Et on s'est tellemont assojetti, en la dernière, à certaines règles et à certains chiffres, qu'on en a fait un art confus et obscur, qui embarrasse l'esprit, qu lieu d'une science qui le cultive. Translation - Rene Descartes, Discourse on Method
Describe desdendelle here:
Blue-and-Orange Morality Agnostic Grammar Police Not So Stoic Israeli.
open/close all folders
- I got my handle from the rather insignificant Yu-Gi-Oh! card Des Dendle.
- I am:
- A drinker of good tea. Especially Earl Grey.
This Troper dislikes the following things
Tropes that that guy, desdendelle, thinks he's an example of
- Agnostic: of the 'weak agnostic atheist' variation. It basically means the following:
- I don't know whether God(s) exist, or not.
- I tend to thinknote that no such being exists.
- I think that it is possible to know whether God(s) exist, unless it's proven otherwise.
- Alignment Tropes: True Neutral with heavy shades of Lawful Good.
- Altum Videtur: Oh so very much. Also with English, since it isn't my mother tongue.
- Bile Fascination: That's why I became PPCer and continue to read badfic.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Kind of given, since my moral code is an odd mix of Stoicism, Kantian imperatives, and Cartesian epistemology. Despite my Lawful Good tendencies.
- Bookworm: Yep! Gimme those books, gimme!
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I am gifted (135+ IQ), but incredibly lazy.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: I can't drink more than half a pint of Guinness, and Saké makes me tipsy.
- Captain Obvious: Obviously (and annoyingly, to my RL friends) enough.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I kinda tend to miss the obvious sometimes.
- Crossplayer: I have more female avatars than male ones. My favourite Warframe is Banshee.
- Deadpan Snarker: Who isn't?
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Due to Bookwormness.
- Food Tropes:
- Glasses Pull: Subverted. I sometimes take my glasses off before (or after) I speak, but it has no meaning whatsoever.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Sort of; I really can't understand what motivates people to be malicious (insert standard "too many premises" disclaimer here).
- Grammar Police: I'm a stickler for correct SPaG.
- Hates Every Organised Religion Equally: More or less.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: I fully believe in this.
- Hype Aversion: Ponies.
- Iconic Item: A longcoat that, unfortunately, makes me look like a Haredi.
- Ninja Editor: If I spot a typo in my posts, I usually go back and fix it as soon as I see it.
- Non-Action Guy: Was a jobnik in the army, am a bureaucrat on the side while in uni...
- Not a Morning Person: Perpetually grumpy in mornings. Not properly awake till around 0900 and a cup (preferably more) of tea.
Lazy man's box
(This is where I drop off stuff I need but am too lazy to find every time.)
Space for vandalism, messages etc
- "Uhhh, boss? There's this weird portal that's sucking the world up."
"Build a wall around it. It'll be fine." —Evi I Paladin, describing a certain Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
- "...I don't even mind this derail because it's so much better than the derails that could be going on right now." -Best Of, in the short-lived second Israeli politics thread.
- "... You're making me think about a parasitic, Raising Heart wielding Kyubey living inside people" -Sergio Turbo
- "The! The A and the It have been caught by Daleks!"
"No, we left her on Gallifrey..." -hS
- "Sergio Turbo/firemagic/Desdendelle.
A cuddly sandwich of animé and magical girls and bespectacled folks." -Lily Winterwood
- The British Plover that isn't British.
[17:27:48] Plummet: Stop being British damn you.
- Madame Vastra: The game is afoot. We are going to need a lot of tea.