Chucky: Time is money!
Tilly: Money is money!
Jennifer Tilly (born Jennifer Ellen Chan, September 16, 1958) is a Canadian actress best known for such movies as Bound (1996), Bride of Chucky, and Liar Liar, as well as being the voice of Bonnie (Joe Swanson's wife who was pregnant until season seven — and yes, that includes the years that the show was canceled) on Family Guy, and being really good at poker.
Her sister Meg Tilly is also an actress.
Jennifer Tilly on TV Tropes:
- Moving Violations (1985)
- Let It Ride (1989)
- Key West (TV series)(1993)
- Made in America (1993)
- Bullets Over Broadway (1994)
- Bound (1996)
- House Arrest (1996)
- Liar Liar (1997)
- The Wrong Guy (1997)
- Bride of Chucky (1998)
- Stuart Little (1999)(voice)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) (voice)
- The Cat's Meow (2001)
- Hey Arnold! (2003) (voice)
- The Haunted Mansion (2003)
- Home on the Range (2004)(voice)
- Seed of Chucky (2004)
- Tideland (2006)
- Poker After Dark (TV series, As Herself)(2007)
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (2013) (voice)
- Curse of Chucky (2013)
- Cult of Chucky (2017)
This actress contains examples of:
- Guttural Growler: That gravelly/ditzy combo is cinematic gold. Similar to Cathy Moriarty (from another generation), she's another fine example of Vocal Dissonance.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!!: Shes one of the masters of using this to her advantage in both her movies and when she plays poker.
- Ms. Fanservice: Most, if not all, of her roles are this. The best known are the the lesbian Femme Fatale Violet in Bound (1996) and Tiffany, the lover of the killer doll Chucky in Bride of Chucky'' (when she's human anyway). Her deep raspy voice probably helps too.
- Motor Mouth: She says on the Bride of Chucky DVD Commentary that she's very talkative, causing Don Mancini and Brad Dourif to laugh.
- Nom de Mom: Although she was born Jennifer Chan, she professionally uses her mother's maiden name, Tilly.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Her reputation does her more favors than her cleavage ever could. There were a couple of videos that were fairly popular in the Poker community where she's playing incredibly foolishly, but then she got better and was able to take advantage of people misjudging her.
- Older Than They Look: She looks pretty incredible for a 60 year old.
- You Look Familiar: She played the same character type — The Ditz with a heart of gold who briefly dates Frasier — twice, in Cheers and Frasier.