Character sheet for Fatal Twelve.
Divine Selection Participants
A quiet and aloof girl who runs a small café named Lion House in Shinjuku in place of her grandmother, who returned to the countryside temporarily to take care of a relative. The blonde streaks in her hair are natural, but have caused her peers to label her as a delinquent. To that effect, she rarely speaks to anyone there other than her friends Miharu, Mao and Naomi. This fact doesnt particularly bother her however, especially as shes not one for keeping up with trends and adjusting her attitude to those around her. Ironically shes also seen as cool and aloof thanks to that, when in reality she cares for her friends deeply.
She has no particular hobbies to speak of, though she does enjoy shopping and reading shoujo manga. Black coffee is a favorite of hers, though she dislikes anything either too bitter or too sweet.
One day while returning home with Naomi, she dies while shielding Naomi from an explosion, becoming a participant in Divine Selection in the process. Her memory is somewhat fuzzy however, possibly due the shock of being caught up in the explosion, leading her to participate while not knowing both her cause of death and her regret.
- A-Cup Angst: Does not appreciate being reminded of that all of her friends, underclassman included, are bigger than her in that department.
- Action Survivor: Though reluctant at first, she is determined to eliminate the other participants aside from Miharu to ensure that they both live.
- Ambiguously Gay: Shows no interest in love for the majority of the story but she has a lot of Ship Tease with Miharu, occasionally commenting on how pretty or cute she is when they are alone together. She also blushed profusely and felt visibly flustered when Miharu sincerely confesses her feelings for her before the 8th Week's election. Ambiguity is dropped when the True Ending has her reciprocating Miharu's feelings for her during the night of the fireworks
- Amnesiac Hero: Prior to the events of Divine Selection, she experiences some degree of memory loss after "recovering" from her death
- Animal Motifs: Lions. Her surname, Shishimai, can be as "Lion Dance", she lives and works in a cafe called Lion House, and she's a Leo.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: The characters of Rinka Shishimai can be read as "Cold Fire Lion Dance".
- Book Dumb: Her test scores at school are average at best and she finds it difficult to study for long periods of time (As shown in her study session with Naomi).
- Break the Cutie: She breaks down in tears during Naomi's funeral and confines herself to her room, avoiding all social contact for a week.
- But Not Too Foreign: Primarily Japanese but has a tiny bit of British ancestry on her Grandmother's side.
- Childhood Friends: She first met Miharu in Shinjuku Park when they were children before Miharu's family had to move due to a car accident ruining their reputation. Unfortunately, Rinka's amnesia had caused her to forget this encounter.
- Color Motif: Her favourite colour is red, as well as her jacket, ribbon and eyes.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: Trying to ignore a collapsed Sonya will result in Rinka helping her up anyway
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one to Sonya and Yu.
- Deadpan Snarker: On occasion.
- Despair Event Horizon:
- Falls into this after Yu infiltrates her school and blows up a classroom, killing Naomi in the process.
- After this she avoids all social contact with her friends and stays in bed for several days, only getting up to eat.
- Face of a Thug: The natural blonde streaks in her hair have caused her classmates to see her as a delinquent and ignore her as a result. Sofiya even stated that Rinka looked scary despite her kind personality.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has golden streaks in her hair and is one of the nicest characters in the story.
Rinka: "I know I'm a big softie. It's in my blood, after all..."
- Sofiya thanks her for buying her an expensive full course dinner when she was lying on the street and starving.
- Even acknowledges this after rejecting Scale's offer for a truce:
- Foil: Has one in the form of Yu. Both suffer from amnesia upon being revived in the Divine Selection, both of them were raised primarily by people who were not their parents, both are represented by Fire elemental Zodiac signs, both of them died in the same terrorist attack at the start of the game, and they have the same regret. The difference is that Rinka regrets having her daily routine/normal life taken away from her by her early death, while Yu regrets never having a normal life of his own due to his child soldier background.
- If It's You, It's Okay: If Rinka accepts Miharu's confession before the 11th Election, she states that she although she loves her too, she is unsure whether or not she is IN love with her. Thus, Rinka pursues this relationship to discover this herself.
- Innocently Insensitive: Due to her obliviousness to Miharu's blatently obvious crush on her, she's occasionally this towards Miharu. Such as in their visit to Stardust Kingdom in the first week.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Just ask Lethe.
- Leitmotif: "Rinka" is hers.
- Luminescent Blush: Becomes incredibly flustered when Miharu confesses her feelings to her before the 8th Election. Also happens quite frequently when Miharu teases her on their dates together.
- Nice Girl:
Rinka: "I know I'm a big softie. It's in my blood, after all..."
- Sofiya thanks her for buying her an expensive full course dinner when she was lying on the street and starving.
- Even acknowledges this after rejecting Scale's offer for a truce:
- Oblivious to Love: She is unaware that Miharu has feelings for her and only realises this when Miharu sincerely confesses to her in Shiba Park before the 8th Week's election. Miharu even mentions this once.Miharu: "Urgh...You're as dense as a black hole..."
- Official Couple: With Miharu in the True Ending or if you accept her confession before the 11th Election
- Reality Warper: Any ending where she triumphs over Parca has her become this. Albeit one who only has the power to perform one miracle.
- SempaiKohai: The Sempai to Naomi's Kohai.
- Taking the Bullet: Very early on, she protects Naomi with her body when Yu blows up their train with explosives.
- The Protagonist: Zigzagged as we see the story from several other characters' points of view throughout the game such as Miharu and Federico.
- Technicolor Eyes: Sticking with her associated color, she has red eyes.
- Token Good Teammate: At least, in the context of the alliance of her, Odette, and Alan.
- Western Zodiac: She represents Leo.
Miharu Mishima/Miharu Hebinata
A student at Amecha Girls University High School, and one of Rinkas classmates. While beautiful with the brains to match, others consider her difficult to approach, which results in her being avoided much like Rinka. As one would imagine, studying is her speciality, to the point where she can go for long hours without any breaks once she gets into it. Her eating habits would indicate that she isnt fussy in the slightest, but in reality she simply doesnt care much for taste in the first place. She works part-time at a certain restaurant, but apparently shes yet to ask Rinka and Mao to come along at some point.
While typically level-headed, she sometimes speaks her mind without hesitation, leading to some harsh takes now and then. Her circumstances while growing up seem to be somewhat complicated, but not even Rinka knows much about it.
Her feelings for Rinka surpass the boundaries of simple friendship, but Rinka herself seems to be completely clueless about this.
- The Ace: The smartest girl at her school with the looks to match too. She understands the rules of Divine Selection very well and reluctantly cooperates with other participants to eliminate others and protect Rinka. Subverted later on in the story where it is revealed that she intentionally puts on a strong face to hide her fear over the other participants of Divine Selection as well as her weak resolve. Odette knew this side of her from when they were first introduced
- Alliterative Name: Miharu Mishima Averted during the 4th Election when her name card is revealed to be Miharu Hebinata
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. Due to her association with Ophiuchus/Serpentarius. Also because the surname she recognizes as her own, Hebinata, contains the word for snake.
- Badass Gay:
Miharu: I love Rinka. Not as a friend. But as a woman.
- Very much in love with Rinka and is determined to eliminate the other participants to ensure Rinka's survival.
- It is revealed later on that her regret was Rinka herself
- Broken Ace: Despite her good looks and kind personality, she feels genuinely weak inside and has family issues. This eventually led to her committing suicide and becoming part of Divine Selection
- Bokukko: Uses the first-person pronoun "boku" which is common for young Japanese boys.
- Color Motif: Blue. Even her bow/tie thing on her school uniform is blue. Even when everyone else seems to have red.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Feels notably jealous whenever Rinka spends time with Naomi.
- Driven to Suicide: Her cause of death is suicide. She slit her wrists after realising that her jealousy of Naomi's closeness with Rinka is a similar trait carried by her mother whom she loathesMiharu: The realization that I had been denying my lineage through my hatred made me want to die.
- Deadpan Snarker: She's got quite the sharp tongue on her. Although it only really is noticeable when she's annoyed.
- Embarrassed by a Child: Not directly, but when Sonya orders the special pancake at the Fairy Dream maid cafe, Miharu is forced to recite a spell and dance in front of her.
- Everyone Can See It: Mao and Naomi are aware of the fact that Miharu has feelings for Rinka. Participants such as Odette, Scale and even Federico were able to deduce this too. Ironically, Rinka is the only one who does not pick up on it.
- Foreshadowing: If Rinka accepts Miharu's confession before the 11th Election, Miharu will state:Miharu: I'm so happy I could die
- Unfortunately, accepting her confession will leave Miharu with no regrets and she will ultimately sacrifice herself in the upcoming election to let Rinka win Divine Selection and live
- Green-Eyed Monster: Has a strong jealous streak when Rinka's involved.
- High Class Gloves: Always seen wearing long white gloves whenever she wears short sleeved tops. Revealed later on that she wears them to hide her scars from previous self-harming attempts in her past
- Humble Pie: Felt visibly embarrassed when she had to perform a magic spell on Sonya's pancake while twirling in a maid outfit.Miharu: I need to do this...in front of Rinka?? Sorry...but I'm going to curse you for the rest of my life now.
- Irony: If you pursue the True Ending, Miharu will taunt Parca by saying that:Miharu: Not even you could fish up a world where I say yes to that (Electing Rinka)
- Ironically, Bad Ending 2 has Miharu elect Rinka after being manipulated by Scale
- Leitmotif: "Miharu" serves as hers.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She is romantically interested in Rinka and is considered to be very attractive by both Federico and Rinka.
- Love Confession: She tells Rinka that she loves her several times in the story, but Rinka assumes that Miharu means it in a friendly way. Later on, Miharu sincerely confesses to her in Shiba Park before the 8th Week's election which Rinka eventually reciprocates during the fireworks display in the True EndMiharu: I love how kind you are and how much of a busybody you can be. I love how intense you can be, as well as how reckless. I love absolutely everything about you, Rinka.
- Kill the Ones You Love: If Rinka does not pick up the phonecall from Miharu which leads to her confession, Scale will manipulate Miharu at her lowest moment and trick her into eliminating Rinka under the pretense of "making Rinka her's forever"Scale: Eliminate her. Take control of her fate. That's the same as making her yours.
- One Head Taller: Than Rinka.
- Real Name as an Alias: Subverted. While "Miharu Mishima" is her real name, her internal loathing for her mother after her parents' divorce has prevented her from accepting Mishima as her new last name. Therefore, she still acknowledges "Hebinata" as her real name instead, taken from her father and is thus shown on her Name Card
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Has a part time job working in a maid cafe, and maintains a rather low opinion of the place and the clientele.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Does not show romantic interest to any character other than Rinka.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: A highschooler at Amecha's and is in love with Rinka.
- Western Zodiac: Not one of the traditional twelve signs, but the thirteenth sign that's popular over in Japan, Ophiuchus/Serpentarius.
The Italian Stallion.
Seemingly a member of the mafia until he stirred up a certain incident, resulting in his death and participation in Divine Selection. Develops something of a friendly rivalry with Odette, another participant, and they agree to help each other until theyre the final two left.
Incredibly proud of his homeland, and convinced that no other country boasts food better than Italy. This leads to plenty of disputes with Odette. His main priorities when it comes to women are their appearance and chest size.
While rather happy go lucky most of the time, hes known to display his mafioso side when the circumstances call for it.
- Bi the Way: When Odette comes out as bisexual to Miharu, she mentions that Federico is similar to her in that regard
- Casanova Wannabe:
- Openly flirts with Miharu whenever they are together. His attempts are unsuccessful though as her interests lie elsewhere.
- Later on, we find out that Federico had experienced several failures in his life in both school and work which ultimately led to him developing a new regret: Success
- Dark Horse Victory Manages to win Divine Selection, overcoming top contenders such as Alan, Scale, and Miharu, in Bad End 2.
- Face Death with Dignity: After being able to successfully collect all of Alan's cards before the 10th Election, he happily accepts his election by Miharu as he feels that he was still successful in besting the man who had always looked down on him.
- Leitmotif: "Villain" often plays whenever he appears or is being discussed.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Never seen without his trademark suit. Rinka comments that he looks like a male model.
- Shipper on Deck:
- Realises that Miharu is in love with Rinka during the 10th Election and was willing to offer her advice had he realised sooner.
- Prays that Rinka and Miharu find happiness mere moments before Miharu finishes electing him in the 10th Election
- Ship Tease: With Odette
- Smarter Than You Look:
- Though his face makes him look like a typical thug, he was able to gather important information on Ro Chanho (despite the fact that Odette figured everything out first).
- Went to India for a week before the 10th Election and was able to deduce Alan's Cause of Death and Regret with indirect help from both Miharu and Rinka.
- Strong Girl, Smart Guy: Though Odette is clearly stronger and smarter than he is, he is still more than capable of gathering intel on people by himself.
- Survivor Guilt: Experiences this during the 8th Election where he elects Odette. Not only does he realise that Odette had originally given her life to try and protect him, she already had all 3 of his cards and could have elected him but opted not to
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Nearly two meters tall, looks like a model, and can snark with the best of them.
- Western Zodiac: Capricorn. It's the basis for his code name when working with Odette.
A mysterious child who crossed paths with Rinka and Naomi as they were making their way home. Gender unknown; Rinka thinks female, while Naomi thinks male.
While later revealed to be a participant in Divine Selection, further details are unknown.
- Ambiguous Gender: Looks very androgynous and was confused for a female by Rinka.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: When Rinka refuses to elect him, his memories about him being a terrorist return and conflict with his happy memories with Shigetsugu over the past 5 weeks
- Badass Adorable: Is incredibly skilled with modern weaponry and adept at hand-to-hand combat, but acts very cute and humble around Shigetsugu and Rinka until he regains his memories after the 5th Election.
- Child Soldier: Has been a member of the terrorist group "NULL" since he was young and is still in his early teens.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Has dark skin and long white hair
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Due to his androgynous looks and extremely long hair
- Happily Adopted: He was once homeless but was taken in by Shigetsugu during Divine Selection and is determined to keep him alive due to the kindness he had shown him.
- Suicide Attack: His cause of death was burning to death in a suicide bombing attack on a train that Rinka was on, shown very early on in the story.
- Super-Strong Child: He managed to defeat Federico in hand-hand combat after he tried to break into Shigetsugu's home. He was also able to stand his ground against Odette on 2 separate occasions too.
- Western Zodiac: Sagittarius. It was his code name during his terrorist/child soldier days.
- Wham Shot: When Rinka refuses to elect him, and Shigetsugu gets elected by Alan, his memories return which leads to his Regret card shattering from all participants who had currently held them.
Seemingly the oldest participant in Divine Selection.
His attitude in the dream world makes him difficult to read, though this could be a façade in order to keep his emotions hidden.
- Cool Old Guy
- *Crack!* "Oh, My Back!": His back pain leads to him collapsing at home and dying from starvation.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Collapses at home due to his back pain and starves to death as a result of not being able to get up and having neither friends or family to check up on him.
- Dirty Old Man: Averted. While neighbours believe he frequents illicit establishments and that Yu is his daughter, he is actually a harmless old man and only wants to protect Yu who sees him as a grandfatherly figure.
- Lethal Chef: Not food per se but Rinka finds his tea disgusting.
- Parental Substitute: He is this to Yu
- The Gambling Addict: Regularly goes to the Pachinko parlor by the station to gamble.
- The Shut-In: Neighbours assume that he starved to death as he is rarely seen leaving home.
- Trash of the Titans: His house is in an unkempt state as a result of him not being motivated to put things back to their respective places, leading to an accumulation of mess scattered around the house.
- Western Zodiac: Taurus. One of the readings for his surname contains the word for cow.
A young and cheerful lady.
Both her and her husband died in an accident while on their honeymoon, but Divine Selection made it so that both of them returned home safe and sound. To this effect, her elimination would result in her husbands death as well, leading her to desperate measures.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Managed to track down Alan and lure him into an undisclosed location in order to gather information on him before the game has even begun. However, she accidentally reveals all her cards instead and she ends up being the first to be eliminated as a result.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Was the first participant to be eliminated in Divine Selection. Averted when Alan has a flashback to before the 1st Election and showed us more of her backstory
- Western Zodiac: Cancer.
A well-built middle aged man from China. Apparently works for one of the countrys most influential companies.
A woman of many misfortunes, her weak constitution seemingly led to her being hospitalized for a long period of time.
While a participant in Divine Selection, Alan acquires her name card immediately after the ritual began.
- Bad Liar: Tries to form a temporary truce with Rinka by stating that she has 2 cards on her as well and can easily spread her information to other participants. However, her outburst at Rinka when they first met at Lion House showed that she only knew her name, causing Rinka to reject her proposal.
- Death by Childbirth: Slightly averted because although it was childbirth that led to her death, brain hemorrhage was the main cause of her death and is shown on her Cause of Death card
- Ill Girl: Has been in the hospital for a long period of time and is never seen without her hospital attire.
- Last Request:
- After relinquishing her cards to Alan in exchange for the life of her baby, she asks Rinka to transcribe a letter to her husband . She does this in hopes that after her death, he will read this and act upon her wishes to name their son "Haruki."
- Miraculously, her child is named Haruki without any need for the letter
- Western Zodiac: Aquarius.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Willingly tells Alan the contents of her cards to spare the life of her son after he holds him captive.Keiko: What kind of mother would willingly expose her child to such danger?!
A man with an upbeat mentality.
He calmly observed the situation during the beginning of Divine Selection and little he gets involved in gathering information on Divine Selection. He scrutinizes every action as good or evil and has stated that if the last one standing in Divine Selection is someone of justice, hed gladly give up the right to be that person.
Hes been seen drinking at the bar with Federico and Odette but what exactly is his relationship with those two ?
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: His regret is that he never lived to photograph an athlete friend of his win a gold medal in the Olympics, due to said friend dying years before.
- He even tries to form an alliance with Rinka by providing a fake story about his past so that he can convince her that he is trustworthy so that he can betray both her and Miharu in the upcoming election
- For Great Justice: His reason for wanting to eliminate Alan and Yu is because he considers them to be evil for willingly putting non-participants in harm's way during Divine Selection. Subverted when it is revealed that he was intending to eliminate everyone so that he could survive.
- Paparazzi: His job before his death and pursued this career to act as a social justice warrior to unveil the truth to the world. Averted when it is shown that he really pursued this career for money and a sedentary lifestyle
- Punny Name: He's a Libra named Scale and is portrayed as being on the side of justice.
- The Chessmaster: Feigns an alliance with Miharu, Federico and Odette under the pretense of gathering information to elect Yu and Alan when in reality, he intends to gather information on Miharu and get Federico to elect Odette.
- Villainous Breakdown: Everything from Rinka rejecting his offer for a truce onwards is this.
- Wacky Americans Have Wacky Names: He's American and has an unusual first name yet quite a common surname.
- Western Zodiac: Libra. He even says so himself. And his alleged obsession with justice certainly plays into that theme, along with being named Scale.
Sofiya "Sonya" Preissnitz Alexeievna
A girl from Russia who boldly confronts Rinka in the real world despite being a participant in Divine Selection. What could she be planning ?
- Big Eater: Was able to eat several large meals at a restaurant and still had room for dessert!
- Break the Cutie: At the end of her day trip with Miharu and Rinka, they arrive at Zojoji Temple where she breaks down in tears over the fact that she is about to die without being able to fulfil her regret
- Companion Cube: Her Teddy Bear Passazhir whom she brings everywhere with her.
- Death Seeker: Is not interested in participating in Divine Selection as she knows that she will die from her illness even if she gets brought back to life.
- Defiant Captive: Tells Odette and Federico the contents of her cards after she and her family were being held captive by them. However, she didn't show any fear in this situation, causing Odette to take pity on her and allow her to enjoy her last few moments in Japan before the upcoming election
- Go Out with a Smile: When Miharu elects her in the 4th Election, she is last seen smiling...and crying
- Nice Girl: Has no ulterior motive in mind. She only wants to spend her last few days touring Japan before she is eventually eliminated in the upcoming election.
- Otaku: She is very interested in Japanese Culture and even learned the language so that she would be able to visit Japan one day. She even knew more about Anime than Rinka.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Uses these on both Rinka and Miharu whenever they try to deny her food. It never fails to succeed.
- Too Hungry to Be Polite: Averted. Though she managed to devour several dishes in succession, Rinka was notes that her table manners were surprisingly good.Rinka: Hard to believe that someone who just collapsed from hunger could be such a dainty eater.
- Western Zodiac: Gemini.
A French woman blessed with an incredible physique.
Apparently the representative for a shipping company affiliated with the underworld who were known for taking on illegal work. This led to her clashing with pirates and military forces often, much to her delight as a fighting nut. Formed a friendly rivalry with Federico not long after Divine Selection began, agreeing to help one another become the last two participants.
Has a very larger than life attitude, but boasts an impeccable perception and capacity for reasoning. To this effect, she rarely lets Federico handle important tasks, opting to work on her own.
- Abusive Parents: Was sexually abused/raped by her father when she was younger. The resulting damage left her unable to carry a child of her own.
- Amazonian Beauty: She is very muscular and one of the strongest characters in the story. She is also quite pretty as well.
- Bare Your Midriff: Always wears minimal amounts of clothing, exposing her midriff and thighs, possibly to help augment her fighting ability.
- Bi the Way:
- Confesses her feelings to Miharu during an art exhibit, stating that Miharu's uncanny ability to scrutinize other people's flaws was what led to her attraction.
- Mentions afterwards that she "swings both ways" after Miharu politely rejects her confession.
- Additionally, her regret was not being able to give birth to a child.
- Boobs of Steel: She's the strongest female in the story and is well-endowed too.
- Color Motif: Navy blue, as shown from her eye colour and the bright beads in her hair
- Combat Medic:
- She mentions that she needed to know basic first aid to help treat her shipmates whenever they get hurt on long voyages.
- She also managed to hold her ground against Yu and treated Federico's injury caused by him.
- Drives Like Crazy: Before the 7th Election, she says that she is more used to boats than cars and is not entirely sure what side of the road Japan drives on.
- Everyone Has Standards: Refuses to get her shipping company involved in the drug trade.
- Genius Bruiser: One of the smartest characters in the story and was able to defeat several characters in hand-to-hand combat.
- She managed to deduce Ro Chanho's Cause of Death and Regret with very little information given to her.
- Knew that Federico's target for the 8th Election was her and that Scale's next target was Miharu.
- Also managed to uncover Federico's regret by tricking him in a conversation.
- Leitmotif: Has one called "Odette" which often plays during her fight scenes.
- Pirate Girl: Essentially what she is.
- Scary Teeth: Her teeth are extremely pointed and shark-like. Fits with her character as a rough woman of the seas.
- Rape as Backstory: See her Abusive Parents entry.
- Self-Made Orphan: Attempted against her abusive father in her backstory. It did not stick.
- Western Zodiac: Virgo. It's the source of her code name when communicating with Frederico along with tying into her regret about never being able to give birth to a child.
An Indian man of little words.
His personality makes his actions hard to predict, though its apparent that he has every intention of eliminating every other Divine Selection participant without mercy. What motivates him is unknown, but theres certainly more to him than meets the eye.
- The Ace: The CEO of a successful jewellery company and is highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat. Even managing to barely win in a fight against Odette.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: His last name is Scorpion. Enough said. Justified since chose the name himself.
- 0% Approval Rating: Has several enemies outside and within his company due to his ruthless business decisions. Eventually leads to them killing him by putting poison in his coffee
- Affably Evil:
- He threatened to kill several babies in a hospital ward, including Keiko's if she did not tell him her Cause of Death and Regret.
- Big Brother Instinct: To his siblings, but especially his sister Amrita. And to a lesser extent, eventually Rinka as well due to their similarities.
- Genius Bruiser: Brought up his relatively small company to a powerful jewellery empire by out-maneuvering several competitors with his genius business tactics. Clearly shown to be very capable in combat too, holding his own against both Odette and Yu on two separate occasions and Federico too.
- However, he cares for his little sister Amrita very much and was willing to protect Rinka in the latter half of the story just because of Rinka's similarity to her.
- Irony: Rich and successful CEO at age of 19? Check. One of the most dangerous participants from a combat standpoint? Check. Super smart? Check. Despite having all these advantages going for him, his position as Number XII means in the case of a tie with another participant at the end of Divine Selection, he is always going to be the one to go as he is the hardest for Fate to save. Also, his last name is Scorpion, and was killed by poison.
- Leitmotif: His, appropriately enough, is "Alan".
- Not So Stoic: Manages to crack a smile in the latter half of the game around Rinka as her personality greatly resembles his sister's.
- The Teetotaler: Never had much interest for alcohol, despite no longer practicing a religion that bans it. Also, he's under Japan's legal drinking age.
- Villainous Rescue: Alan follows and knocks out Scale after finding out that he was going to kidnap and kill Rinka's grandmother if Rinka did not tell him the contents of her cards. He safely delivers Rinka's grandmother to a hospital, allowing Rinka to safely elect Scale during the 9th Election.
- Western Zodiac: Scorpio. His last name is Scorpion, after all.
- Younger Than They Look: Can you believe he is 19 and looks like that?
Students at Amecha Girls' University High School
Rinkas classmate and the mood maker of the group.
Seemingly has little interest in her classmates other than Rinka and Miharu, though unlike them she does have other friends. She loves shopping like no other, to the point that her first priority at amusement parks is to hit up the gift stores.
Rinka makes it a point not to tell her about Divine Selection, though she has noticed that something isnt quite right.
- Hyper-Awareness: Although she doesn't know that Rinka and Miharu have both died and are part of Divine Selection, she is aware that something is going on in their lives but chooses not to pry.
- Shipper on Deck: For Miharu/Rinka. Even encourages Miharu to confess her feelings to Rinka by giving them time and space for her to do so.
- Smarter Than You Look: Despite spending hours of her time shopping, watching dramas and reading shojo manga, her backstory shows that before attending Amecha she was once a very intelligent student. However, she entered her "rebellious stage" during high school and decided to do what she wanted to do rather than earn high grades to appease her parents.
- The Nicknamer: Has a nickname for all of her friends.
- Rinka is Rii-tan
- Miharu is Miharun
- Naomi is Naorin
- Third Wheel: Believes that she will become this if Rinka and Miharu ever get together
Rinkas underclassman at Amecha Girls University High School.
Shy and introverted most of the time, though she has no issues talking to those she gets along with. Came to know Rinka through certain circumstances, and eventually became friends with Mao and Miharu through her. A bookworm at heart, she also enjoys making sweets often. Dark places and scary stories are two of her biggest weaknesses. She has a solid relationship with her parents.
Her tendency to keep her feelings to herself lead to her classmates assigning her as head of the committee for the cafe they plan on opening during the culture festival, but her dedication to doing the best possible job leads to her learning how to brew coffee from Rinka.
The events of Rinkas death haunt her dreams despite said events having been erased due to Divine Selection, possibly because she was present at the time. While not a participant, she does help Rinka gather information for Divine Selection.
- Badass Bookworm: A very quiet and studious girl who is willing to help Rinka survive Divine Selection by researching information regarding names and possible causes of death of the other participants. Unfortunately, her altruism leads her into Yu's trap during the School Festival, where she is killed
- Color Motif: She's always wearing green in her non-school clothes.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Killed by Yu during the school festival after he lures her into a classroom and blows it up with explosives. She is then strangled to death.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Even Rinka acknowledges this after Naomi trips out of nowhere at a train stationRinka: I'm not sure if it's due to her meek nature or not, but Naomi tends to trip herself up pretty often.
- Kill the Cutie: After Rinka refused to elect Yu in the 5th Election, Yu lured Naomi to a classroom which he blew up with explosives, subsequently injuring her before Yu strangled her to death
- Nice Girl: Is always polite to everyone she speaks to, even towards Miharu who sees her as a rival for Rinka's affection and treats her with disdain.
- Oblivious to Love: Mentions that she has never known what it feels like to be in love.
- SempaiKohai: The Kohai to Rinka's Sempai. Mao and Miharu are her sempai as well, but she's closer to Rinka than she is to them.
- Shipper on Deck: Tries to get Miharu and Rinka to sleep together during a sleepover in an effort to get them closer.
- Taking the Bullet: The recipient of this. Very early on, Rinka protects Naomi with her body when Yu blows up their train with explosives.
An odd girl who claims to be a goddess.
She oversees Divine Selection, and only interacts with Rinka and the other participants within the strange dream world it takes place in. Unlike the participants, she can also move around freely in this space. She feels absolutely nothing over the events that take place during Divine Selection.
Her white dress and wool-like hair provide a fantastical air to her appearance, and while she may speak like a lady from the upper echelons of society, she has little issue saying some rather horrible things. Very little is known about her, including her preferences or even how she spends her time when not overseeing Divine Selection.
- Affably Evil: For a certain value of evil, anyway. She's got no issue having friendly banter with the various participants whose erasure she oversees, Federico in particular.
- Big Bad: The closest thing the story has to one. Especially since she is the one who set off the events of the story to begin with.
- Catchphrase: "Good evening, my lovely little slaves to fate." Which she says at the start of every election night.
- Failure Is the Only Option: No matter what ending, she never gets what she truly wants: to possess Rinka and live her life again. Either Rinka is eliminated, fights off her possession, or eliminates her instead. Even in Bad End 4, she dies again almost immediately afterwards in a freak accident. Lethe even states that she is doomed to fail.
- Enemy Within: Was this to Miharu for almost her entire life. And is this to anyone who wins Divine Selection.
- Fixing the Game: There's a reason Rinka's Numeral One: it's because she wants her body.
- Foreshadowing: Before Divine Selection officially started, Parca says this:Parca: Know that a scenario can involve Numeral I electing Numeral XII and Numeral XII elects Numeral III. Should Numeral I succeed in eliminating Numeral XII, Numeral III's election is null and void.
- This scenario coincidentally happens in the 10th Election where Rinka elects Alan and Alan in turn elects Federico
- Fusion Dance: With Dianna's spirit/memories in the true ending. Which is what allows her to be elected.
- Graceful Loser: Once she's back in one piece, she accepts her election without complaint. To be expected when Dianna herself just wants to move on already.
- Manipulative Bastard: Used Miharu's fear of her love for Rinka not being reciprocated and her jealousy over Rinka being close Naomi to drive her to suicide. Mainly by claiming that the two of them were fated to end up together.
- Meaningful Name: Her name in life, Dianna Harrison, is definitely this. Dianna means divine, and in death she claims to be a goddess.
- Purple Eyes: Definitely makes her look more supernatural, as a goddess should be.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Parca is the singular form of Parcae, which were the three goddesses that were the personification of destiny in Roman mythology.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Her vessels seem to have these, namely Rinka when she's possessed and Miharu, who became her vessel as an infant.
- Walking Spoiler: She is the central character of the Divine Selection came and whose history becomes vital in figuring out how to go against the game.
- Was Once a Man: She was once a normal girl who became something much more after her death.
- Western Zodiac: By process of elimination, she is Aries as the secret thirteenth participant in Divine Selection.
- Wicked Cultured: One of the tip offs that she's taken control of Rinka is that Parca enjoys Shakespeare.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: Altering fate is kind of her thing.
Strange Man/ Lethe/ Leo
An androgynous man who appeared in Rinkas dreams. He seems to live in the dream world, but its unknown if he has any ties to Parca. Rinka has no recollection of meeting him.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Gets a bit of fun out of pointing out it's taken Rinka this long to figure out who he is.
- Go Out with a Smile: In the True Ending, after finally freeing his owner from the Divine Selection process so she can pass on in peace.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Lethe is the name of one of the rivers of the Underworld in classical mythology, with those who drink from it experiencing complete forgetfulness. It's also the name of the spirit of forgetfulness and oblivion. Fitting, seeing as how Lethe's in charge of keeping the memories of people involved in the Divine Selection in check.
- Pungeon Master: Cats puns, naturally.
- Really 700 Years Old: Well, closer to one hundred. But still an incredibly long time for a cat.
- Scars Are Forever: His scarred paw. Which does not seemed to have faded even after over a hundred years.
- Team Pet: He is a cat after all.
- Trickster Mentor: Somewhat of one to Rinka, although less out of desire to annoy and more out of vagueness.
- Undying Loyalty: To his former master, Dianna.