KAGAMI FAMILYThe main character and his sister.
A 24 year old hardcore Otaku who spends his days at home working to improve his anime blog. Junichirou is a physics genius who published a paper that caused a huge turmoil at the scientific world when he was just 17 with a theory to create a teleportation device in the same fashion of Doraemons "Anywhere Door", that despite ridiculed by academics, all efforts to disprove it have failed so far, because it will take centuries for mankind to develop the technology necessary to assemble it.
Despite being scouted to work at the most important research centers in the world, Junichirou claims to suffer from a disease that "makes him do what he wants", and thus, he declined all of their offers. However, after having been forced by his sister to spend a month working as a teacher at Higashi Shinmei High School, he is scouted out by Koyomi Hiiragi, and convinced to work at her private school, Hiiragi Academy. Since then, Junichirou splits his time between making use of his unusual methods to reform stray students of said campus and focusing on his otaku hobbies.
Junichirou eventually comes to a disagreement with Hiiragi Academys principal, Hiiragi Arisu, regarding her methods of how she has been running the main campus, and decides to take his teaching job a step further; challenging Arisu for her principal position of Hiiragi Academy to remake the dreaded prison system Arisu had built.
- The Ace: Junichirou as a teenager due to his knowledge in physics. In the present, he's a genius programmer as well.
- Anime Hair: Junichirou has a rather outrageous quiff.
- Asexual: Due to his lack of reaction to all the fanservice around him, this is basically a given.
- Badass Boast: Often, one of these goes hand-in-hand when a challenge is issued or accepted.
- Badass Bookworm: Kagami is so good at Science that he was able to prove a scientific theory without breaking a sweat when the best scientists in the world were having trouble disproving it. And yet he doesn't fear some monsters like Nanami and can take punches to the face as well as being whacked by a baseball bat on an everyday basis.
- Berserk Button: He takes it quite personally when people diss Anime.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite his odd choice of profession, he gets the job done as a teacher turning the lives of stray students around, and is well respected in the field of science and technology to the point that even CERM wants to seriously hire him.
- Captain Ersatz: A lot of people have made the connection that he looks like a much older Negi Springfield.
- Childhood Friends: With Yamato and Tomoya.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Students and adults alike; he hasn't noticed the massive harem he's built up over the story.
- Composite Character: Junichirou is basically what you get when you combine Great Teacher Onizuka with The God of Conquest.
- Cool Teacher: It's in the manga's name afterall. Seriously though, who wouldn't want to have Junichirou as their teacher?
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Junichirou was forced by his sister to become a teacher to get him out of his NEET status, then was sacked barely a month after he started, then got offered a job for CERM, then got hired by an eccentric school chairman, then gladly accepts an offer at KEC from an old classmate of his after getting talked out of teaching by the CERM representative who came to his house earlier. Apparently, it is difficult for a hardcore Otaku to get a life.
- Gender Bender: In the virtual magical girl game competition against Subaru's team.
- Guile Hero: Has a knack for manipulating people for their own good.
- Hikikomori: The very definition of one; never wanting to leave his house.
- Hot-Blooded: Gets this way when it comes to talking about Anime & Manga.
- Invincible Hero: So far, he hasn't lost in any significant manner, and some fans are getting bored of that. His saving grace is that he never stops pulling Crazy Awesome stunts that prevent the manga from becoming stale.
- NEET: Before he started teaching, he just sat in his room updating his internet blog.
- The Nicknamer: Gives a lot of the people he comes across their own unique name. Look to the comment below anyone's picture here to see the name Junichirou bestowed upon them.
- Playful Hacker: Comes with being a genius in tech; from creating a chat-room with firewalls as powerful as those that protect the Pentagon, to creating a game program specifically to help a student pass a school exam.
- Proud to Be a Geek: And he enjoys every minute of it.
- Otaku: And he enjoys every minute of it.
- Refuge in Audacity: Holy hell, is he ever. Nine times out of ten, Kagami's first response to getting challenged or insulted in some manner (or both) is to crank his bravado Up to Eleven and deliver a Badass Boast alongside setting up a duel of some kind, whereupon Kagami will proceed to screw with everyone's expectations and win the challenge in his usual fashion.
- Serious Business: Anything surrounding his otaku life.
- Shirtless Scene: In episode 14.
- Teacher/Student Romance: In his defense though, he doesn't realize that a couple of his students have feelings for him.
- Then Subaru invokes this when she first appears, when she attempts to join Kagami right from the start of his campaign in the main branch. Later, she finally forces Kagami to face her feelings in a battle where they'll become lovers if she wins.
- Teen Genius: Was this in the past when he got his theory recognized in the science world.
- Trickster Mentor: His "lessons" seem pointless and out-of-this-world at first, but ends up changing the lives of several students for the better.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: The clincher of his extremely ridiculous plan to pass Mimori's test.
Junichirous younger sister and a student at Ichou Academy. Her hobby is batting practice, and is the only person that Junichirou really fears. She gets angry at her brother's otaku antics; wishing for him to finally land a job to put his technical skills to good use, and is responsible for all the family's finances; forbidding Junichirou from buying anything without her approval. Despite all the trouble he causes her however, Suzune is very fond of him and wants to take care of him forever. Perhaps even taking her fondness of her brother a little too far at times...
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Despite how Suzune often threatens and scares Junichirou with her violent tendencies, she genuinely loves her brother with all her heart. Often times, she's the first person to become worried about him whenever it looks like something bad happened to him. Their sibling bond shines particularly strongly in the Sibling Teams match between the Kagami siblings and the Akamine siblings, where it is in her memories of her childhood where Junichirou played with her that she finds the knowledge to be an asset to Junichirou.
- Berserk Button: Her brother's otaku hobbies drive her over the edge to the point of hitting him with a bat.
- Big Brother Attraction: Shows signs of this; one particular example is her confusion over her brother's actions when he forces the two into an incest play to help Tanaka develop her next manga chapter.
- BrotherSister Incest: It's strongly implied a few times that Suzune likes Junichirou this way. For the most part, it's one-sided.
- First-Name Basis: Notable because Suzune is the only regular character who never gets a nickname from Junichirou—though that may also be because she'd probably hit him if he gave her one.
- Improbable Weapon User: She does use a baseball bat afterall.
- Tsundere: Suzune can pretend to disdain her brother all she wantsnote . She still loves him.
- Weapon of Choice: A wooden bat.
HIGASHI SHINMEI HIGH SCHOOLThe high-school Suzune sends an application to in Junichirous name; resulting in him becoming one of its teachers. He ends up working here for a month before his replacement appears.
- Voiced by: Kanehira Yamamoto (Japanese), Bradley Campbell (English)
The easy-going principal of the high-school Junichirou applies for. He accepts Junichirou as a teacher, but for only a temporary time-period until the actual teacher theyve been waiting on arrives.
- Cool Old Guy: Is actually quite an understanding person when Junichirou decides to run out of the job interview to meet a girl that was singing on the roof. He hires Junichirou anyway.
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya (Japanese), Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
A former delinquent leader of the Black Oracle gang who hated the world, because of its non-existence of heroes. However, after a bit of inspiration from Junichirou over an online chat-channel, she decides to reinvent herself as a voice-actress.
- Childhood Friends: With members of the Black Oracle gang: Kitou, Nanami and Taki.
- Decoy Protagonist: At first it seemed like she was going to be the main female character of the series who would either turn into Platonic Life-Partners with Junichirou or even possibly become his main love interest. However, she only turns out to be a supporting character at best who appears sporadically throughout the series.
- Delinquents: Used to be part of Miho's Girl Posse, until a sympathetic person from the Internet inspired her to become a hero. Said person was actually Kagami. This is how Minako came to know about Nanami, by the way.
- Out of Focus: Due to being a Higashi Shinmei student, she only appears in later story arcs that usually deal with her past friends from the Black Oracle gang.
- The Rival: Claims to be this to Kanan after she decided to also become a Seiyuu.
- Seiyuu: Her future goal after a bit of encouragement from Junichirou.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Shows the occasional hint towards Junichirou.
- Voiced by: Yuiko Tatsumi (Japanese), Jamie Marchi (English)
Another delinquent from the Black Oracle gang who bullies Kanoe in an attempt to get her to return to her delinquent ways. After receiving a bullying lesson from Junichirou however, she ends up befriending Kanoe and decides to follow her example; wishing to become a famous chef in the future. Little did she know that the lesson she received ended up being the catalyst to Junichirous career at Hiiragi Academy...
- Alpha Bitch: She acts like this initially, particularly towards Kanou. Though, She got better.
- Childhood Friends: With members of the Black Oracle gang: Kanou, Nanami and Taki.
- Delinquent: A member of the Black Oracle gang.
- HeelFace Turn: Junichirou's lesson changed her for the better, and befriends Kanou afterwards.
- Out of Focus: Played with in-universe as she complains to the group for being left out of the gang war against Takeda.
- Starter Villain
A Yale University student who comes to Higashi Shinmei to replace Junichirou at his job. He comes off as the exact opposite of Junichirou however; not only badmouthing Junichirou for his weak writing skills and child-like theories, but is a cold believer of following and abiding to the rules to be successful in society.
- Voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama (Japanese), Kristin Sutton (English)
Class representative of Kagami's first ever advisory class. She initially hates Kagami for not taking his teaching job seriously, until she came to know him better.
- Canon Foreigner: Does not appear in the manga.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for Kagami resigning from Higashi Shinmei High School when a photo of him allegedly molesting a female shoplifter went viral over the Internet.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: In the manga, Koyomi posed as a manga shoplifter as part of her plan to recruit him as a teacher at Hiiragi Academy. In the anime, it's Yuriko doing it, but for a different reason. Nonetheless, that still served Koyomi's plan.
HIIRAGI ACADEMYThe private academy school run by the Hiiragi family. The school itself is split in two sections; the main campus which is run by the academy's principle, Hiiragi Arisu, and a branch campus to which Junichirou is initially brought to teach at before being transferred over to partake in the SS group war with the main campus.
The chairman of the Hiiragi Academy private school. Koyomi finds Japan to be too boring by her standards, and wishes to transform the country into a more amusing place. She scouts Junichirou during his work at Higashi Shinmei High, impressed by his teaching methods, and decides to hire him to work as a teacher at Ichou Academy.
- The Chessmaster: It's clear that she has a set plan for the future, and that Junichirou is her "king" piece that will help her establish Japan's reformation.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: You can never tell what she's thinking; only that she seems to find most of Junichirou's antics "interesting."
- The Gadfly: A major contributor of this trope to get her students to go along with Junichirou's antics; particularly Momozono.
- Hair Decorations: A hair-tie.
- Hair Intakes: The two "cat ears" that are part of her hairdo.
- King Incognito: She posed as a manga shoplifter to see if Junichirou had the potential to be hired for her school.
- Paper Fan of Doom: Almost always seen holding one; particularly, up to her mouth.
- Trickster Mentor: Though most of this falls upon Junichirou, she took on this role during the beach training-camp when she had the students team up to retake the hotel from her.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Hopes to one day turn Japan into an interesting country.
The principal of Hiiragi Academy, Koyomis cousin, and the head of the main campus. Her ideal of education is to strip all aspects that make a school sound attractive; a prison-like school that has no meaning of the word fun, and has the students suffer through discipline and agony to the point where only those who have withstood the torture can go on to live excellent lives under the Hiiragi family.
- Anime Hair
- Big Bad: So far, she's the one fulfilling this role, since she runs the system that Junichirou wants to bring down. She hasn't done much on-screen though, other than being a huge elitist bitch.
- Big Eater: And also a super fast one too.
- Hair Decorations: A large bow.
- Kick the Dog: Whenever she isn't mocking Junichirou's methods or scheming to ruin him, her screen time consists of this. A good example is when she takes her anger out on Nami for her defeat by undoing everything's she's worked hard to obtain for years.
Branch Campus; "Ichou Academy"The branch establishment of Hiiragi Academy where teachers and students are brought to and scouted out to see if they are worthy enough to be accepted into the main campus.
After a semester of work and his declaration to start the SS group war against Arisu, Junichirou is considered ready to be transferred to the main campus, and takes along Suzune, Momozono, Nanami, Tanaka and Koutarou as his five chosen students. Koyomi also transfers a reserve team that consists of the five other candidates that didnt get picked originally; Shikishima, Kanan, Madoka, Moemi and Sadamitsu. Together with his ten transferees; Junichirou officially names his Ichou group as Team Silver Core for the SS group war.
The Silver Core Ten
Chosen Team (including Suzune)
The Student Council President, and captain of the Kendo Club, of Ichou Academy. She had the power to expel any teacher or student who did not live up to her standards at the branch campus, but this process ended up going south the moment Junichirou was brought to Ichou. She ends up learning the difference of peoples views after being forced to work as a maid at the Heart-On-Heart café, and from then on, her usual life-style ends up turning upside down as she is forced to go along with Junichirous crazy antics.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council President: Makina Momozono acts as the school chairman's right-hand man and thus can decide whether a student or teacher stays or leaves the school. Until Kagami came along, that is.
- Berserk Button: Makina hates people violating school rules, and is driven over the edge at times due to Junichirou's provocation.
- Childhood Friends: With Tanaka.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her twin-tail hair-style.
- Hair Decorations: Two bows that establish her twin-tail.
- Kendo Team Captain: She's the captain of the Kendo Club.
- Meido: Forced to temporarily work as one to learn the "prestige of a maid".
- Number Two: Was this to Koyomi initially before Junichirou entered the picture. Now, she's basically just another one of the students.
- Ship Tease: Had some with Nanami, by Junichirou's manipulations. Predictably, it doesn't take, and ends with a pissed-off Makina.
- Student Council President: Momozono acts as the school chairman's right-hand man and thus can decide whether a student or teacher stays or leaves the school...that is until Junichirou came along.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Shows the occasional hint towards Junichirou.
- Twin Tails: Her hair-style.
- Weapon of Choice: A wooden Katana.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: Makina's weapon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In Momozono's case, purple.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her home outfit.
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Japanese), Jarrod Greene (English)
A large, aggressive delinquent, and a former member of the Black Oracle gang who attends Ichou Academy. Namami had lost his place in life due to being banned from middle-school baseball for having beaten up another player that was egging him on. With guidance from Junichirou, and his childhood friend, Kanou, however, Nanami develops an understanding for soccer and ends up joining Ichou Academys Soccer Club.
- Anime Hair: Almost as crazy as Junichirou's.
- Berserk Button: Junichirou really knows how to press his buttons at times.
- The Big Guy: The giant of Team Silver Core. He's still pretty big for an Ichou Academy student though.
- Childhood Friends: With members of the Black Oracle gang: Kanou, Kitou and Taki.
- Delinquent: Use to be a member of the Black Oracle gang. His initial aggression towards his classmates sure didn't help.
- HeelFace Turn: Becomes a much more reasonable person after Junichirou taught him soccer.
- Morality Pet: Kanou is this for Nanami when the later became an aggressive student.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: He was described as the monster of Ichou.
- Red Baron: His name alone freaked people out...at least before Junichirou changed his personality.
A famous mangaka under the pen-name Tenjouin Kisaki, and a childhood friend of Momozono. She turns out to be one of the two truant students from Junichirous homeroom who has yet to attend class, and was even held back a grade, at Ichou Academy, due to her continued work on her manga, Shuumatsu Gakuen. To get Tanaka to return to school, Junichirou establishes a deal to have her attend school to observe the student council president for data as she goes about her duties, much to Momozonos chagrin.
- Childhood Friends: With Momozono.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her choice of clothes.
- The Gadfly: Mostly a tease towards Momozono to get her to do what Tanaka wants.
- Hair Decorations: A gothic top.
- Hikikomori: As a truant student, she never left her house where Tanaka just continued to work on manga from her room.
- Mangaka: The creator of Shuumatsu Gakuen and Hanauta.
- Serious Business: How she reacts towards writing manga.
- Teen Genius: A teenage mangaka.
- Write Who You Know: In-Universe example. She usually uses real-life experiences as she goes about writing her manga.
Junichiros partner in an MMORPG, Ouroboros, as a player-avatar named Luce. The two did not know each others real-life identities until Junichirou makes a surprise home visit to Koutarous to what Junichirou believes to be the second of the two truant students from his class. Not only does Junichirou discover that the student, and his MMORPG partner, are one in the same, his student ends up looking a little different than initially described...
- Attractive Bent-Gender: He looks so cute in girl's clothes that he was forbidden to wear a male uniform by Koyomi.
- Bishōnen: Up to Eleven. He's such a pretty-looking boy that no one would guess he's a boy if they are not told.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Despite being a guy, he looks so much like a real girl that those who don't know his identity always mistake him for one.
- Even the Guys Want Him: So cute that even the boys fall for him.
- Hair Decorations: A string.
- Hikikomori: Hardly ever leaves his room.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His long hair only makes him look even more like girl.
- NEET: What Koutarou becomes after becoming a truant student; spending most of his time playing Ouroboros with Junichirou.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: He has long black hair and pale skin and he's so pretty that it's hard to believe he's not a girl.
- Recursive Crossdressing: He attempts to run from his house dressed in his normal male attire.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Though he's male, even he shows the occasional hint towards Junichirou.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In fact, he loves it. Koyomi even bans him from dressing normally.
- Zettai Ryouiki: His home outfit includes thigh-high stockings.
- Voiced by: Azusa Tadokoro (Japanese), Dawn M. Bennett (English)
A low self-esteem student of Ichou Academy who works part-time at the Heart-On-Heart maid-café. Shikishima is threatened with expulsion by Momozono due to breaking a rule that disallows both working and going to school at once. However, she is immediately rescued by Junichirou who not only forces Momozono to work as a café maid to learn the Prestige of a Maid, but helps Shikishima build up her confidence by forcing out her underground Cutter Girl status; having her sing and dance in front of a live audience of her underground fan-base.
- Belly Dancer: Her chosen persona inside the Ouroboros game.
- Hair Decorations: Two clips for her side-braids.
- Idol Singer: Her underground "Cutter Girl" status.
- In-Series Nickname: "Fries" in the manga, "Potato" in the anime.
- Le Parkour
- Meido: Works as a server at the Heart-On-Heart maid-café.
- Red Baron: Her underground "Cutter Girl" status; she's practically a different person.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Shows the occasional hint towards Junichirou.
A beautiful Ichou Academy student who forces herself mute due to her dislike and ridicule of having a voice that sounds like an anime character. Initially, Kanan spoke only to herself through thought and to others through phone texting, but she starts to warm up to Junichirou when he becomes her home tutor for a physics test.Kanan was about to back out of the test at the last second, but Junichirou convinces her otherwise; telling Kanan hes only interested in the person the voice comes from as its a unique part of her that cant be replicated. Kanan appreciates the sentiment, and finally speaks to Junichirou directly; whispering into his ear. Soon after, she joins the Broadcasting Club to be the hyperactive radio-announcer of Ichou; finally satisfied with her voice.
- Blessed with Suck: How she felt initially about her voice due to people constantly talking about it.
- Born Winner: Kanan Chinami is born with a 2.5D voice, which is said to be the ideal voice for anime seiyuus. She did not take this too happily at first, though. But with Kagami's encouragement, she decides to become the official voice mascot of Hiiragi Private Academy.
- Cursed with Awesome: She accepts her voice after a bit of encouragement from Junichirou, and becomes the voice mascot of Ichou Academy.
- Cute Mute: She forces herself to communicate through e-mails, because she thinks people are more interested in her voice over her actual self. She got better thanks to Junichirou's encouragement.
- Hair Decorations: Two; a bow and a string.
- Most Wonderful Sound: In-universe; her anime sounding voice impresses a lot of people.
- The Rival: Kanou.
- Seiyuu: Her new goal after hearing Kawashima Miyuki's performance.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Shows the occasional hint towards Junichirou.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her home outfit.
A new-transfer freshman who has the ability to assess the value of anything just by looking at it. Its due to this ability that Madoka was scouted out by Koyomi to be Ichou Academys treasurer. In addition, her family turns out to be the owner of a well-known gaming company, KMC. Madoka is set to take over the company at the age of 16. However, it comes with the catch that she must marry the CEO of another gaming company, Activision Frigate, or else everyone at her company will get the axe when the company buys KMC out.
- Childhood Friends: With Sadamitsu
- Hair Decorations: A head-strap with a yen attached.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Hands down, the biggest offender of the trope here. Not only does she force her way into Junichirou's household to play the house-wife, she made it her goal to get Junichirou to propose to her somewhere down the line.
- Voiced by: Shiina Natsukawa (Japanese)
Takis primary idol opponent of the Familin Ranger Brothers Squadron event, getting a perfect score, but is defeated by Nagaru (substituting for Taki) who also sung a perfect score; resulting in Nagarus victory due to a tie always going to the reigning champion. It is later revealed that Moemi is actually a student of Ichou Academy when Junichirou comes across her during Ichou Academys training-camp at the beach.
- Ascended Extra: Starts off as a one-shot character in the Komiya Twins arc; becomes a recurring member of the Silver Core team.
- Idol Singer: Sang in the Familin Rangers Brothers Squadron event; getting a perfect score.
- Number Two: Stands alongside Junichirou during the seduction match between Silver Core and The Legends.
A boasting freshman student and an old friend of Madoka. He holds a grudge against the people of the main campus for not accepting him as a student, and does everything he can to be one of the students Junichirou chooses for the SS group war against the main campus; even garnering enough votes to be the number one candidate initially. Despite having done everything perfectly however, he failed to leave a unique impression on the students voting and ended up not getting chosen.
Other Branch Students
A student who seeks out Junichirou; hoping for him to become his match-maker for the girl he likes which turns out to be Momozono. Hes unable to confess due to the blood always rushing to his head; causing him to get a nosebleed.
A shy student who has a crush on Nanami. Kanan brings her to Junichirou to play match-maker for the two, afraid to have any part in it at first simply because its Nanami, but agrees after some provocation by Kanan.
- Shrinking Violet: Very much so; it takes a near-death experience for her to finally confess.
A top grade student who lost her way due to the implementation of Junichirous Routine Buster. Unlike the rest of her schoolmates who went off to do their own thing, Tachibana stayed behind to continue studying for tests the normal way; unable to decide what to do for herself.
- Interrupted Suicide: Was set to jump off a building before Tomoya talked her out of it.
The captain of Ichou Academys soccer team who makes recurring appearances here and there; mostly alongside his new teammate, Nanami.
Main CampusThe prime establishment of Hiiragi Academy. Its run like a prison under Hiiragi Arisu and has its students assigned letter ranks, E, D, C, B, A and S based on the amount of points theyve obtained. Here, the students battle each other in school events for the other students points to increase their rank from E to S; establishing a better life style with every rank they gain.
Additionally, people who wish to combine points has the loser become the child of who is deemed the winner, and those who lose all their points are expelled from the academy; with all their possessions burned on exit. One who obtains all the points can gain a rank beyond S; the SS rank, which will allow that person to take over as principal of Hiiragi Academy.
A past, 22 year old, friend of Junichirou. He left Japan shortly after the start of high-school to see the world, and is not only seen to be just as good a gamer as Junichirou; beating Hell Gates in a Call of Enemy 2 tournament match, but also became a teacher during his time in the United States. Having now returned to Japan, he and Junichirou reunite after the later witnesses Tomoya stop an Ichou student, Tachibana, from attempting to commit suicide.
- Alliterative Name: Tokisaka Tomoya.
- Childhood Friends: With Junichirou.
- Cool Teacher: A more laid-back type compared to Junichirou.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: He decided to travel the world hoping to find something that could be defined as a miracle. He has yet to find it.
- Knight of Cerebus: Creates a new faction "Black Core" that literally beats other students into submission. All to force Junichirou to take him seriously as an opponent.
- Eyes Always Closed: Self-explanatory.
A virtual artificial-intelligence whose job is to act as the guide that manages the students within the main campus. It can be seen through the use of a special smart-phone which was given to Junichirou when he transfers to the E-rank dormitory. Misao is programmed to be extremely hardcore on the students, having been set rules and chores to always have them disciplined and hard at work.
- Artificial Intelligence: An AI that can only be seen through a special phone built for the main campus.
The referee for the rank matches between students.
- Artificial Intelligence: A tiny robot.
A love-sick student, nicknamed the "Unrequited Love-Warrior," who claims to suffer from a deadly disease, resulting in her to die if one does not love. The disease allows Subaru to become stronger depending on how much unrequited love she is currently experiencing. Subaru also has the ability of synesthesia which allows her to feel other peoples thoughts, feelings, colors and tastes. She sets her eyes on Junichirou after witnessing his declaration to become the Hiiragi Academys principle.
- Hair Decorations: Two hair clips.
A game-loving third-year student. He is the leader of Team Blue Corps, and is one who considers himself to be a huge fan of Junichirou. He first appears alongside Tendou as they watch, from afar, Junichirous group defeating Team Titan in soccer; looking forward to Blue Corps eventual encounter with the teacher.
A student of Hiiragi Academy's main campus, and the leader of team Red Core. Makoto first appears when Junichirou comes across him sitting atop a mound of broken electronics and video-games; rounding up parts to repair an aerial combat simulator, Force Combat, as a present for his little sister, Tamaki. Here, Makoto explains to Junichirou that Tamaki has always been there for him, and that this is the least he can do for her as a form of appreciation. Impressed by his will do to this just for his sibling, Junichirou, as well as Suzune who was with Junichirou at the time, decide to help him repair the simulator.
A Team Blue Corps student who looks down on those who dont work hard for game matches. He appears before students of the E-rank dormitory with a candle and gas canister; trying to burn the food harvest of the recently expelled, Team Noble Garden. Junichirou however, steps in moments before he could burn the product and challenges Daiki to revoke Noble Gardens expulsion.
An emotionless student and the personification of Arisus prison ideal for the main campus; brain-washed to follow every command Arisu forces upon her. She first meets Junichirou when she shows him a photograph of Mukyou Reiko; trying to find the run-away to bring back to the main campus.
- Hair Decorations: A pair of binoculars.
A large intimidating shark-tooth student and the leader of Team Titan. He first appears before Nami and Reikos Team White Princess; having switched places with their original opponent to force White Princess into becoming their followers after beating them into submission through a soccer game. Half way through the game however, it comes to a halt as Nami decides to make Team White Princess part of Junichirous group; setting the stage for Junichirou to battle Team Titan for the second half of the soccer game.
A womanizer student, and the leader of the idol band team, The Legends. To increase their rank, his band does not fight in normal group events to increase their point total, but instead gains points through donations by their female fans from the concerts they perform.
- Bishōnen: He and his team, Legends. He also openly and unashamedly admits that being pretty boys is the only thing they're really good for. They still lose to Junichirou's unorthodox methods.
A short, first-year, genius girl who has the unique ability to do anything as long as she has seen it accomplished just once. She also has a rough time telling people apart; having to rely on smell and taste to differentiate people from one another. Junichirou first met Reiko when she arrived at KEC as a one-day intern; set-up by Koyomi to give Reiko a taste of Junichirous interesting hobbies. She reappears later on hiding in Junichirous classroom from Shirakawa Nami who had been looking for Reiko to drag back to the main campus.
- Hair Decorations: A headband.
A freshman member of Team White Princess who was forced to play a soccer game against Team Titan, but ends up as part of Junichirous group after Nami made team White Princess his child. When Junichirou and his students are transferred to the E-rank dormitory, Narasawa acts as the guide that shows them around the dorm, and later that night, Narasawa has a heart-to-heart talk with Junichirou when the later joins him on the dorms roof.
A freshman member of Team White Princess who was forced to play a soccer game against Team Titan, but ends up as part of Junichirous group after Nami made team White Princess his child. He makes the occasional appearance around the E-rank dormitory after Junichirou and his students are transferred there.
A Rank-E freshman member of Team White Princess who was forced to play a soccer game against Team Titan, but ends up as part of Junichirous group after Nami made team White Princess his child. She makes the occasional appearance around the E-rank dormitory after Junichirou and his students are transferred there.
The leader of Team Noble Garden whose forte is gardening. Uekusa and her team tends to farm fields as the food suppliers for the E-rank dormitory, and go about teaching Junichirou and company on how to become an accomplished farmer.
An intelligent grade-A student, and the leader of Team Half Wings. She catches Junichirous attention when he realizes that she had become good friends with Moemi during Silver Cores stay at the E-dormitory.
- Hair Decorations: A clip on her bangs.
Unsorted Main Campus Students
A third-year student, and reporter, nicknamed the Teacher Killer, of the Newspaper Club. Kichou writes her articles based solely upon half-truths and exaggerations regarding certain teachers that catch her eye which, as a result, causes most of the teachers she writes about to leave the school.
A student of Hiiragi Academy's main campus, and a member of team Blue Corps. Tendou appears alongside the Blue Corps team leader.
- Satellite Character: The soul purpose of her existence so far is for Aizawa to have someone to talk to when discussing the group war.
A student of Hiiragi Academy's main campus, and the sub-leader of team Red Core. She is nicknamed the "Red Meteor" for her accomplishment as the youngest high-school champion in the aerial simulation game "Force Combat."
SUPPORTING CHARACTERSPeople that play a major role in the story who arent part of the school settings.
A past colleague of Junichirou who created and directs CERM, a Physics Particle Research Laboratory established in Geneva, Switzerland, in an attempt to disprove Junichirous theory on creating a teleportation device.
- Voiced by: Aya Hirano (Japanese)
A former student from the same high-school class as Junichirou. In the past, Yamato was the only member of the schools science club until Junichirou decided to join it to learn how to make a Dokodemo Door; and ended up being taught physics by Yamato in the process.
A programming genius, CEO of Activision Frigate, and Madokas political fiancé. He is considered a master and self-proclaimed king of video-gaming; being a 3-time consecutive worldwide gaming champion in the FPS game, Call of Enemy.
- Voiced by: Risa Taneda (Japanese)
A wayward ghost of a former Ichou student who died a year ago, and has, since then, been haunting one of Hiiragi Academys training-camps. Matome encounters Junichirou when he stumbles upon her atop a stack of manga in the training camps library, and asks him to help her pass on to the afterlife to which Junichirou deduces that it has something to do with the manga Matome had been reading all this time.
- Curtains Match the Window: Blue hair and blue eyes.
- Cute Ghost Girl: She's a ghost, but she's just too cute to be scary.
- Friendly Ghost: She doesn't want to scare anyone and when she meets Junichirou she's just very happy to meet someone who can help her pass on.
- Girlish Pigtails: She has a pair of cute twintails.
- Otaku: She loves to read manga and has memorized all manga in the training camp's library. She even dreamed of becoming a mangaka when she was alive.
- Unfinished Business: The cause of Matome's inability to rest-in-peace is discovered to be because she wishes to read the final chapter of her favorite manga, that was never released. The author turns out to be none other than Tanaka, who then shows Matome the final unreleased chapter. Matome thinks she can pass on now, but she realizes she can't. Junichirou then thinks Matome is still bond by her wish to write her own manga and encourages Matome to create one page of her own manga that basically described what happened moments before her death. Matome is now satisfied with everything and disappears... But instead of departing, she stays haunting bookstores to continue to read Tanaka's current work, Shuumatsu Gakuen.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purplish blue hair.
Taki and Nagaru Komiya
Junichirou meets the first twin, Taki, at a game arcade during summer vacation. Here, Taki invites Junichirou to play in the arcade with her as a thank you for getting Momozono, who was trying to send her home, off her tail, but are interrupted when a group of thugs appear in the area. However, it turns out that these delinquents are actually all friends of Taki, and that she is the established leader of their gang, Black Oracle Neo; reformed from Kanous original Black Oracle gang.
The second twin, Nagaru, turns out to be the idol singer of a group known as 5th Queens where she later calls up Junichirou to meet him personally; asking him to get Taki out of the gang.
- Casting Gag: In the Japanese version, they are also voiced by twins.
- Childhood Friends: Taki was this with the previous members of the Black Oracle gang: Kanou, Kitou and Nanami.
- Delinquent: Taki is the new leader of the Black Oracle gang; having reformed it as Black Oracle Neo.
- Hair Decorations: Both. Taki uses a string for her pig-tails, and Nagaru uses a hair-clip.
- Idol Singer: Nagaru's profession. Taki turns out to be one as well; only an underground one.
OTHERSMinor characters who appear from time to time, or were a major influence on one of the major characters mentioned above.
The chief maid of the Heart-On-Heart café. She appears mostly behind the scenes when the café is involved in the story.
- Voiced by: Tomoko Tsuzuki (Japanese), Terri Doty (English)
Momozonos little brother. Kazuya is an avid player of the Magic: The Ring trading-card-game at a trading-card store Junichirou donates his tournament winnings to, and considers Junichirou the second most important person in his life after his older sister.
A West Shinmei High School student who ended up in the hospital when he attempted to harass Koutarou about his cross-dressing habits; calling his hobby disgusting in retaliation, and leading to Koutarous truant life-style.
The creator of the "Rental Box" that Junichirou uses to create the final exam for his class.
A friend of Taki who is part of her singing group at the Familin Ranger Brothers Squadron event.
The gang-leader of the delinquents who took Nagaru (disguised as Taki) hostage to put an end to the Black Oracle Neo gang; hiding out in an abandoned building.
A famous voice actress who plays Sergeant Hartman in Magical Girl: Bura-Kura. Kanan witnesses her live-performance of the role, and meets with Miyuki face-to-face to praise her work.