Bradford Claude "Brad" Dourif (/ˈdɔrɨf/; born March 18, 1950 in Huntington, West Virginia) is a BAFTA-winning, Academy Award-nominated American actor and comedian who gained early fame for his portrayal of Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and has since appeared in a number of memorable roles. He is best known for portraying Charles Lee Ray / Chucky (both live-action and voiceover) in the Child's Play franchise, Deputy Clinton Pell in Mississippi Burning, Younger Brother in Ragtime, Piter De Vries in David Lynch's Dune, Gríma Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and Doc Cochran in Deadwood.
Dourif is an institution of horror, sci-fi and fantasy genre, to the point where he has even been cast as a Red Herring for the real villain on shows due to his status as a legend of genre.
- 1975 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as Billy Bibbit
- 1979 Wise Blood as Hazel Motes
- 1980 Heaven's Gate as Mr. Eggleston
- 1984 Dune as Piter De Vries
- 1986 Blue Velvet as Raymond
- Child's Play as Charles Lee Ray/Chucky
- 1988 Mississippi Burning as Deputy Clinton Pell
- 1990 The Exorcist III as James Venamun
- 1990 Graveyard Shift as Tucker Cleveland
- 1990 Grim Prairie Tales as Farley Deeds
- 1990 Spontaneous Combustion as David/Sam Bell
- 1991 Jungle Fever as Leslie
- 1992 Critters 4 as Al Bert
- 1994 Color of Night as Clark
- 1994 Death Machine as Dante
- 1997 Alien: Resurrection as Dr. Gediman
- 1998 Urban Legend as Michael McDonnell, gas station attendant
- 2000 The Prophecy 3: The Ascent as zealot
- The Lord of the Rings as Gríma Wormtongue
- 2003 Vlad as Radescu
- 2004 The Hazing as Professor Kapps
- 2007 The Wizard of Gore as Dr. Chong
- 2007 Halloween as Sheriff Lee Brackett
- 2009 The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans as Ned Schoenholtz
- 2011 Priest as Salesman
- 1994 The X-Files as Luther Lee Boggs
- 1995 Babylon 5 as Brother Edward
- 1996 Star Trek: Voyager as Lon Suder
- 1997 Millennium as Dennis Hoffman
- 2004 Deadwood as Dr. Amos 'Doc' Cochran
- 2011 Once Upon a Time as Old Beggar / Zoso the Dark One
- 2011 Fringe as Moreau
- 2011 Psych as Bernie Bethel
- 2014 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Thomas Nash
Video Game Role
- Method Acting: In The Lord of the Rings, he kept using his character's British accent even when the cameras weren't rolling, to the point where some of the cast thought he was British. When he dropped the British accent after filming his final scene, it was so jarring that castmate Bernard Hill thought he was making a joke and mocking American accents.
- Production Posse: He's worked very often with Werner Herzog and has worked ocassionally with David Lynch.
- Real-Life Relative: His daughter Fiona Dourif stars in Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Fluent in many languages, and a gifted actor. Hails from West Virginia.
- Star-Making Role: He may have gotten acclaim for his turn as Billy Bibbit, but he was thrust into the public consciousness as Chucky. His later role as Gríma Wormtongue solidified his stardom.