"Fate Reach Out" is a fanfic by Vegeta the Third (also known as Kishou, a fellow trooper
), and is a Persona 4
and Fate/stay night
The concept is simple: Before the Fuyuki Fire, Shirou Emiya was known as Yu Narukami. Taiga finds info on Shirou's heirtage, and arranges for him to meet his uncle Dojima, and stay in Inaba for one year....Then the Inaba Murders begin...
Read it here
This Fanfic has examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion
- Big Good: Philemon kickstarted the plot by betting that Shirou would win against the evils of the Fog.
- Bigger Bad: In the prologue we find out that Nyarlathotep has taken Angra Mainyu's place in the Holy Grail
- Broken Hero: Shirou is his usual distorted, emotionally damaged self. His new friends and family are slowly starting to notice. Though this may change, since he's now a Wild Card.
- Butterfly of Doom: Shirou, just before the Holy Grail War, is told of his still living relatives in Inaba. The Power of Social Links are just the start of things to come in conflicting with his ideology.
- Made more literal as it is a butterfly actually Philemon that starts the ball rolling.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Shirou as usual.
- Dope Slap: Youske gives Shirou one of these when he has a Stay in the Kitchen moment with Chie.
- For Want of a Nail
- Fusion Fic
- The Fool: Shirou, or at least that is his tarot
- Level-Up at Intimacy 5: Social Links naturally.
- When Shirou is having it explained to him he is incredulous towards the idea that he gets stronger just by making friends before Igor and Margaret further explain.
- Loophole Abuse: This is why the banished Nyarlathotep is currently in the Holy Grail
"As usual, I can't take all the blame: I act on the wishes of mankind, after all. A little over a decade ago, this thing happened to be stirring and made a wish to bring together all the evils in the world. It was subtle at first, but as the days went on, it would grow exponentially stronger and louder, as if begging to be realized. So I thought, 'what else could I do but answer that request?' Andů here we are. While the wish interfered with my banishment, it didn't outright violate it eitherů though to be honest, I didn't struggle a whole lot out of it."
- Long Lost Relative: Shirou to the Dojimas. If not for Taiga and Philemon he would still be ignorant about them and they would have still believed him to be dead.
- Magikarp Power: The power of the Wild Card.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: With the worlds of Persona and the Nasuverse respectively for each side, there's bound to be clashes.