The Vision is a Marvel Comics superhero created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema.
A synthetic humanoid built from the remains of the android Human Torch, the Vision made his debut in The Avengers #57 (October, 1968) as a creation of the super-villain Ultron. The Vision is convinced to rebel against his creator after encountering The Avengers, who invite him to join the team. Named by The Wasp, who described him as an "unearthly, inhuman vision", the Vision becomes one of Avengers' longest-serving members until his death during Avengers Disassembled. This went to the point in the 1970s when The Avengers standard cover masthead picture in the left hand corner was just him. He came Back from the Dead a few years later and once again features in Avengers books.
The Vision has appeared in the following works:
- The Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol. 1 (1982-1983)
- The Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol. 2 (1985-1986)
- The Vision Vol. 1 (1994-1995)
- The Vision Vol. 2 (2002-2003)
- Ultimate Vision (2007) note
- The Vision Vol. 3 (2015 - 2016)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe: Played by Paul Bettany:
- Captain America and the Avengers: Vision is one of the four playable characters.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance: (voiced by Roger Rose) Vision appears as a striker on the PSP version of the game and as an NPC in other versions.
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance: Shown as the direct creation of Ultron, he turns on his master and joins the alliance.
- Marvel Future Fight: Appears as a playable character.
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers: Vision is one of the main characters in the Story Mode, based entirely on his appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Lego Marvel Superheroes 2: Appears as a playable character.
- Fantastic Four: The Animated Series
- The Avengers: United They Stand (voiced by Ron Rubin)
- The Super Hero Squad Show
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (voiced by Peter Jessop)
- Avengers Assemble (voiced by David Kaye)