First edit: 18th Nov '11 12:56:25 PM on YMMV.Septimus Heap.
- Air Crash Investigation: The page.
- Barbarian Longhair: The page.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: The name.
- Bizarro Episode: The name.
- Blame Game: The caption.
- The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit: Much of the page.
- Covert Group: The trope.
- Crosswicking: The page.
- Descent into Darkness Song: The trope.
- Evil Is Not Well-Lit: The caption.
- How Indexing Works: New writeup.
- Japanese Politeness: The caption.
- Malicious Misnaming: The name.
- Miracle Food: The name.
- Not A Trope: The page.
- Pharmacology Tropes: The index.
- Pun: The page.
- Seen It a Million Times: New writeup.
- Sliding Scale of Adaptation Modification: The name.
- Solid Clouds: The trope.
- Teleportation Misfire: The name.
- This Index Is Anachronistic: The index.
- Tropes Needing Images: The page.
- Torture for Fun and Information: The name.
- Video Games: The page.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: The caption.
- Administrivia.Work Pages In Main: Kind of. Before, it was a forum post.
- YMMV: The current setup.
- Acceptable Cultural Targets: To Cultural Stereotypes (18th Apr 2012)
- Ad Nauseam: To Repeating Ad (2nd Jan 2013)
- Aesop Ju-Jitsu: To Ignored Aesop (15th Jun 2012)
- All the Myriad Ways: To Expendable Alternate Universe (19th Nov 2013)
- A Naked Shoulder To Cry On: To Sex for Solace (14th Aug 2013)
- And the Winner Is...: To Assumed Win (22th Feb 2012)
- Asian Gal with White Guy: To Mighty Whitey and Mellow Yellow (6th Apr 2013)
- Audio Erotica: To Aroused by Their Voice (29th Jun 2013)
- Bad Writing: To Bad Writing Indexnote (22th Apr 2012)
- Baker's Dozen: To Bonus Episode (23th Mar 2014)
- Battle Royale With Cheese: To Climactic Battle Resurrection (13-17th Jun)
- Best Before Decade: To Way Past the Expiration Datenote (25th Jul 2013)
- Black Mesa Commute: To Scenic Tour Level (19th Dec 2012)
- Blood on These Hands: To These Hands Have Killed (7th Oct 2013)
- Bowel Existence Failure: To No Dead Body Poops (25th Feb 2012)
- Burning Building Rescue: To Hero's First Rescue (27th Feb 2013)
- But Sir, It's Not Ready: To Unfinished, Untested, Used Anyway (17th May 2012)
- Capulet Counterpart: To Defecting for Lovenote (1st Feb 2013)
- Cat Communication: To Cat Communication (21th Apr 2014)
- Cerebus Ending: To Sudden Downer Ending (25th Feb 2012)
- Chaos Emeralds: To Bonus Stage Collectablesnote (26th Oct 2012)
- Code Word Coitus: Into Instant Seduction (27th Jul 2013)
- Cookie Cutter Fic: To Transplanted Character Fic (4th Feb 2012)
- Cop Boyfriend: To Sleuth Dates Cop (4th Aug 2014)
- Costumed Non Superhero: To Non-Powered Costumed Hero (22th Jun 2013)
- Costume Inertia: In part to Costume Exaggeration (25th Oct 2013)
- Crime Time TV: To Criminal Procedural (11th Jun 2012)
- Dead ex Machina: To Not Too Dead to Save the Day (29th Nov 2012)
- Did Mom Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: To Villain Over for Dinner (22th Jan 2014)
- Died On A Bus: To Character Outlives Actor (21th Mar 2012)
- Distressed Damsel: To Damsel in Distress (25th Jun 2012)
- Distribution of Ninjutsu: To Fixed Relative Strength (24th May 2013)
- Divide by Zero: To Reality-Breaking Paradox (10th Jun 2013)
- The Eternal Churchill: Into Last Stand (17th Apr 2014)
- Eva Fins: To Vertical Mecha Fins (5th Aug 2013)
- Everything's Better with Chickens: To Clucking Funny (16th Mar 2013)
- Excellent Adventure: To Field Trip to the Past (9th Oct 2013)
- Fan Yay: To LGBT Fanbase (2th Aug 2013)
- Fist Of Enthusiasm: To Fist Pump (11th Jun 2013)
- Foot Chase With A Side Order Of Chef: To Kitchen Chase (Nov 2012)
- Full House Music: To Sentimental Music Cue (23th Oct 2014)
- Funny Money: To Ridiculous Exchange Rates (15th Feb 2013)
- Gaming Anime: To Gaming and Sports Anime and Manga (15th Apr 2012)
- Gannon-Banned and Nerd Rage: To Fandom Berserk Button (4th Mar 2013)
- Geeky Glasses: To Unwanted Glasses Plot (17th Feb 2012)
- Gene Hunt Interrogation Technique: To Torture for Fun and Information (22th Jun 2012)
- Goddamned Bats: Split due to excessive lenght (9th Feb 2012)
- Grand Theft Auto Effect: To Song Associationnote (24th Dec 2012)
- Gray's Sports Almanac: To Timeline-Altering MacGuffinnote (24th Feb 2012)
- Green Eggs: To Palette-Swapped Alien Food (16th Apr 2012)
- Grey's Anatomy Emergency Medical Response: To Urgent Medical Alert (4th Jul 2012)
- Hand Off: To Handshake Refusal (20th Feb 2013)
- Hero Syndrome: To Heroism Addict (15th Nove 2013)
- Hollywood Driving: Driver Faces Passenger (25th Sep 2013)
- Hollywood Lightbulb: To Photoflood Lighting (1st Dec 2012)
- Hollywood Sex: To Idealized Sex (4th Jul 2012)
- I Am He as You Are He: To Impersonating the Evil Twin (9th Jul 2012)
- I Don't Want to Die: To Hesitant Sacrifice (30th Jul 2014)
- I Will Definitely Protect You and I Will Protect Her: To Declaration of Protection (12th Feb 2013)
- Jump Off A Bridge: To Off Bridge, onto Vehicle (18th Dec 2013)
- Just Eat the MacGuffin: Into Just Eat Gilligan and No Man Should Have This Power (17th May 2014)
- Kicking Ass and Taking Names: To Epic Battle Boredom (25th May 2013)
- The Last Horse Crosses The Finish Line: To Late to the Realization (2th Aug 2014)
- Like a Weasel: To Opinion Flip-Flop (21th Apr 2013)
- Little Kid Lover: To Mistaken for Pedophile (5th May 2012)
- Longest Prologue Ever: To Prolonged Prologue (10th Apr 2012)
- Lottery Ticket: To Never Win the Lottery (15th Feb 2013)
- Magic Missile: To Projectile Spell (21th Jun 2013)
- Masquerade Maintenance: To Hide Your Otherness (15th Apr 2014)
- Medieval Japan: To Hollywood Medieval Japan (2th Aug 2014)
- Memetic Outfit: To Iconic Outfit (31th Jan 2013)
- Mister Danger: To Evil Colonialist (28th Jan 2013)
- Money Shot: To Money-Making Shot (24th Apr 2012)
- My Baby Doll: To Baby-Doll Baby (7th Dec 2012)
- Napier: To Conman in Mark's Clothing (13th Jul 2012)
- Neocon Newscaster: To Pompous Political Pundit (8th Jun 2013)
- Never Trust A Trope: To Doesn't Trust Those Guys (14th Sep 2013)
- The Niles: To Replacement Flat Character (11th Mar 2012)
- Non-Interactivity: To Fake Interactivity (26th Jan 2013)
- Nose Yodeling: To Yarlingnote (20th Mar 2014)
- Notable Campaigns: To Advertisements (21th Oct 2014)
- Notable Commercial Campaigns: To Advertising Campaigns (27th Aug 2013)
- Not A Scratch On It: To Damage-Proof Vehicle (2nth Nov 2012)
- The Not Secret: To Everybody Knew Already (13th Jun 2013)
- Oh God, Did She Just Hear That?: To Forgot About the Mind Reader (8th Jul 2013)
- One Myth To Rule Them All: To One Myth to Explain Them All (9th Sep 2013)
- Only Six Helmets: To Concealing Customization (13th Dec 2014)
- Oops I Dropped The Keys: To Dangerous Key Fumble (11th Jun 2013)
- Oral Fixation Fixation: To Oral Fixation (28th Aug 2013)
- Owl Be Damned: To Ominous Owl (14th Sep 2013)
- Over-the-Shoulder Pose: To Boobs-and-Butt Pose (7th Jul 2012)
- Pitying Perversion: To Condescending Compassion (9th Dec 2012)
- Plain Name: To Special Person, Normal Name (11th Jun 2012)
- Planet Eris: To World of Weirdness (23th Apr 2013; Madrugada closed the thread a bit prematurely, as I hadn't finished with the wicks yet)
- Prisoner of Zenda Exit: To High-Dive Escape (4th Jul 2012)
- Pure Awesomeness: To Awesomeness Is a Force (1th Jan 2014)
- Puss in Boots: To Chessmaster Sidekick (12th Nov 2012)
- Reciprocal Fiction Paradox: Into Mutually Fictional (9th Feb 2014)
- Screw the Rules, I Have a Nuke!: To Appeal to Force (21th Jan 2013)
- 7th Episode Twist and Mid Season Wham Episode: To Mid-Season Twist (7-8th Jul 2013)
- Shamgri-La: To The Shangri-La (5th Jul 2014)
- Skippy Rules: To Rule-Breaker Rule-Namer (5th Feb 2013)
- "Smith" Will Suffice: To Answers to the Name of God (9th Jun 2012)
- Something's Different About You Now: To Old Friend, New Gender (30th Jun 2013)
- Sorry, Billy, but You Just Don't Have Legs: To Dream-Crushing Handicap (7th Mar 2015)
- Species-Coded for Your Convenience: To Good Animals, Evil Animals (1st Dec 2012)
- Step Three: Profit: To Missing Steps Plan (27th Aug 2013)
- Super Trophy Super Rack: To Superhero Trophy Shelf (29th Feb 2012)
- Sympathetic Criminal: To Justified Criminal (29th Jul 2014)
- Tethercat Principle: To Offscreen Inertia (16-17th Jun)
- The Firstlaw Of Sitcom Acoustics: To Easily Overheard Conversation (10th Feb 2012)
- The Obi-Wrong: To Quickly Demoted Leadernote (20th Jun 2012)
- The Old Con: To The Old Convict (14th Mar 2012)
- Parody Failure: To Nominal Parody (1th Dec 2012)
- The Poochie: To Shoo Out the New Guy (6th Feb 2012)
- There Is No God: To Evil Stole My Faith (17th Apr 2013)
- Three Yay: To Threesome Subtext (25th Feb 2012)
- Trans Gender Tropes: To Gender-Blending Tropes (28th Mar 2012)
- Rated W for Why: To Same Content, Different Rating (9th Feb 2012)
- Red Eye: To Eyelid Pull Taunt (9th Mar 2012)
- Septimus Heap: To Septimus Heap (11th Dec 2011)
- Shonen Upgrade: To Next Tier Power-Up (31th Oct 2013)
- Sliding Scale of Adaptation Decay: To Sliding Scale of Adaptation Modification (23th Apr 2012)
- Somewhere A Palaeontologist Is Crying: To Artistic License Paleontologynote (13th Jun 2014)
- Super Slave Market: To Soul-Sucking Retail Job (31th Jul 2013)
- Stand Back! ...Hello: To Simultaneous Warning And Action (28th Mar 2012)
- Teleportation Misfire: From Random Teleportation (6th Dec 2014)
- Ten with a Two: To Beer Goggles (18th Dec 2016)
- Thank You Mister Evil: To Involuntary Charity Donation (16th Mar 2012)
- This Index Is Full of Perverts : To Tropes About Perverts (1th Jun 2012)
- Token Deity: To Divine Race Liftnote (23th Feb 2012)
- Tortured Abomination: To Tortured Monster note (5th Jun 2013)
- Unspoken Plan: Into Unspoken Plan Guarantee (15th Apr 2014)
- Upper-Class Wit: Into Gentleman Snarker (4th May 2014)
- Welcome to the Liberator: To Convenient Replacement Character (11th Jun 2012)
- Viewer Myopia: To Audience Awareness Advantage (8th Aug 2013)
- Virtue Is Its Own Reward: To Wants a Prize for Basic Decency (11th Mar 2012)
- Vorpal Weakness: To Decapitation Required (15th Apr 2012)
- Wax On Wax Scream: To Painful Body Waxing (9th Dec 2012)
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Cosmetic?: To Not-Actually-Cosmetic Award (26th Sep 2014)
- Xen Syndrome: To Disappointing Last Level (8th Mar 2012)
- Xtreme Sport Xcuse Plot: To Extreme Sport Excuse Plot (11th Jun 2012)
- XYY: To Extra Y, Extra Violent (20th Mar 2012)
- Yandere Love Triangle: To Psychotic Love Trianglenote (18th Feb 2012)
- Your _____ Is Broken: To Pre-emptive Declaration (13th Feb 2012)
- Zero Wingrish to Intentional Engrish for Funny (15th Feb 2012)
The symbols are:
12:52:57 AM 22nd Oct 2014
Congratulations on becoming a full mod, Septimus Heap. What was that task you performed that got you up there, again?
12:54:39 PM 17th Oct 2014
He's been on the "mod radar" for quite some time due to his dedicated work on the wiki and in TRS/IP. He had already been granted limited use of wiki tools like the reverter, and this was a natural progression. He graciously accepted our offer.
01:10:05 PM 17th Oct 2014
I guess that explains it.
But if anyone wants to offer a version for The Ancient Circle of Mods, I just happen to be in the mood to hear a tall tale take on it.
I suppose we could make up a story about how he conducted ritual sacrifices of banned tropers in a secret ceremony.
My Final Edits
01:29:21 PM 17th Oct 2014
Congrats to Septimus for reaching the 33rd degree. Best of luck in this new journey. =)
01:39:08 PM 17th Oct 2014
Congrats, long overdue!
But he's always so even tempered. I'm having trouble imagining what he's going to be like in "You have just pissed off the management" mode. :)
01:40:19 PM 17th Oct 2014
It was obvious this day would come; the only question was when. Congrats Septimus, and thank you for all your hard work on the wiki.
02:31:53 PM 17th Oct 2014
Oh hey good on him.
02:37:19 PM 17th Oct 2014
Oh look, the sun's risen in the east!
All joking aside, we all knew this day was coming, and with good reason. Well done, Septimus!
02:43:51 PM 17th Oct 2014
I thought I heard cheers coming from the Death Course's exit.
02:52:03 PM 17th Oct 2014
And here I thought that Septimus had only stayed away from full mod duties because he was too busy with the engineering stuff.
Congrats, long overdue.
03:11:30 PM 17th Oct 2014
Congrats, Septimus! I wonder who else is about to be added.
03:24:58 PM 17th Oct 2014
03:57:33 PM 17th Oct 2014
I know the blasphemous eldritch rites of moderatorhoodship! Tremble and heed these words!
- Humbling, humiliating nudity.
- Knowest thou which is a Heel-Face Turn and which is a Face-Heel Turn. Turneth thou as thy alignment requires.
- Be torn asunder in the Crucible of Darth Wiki. Become Wall Banged. Suffer a Dethroning Moment of Suck. Briefly become So Bad You're Horrible.
- Die. Everyone dies but moderators are reborn! If you are Killed Off for Real then Bad End.
- Go on the tedious quest for the McGuffin. Pick a Five-Man Band of veteran moderators. Beware for one is a Leeroy Jenkins and another a Token Evil Teammate. Try to guess which one, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- Learn the horrible secret of the McGuffin: it was friendship all along. Note: if the secret turns out to be "world peace" then you lose through no fault of your own. End.
- The dread Archive Binge. Decades of Doctor Who. A decade of Penny Arcade. Twenty James Bond films. There are many Long Runners, dive in. Become one with them. Argue on forums about them.
- Shocking Swerve! Heel-Face-Face-Heel back to thy original alignment!
- Read 1,000 random pages. Chop chop.
- Smite 1,000 sockpuppets. Collect 4,250 sockpuppet socks.
- Ascend to moderatorhood! Become be-crowned and claim thy throne. Good End!
Pistols At Dawn
04:02:37 PM 17th Oct 2014
05:18:30 PM 17th Oct 2014
05:30:07 PM 17th Oct 2014
Congratulations, Septimus! You totally deserve it. :)
06:53:32 PM 17th Oct 2014
07:07:42 PM 17th Oct 2014
08:13:34 PM 17th Oct 2014
The only surprise is that it took this long. Good on yer, Septimus!
Morning Star 1337
09:04:18 PM 17th Oct 2014
Somehow I knew he was destined for this. Congraduations
09:43:08 PM 17th Oct 2014
And now, your real battle has just be begun...I'm pretty sure you're fully aware that with great power comes great responsibility. ;)
10:50:54 PM 17th Oct 2014
Congrats, now you just have to pick out a mod hat and find the right time to show it to the world.
Ano Baka Desu
11:33:19 PM 17th Oct 2014
Looking at the whole slew of replies above, there is only one way to go: congratulations!
11:42:52 PM 17th Oct 2014
Is it strange that I see it and thought, "Hey, this will help make the P5 work run even more efficiently"?
In all seriousness, though, congratulations on the promotion, Septimus. After all the work you've done here, you very much deserve it!
The One Who Tropes
12:40:05 AM 18th Oct 2014
01:47:43 AM 18th Oct 2014
Thanks, all! I'll probably archive this discussion line somewhere ... ideas where?
Pistols At Dawn
02:29:53 AM 18th Oct 2014
hm did you know that if you google "Septimus Heap Tvtropes" (i was looking for your troper page) the result you get is for Septimush Eap?
congratulations on the promotion Septimush!
05:26:01 AM 18th Oct 2014
Congratulations! Now that you are a mod, you can ban people who screw with the site too much.
06:58:44 AM 18th Oct 2014
I for one welcome our new extraordinary overlord.
07:06:40 AM 18th Oct 2014
Suprised it took this long to make him a mod, considering how active he is! Anyway, congrats on becoming a mod Septimus Heap!
05:30:39 AM 19th Oct 2014
I'm a bit late to the party, but congratulations, you've earned it!
09:23:59 AM 20th Oct 2014
Congrats! I've been meaning to ask: how do you find time to commit to the wiki? What's your occupation?
03:32:40 PM 20th Oct 2014
Now for the kicker, what will your Mod Hat Avatar be? :P
05:36:49 PM 20th Oct 2014
Maybe something along the lines of Telcontar's (which I find hilarious compared to his 'troper' avatar). :P
08:43:26 PM 20th Oct 2014
Just check Edit Banned thread, I have no idea what he is though.
08:49:28 PM 20th Oct 2014
I did, and his looks kind of like a Roman senator to me (but you don't have to take my word for it!).
Mr L 1193
09:10:46 PM 20th Oct 2014
I would assume it's the character Septimus Heap. The avatar is the same as his regular one, so if he's planning to choose a different one for mod posts, he hasn't yet.
02:04:44 AM 21st Oct 2014
Alright, people, this discussion is nice and all but crowding out ATT a bit. I recommend to continue it in the forums somewhere.
To answer a few quick questions; I am currently in uni (I guess that's called college in the US) and will have a lot less time available next week. I haven't picked a Mod Hat avatar and I don't think I will (when I haven't picked one, both my normal posts and pink posts display the same avatar). Incidenally, my current avatar (the boy in a blue shirt) is Nicko Heap, another character from Septimus Heap.
02:05:39 AM 21st Oct 2014
Yeah, that's how it works; your normal one gets used until you set one.
02:42:35 AM 21st Oct 2014
OK, but shall we archive the ATT part of it somewhere?
12:52:57 AM 22nd Oct 2014
I guess I'll copy this discussion into my troper page later this day.
Page bottom, entries requested by PM (publishing permission needs to be submitted, too) will be moved here
Well, this is surprising. A person that is one of the Wiki's most productive members with no vandalism in his page? I call first. -desdendelle
Wohoo! I'm glad I'm not the only Aspie around here. I don't feel so alone in this world anymore. -Indigo12ash
Apparently, now there are at least three Aspies on this wiki. -IlVit
|The Original Barnstar |
For all the hard work you do adding to and cleaning up the wiki, I award you Wikipedia's barnstar, since I have an inkling you may edit there as well. Telcontar (talk contribs) 08:04 7 September 2012
I personally think you should be a moderator, Septimus. -Waxing Name