Christopher Michael Pratt (born June 21, 1979 in Virginia, Minnesota) is an American actor.
Pratt started his career as an unknown on television, notably in Everwood and Parks and Recreation. In addition, he had supporting roles in romantic movies like Her and Bride Wars. It was not until 2014, when he was cast as Peter Quill / Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, and started to earn greater roles in later Hollywood films like Jurassic World and Passengers (2016). Since then, he became one of the most popular actors working in Hollywood today, alongside being recognized for his down-to-earth Nice Guy personality and outspoken religious piety.
He was married to Anna Faris for eight years before they filed for separation, and later for divorce. Since June 2019, he is the son-in-law of Arnold Schwarzenegger, being married to the latter's daughter Katherine.
- Everwood (2002-2006): Harold Brightwood "Bright" Abbott
- Wanted (2008): Barry
- Parks and Recreation (2009-2015): Andy Dwyer
- Bride Wars (2009): Fletcher
- Deep in the Valley (2009): Lester Watts
- Jennifer's Body (2009): Roman Duda
- Moneyball (2011): Scott Hatteberg
- What's Your Number? (2011): Disgusting Donald
- The Five-Year Engagement (2012): Alex Eilhauer
- Zero Dark Thirty (2012): Justin
- Movie 43 (2013): Doug
- her (2013): Paul
- The LEGO Movie (2014) (voice): Emmet Brickowski
- The Magnificent Seven (2016): Josh Faraday
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2014 — present) as Peter Quill / Star-Lord:
- Jurassic Park as Owen Grady
- Passengers (2016): Jim Preston
- Onward (2020): Barley Lightfoot
Tropes that apply to Chris Pratt's work:
- Caper Rationalization: Stole the Star-Lord jacket off the set of Guardians of the Galaxy so he could wear it while visiting sick kids in hospital.
- The Everyman: Taken to extremes in The LEGO Movie where his character's averageness is the only thing notable about him. Shows up in other works, with him being an Audience Surrogate (being the only human in Guardians of the Galaxy, for example). He is even noted to be one of the most down-to-earth celebrities.
- Fan Nickname: Fried Rodent, a pun on his name (Chris Pratt => Crisp Rat => Fried Rodent).
- Formerly Fat: He was overweight back in his sitcom days, and has lost the weight since preparing for his role in Guardians.
- Hilarious Outtakes: There eventually came a point where the only outtakes from Parks and Recreation anybody remembered were the ones with Pratt in it, thanks to the sheer amount of Corpsing his improvisation induced.Leslie Knope: Everyone loves a good comeback story. Rocky...
Andy Dwyer: Kim Kardashian?
Andy: Well, in the video she gets-she gets cum on her back, I think.
[Everybody loses it]
- Mr. Fanservice: In addition to being a Nice Guy, he's also a very attractive man, as Nick Offerman says in the above quote. Fun Fact: He used to be a strippernote before gaining fame as an actor.
- Nice Guy: He generally plays an affable, nice role and is nice in real-life.
- Refuge in Audacity: Both The LEGO Movie and Guardians have him spontaneously start dancing in order to distract a bad guy. And he's pretty good in making it as ridiculous as possible.
- Toilet Humour: You might notice that a lot of his ad-libs involve bodily waste and sex jokes.
- The Unblinking: In a 2018 guest appearance on Spanish talk show El Hormiguero, he was challenged to take part in the show's International No-Blink Championship, clocking in at a whopping 6 minutes and 5 seconds without a blink. That was more than twice as much as the previous record — Ryan Reynolds' 2:36. His record stood until May 2019, when Spanish actor Imanol Arias managed 7:03.
- Verbal Tic: His frequent use of the word "dude" is often extended to his characters.