Trunks: W-well you know, my mom always said I was a cute kid...
Bulma: Oooh, a momma's boy, huh? I'll be your mommy. (winks)
Trunks: [internally] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
A comedy trope where a character experiences something Squicky, and that character is so horrified by this, he/she lets out a bloodcurdling scream. It doesn't matter what the thing is, as long as it's clearly gross and disturbing to that character. Something like Bob drools over a decades-old picture of a hot, young woman, only to be told that it's a picture of his grandmother.
Happens pretty often in MST.
Online, there are more YouTube videos of this reaction to shock images than one can count, not to mention all the image macros that can convey this trope.
Sometimes the thing can even be Faux Horrific.
Often this can overlap with The Scream, but for some reason this rarely overlaps with Screams Like a Little Girl. Something that is Sick and Wrong may cause this reason, although it's not guaranteed that this is how they'll react.
- In Hoshin Engi, when Tou Sengyoku sees Chokomei's giant holographic head she reacts by screaming her head off in disgust, claiming it's too creepy. Upon seeing his face superimposed on his One-Winged Angel giant flower form she gives another scream of disgust, again claiming that he's too creepy to stand.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: In Part 3, Polnareff lets out a disgusted scream when he discovers a pig poking its head out of a toilet looking for food. Later, Joseph and Iggy discover what an outdoor toilet in the desert is like, where in upon you leave poop to dry up while you wipe your butt with sterile sand, which prompts Joseph to scream in appropriate horror OH MY GODDDD!.
- Majikoi! Love Me Seriously!: While trying to seduce Yamato in a forest, Kokoro demands that he "show her his manliness". He proceeds to flash her, causing her to scream so hard that the screen pans away upward into space.
- Pretty Cure:
- Farmboy James reacts this way to Concrete showing him his "owl eyes" in No Sweat.
- In Hawkeye vs. Deadpool Kate Bishop meets◊ the latter for the first time on Halloween and compliments him on "the best Freddy Krueger makeup I've ever seen" only to be informed by Clint that it's Deadpool's real face. She gives Deadpool a thumbs up and then turns around and silently screams at Clint.
- The Simpsons Futurama Crossover Crisis:
- Edna Krabbapel's students react in disgust when it turns out Fry did fart instead of sitting on a Whoopee Cushion.
- This is the reaction several Simpsons characters have when Zapp Brannigan accidentally rips off his clothes and reveals his fat belly.
- Spider-Girl has an issue where May travels back in time and encounters her father when he was still a teenage super-hero. When Peter makes a flirtatious comment towards her, May's 2nd person narration ends up screaming at the idea.
Spider-Man: We big league super-types often take abuse - though rarely from anyone as cute as you.
Narration: I-Is he trying to come on to you?!
- The Bolt Chronicles:
- In "The Cameo," Bolt pointedly expresses revulsion after reading a porn fanfic he appears in.
"Yuck!" the shepherd exclaimed, sticking his tongue out in distaste. "Me? Having sex with my human? That's just gross! What kind of sick, disgusting, loathsome little degenerate do they think I am? Who comes up with this stuff, anyway? I've got a good mind to... to..."
- In "The School," Penny understandably expresses revulsion at seeing the lunch lady picking her nose — with the last time expressed by yelling.
and the loathsome
lovingly PICKS HER NOSE!!!!
- In "The Cameo," Bolt pointedly expresses revulsion after reading a porn fanfic he appears in.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged
- In Episode 33, when Future Trunks is in the present, Bulma starts hitting on him, unaware that he's her Kid from the Future. Trunks is fully aware of it but doesn't want to change the past by revealing anything out loud, so he forces himself to keep up a strained smile while internally screaming in horror.
- Episode 60 Epilogue has Trunks scream openly in a deleted blooper scene where Bulma talks about her sex life with Vegeta, despite Trunks' requests to change the topic.
- In spinoff series Goku's Gonna Show You, Goku screams very loudly when he discovers what cake farting is. (Yes, that is apparently a fetish.)
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO A POOR DEFENSELESS CAKE!
- Hellsing Ultimate Abridged: When Alucard and the Queen of England have a downright filthy conversation, Sir Penwood screams before declaring, "I can never have sex again!"
- In Kyon: Big Damn Hero, both Haruhi and Yanagimoto Ai react this way when they see the pictures Yamane was collecting: photos of female schoolmates changing that he intended to sell to other students and Yakuza, who would then sell them on the Internet.
- In an Ed, Edd n Eddy fanfic, Night of the Were-Ed, there's a scene where the rest of the cast walks in on May and Ed (as a werewolf). Everyone present is disgusted, except for Lee, who notes that May was always a closet furry.
- Ranma ½ Abridged: Kuno "confesses" to Girl-type Ranma against the setting sun, culminating in him announcing he's going to deflower her, to which Boy-type Ranma screams internally until choking on his own phlegm. While inside his own mind. Somehow.
- In the Lucky Star fanfic Starbound, the party engages in a discussion about taking risks some time after they have left Japan, and Konata suggests some of them take their clothes off and run off naked. Kagami prevents her as she attempts this, but Mondo manages to disrobe all the way while everyone else is focused on Konata. Cue this trope from Tsukasa while the other girls merely fall speechless (barring Konata, of course, who cheers him on. And no, he doesn't actually streak, which averts further use of this trope).
- In episode 14 of Sword Art Online Abridged, the last thing Kazuto Kirigaya says to Suguha before she (as Leafa) logs out of Alfheim Online is his in-game name of Kirito. Once Suguha finishes logging out, she screams up a storm of outrage (that her "cock-sampler" of a cousin is in her game) before realizing that she said he had 'a sweet patootie' and letting out a cry of disgust and despair.
- In chapter 24 of Harry Potter And The Rune Stone Path, Victor Krum utters a blood-curdling scream upon seeing a morbidly obese version of himself covered in dirt and smears of food and condiments. After frantically destroying the runic construct, he runs out of the arena looking for either alcohol or an "Obliviate" spell.
- Vow of Nudity: A running gag through Kay'la's arc in Axrilas is that she screams uncontrollably every time she sees Ayla, a palace wizard who's secretly a changeling, but thanks to her face-blindness her 'human disguise' has its facial features horribly misshapen and misplaced across her face. Everybody else ignores it to respect her feelings, but poor Kay'la just can't help herself.
- Probably the only truly funny part of Dumb And Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd is when Bob Saget's character walks into a bedroom smeared with what he thinks is feces (actually a chocolate bar), and launches into a prolonged fit screaming about it.
- Hancock: When the prisoners surround him and refusing to budge, Hancock threatens to shove one guy's head into another's ass. When they still refuse to budge and Hancock makes good on his threat, the rest panic at the sight.
- Happy Death Day has sorority girl Emily screaming in horror once the killer crashes to the ground right in front of her. Happens again in the sequel, only this time it's two people, and the one falling is protagonist Tree, skydiving without a parachute (It Makes Sense in Context). It's that kind of movie.
- Jim, the main character of Mogworld, is a zombie who suffers a lot of damage during the course of the story. As bits fall off, he gets patched up with whatever is handy. At one point, he loses his eyes underwater and winds up getting them replaced with octopus eyes. It becomes a Running Gag through the rest of the book that whenever someone new meets him, they exclaim, "OH GOD YOUR EYES BLAAARRGGHGHH". Usually in mid-sentence.
- The Boy Meets World slasher episode "And Then There Was Shawn" has several throughout the episode, most notably from Angela. It overlaps with This Is No Time to Panic, from the threatening message on the chalkboard written in blood to someone turning up dead, but none is more notable than this scene, just before the gang finds the creepy janitor's dead body in his dustbin:
Cory: So, where is he?
Eric: He's probably on his way.
Shawn: I don't think so! Angela?
Shawn: You sick of screaming?
Shawn: Then don't look in here!
(Cory, Eric, Jack and Topanga take a peek into the bin and scream)
Cory: There's, like, fifteen retainers in there!
Shawn: And this! (holds up the dead body of Janitor Freddie)
Angela Oh, me, okay. (screams)
(Shawn pushes the dustbin out of sight)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: In "The Slump", a flashback has Scully show Jake his orange foot.
Jake: I don't see anything.
Scully: That's because it's all wart.
Jake: (screams, spits out his bite of the sandwich he was eating, and runs away)
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:
Phil: GET UP! HURRY! EVERYBODY, GET UP!
- In "The Baby Comes Out", Uncle Phil is just a little paranoid about when his pregnant wife is going to go into labor and in the middle of one night goes to wake everyone up because he thinks Vivian is going to have the baby. Phil is in such a flurry that he forgets to put on any clothes before doing so, resulting in Will waking up to see his naked uncle and reacting by pulling this trope. The next morning (after it turns out that the incident last night was a false alarm), Will is still reeling from seeing Uncle Phil naked.
Will: Yo, what's what's the matter, Uncle Ph-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGHH!!!!
Phil: Calm down, Will, calm down! It's Vivian, she's having her baby!
Will: THAT AIN'T WHAT'S SCARING ME! YOU AIN'T GOT NO DRAWERS ON!!
- Will again in the later episode "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll" when Will walks into his mother's bedroom just in time to see her in bed with his fiance's father.
Will: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!! MOMMA NOOOOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
- In Hope And Gloria, when Hope sleeps with a guy, and then gets a clue that misleads her to believe he's her half brother.
- In the iCarly Christmas Special, Carly learns that she is dating Nevel in an It's a Wonderful Plot Alternate Universe and this is her reaction.
- El internado: Las Cumbres: When Paul and Amaia bring their friends to see a painting, it is gone but a jar is left in its place, and Paz picks it up. At seeing the contents—eyeballs—Paz drops it and runs off screaming.
- The final episode of the first series of the sitcom Life of Riley has a reccuring joke in which Maddie keeps accidentally terrifying the little boy, Anthony. His usual reaction is to faint, but he lets out quite a few screams as well. this reaction comes as a result of her accidentally making a fictional goat sound like a ghost, giving him a chocolate box with a dead hamster in it and coming at him with a knife after seemingly gouging one of her own eyes out.
- In Malcolm in the Middle, Reese finds a girl's diary, and reading it, falls in love with the unknown author. He lets out The Scream when he finds out it's his mother's old diary.
- This was one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 cast's two common reactions to squicky material, the other being booing in disgust.
"Baby oil?! AAAAGGHHH!!!"
- When the Mythbusters Build Team tested a decapitation myth, Tory managed to procure an intact pig spine. Despite several years' experience on the show, Kari's reaction is about what you'd expect from a vegetarian.
- In Roseanne the title character tries to make son DJ feel better about getting a Raging Stiffie in front of his classmates by telling a story about her first public period, leading him to run screaming from the room.
- This is Tony's reaction on Round the Twist when Bronson apparently licks a dirty flyswatter. It was actually a new, unused flyswatter with bits of licorice stuck to it.
- In the The X-Files episode Jose Chung's From Outer Space, Mulder sees a dead alien's corpse and lets out a high-pitched shriek.
- In Awkwafina is Nora from Queens, Nora and Edmund scream in utter horror at the sight of Nora's Bumbling Dad's junk hanging out from a picture he posted on Instagram.
- In the episode 'Beware the Trickster on the Roof' of the third series of One Foot in the Grave, Victor decides to make a teddy-bear using parts he has harvested from older ones. The resulting abomination is never seen aside from a single paw, but it is enough to make Margaret sick to her stomach. Inevitably, the child of a couple hoping to buy the house next door stumbles upon it in the dustbin, with expected results.
- "The French Angel, The World's Ugliest Man!. He makes grown men scream and women faint!"
- Dawn of a New Age: Oldport Blues:
- Upon seeing the mass of insects that Jenna has been transformed into, Crispin screams for so hard and so long that it causes her to experience a Heroic BSoD.
- Shortly afterwards Ed arrives, screams at Jenna, and throws a pillow at her, disorientating her swarm. Fortunately, this time, she's more annoyed at the unprovoked assault than traumatised.
- While he likes to put up a persona of being composed, Daigo quickly loses his cool and shrieks when Harriet gets snot all over him.
- Persona 5: Ann screams in horror the first time the party encounters Mara (who looks like a giant penis monster).
- In RuneScape, the examine text (which is often the player character's comment on something) for the Night-gazer Khighorahk is "The eyes! THE EYES!"
- One of the possible pre-match intros in Mortal Kombat X between Johnny Cage and Leatherface makes the former react in the following way:
Johnny Cage: What's that on your fa... OHHHHH!
- Homestar Runner:
- In the Strong Bad Email "shapeshifter", Strong Bad has an Imagine Spot where he turns into a hundred dollar bill, only to be tucked into the waistband of Coach Z's "sweaty sweat-sweats". Cut back to the Lappy, where Strong Bad is collapsed on the floor, groaning in disgust.
- In "too cool", Homestar and the Brothers Strong scream in horror and shield their eyes when Senor Cardgage's cursèd character video includes a Gross-Up Close-Up of "the family might/could", a crudely-drawn face doodled somewhere on Cardgage's flabby, wrinkled torso.
- Mongolian Erectile Dysfunction has Timmy scream and run away after Mr. Turtle vomits all over his Tootsie Pop.
- In Red vs. Blue, once Simmons, Grif and Tucker are greeted by a naked Donut, they run away while yelling ("AAAAAHHHH, RUN!").
- In this video of Atop the Fourth Wall, after Linkara sees a panel where a fat guy dreams about having the body of Lady Gaga.
- His review of Youngblood #7 also has his being horrified at the comic showing Troll in the shower. Cue Combine Harvester.
- It happens again in his review of Trouble (Marvel Comics) #2 when Richard Parker, Spider-Man's biological dad, makes a mention about masturbation.
- And again in his review of the comic adaptation for A New Hope which, as it was made before Return of the Jedi revealed that they were brother and sister, makes Luke and Leia's interactions far more romantic in nature.
- The Blockbuster Buster during his review of Seed of Chucky, when Chucky plans to artificially inseminate Jennifer Tilly. Then Chucky proceeds to masturbate, which prompts him to scream in his balcony (muted by his glass door). Doesn't end when immediately after Chucky holds a cup of his own sperm and Tiffany proceeds to impregnate Jennifer.
- DeceasedCrab's reaction to seeing the treasure of Hell Temple, the Skimpy Swimsuit in his Let's Play of La-Mulana, after many aggravating segments and attempts to get through it. More specifically, his reaction to seeing Professor Lemeza, the very male main character, wearing the thing!
- The Music Video Show does this anytime Michael Jackson makes out with a woman.
"I CAN'T UNSEE THAT!"
- Andy and Mike of Outside Xbox both react rather badly to an indie Dating Sim diving headlong into the Unintentional Uncanny Valley.
Mike: MY EYES!
- KSI was the Card Czar to the other Sidemen in a game of Cards Against Humanity when someone played the black card that said, "The royal afterbirth." Since JJ did not know what an afterbirth was,note he searched for it on Google Images. Although he frustrated the Sidemen for letting his turn as Card Czar end without choosing anything, it was humourously made up for it by the sound of him screaming at the image results afterward.
- In The Spoony Experiment, Spoony and two sort-of doubles are watching a movie where women are frolicking on a topless beach, but then it cuts to two guys in speedos. The Spoonies are horrified.
- At the end of StrawberryCreme26's 3rd Comic Dub of Hiimdaisy's Persona 4, they give to Yosuke the angstiest scream ever after watching Shadow Kanji in the TV.
- During his "Ashens Game Jam" series, Stuart Ashen reviewed four games, ending each of them with an "Ashens Quick Thinks" screen where he suggests possible improvements to the game. Except for the last one, Game Of The Year IDST by Oliver, Age 24, a dress-up doll game where the player dresses up various poorly-drawn and nude YouTube celebrities, including Ashens himself. After this one, the "Ashens Quick Thinks" just reads "AAAAAAHHHHHHH" while Ominous Pipe Organ music plays.
- In the SuperMarioLogan episode "Mario's Hobo Problem!", Chef Pee Pee and Mario scream upon seeing Shrek's big poopy mess in the bathroom.
- Todd in the Shadows does this in his "Imma Be" review when he finds out what will.i.am rhymes "Lehman" with: "I'mma be a bank, I be loaning out semen."
"Why would you do that?!"
- In the Rifftrax entry for Star Trek: Generations, upon seeing the Duras Sisters, Bill questions if they're only seeing the hairless part of their breasts through their Cleavage Window, causing Mike to scream in horror.
- In The Rap Critic video for "The Worst Lyrics of 2020", a line from Lil Wayne about breast-fucking a woman while she nurses another man's child causes the Rap Critic to break into horrified screams over the mental image, before attempting to remove them from his head with a power drill.
- Stan screams in American Dad!, after realizing that his daughter slept with his boss.
- Bluey: A scene deleted from US broadcasts of "Markets" shows a horse (dressed as a unicorn) pooping right in front of Bluey and Indy, prompting them to scream and run away.
- In the episode, "Smoochy Kiss," Bluey does this three times in a row. First when Bandit admits that he peed on his foot, then when he washes his foot using the laundry room sink, and finally when he dries his foot off with one of Bluey's shirts.
- Jay Sherman of The Critic inspires this, such as when Ardeth decided to marry Jay without knowing what he looked or sounded like, thanks to bandages. The bandages come off...
- In Ed, Edd n Eddy, Edd walks into Ed's room, and is horrified to discover that Ed had somehow unhinged his own jaw and is actually swallowing his mattress whole.
- In Family Guy, Stewie screamed after seeing Lois and Peter having sex.
- For the record, Stewie did not do this trope when he screamed at a picture of a woman's genitals. That was just plain horror to him.
- Also when Peter says "Eww!" when seeing Carter and another woman having sex...the former spewing excuses like "She's a man" or "She's my sister". Eventually, though, the people in Peter making the words ran out of W's for "Eww!"
- Meg's reaction to a naked Peter air humping her in the face.
- Lois' bloodcurdling scream upon seeing that Peter had oral sex with her mother.
- In Futurama, Leela ends up having pity sex with Zapp Brannigan after they first meet. When she realizes what she did...
- Morbo's co-anchor Linda lets out a blood-curdling scream after he "flashes" her during the Freedom Day parade.
- Fry finding out he just became his own grandfather.
- In The Looney Tunes Show episode "Fish and Visitors," Bugs screams after he sees the aftermath of Yosemite Sam's shower. This includes nasty close-ups of a dirty toilet and a wad of his hair in the shower.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Rainbow Falls", Bulk Biceps screams when he sees that Rainbow Dash has been faking her injuries.
- In Rocko's Modern Life episode "Bedfellows," Rocko screams when he sees what Heffer left in his toilet among other things.
- The Simpsons:
- In "The Blunder Years," Homer is hypnotized into thinking he's 12 again. This causes him to start screaming repeatedly. As it turns out, he uncovered a repressed memory where he discovers a rotting corpse in a swimming hole.
- In "Weekend at Burnsie's," Homer has to laugh at Mr. Burns' jokes, but he doesn't find them funny anymore now that he's quit smoking marijuana. Marge suggests picturing him naked, which instead causes Homer to scream. Marge then suggests to picture him with a funny hat instead, but Homer finds that image even worse.
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- In "New Digs," SpongeBob asks Squidward and Mr. Krabs if they want to know where the mustard is, and it's revealed that it's being kept under Gary's shell. Squidward screams after seeing this.
- In "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful," Squidward screams after realizing that his house has been replaced by a replica made entirely out of the garbage SpongeBob was supposed to get rid of.
Trunks: Mom... you...
Bulma: And unfortunately, he didn't know what protection meant.
Trunks: I really don't need to know this!
Bulma: But after that first time I just thought well, "In for a penny, in for a pounding."
Bulma: And I really was.
Trunks: [externally] AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!