MeatCanyon is an online animator who draws morbid cartoons often as parodies for different shows. His animations can be best summed up as surreal, horrific, and darkly humorous, making for a uniquely interesting animator who twists childhood icons into bizarrely compelling videos.
He also has a soothing, yet unnerving voice that he uses to great effect in his videos.
Recently, he has begun production on a crowd-funded original series called Monster Lab, detailing a mad scientist and his one-eyed assistant living in suburbia.
This web animated series provides examples of:
- Adaptational Ugliness: Because of Meatcanyon's grotesque and caricatural artsyle, everyone ends up being much grossier than in its original version, Zuko and Sasuke stand out in this regard, being Bishounens in their own series and being just as horrific as everyone else here. The particular thing is that some characters, like Kevin and Eustace, are drawn almost identical, which give a stronger contrast to the more grotesque ones.
- Adaptational Villainy: A lot of the heroic protagonists in his parodies are turned into full blown villains for the sake of Black Comedy, but especially Pinnochio, The Cat In The Hat, Dora the Explorer, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Willy Wonka.
- Affectionate Parody: "The Passion of the Craft" is one of the Dream SMP and its overwhelming popularity and perceived center of obsession by fans.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: In the sequel of Jawbreaker Kevin begs for mercy and tries to apologize for all the times he made fun of the trio, but Eddy has already decided to kill him.
- Ambiguous Ending:
- Jawbreaker concludes with Kevin presumably getting killed by Ed. It is never revealed what Kevin saw in the tent... Until we got a follow-up in "Thank You A Million", where it's revealed the trio have been tying the cul-de-sac kids up and tearing their jaws off as revenge for all the abuse they've inflicted on them. That title wasn't just a candy reference.
- Whether or not Lightning McQueen rejected Thomas's offer is unclear, and the video itself ends with Thomas presumably taking Lightning and Tow Mater.
- In FOR THE SUN, the ending doesnt clarify whether the Teletubbies are killed by the sun, or something even more sinister.
- Animated Actors: "The Spongebob Tapes" shows Spongebob and Squidward having a surprise meeting with the CEO of Nickelodeon. The CEO tells Spongebob to "Lose the act" because of how serious the situation is. The CEO tells the duo that they found videos online of them doing gay tentacle porn.
Spongebob (in-character): We're happy to come in.
Nick CEO: Lose the act SpongeBob, I don't need you in character for this.
Spongebob (out of character): Well then what's the problem?
- Art Evolution: As videos go by, the art style gets more detailed and gains more shading. Also, the animation has gotten smoother.
- Bait-and-Switch: The Humpty Dumpty video has Humpty balancing precariously on the ledge of a building as the police are Talking Down the Suicidal. Humpty comments on his ability to draw crowds...only for it to be revealed that nobody's even paying attention to him, as the camera pans down to show a man threatening to jump out of the window directly beneath Humpty.
- Basement-Dweller: Christopher Robin is portrayed as a completely unsympathetic version; he spends his day writing smutty fanfiction on Winnie and his friends and still lives with his mom whom he treats like utter garbage.
- Black Comedy: Oh, there's a lot. "The Great Reptar Adventure!" and "I BOUGHT MY FRIEND HIS DREAM CAR!! #BLESSED" are probably the biggest examples.
- Body Horror: So much so, that it is commonly accepted that any character drawn in their canon design will die.
- Call-Back: Many a phrase from previous videos are uttered by their starring characters during RIP Wabbit Season.
- Cheeky Mouth: A very twisted version of this in I Can Count To Three, having the one sided faces of the Peppa Pig reveal that there is actually two faces on each side of Peppa's head.
- Contractual Purity: In-Universe in "The Spongebob Tapes" where the CEO says Spongebob and Squidward's involvement with gay tentacle porn "aren't on brand" with Nickalodeon's image.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Swiper in "Swiper no Swipey" gets his back crushed by Boots, and both he and Dora tear apart his tongue and left arm, resulting in a slow and agonizing death. Also, his corpse is thrown into an acid barrel with a Synchro-Vox face on it.
- Deranged Animation
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- How does Dylan respond to Greg not wanting the cars he gave him? Devouring him and absorbing his nutrients, of course!
- It's implied that Goku kills Chi-Chi for failing to throw a Senzu Bean in his mouth.
- What does Ms. Frizzle do when the class demands to learn about WAP? Shrink them down in the bus and trap them inside her vagina to starve to death for disobeying her curriculum. Arnold didn't even want to, either.
- The Dog Bites Back: Pink Lovable Dog has Courage exact his revenge on Eustace for all the times he scared and bullied him.
- Downer Ending:
- The Great Reptar Adventure ends with the deaths of Chaz, Stu, and Didi and Chuckie and Tommy being sent to foster homes. But at the least, the babies seem unaware of the gravitas of the situation.
- Helga is arrested after accidentally killing Arnold in HELGA THE BULLY.
- Dramatically Missing the Point: Tommy and Chuckie have absolutely no idea domestic violence and murder are happening around them. All that matters is finding Tommy's Reptar doll.
- Eaten Alive: Dylan eats his own friend out of anger towards him rejecting his "generosity" and absorbs his nutrients.
- Eldritch Abomination:
- Thomas is depicted as a primordial entity who tries to make a deal with Lightning McQueen in return for his soul.
- The sun in SUNRISE counts as well, being a sun with a human babys face that takes the sacrifices of the Teletubbies.
- Evil Brit: The Cat in the Hat from cet in het has one. And he is very, very malicious.
- Humanoid Abomination: In general, but most noteworthy are:
- Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy has the ability to melt and reform himself.
- Dylan, who possesses a large, sticky tongue and cow udders.
- I Didn't Mean to Kill Him: Helga accidentally kills Arnold when she pushes him. When a police officer arrives to arrest her, Helga mentions her shrine as proof that she didn't intend on killing him.
- It's All About Me: Dylan from "I Bought My Friend His Dream Car!!#Blessed", which is a dark Deconstruction of feel-good "surprise gift" videos. When Dylan tries to surprise Greg with a new Lamborghini, Greg complains that this is the sixth car he's received, that he's in massive debt because he can't afford the insurance for all these "gifts", and that he can't even sell the cars since they're all leased under Dylan's name. Dylan is appalled that Greg won't accept his "generosity", never considering Greg's feelings and roaring at him that his whole identity is to be Dylan's friend. When Greg tries to leave, Dylan devours him and has his other "friends" feed off his nutrients to keep them in line.
- Karma Houdini:
- The Cat in the Hat gets away with robbing the children's house dry in cet in het.
- In I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET seconds before Willy Wonka asks Charlie to give him a massage. The FBI barges into Wonka's factory and he quickly escapes before the FBI agents arrive. The Oompa Loompas also escape as the FBI are walking towards Charlie.Willy Wonka: You didn't see anything! You hear me you little shit, you didn't see a fucking thing!One of the Oompa Loompas: We didn't know it going on here! We don't know a fucking thing!
- Karmic Rape: Bugs Bunny does this to Elmer Fudd in Wabbit Season, before Bugs father intervenes.
- Kick the Dog:
- In the Yugi Oh parody, Yugi does this to Joey in Duel Monsters when Yugi not only refuses to help pay for Serenity's eye surgery, but also rubs it in his face.
- The Cat in the Hat plays around with the urn containing the ashes of the children's father before smashing it. He then beats the fish to death with a mallet.
- Kill and Replace: Courage slices off Eustace's face and wears it.
- Kissing Cousins: Ben and Gwen admit to having sex in EASY BEN DOWN, not that Grandpa Max is surprised.
- Naughty Tentacles: Referenced in "The SpongeBob Tapes" after the CEO discovers SpongeBob and Squidward doing gay porn online. Squidward reacts by saying "We don't know what you're talking about" after the CEO says "The Tentacle Porn".
- No Indoor Voice: The Cat in the Hat screams almost all of his lines.
- Madness Mantra:
- The cult leader repeats For the sun throughout the video.
- Charlie only being able to respond with I dont know... in Ive Got A Golden Ticket. He even says it after being saved by SWAT troopers.
- Parental Incest: Tom Brady and his son in "Tom Brady Wins the Super Bowl #WHOLESOME" share several kisses as a jab towards what Brady does in real-life.
- Reality Ensues: "I Bought My Friend His Dream Car!!#Blessed" brings up a major issue about feel good videos of people gifting their friends expensive cars: The high amounts of insurance and property taxes they would have to pay. Greg can't even sell the six cars he's been given due to them being leased under Dylan's name, and his job at Target is unable to deal with the debt he has.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
"I see your face, dear child. It consumes my mind. Your life is fleeting before you, don't you understand? With every day, the kiss of death (translator kisses kid) becomes closer, and closer.
- In "Poby the talking Gorilla", a kid makes fun of the titular zoo animal while visiting its habitat. Poby then starts going into sign language, with the translator at the exhibit decoding:
(kid looks on with worry)
"Judge not me for being in this imprisonment, but judge yourself, for not having enough courage, to look at yourself, and think how TRAPPED. YOU. ARE."
Courage: You always let [Muriel] get in trouble, and I have to clean up the mess. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
- Courage gives a brief, but chilling one to Eustace in Pink Lovable Dog, right before slicing his face off.
(Eustace looks on with worry)
Courage: You can't take care of her. Only, I can.
- Related in the Adaptation: In The Great Reptar Adventure (a Rugrats parody), Chaz tells Stu that Tommy is actually his bastard child just before shooting him, which would make Tommy and Chuckie half-brothers.
- Serious Business: Miss. Frizzle only has one rule: don't mess with her schedule.
- Take That!:
Eddy: Since he was legally claimed by Warner Bros. Entertainment, it is officially canon that Bugs was a struggling rapist all along.
- A brilliantly blunt one towards Warner Bros. after the Wabbit Season video was claimed.
Courage: I'm still struggling to realize why they would want to...legally fight for that.
Zuko: I mean, legally, they did that to themselves.
Max: I bet those stupid bastards didn't even watch the video!
Anakin: To be fair, they've only been around for 97 years. They're probably still developing good business practices.
- "Make Up" is a huge one to the then-recent drama involving YouTubers focused on makeup and fashion such as Jeffree Star, Tati Westbrook, and James Charles, plus Shane Dawson reacting the whole thing while a fat woman represents cancel culture. Overall, it's among MeatCanyon's less-horrifying videos (beyond how emaciated Jeffree looks and the fat woman being very misproportioned).
- Ronald McDonald admits to his victim that he doesnt care for Logics music anymore because The Needle Drop reviews him so poorly, a clear jab at people who take online reviews too seriously.
- "I SAVED A HUMAN LIFE - CHALLENGE" is this to the repeated nagging for the real MrBeast to film himself paying hospital bills, showing why exactly he hasn't done such a video yet as of writing. Specifically, as Jimmy himself has pointed out on numerous occasions, any attempt to film such an act as a public persona (especially one built on gamifying philanthropy) without proper precautions would be a massive breach of privacy and respect for the patients involved despite his generosity.
- "Tom Brady Wins the Super Bowl #WHOLESOME" is a jab at the numerous pictures of the NFL quarterback kissing his son on the lips, depicted as a case of Amazingly Embarrassing Parents.
- Title Drop: After Kevin experiences "perfection," Eddy asks Double D and Ed if they wanted a jawbreaker.
- In FOR THE SUN, the title is dropped as a Madness Mantra for the cult leader.
- Voice of the Legion: Michael Jackson suddenly shouts at an interviewer while being interrogated.
Michael Jackson: I SAID THE BOY'S SOUL IS MINE!!