- Et on s'est tellemont assojetti, en la dernière, à certaines règles et à certains chiffres, qu'on en a fait un art confus et obscur, qui embarrasse l'esprit, qu lieu d'une science qui le cultive. Translation - Rene Descartes, Discourse on Method
open/close all folders
This Troper dislikes the following things
Tropes that that guy, desdendelle, thinks he's an example of
- Agnostic: of the 'weak agnostic atheist' variation. It basically means the following:
- I don't know whether God(s) exist, or not.
- I tend to thinknote that no such being exists.
- I think that it is possible to know whether God(s) exist, unless it's proven otherwise.
- Alignment Tropes: True Neutral with heavy shades of Lawful Good.
- Altum Videtur: Oh so very much. Also with English, since it isn't my mother tongue.
- Bile Fascination: That's why I became PPCer and continue to read badfic.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Kind of given, since my moral code is an odd mix of Stoicism, Kantian imperatives, and Cartesian epistemology. Despite my Lawful Good tendencies.
- Bookworm: Yep! Gimme those books, gimme!
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I am gifted (135+ IQ), but incredibly lazy.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: I can't drink more than half a pint of Guinness, and Saké makes me tipsy.
- Captain Obvious: Obviously (and annoyingly, to my RL friends) enough.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I kinda tend to miss the obvious sometimes.
- Crossplayer: I have more female avatars than male ones. My favourite Warframe is Banshee.
- Deadpan Snarker: Who isn't?
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Due to Bookwormness.
- Food Tropes:
- Glasses Pull: Subverted. I sometimes take my glasses off before (or after) I speak, but it has no meaning whatsoever.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Sort of; I really can't understand what motivates people to be malicious (insert standard "too many premises" disclaimer here).
- Grammar Police: I'm a stickler for correct SPaG.
- Hates Every Organised Religion Equally: More or less.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: I fully believe in this.
- Hype Aversion: Ponies.
- Iconic Item: A longcoat that, unfortunately, makes me look like a Haredi.
- Ninja Editor: If I spot a typo in my posts, I usually go back and fix it as soon as I see it.
- Non-Action Guy: Was a jobnik in the army, am a bureaucrat on the side while in uni...
- Not a Morning Person: Perpetually grumpy in mornings. Not properly awake till around 0900 and a cup (preferably more) of tea.
- Saw "Star Wars" 27 Times: I have a tendency to recycle books, movies and the like.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Even more evident when I speak Hebrew.
- The Enneagram: A Four. Apparently.
- The Philosopher: FWIW it's what I study in university.
- The Quiet One: Until the ice breaks, that is, and sometimes even after that; if I have nothing to say I will shut up.
- Type 2/type 3 Glasses Adjuster.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: People can't pin down my accent, but most think I was born in Britain or something.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Another bad habit I'm trying to get rid of.
- Younger Than They Look: Take my word on it. People tend to think that I'm ten years older than my true age, probably because of the beard, coat and (sometimes) potted-plant-on-the-head.
Lazy man's box
(This is where I drop off stuff I need but am too lazy to find every time.)
Space for vandalism, messages etc
- "Uhhh, boss? There's this weird portal that's sucking the world up." "Build a wall around it. It'll be fine." —Evi I Paladin, describing a certain Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
- "...I don't even mind this derail because it's so much better than the derails that could be going on right now." -Best Of, in the short-lived second Israeli politics thread.
- "... You're making me think about a parasitic, Raising Heart wielding Kyubey living inside people" -Sergio Turbo
- "The! The A and the It have been caught by Daleks!" "The who?" "No, we left her on Gallifrey..." -hS
- "Sergio Turbo/firemagic/Desdendelle. A cuddly sandwich of animé and magical girls and bespectacled folks." -Lily Winterwood
- The British Plover that isn't British. [17:27:48] Plummet: Stop being British damn you.
- Madame Vastra: The game is afoot. We are going to need a lot of tea.