more than twice as much as the previous record — Ryan Reynolds' 2:36. His record stood until May 2019.
- Verbal Tic: His frequent use of the word "dude" is often extended to his characters.