Trunks: Well you know, my mother always said I was a cute kid...
Bulma: Oooh, a momma's boy, huh? I'll be your mommy. (winks)
Trunks: [internally] AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
A comedy trope where a character experiences something Squicky, and that character is so horrified by this, he/she lets out a bloodcurdling scream. It doesn't matter what the thing is, as long as it's clearly gross and disturbing to that character. Something like Bob drools over a decades-old picture of a hot, young woman, only to be told that's a picture of his grandmother.
Happens pretty often in MST.
Online, there are more YouTube videos of this reaction to shock images than one can count, not to mention all the image macros that can convey this trope.
Sometimes the thing can even be Faux Horrific.
- Farmboy James reacts this way to Concrete showing him his "owl eyes" in No Sweat.
- In Hawkeye vs. Deadpool Kate Bishop meets◊ the latter for the first time on Halloween and compliments him on "the best Freddy Krueger makeup I've ever seen" only to be informed by Clint that it's Deadpool's real face. She gives Deadpool a thumbs up and then turns around and silently screams at Clint.
- Spider-Girl has an issue where May travels back in time and encounters her father when he was still a teenage super-hero. When Peter makes a flirtatious comment towards her, May's 2nd person narration ends up screaming at the idea.
Spider-Man: We big league super-types often take abuse - though rarely from anyone as cute as you.
Narration: I-Is he trying to come on to you?!
- In Kyon: Big Damn Hero, both Haruhi and Yanagimoto Ai react this way when they see the pictures Yamane was collecting: photos of female schoolmates changing that he intended to sell to other students and Yakuza, who would then sell them on the Internet.
- In an Ed, Edd n Eddy fanfic, Night of the Were-Ed, there's a scene where the rest of the cast walks in on May and Ed (as a werewolf). Everyone present is disgusted, except for Lee, who notes that May was always a closet furry.
- In Episode 33 of Dragon Ball Z Abridged, when Future Trunks is in the present, Bulma starts hitting on him, unaware that he's her Kid from the Future. Trunks is fully aware of it but doesn't want to change the past by revealing anything out loud, so he forces himself to keep up a strained smile while internally screaming in horror.
- In spinoff series Goku's Gonna Show You, Goku screams very loudly when he discovers what cake farting is. (Yes, that is apparently a fetish.)
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO A POOR DEFENSELESS CAKE!
- Hellsing Ultimate Abridged: When Alucard and the Queen of England have a downright filthy conversation, Sir Penwood screams before declaring, "I can never have sex again!"
- Ranma ½ Abridged: Kuno "confesses" to Girl-type Ranma against the setting sun, culminating in him announcing he's going to deflower her, to which Boy-type Ranma screams internally until choking on his own phlegm. While inside his own mind. Somehow.
- Jim, the main character of Mogworld, is a zombie who suffers a lot of damage during the course of the story. As bits fall off, he gets patched up with whatever is handy. At one point, he loses his eyes underwater and winds up getting them replaced with octopus eyes. It becomes a Running Gag through the rest of the book that whenever someone new meets him, they exclaim, "OH GOD YOUR EYES BLAAARRGGHGHH". Usually in mid-sentence.
- In Hope And Gloria, when Hope sleeps with a guy, and then gets a clue that misleads her to believe he's her half brother.
- This was one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 cast's two common reactions to squicky material, the other being booing in disgust.
"Baby oil?! AAAAGGHHH!!!"
- In Malcolm in the Middle, Reese finds a girl's diary, and reading it, falls in love with the unknown author. He lets out The Scream when he finds out it's his mother's old diary.
- In Roseanne the title character tries to make son DJ feel better about getting a Raging Stiffie in front of his classmates by telling a story about her first public period, leading him to run screaming from the room.
- This is Tony's reaction on Round the Twist when Bronson apparently licks a dirty flyswatter. It was actually a new, unused flyswatter with bits of licorice stuck to it.
- In the The X-Files episode Jose Chung's From Outer Space, Mulder sees a dead alien's corpse and lets out a high-pitched shriek.
- When Carly from the iCarly Christmas special learns that she dates Nevel in an Alternate Reality, this is her reaction.
- When the Mythbusters Build Team tested a decapitation myth, Tory managed to procure an intact pig spine. Despite several years' experience on the show, Kari's reaction is about what you'd expect from a vegetarian.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: In "The Baby Comes Out", Uncle Phil is just a little paranoid about when his pregnant wife is going to go into labor and in the middle of one night goes to wake everyone up because he thinks Vivian is going to have the baby. Phil is in such a flurry that he forgets to put on any clothes before doing so, resulting in Will waking up to see his naked uncle and reacting by pulling this trope. The next morning (after it turns out that the incident last night was a false alarm), Will is still reeling from seeing Uncle Phil naked.
Phil: GET UP! HURRY! EVERYBODY, GET UP!
Will: Yo, what's what's the matter, Uncle Ph-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGHH!!!!
Phil: Calm down, Will, calm down! It's Vivian, she's having her baby!
Will: THAT AIN'T WHAT'S SCARING ME! YOU AIN'T GOT NO DRAWERS ON!!
- Homestar Runner:
- In the Strong Bad Email "shapeshifter", Strong Bad has an Imagine Spot where he turns into a hundred dollar bill, only to be tucked into the waistband of Coach Z's "sweaty sweat-sweats". Cut back to the Lappy, where Strong Bad is collapsed on the floor, groaning in disgust.
- In "too cool", Homestar and the Brothers Strong scream in horror and shield their eyes when Senor Cardgage's cursèd character video includes a Gross-Up Close-Up of "the family might-could", a crudely-drawn face on Cardgage's flabby, wrinkled torso.
- In this video of Atop the Fourth Wall, after Linkara sees a panel where a fat guy dreams about having the body of Lady Gaga.note note
- In The Spoony Experiment, Spoony and two sort-of doubles are watching a movie where women are frolicking on a topless beach, but then it cuts to two guys in speedos. The Spoonies are horrified.
- The Music Video Show does this anytime Michael Jackson makes out with a woman.
"I CAN'T UNSEE THAT!"
- DeceasedCrab's reaction to seeing the treasure of Hell Temple, the Skimpy Swimsuit in his Let's Play of La-Mulana, after many aggravating segments and attempts to get through it. More specifically, his reaction to seeing Professor Lemeza, the very male main character, wearing the thing!
- The Blockbuster Buster during his review of Seed of Chucky, when Chucky plans to artificially inseminate Jennifer Tilly. Then Chucky proceeds to masturbate, which prompts him to scream in his balcony (muted by his glass door). Doesn't end when immediately after Chucky holds a cup of his own sperm and Tiffany proceeds to impregnate Jennifer.
- At the end of StrawberryCreme26's 3rd Comic Dub of Hiimdaisy's Persona 4, they give to Yosuke the angstiest scream ever after watching Shadow Kanji in the TV.
- KSI was the Card Czar to the other Sidemen in a game of Cards Against Humanity when someone played the black card that said, "The royal afterbirth." Since JJ did not know what an afterbirth was,note he searched for it on Google Images. Although he frustrated the Sidemen for letting his turn as Card Czar end without choosing anything, it was humourously made up for it by the sound of him screaming at the image results afterward.
- Todd in the Shadows does this in his "Imma Be" review when he finds out what Will I Am rhymes "Lehman" with: "I'mma be a bank, I be loaning out semen."
"Why would you do that?!"
- In the SuperMarioLogan episode "Mario's Hobo Problem!", Chef Pee Pee and Mario scream upon seeing Shrek's big poopy mess in the bathroom.
- During his "Ashens Game Jam" series, Stuart Ashen reviewed four games, ending each of them with an "Ashens Quick Thinks" screen where he suggests possible improvements to the game. Except for the last one, Game Of The Year IDST by Oliver, Age 24, a dress-up doll game where the player dresses up various poorly-drawn and nude YouTube celebrities, including Ashens himself. After this one, the "Ashens Quick Thinks" just reads "AAAAAAHHHHHHH" while Ominous Pipe Organ music plays.
- Andy and Mike of Outside Xbox both react rather badly to an indie Dating Sim diving headlong into the Uncanny Valley.
Mike: MY EYES!
- Stan screams in American Dad!, after realizing that his daughter slept with his boss.
- In Family Guy, Stewie screamed after seeing Lois and Peter having sex.
- For the record, Stewie did not do this trope when he screamed at a picture of a woman's genitals. That was just plain horror to him.
- Also when Peter says "Eww!" when seeing Carter and another woman having sex...the former spewing excuses like "She's a man" or "She's my sister". Eventually, though, the people in Peter making the words ran out of W's for "Eww!"
- Meg's reaction to a naked Peter air humping her in the face.
- In Futurama, Leela ends up having pity sex with Zapp Brannigan after they first meet. When she realizes what she did...
- Morbo's co-anchor Linda lets out a blood-curdling scream after he "flashes" her during the Freedom Day parade.
- Fry finding out he just became his own grandfather.
- On Rocko's Modern Life Rocko screams when he sees what Heffer left in his toilet among other things.
- Jay Sherman of The Critic inspires this, such as when Ardeth decided to marry Jay without knowing what he looked or sounded like, thanks to bandages. The bandages come off...
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode "Rainbow Falls", Bulk Biceps screams when he sees that Rainbow Dash has been faking her injuries.