Awwwwww yeah... Wait, what? Oh. Right. Entering the Hiimdaisy article, or whatever.
The artist, known as Gigi Digi (formerly Peachifruit), has done several comics, which have gained much fame on a certain Web site. Her comics cover Metal Gear, Professor Layton, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Persona 3, Persona 4, and Ace Attorney (and sometimes, Mother 3).
Some of the comics have been adapted into "hyperdubs" by BroadSpectrumStudios, with voice-overs, sound effects and original jokes added. The comic no longer updates, as the author is currently on working on her new original web comic, Cucumber Quest, and has stated she has no interest in continuing the comic.
Introduction over and we need to post examples! Snake, get in there!
Okay! Time to add some examples of tropes in this web com- *bleep bleep* OH WHAT NOW?!
- Abusive Parents:
- Ryotaro Dojima is, to put it lightly, a raging psychopath. On the other hand, he's an amusing raging psychopath. Also, he leaves his just-moved-in nephew and his daughter alone to go for some ice cream.
- In Let's destroy the FOX Unit, Elisa told Big Boss he could made a great father someday. Cue Imagine Spot.Solid: Dad, guess what! I learned my sixth language today!
Big Boss: Good work, son, you've made your father proud.
Liquid: FAAAAAAAAATHEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR; I learned my seventh language today!
Big Boss: [Beat] Get Out!. Solidus, where's my dinner?
Solidus: [wearing an apron] Coming, Dad.
- Manfred von Karma emotionally abuses his adopted son Miles Edgeworth by taunting him with the idea that Edgeworth's father, who von Karma himself murdered, has come back to life.
- While Zak Gramarye is a serial asshole to absolutely everyone, he doesn't even have any compassion for his own daughter, who he abandons, and mocks twice for this.
- Affectionate Parody: It's clear that Gigi loves the games, or she wouldn't be doing such a good job mocking them.
- Anachronism Stew: In Lets Destroy The Shagohod!, you can see Ocelot using a cellphone to take a picture of Snake being tortured, and he also mentions "The Home Shopping Network", all in a parody of a game that takes place during the Cold War.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Humorously subverted.Snake: EVA, I... I need you!... to stop whining and FLY US OUT OF HERE!
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Morooka's death in Persona 4 Comic.
- Animals Hate Him: Solid Snake and his tendency to get wolf-dogs surround and bite him all over.
- Annoying Video-Game Helper: Actually inverted in "Let's Destroy The Metal Gear!" with Naomi.Snake: Naomi, what happened—
Naomi:: I DON'T KNOW, STOP ASKING ANY QUESTIONS!!
Naomi: I DON'T KNOW, LEAVE ME ALONE!!
Snake: ... That doesn't answer my question...
Naomi: STOP CALLING ME!!!
- Anything but That!: Exaggerated like everything else.Sokolov: No, anything but the Lipstick Gun, AAAAAAAAAA!
- Arson, Murder, Squick: The Pain.
- Art Evolution: Just compare Let's Destroy Metal Gear! and Let's Destroy the Shagohod!. There are many improvements to the figure drawing and line techniques.
- Art Shift:
- An odd variation, with only two characters concerned. Both are extremely plot important, however, and work as a bit of Fridge Brilliance on Peachi's part. Notice Dojima's face? It goes from being rough, beardy, and frankly ugly to being smoother and better looking as the revelation about his dead wife comes to the fore. In addition, Adachi goes from being drawn in a beautiful, sparkly style to having extremely scary expressions as his true nature starts to slip out, ranging from mocking Dojima over his dead wife to scaring the Investigation Team.
- A straighter example happens while the Investigation Team are on the camping trip, after Kanji has joined the team. He, the main character and Yosuke are sharing a tent, and when Yosuke asks Kanji about ulterior motives, we see Kanji and the MC wondering why Yosuke's panicking in the normal art style, then as seen through Yosuke's eyes, in a yaoi manga-esque style.
- During the scene where "you wonder why the voice acting is so hard to hear during animated cutscenes", the protagonist's face is drawn Bishounen-style, probably to poke fun at the fact that the art style in the cutscenes is pretty different from the in-game art.
- The unmasking of Raiden in Let's Destroy Metal Gear again! is another good example.
- METAL GEAR!!! as done by both Snake and Raiden.
- There's one image in "Let's Destroy the Fox Unit!" of a Codec between Big Boss and Roy Campbell, intended to look similar to the game itself.
- Ascended Meme: Marie in Persona 4: Golden thinks that steak should be replaced by "Fsteak." as the short form for "beef steak".
- Attention Whore: Vamp, possibly, what he does sums it up.Vamp: I'M BORED AND I NEED ATTENTION!
[he then stabs Emma in the back]
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Young Ocelot was expecting Naked Snake's real name to be something super cool (Snake: "Manly Mc Beefington, kid."), and he ended very disappointed.Ocelot's Imagination: Manly McBeefington, kid.
Ocelot's Imagionation: Super boring.
- Beat Panel: Many times, usually featuring Snake/Raiden/Big Boss/Yu Narukami.
- Berserk Button:
- Big "NO!": Hilariously played by Otacon, especially in the Hyperdub. His "Noooooooooooo" is using the most pathetically Adorkable voice there is. And taken slowly without slow-motion
- Big "WHAT?!": Naked Snake's general reaction to anything crazy whether it be the End shooting him or the Boss casually telling him (before her betrayal even!) that he'll have to kill her.
- Bishie Sparkle: Raiden does this twice during Lets Destroy Metal Gear Again! Once when he first takes off his scuba mask, the second when Ocelot tears his disguise off. The latter is accompanied by a drastic Art Shift for comedic effect.
- Blatant Lies: When Volgin nukes part of Russia.Volgin: The Boss did that.
- Borrowed Catchphrase:
- Gene borrows Liquid's "BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRR!" catchphrase in Let's Defeat the FOX Unit.Gene: My voice has MAGICAL powers because I'm a successor to The Boss. Which makes us BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRRS!
- Ocelot borrows Snake's "Here I go" in Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, when he launched a rocket from a Metal Gear.
- Chie also says "Here I go" in her Leeroy Jenkins moment at Shadow Yukiko's castle.
- Shadow Teddie also borrows this phrase at the start of his boss fight.
- Gene borrows Liquid's "BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRR!" catchphrase in Let's Defeat the FOX Unit.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: In reference to CQC from Metal Gear 3. "KNIFE! GUN! KNIFEGUN!
- Everyone has Young Ocelot's number and he gets owned repeatedly throughout the story.Ocelot: SELF-ESTEEM TEAM! MEOWWWWWW!
- Liquid doesn't seem very well liked by his dad
- Everyone has Young Ocelot's number and he gets owned repeatedly throughout the story.
- But Thou Must!:
- In addition to the opener for Persona 4, the Protagonist tries to get the Investigation Team to interrupt Rise before she can press her Shadow's Berserk Button. With no success.Rise: Stop! Y-You're—
Narrator/Protagonist: Hey guys, shouldn't we stop her now before we have to fight her sha—
Narrator/Protagonist: UM YOU GUYS WE SHOULD REALLY TRY—
- The Protagonist is also pissed off when he tries to choose Chie for joining him in a stakeout, only to be told he still needs to start Yukiko's Social Link, to Yukiko's delight.
- In addition to the opener for Persona 4, the Protagonist tries to get the Investigation Team to interrupt Rise before she can press her Shadow's Berserk Button. With no success.
- Calling Your Attacks:
- Eyepatch Explanation... Kick!
- Electric bullet punch!
- VOLGIN THUNDER CRAAAASSHHH
- Camp Gay: Shadow Kanji.Shadow Kanji: I'm Kanji Tatsumi, and I enjoy naked men. Ohhhhh yahhhhh.
- Canon Immigrant: "Fsteak" has become part of the official Persona 4 canon, as of Persona 4 Golden.
- Captain Obvious: There are many examples of dopey, obvious characters:
- Persona 4 examples:Chie: Hey, there's a noose here!
Narrator/Protagonist: Spooky. Your thoughts, Yosuke?
Yosuke: Nooses are bad.
- Later:Adachi: Um, so what do we know about the case so far?
Dojima: The perp is probably in Inaba.
- In Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again:Raiden: Time to rescue Emma— [bleep bleep]]
Colonel Roy: Raiden, you have to rescue Emma!
Snake: Boy, you have to rescue Emma!
- Persona 4 examples:
- Snake/Raiden's "OKAY," "Time to do X" before being interrupted by a Codec call and variations of "Here I goooo!"
- Liquid Snake's "BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRR!"
- Combat Pragmatist: Snake often cuts to the chase.Sniper Wolf: Snake, we've got to battle like sniper warriors!
Snake: Actually, I'm going to hide behind this rock and fire remote-controlled missiles from where it's impossible for you to hit me.
Sniper Wolf: [BOOM] What!
- Compelling Voice: Thou Art Thee Art Thou Stick Your Hand In The TV Do It Do It Do It.
- Convenience Store Gift Shopping: And poor Nanako, bless her, tries not to sound disappointed at the t-shirt that congratulates her on giving birth. For a kid.
- Creepy Uncle: Dojima. I mean, what other kind of uncle buys his 16 year old nephew a speedo?Dojima: Hey, no need to be so formal! I've seen you naked.
- Cross Counter: Parodied in Lets Destroy the Shagohod! with the words "SNAKE EATEERRRR! Doo doo do doo doooo!" in the background. Also,Snake: Are you seriously not going to zip up your shirt?
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Dada Comics: Thou Art Thee Art Thou Stick Your Hand In The TV Do It Do It Do It. They make more sense if you've played the games, but they can still get pretty damn weird. In a good way.
- Deadpan Snarker: The main character in each strip AKA the only dude who makes any sense (but not always).
- Death Seeker:
- Ryoji cranks this up to disturbing (and amusing) degrees.
- So does Fortune:Fortune: I HATE EVERYBODY AND I WANT TO DIE!!!
- Department of Redundancy Department: Invoked with some of the hammy, obsessive characters from the Metal Gear Solid games.Solidus: I AM THE BOSS TO SURPASS BIG BOSS I WILL BECOME THE BIGGEST BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS.
Olga: The patriots stole my child and they will terminate my child I have not seen my child if you die my child will child child child.
The Boss: DARKNESS IS LIGHT'S LIGHT OF DARKNESS AS A DARK FAREWELL TO DARK LIGHTNESS.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Lampshaded.
- Downer Ending: Due to Series Hiatus, the Persona 4 Fan Vid ends in this... using this line: "And no one survived that night.". It's still hilarious, though.
- Dynamic Entry: Dojima prefers to do this whenever he shuts Adachi up.
- Everyone Can See It: A one-sided example in the Persona 4 comic, Yukiko's Social Link to break the ice is simplified:
- Exact Words: When the Persona 4 protagonist gets fed up trying to get coffee out of Dojima.Protagonist: Surprise me?
Dojima: [throws the coffee in his face]
- Expressive Hat:
- Naked Snake's Crocodile Hat cries with him.
- Also, the pin on Older Phoenix's hat.
- Eyes Always Shut: Barring the first codec scene, The Boss sports this. She still can pull a Death Glare with eyes shut, though.
- And when she is showing the birth scar that she has, her eyes are open.
- Failed a Spot Check: Guards fall for Naked Snake's tricks easily.Naked Snake: I'M A TREE!
- Famous Last Words: The End.Yeah, so for dinner tonight, I'm thinking spaghetti...
- Fan Vid: Many, many fandubs can be found on Youtube. Special mention goes to...
- StrawberryCreme26's dub of the Persona 4 comic, which is very well-done, with excellent use of voice, sound and editing, and actually manages to make some of the jokes funnier. And even adds jokes. Peachi herself recommended it!
- Broad Spectrum Studios created arguably the most professional dub for the Metal Gear Solid comics. They went on to finish the entire Metal Gear Solid collection with Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, Let's Destroy the Shagohod, and Let's Defeat the FOX Unit.
- Broad Spectrum are the first and only creators to dub all major Hiimdaisy Metal Gear comics, and the first to allow fan auditions for their comic dubs.
- While not given recommendations yet, theproofreader's Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater comic fandub is also quite good. He has expressed his interest to continue with the first Metal Gear Solid comic.
- Even LittleKuriboh got in on the action.
- Notably for LittleKuriboh and theproofreader, their versions basically only use two people for dubbing the whole characters.
- The dub of Ryojiventures. The first fifteen seconds really say it all.
- That same person also did this. And this, just so Professor Layton get some lovely dubs.
- Any Fan Vid of one of her comics is basically an Abridged Series version of the original game.
- Flat "What": Usually with a Big "SHUT UP!" as answer.
- Gag Boobs:
- Gag Censor: Revolver Ocelot becomes this in at least two torture scenes.
- Gag Nose: Igor's gets taken Up to Eleven.
- Genre Savvy: The Persona 4 Protagonist. Too bad nobody cares.
- Good Is Dumb: Lampshaded.Yukiko: Hey, Kanji's gone missing! What do you think?
[ ] I dunno
[>] He's in the TV
Narrator: You wanted to say that, but you don't have enough Common Sense.
- Government Conspiracy: Parodied in Lets Destroy Metal Gear Again!President: The president doesn't have any real power. This entire country is really controlled by THE PATRIOTS! CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY!
- Groin Attack: How Chie introduces herself. Fortunately, she isn't targeting the protagonist. Unfortunately (maybe), she's targeting Yosuke.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Kanji has trouble getting people to believe he likes girls after his Shadow-self pretty much admits that he's gay. During the camping trip he even tried to jump into the girl's tent completely naked. After he joined the team, Yosuke started showing hints of this as when he was afraid of catching Kanji's gayness.
- Heroic Mime: True to the game, the protagonist in the Persona 3 comics.
- Hollywood Heart Attack: The Metal Gear comics have a lot of HHHNNNNNNNGGGGG induced deaths.
- Horrifying the Horror: In Let's Destroy the Shaghohod, Colonel Volgin gives Ocelot a Death Glare for criticizing him, prompting frantic apologies from the latter. When Volgin asks The Boss why her unit sucks so much just moments later, The Boss gives him a Death Glare, prompting equally frantic apologies on his part.
- Hurricane of Puns:
- Teddie from Persona 4 still does this, and the joke that portrays this habit — which has him using Bear as a synonym for everything — is accompanied by quite possibly the best face anyone's ever done on Teddie in a comic.
- Python from Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is portrayed as this. Mr. Freeze would be proud.
- The Hyena: Yukiko.Narrator: Shut up. It's an endearing character trait.
- Hysterical Woman:
- Emma Emmerich.Emma: What about me?
Raiden: Oh, Emma. We have to get out of here before—
Raiden: Uh, Emma, we really need to get out...
Raiden: Here, just take a deep breath...
Emma: [while underwater] GRHLBHRGLRBRLG
- Sokolov is a Hysterical Man:Sokolov: Volgin's gonna get me and take my nuclear rocket tank! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA— [continues to do so as Snake encounters Ocelot]
Sokolov: No, anything but the lipstick gun, AAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sokolov: Volgin's gonna mass produce them [Shagohod] and destroy the world! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!
- Emma Emmerich.
- Ignored Aesop: The Sorrow wanted to teach to Snake that killing people is bad. It didn't turned as planned.Dead Scientist: AAAAAAAAHHH! I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE DROPPED OUT!
Snake: Hey I remember that loser! Yeah, I got you good, huh?
The Sorrow: Okay you know what, you know what just GET OUT.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Eva. She can't imagine why this wouldn't work on Ocelot.
- Incoming Ham:
- Every. Single. Member of the Cobra Unit before Snake fights them ("I am The [Noun]. [NOOOOUUUUUNNNN]!!!"). Even The Boss isn't safe.The Boss: DARKNESS IS LIGHT'S LIGHT OF DARKNESS AS A DARK FAREWELL TO DARK LIGHTNESS
- And then there's Liquid SnakeLiquid Snake: So we meet at last... BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRR.
- Every. Single. Member of the Cobra Unit before Snake fights them ("I am The [Noun]. [NOOOOUUUUUNNNN]!!!"). Even The Boss isn't safe.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
- The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake EaterThe Boss: [about The End] Once he's done taking his nap, it'll be The End for the boy... Yeah, that was pretty good, huh.
Snake: [sobbing] T-The Boss and I used to make bad puns together...
- Another one after Snake loses his eye:Paramedic: Snake, have you ever seen Dracula?
Paramedic: Well, I guess you can only see half of it now!
- And this exchange in Let's Destroy Metal Gear:Meryl: Since Psycho Mantis screwed with my mind, I can see where the mines are!
Snake: You might call yourself... a mine reader.
[they laugh, before Meryl punches him]
- The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Raiden was trained by video games!
- Info Dump:
- Parodied in the Persona 4 comics.TV: PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT
- Because the Metal Gear series is filled with long, wordy expository cutscenes, the comics tend to do something similar by trying to translate all the nonsense in a single panel.Liquid Snake: [explaining his goal] Blah Blah Blah BIG BOSS ETERNAL WAR
Otacon: [explaining Snake's equipment] Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah DISTRACTING DIALOGUE Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Vamp: [explaining Arsenal Gear's purified hydrogen bomb] PURIFIED HYDROGEN OOGA BOOGA BOOGA
Major Zero: [explaining the Cold War] RUSSIANS RUSSIANS RUSSIANS
Volgin: [explaining the Philosopher's Legacy] US CHINA SOVIET UNION SECRET PACT TONS OF MONEY MY DAD IT NOW IT'S MINE
- Parodied in the Persona 4 comics.
- Yosuke reminding Nanako about her mom's death just after her dad cancelled the trip she was waiting so much.
- Notice that in the game, Yosuke does it by accident, here he doesn't even apologize.Yosuke: Oh, it's okay, Nanako-chan, it's not like your mom's dead or anything!
Nanako: [shocked, crying face]
Yosuke: OK, who wants some sodas?
Yukiko: Ha ha
- Dojima, as mentioned above, is a raging psychopath.
- Kick the Dog: Manfred von Karma to Edgeworth.Von Karma: Hello Edgeworth. Your father has come back to life and he's waiting in the foyer.
Edgeworth: Sir, I'm 19. That's not going to work on me anymore.
Von Karma: HE DIED LIKE A DOG AND SO WILL YOU! [slams door, Edgeworth starts crying]
- Lampshade Hanging: There's a reason this comic is used to illustrate so many pages.Volgin: Let's see how you handle slightly modified versions of the same three attacks!
- Larynx Dissonance: In the Persona 4 Fan Vid with Yukiko, though only before she becomes important.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Snake and Gray Fox have their moments.Snake: OK I got a Mine Detector! HERE I GOOOOOO!!! [steps on a mine]
Gray Fox: I'm going to kill everyone in this hallway indiscriminately for no reason! [confronting Otacon] OK HERE I GOOOOO!!!
- Leitmotif: In the Broad Spectrum Studios fandub of Metal Gear Solid 2, every time Peter Stillman talks, Jungle Boogie plays.
- Logic Bomb: Fortune is too angsty for logic
- Lost Food Grievance: Yukiko's fried tofu.
- MadonnaWhore Complex: "EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IS A WHORE! NOW TAKE A CHASTITY BELT AND SIT DOWN!"
- Madness Mantra:
- Metaphorgotten: The Boss's DARKNESS IS LIGHT'S LIGHT OF DARKNESS AS A DARK FAREWELL TO DARK LIGHTNESS. Lampshaded when Snake says that nothing that she says makes sense.
- Mood Whiplash:
- "You became friends with Yosuke! Yosuke will now DIE FOR YOU."
- Right after Shadow Teddie's Existential Kids Korner... he says he's going to kill everyone in the room. The character's reactions are absolutely priceless.
- "Know who else is thinking about murders? This creepy, but otherwise harmless stalker! Case closed! You know, you kids really ought to STOP GETTING INVOLVED with this stuff. Welp, justice is served! Take care!"
- The scene after Raiden shoots Vamp:Fortune: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—
Raiden: I, uh... I'm gonna go now, I guess—
Raiden: You're kinda freaking me out—
Vamp: Dude, I'm not dead, chill out.
Fortune: Yaayyyy! Let's paint our nails and talk about boys <3
- Moment Killer: Even Snake can turn off.Eva: No, thanks. I don't eat snakes for dinner. [lecherous gaze] But I wouldn't mind eating YOU.
[Eva dives on Snake, kissing and slurping him to the sounds of the Snake Eater theme]
Snake: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Eva, I'm kinda not in the mood...
Eva: Come on, Snake! What isn't sexy about losing an eye!?!
- Morton's Fork: There's no way to get a positive response from Dojima when he asks how you take your coffee:Black: Don't try to sound tough you sissy.
With cream: Oh, coming right up, madam.
Cream and sugar: What are you, Nanako? note
Surprise me: [throws it at your face].
- Motor Mouth: Apollo Justice, when he's busy fanboying about Phoenix Wright.Apollo: You know what CARS remind me of?! Phoenix Wright! CauseIalwaysrememberthatonecasewhere...
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya:
- Every Cobra unit members introduces themselves with Snake as such.The Pain: I am The Pain. PAAAAAAIIIIINNNN!!!!
The Fear: I am The Fear. FEEEEEAAAAARRRRR!!!!
The End: I am The End. EEEENNNNNNNNDDD!!!!
- Averted for The Joy (AKA The Boss), while The Fury just goes with "I am The Fury!". It's a little subverted for The Sorrow.
- Every Cobra unit members introduces themselves with Snake as such.
- Mysterious Past: Mocked with Solid Snake and Raiden to lesser degree.Meryl: So Snake... what's your name?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: How old are you?
Snake: Shut up.
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Any family?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Anyone you—?
Snake: Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT UP
- Naked People Are Funny:
- In Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, Ocelot admits there was not reason behind torturing Raiden in the nude.Ocelot: Well, that's just something I threw in for fun.
- In Let's Destroy The FOX Unit, Gene stripped Big Boss just so he gets an awkward moment between him an Elisa.Li'l Snake: Hello everyone.
- In Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, Ocelot admits there was not reason behind torturing Raiden in the nude.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Shadow Teddie. Unsurprisingly, Hilarity Ensues.Shadow Teddie, Protagonist, Kanji, and Yosuke: [singing] Your futile exis-tence has no meeea-ning~
- Nightmare Fetishist: EVA and Ocelot both consider Snake losing his eye via a bullet to the face hot.Ocelot: I have a torture fetish!
- Nobody Here but Us Birds: Naturally occurs in "Let's Destroy the Shagohod", but Peachi makes it outright hilarious by having it succeed despite Snake not even trying. For example, saying "Caw." while a guard is looking right at him, or saying "I'm a tree" while holding a couple of branches, again while a guard looks right at him.
- Subverted when a guard saw him with his crocodile cap and confused him with a crocodile with a gun.
- No Ending: The Persona 4 comic stops at the fight against Shadow Teddie. The unfinished pages depict the ending of the fight, but then it stops after it shows Teddie's new, human body.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: The MC's response to being asked to join the sports club and band club.
- No Name Given: The Persona 4 Protagonist.
- No One Could Survive That!: It lampshades gameplay vs. cutscenes.Sniper Wolf: I am Sniper Wolf, and somehow I am unharmed after, like, 8 bullets to the face. Look at my boobs.
- Noodle People: "Can I touch your hannnnnnnnnnd?", asks the Gas Station Attendant as her arm makes contortions a tentacle would be proud of.
- Not Quite Dead: Anything to play events for laughs.Big Boss: [after blowing up a Metal Gear with Elisa inside] Elisa, I'm sorry.
Elisa: [flying out] I'M OKAAAAAAAAY~
- Obviously Evil:
- Let's just say that Adachi is more obvious in this adaptation.
- Not to mention, Kristoph Gavin.
- Once an Episode: The first three Metal Gear parodies open with the protagonist's Mission Control giving an incredibly simplified explanation of the mission (E.G., "The Marines have a Metal Gear, and I want pictures!"), followed by "Snake, get in there!", with Snake (or Raiden) responding with "OKAY!" Happens twice in the 2 and 3 episodes, due to the nature of those games having a prologue.
- Only Sane Man:
- The Protagonists of each game are forced to weather the insanity of the other characters. The Persona 4 Protagonist has it the worst so far. By MGS2, Snake states that he just stopped asking questions.
- In the Persona 4 comics, Adachi is this to the police force initially by virtue of being the only one who is actually interested in solving the murders. Yes, we mean that Adachi. Though he does start losing this status as the comics go on.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat:
- Saki's dialogue towards Yosuke varies between this and Sugary Malice.Saki: Hey, Hana-chan! Driving all the family-owned stores out of business by bringing your stupid friends here?
Yosuke: W... what?
Saki: Wait, what? I don't even know, I'm so tired!
- Adachi becomes a fan of this in the later comicsDojima: We need to find a new lead before the killer's trail goes stone cold.
Adachi: [darkly] Like your dead wife?
Dojima: Wait, what!?
Adachi: Huh, what?
- Saki's dialogue towards Yosuke varies between this and Sugary Malice.
- Pass the Popcorn: The Protagonist, Yosuke, and Teddie do this while watching Chie and her Shadow argue.
- Police Are Useless: Moreso since they are not even trying to be useful.Dojima: All this work is such a pain. It's like people expect the police to solve crimes or something. Nanako, get Daddy another beer.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Ocelot having trouble saying "Shalashaska"; his own code name.
- Porn Stash: Yosuke's impression of the Persona 4 Protagonist has taken a critical hit... since it's not even porn.
- The Power of Friendship:
- Yosuke will now die for you.
- Subverted in Persona 3:Narration: A mysterious mass of energy is gathering...
Narration: The powerful emotions of your friends and loved ones are flowing into your heart...!
Gourmet King: I thought about you when I farted.
- Precision F-Strike: Persona 4.Chie: TRIAL OF THE DRAGON! [WHAM]
Yosuke: [in crippling pain] Oh, motherfucker...
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Kanji after his Berserk Button is pushed.Kanji Tatsumi: I! LOVE! WOMEN!
- Pungeon Master: Aside Teddie, Python love to make puns related with ice.Python: Freeze Snake! Time to put your plans on ice. So freezed to meet you again, Snake! It's just like cold old times! Better chill out when you deal with this cool customer', or you might get freezer-burned. Because I'm no bark, all frostbite. You're on thin ice! So freeze the frame and— [Snake shoots him in the face] OW MY FACE MY FACE MY FACE
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: Because of the comics' format ("Okay, uh... This is really long! Get a snack!"), the joke density is quite high.
- Real Men Take It Black And Hate Sugar: A parody of the coffee scene in Persona 4 goes both ways:Black: Don't try to sound tough you sissy.
With cream: Oh, coming right up, madam.
Cream and sugar: What are you, Nanako? note
Surprise me: [throws it at your face].
- Refuge in Audacity: Don Paolo in Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. Not only is he wearing a Paper-Thin Disguise of Flora, when Layton chances to catch him half-dressed, what does he do?Paolo: [stares]
Paolo: Is this how you treat a LADY?!
- Rule of Symbolism: Thoroughly mocked.
- Running Gag:
- "And no one ate dinner that night."
- SOCIAL LINK GO!
- OF COURSE."
"Let's accomplish an objective!" -ring ring- [CALL] "
- Bonus points for always being in the same pose every single time. And this gag happens 50+ times throughout the series.
- Subverted at one point.Raiden: Time to rescue Emma... Whoa, really?
- Adachi wants to talk about MURDERS (Yaaaayyyy!)
- "Did someone say [insert something here]!?"
- "No fighting!"
- [enthusiastic mention of Junes]YAAAAAAAAY!
- HERE I GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
- Dude, chill out.
- Wiggle, wiggle! Limited to the Metal Gear parodies, but not limited to just Meryl on her butt, but also on Raiden's butt (or hanging) and EVA's boobs.
- Samus Is a Girl:
- Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people don't realise that "Hiimdaisy" is a contraction of "Hi I'm Daisy" and think she's a dude.
- Or assume the LJ name is a reference to the Mario Kart meme and has nothing to do with her real gender.
- Sanity Slippage: Solid Snake goes from the Only Sane Man to more unhinged in MGS2. In his own words, he's just stopped asking questions.
- Scare Chord: The Persona video regularly uses the Invader Zim Scare Chord regularly for comedic effect.
- Screaming at Squick: StrawberryCreme26's dub give to Yosuke the most angsty scream ever after watching Shadow Kanji on the TV.
- "Shaggy Frog" Story: Let's destroy Metal Gear again as a whole. Poor Raiden is the one most screwed up.Raiden: Otacon, the Colonel's transmissions aren't making any sense anymore! Who am I kidding!? They never make any sense! This is the worst mission EVER!!
- Shoehorned First Letter: Chie misses the point.Shadow Teddie: The word of the day is: FUTILE! As in: "Your futile existence has no meaning." Chie, do you know any other words that start with F?
Shadow Teddie: Excellent.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Parodied in "Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again" when Vamp kills Emma.Snake: Kid! Emma's being stabbed! She's gonna die!
Raiden: Why am I even trying anymore?
- Shout-Out: In the Metal Gear Solid 3 hyperdub, The Pain's voice is an imitation of Beast Wars Waspinator: a fitting choice.
- In the Portable Ops hyperdub, Cunningham's death is a parody of the final showdown of Predator, due to Cunningham resorting to a Taking You with Me Suicide Attack while laughing maniacally as he triggers the bomb. The hyperdub even edits in footage from the movie to make the shout-out that much clearer.
- Surprise Incest: Lamiroir asks Phoenix Wright if Trucy and Apollo know that she is their biological mother. Phoenix assures her that he'll tell them when the time is right. Cue them falling in love and getting married.Phoenix: [during their wedding day] Surprise! YOU'RE SIBLINGS! Pfthahahaha. Man, I got you guys good!
- Survival Mantra: Snake's "I'm a tree, I'm a tree, I'm a tree..." while hiding from The End.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
- Take a Third Option: The Protagonist doesn't like his choices of partners.Yosuke: By the way... Chie or Yukiko? Which one's your type?
Chie: STEAK STEAK STEAK KUNG FU STEAK!
Yukiko: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
>Can I wait until I have more girls to choose from?
- The Thing That Would Not Leave:
- "S-so there's this guy in a scarf at the door and I don't think he's going to go away."
- The beginning of the TV stuffs are also this, some at least...Shadow Yukiko: Guess who's wearing her kitty panties~!
Shadow Kanji: I'm Kanji Tatsumi, and I enjoy naked men! Ooh yaah~!
Shadow Rise: Gonna get naked!
- This Is Gonna Suck: Snake is savvy enough to see that things will get pretty annoying.Snake: Time to find that Metal—
Snake: Oh boy.
- Tempting Fate
- Volgin doesn't have a sense of irony.Volgin: Who's afraid of a little thunder? It's not like I'm standing on top of a giant metal robot with electricity coursing to my body or somethi--
- Also this:Soldier: Oh boy, I hope I don't get shot in the face.
Ocelot: Shot in the face, you say. [does so]
Soldier: OW! Why would you even do that?
- From Persona 4:
- Volgin doesn't have a sense of irony.
- Too Dumb to Live: If you're not a main character, chances are better than 90% this is your fate. The good news is, you won't even notice!
- To The Bat Noun: Volgin gets his kicks one way or another.Volgin: Quick, Tatyana. To the Volgin Cave!
- Trademark Favorite Food: Seems like it between Chie and—Chie: STEAAAAAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAAAAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAAAAAAKSTEAKSTEAK!!!
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Liquid's Catchphrase, especially in the dub.Liquid: BRRRRRROTHERRR!
- The Problem with Pen Island: Not in the comics themselves, but there are people who will write and/or pronounce the artist's LJ name as "him daisy" rather than "hi, I'm Daisy".
- The Unfavorite: Big Boss is rather abusive to Liquid.Liquid: FAAAAATHERRRRR! I learned seven languages today!
Big Boss: Get Out!!
- [Trope Name]: Volgin's "Kuwabara, kuwabara" from MGS3 is replaced with "Obscure Japanese Mythology Reference."
- Verbal Tic:
- Liquid's is significant:Liquid: BRRRRROOOTHER!
- Sigint in the Broad Spectrum Studios dub tends to end his words with "DAYUM!"
- Liquid's is significant:
- Wangst: In-universe examples:
- Jack is bad at therapy.Rose: Let's talk about your painful past as a child solder, Jack.
Raiden: NO ROSE I ANGST ALONE.
- "SNAAAKE! I'M GOING TO KEEP WHINING AT YOU UNTIL YOU LIKE IT!"
- "You got all the dominant genes and I got all the lame recesive genes and WAAAAAAAAAAAA—"
- "ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST!"
- "Oh sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over MY TRAGIC PAST!!"
- Jack is bad at therapy.
- Why Won't You Die?: Snake gets frustrated over thisSnake: Liquid!? Why don't you ever die!?