Geeky twentysomething with a penchant for period drama, romance novels, undying loyalty, true love, partners-in-crimesolving, anything penned by Heidi Thomas, David Weber, or Aaron Sorkin, and boys who love each other. (Also girls who love each other, and boys and girls who love each other.)
American by birth, currently resident in Scotland. Very much a Hufflepuff, with all that entails.
Proud member of FoRKS.
See you around.
RoseAndHeather Exhibits The Following Tropes:
- Appointment Television: Call the Midwife and, as of season 15, NCIS. The Newsroom and Code Black were also this while they were still airing.
- Approval of God: I once wrote a miniature essay on the relationship dynamic between two characters from the Honorverse which got the stamp of approval from David Webernote himself, much to my eternal pride (and admittedly somewhat swelled head).
- Bi the Way: Well, if the variety of characters under Perverse Sexual Lust wasn't enough of a clue....
- Come for the X, Stay for the Y: Repeatedly.
- Came to Once Upon a Time for Queen Elsa, stayed for Regina.
- Came to Code Black for Marcia Gay Harden, stayed because it's the best medical drama to hit the air since ER.
- Came to Call the Midwife for the Scottish nun and her doctor, stayed for... uh, literally everything else. It's that good.
- Came to Honor Harrington for the cute furry aliens and Space Opera, stayed for the political epic and extraordinary supporting cast.
- Came (back) to NCIS for Maria Bello, stayed because I remembered why I loved it so much in the first place. (And also Maria Bello.)
- Came to Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries because I'd watch it with my parents, stayed for Phryne, Jack, and Phryne and Jack.
- Entry Pimp: If an entry about Shep Smith or Richard Engel appeared anywhere on this wiki after mid-2015, I'm probably responsible. (If said Engel example regards his adorable friendship with Rachel Maddow, I'm definitely responsible.) And I'm not sorry about it.
- Guilty Pleasures: Yes, I know all the criticisms of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals. I've made all the criticisms of his musicals. I am still absolute trash for just about everything he composes. The music is that listenable. It is crack for my ears and I'm not ashamed of it.
- Has a Type: Wave a compassionate, conservative, honorable, older military man under my nose and watch me melt like butter on hot tarmac. I eventually figured out that this stems from my preteen crush on one Lord Wyldon of Cavall.
- I Knew It!: Predicted Castle's (real) middle name of "Alexander" months before it was made canon. Also called the Melissa Mailey/James Nichols romance in 1632 in the space of about twenty pages.
- Just Here for Godzilla: "Just here for Jeff Hephner" explains quite a bit about my TV habits.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Don't mention Augustus Khumalo, Allen Higgins, Michael Oversteegen, Thomas Theisman, Eloise Pritchart, Barbara Havers, Regina Mills, Bruce Banner, John Chandler Simpson, James Nichols, Leanne Rorish, Ed Harbert, the Thirteenth Doctor, Jack Sloane, or Jack Robinson unless you are prepared to endure a torrent of innuendo-laden fangirling. It's for your own sanity.
- Running Gag: My undying love for Eloise Pritchart is something of a running gag on the official Honorverse forums, to the extent that David Weber himself has teased me about it repeatedly.
- Saw "Star Wars" 27 Times: To the extent that I am defined by my passion for one fictional series/show/universe/what-have-you, that thing is Harry Potter. Not because it's my all-time favorite work of fiction (it isn't), or because it's the one I'm most obsessed with (it's not), but because it shaped my literary and fannish childhood from the time I was ten years old. If you ask me to describe myself in one single word, nine times out of ten, that word will be "Hufflepuff".
- Weasel Mascot: According to Pottermore, my Patronus is a mink. I can't say the comparison isn't apt.
- Wiki Curator: For everything Inspector Lynley, Honor Harrington, and Code Black, as well as Call the Midwife when it's airing.