This is a list of all the many, many characters in Anime Female Wrestling. Please do not put too much details regarding the more raunchy aspects of the characters in their entry. Their involvement in hentai matches can be mentioned, though only in passing.
A British noblewoman and dancer by trade, Eliza is one of the most well known and loved women of Tension. Often facing many a man and striking them down with her lethal legs and then making them tap out. Known as the dancing passion. Appearance is based off Kate Green from House of the Dead and Female Spain from Axis Powers Hetalia.
- Action Girl: Faces off against both men and women regardless.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Eliza uses precision and calculated movements to apply the most amount of damage she can.
- Berserk Button: Attacking her legs or tearing her stockings is a nice way to earn her ire.
- Boom, Headshot!: If one part of her opponent is a target, nine times out of ten it's her opponent's head.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is half British and half French.
- Character Development: Started off as being fully polite and former when she first started and tended to lose, over time Eliza learned to be casual and aggressive in her matches after spending time in the British indies.
- Dance Battler: Was a ballet dancer before taking up wrestling, later she also took up flamenco.
- Deadpan Snarker: After mellowing out Eliza is not above making a cheeky remark to opponents that clearly warrant it.
- Difficult, but Awesome: If she can't get her hits in Eliza will struggle to do much, but her damage output and attacks are powerful.
- Finishing Move: Ballroom Roller - A headscissors followed with rolling around to further disorient opponents.
- Glass Cannon: Eliza can dish out some powerful attacks, but if her opponent can damage her legs enough Eliza can be taken down quickly in no time.
- Kick Chick: Eliza prefers kicks above all else.
- Lady of War: A regal woman that battles both men and women.
- Nice Girl: Eliza is beloved by Tension as its darling girl, any opponent will find it hard to have the crowd root for them versus her.
- Neutral Good: Her alignment in universe.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Wears one as part of her wrestling attire
- Red Is Heroic: Often features red in her attire and is a face.
- Red Baron: The Dancing Passion
- She's Got Legs: Lethal ones that can strike down any foe with accurate strikes and constricting submissions.
- Signature Move: Shining wizard and Enzuigiri kicks.
A professional artist and wrestler mixed into one, John Carnaby took up wrestling as a side job while he did an art course in College, only to decide after completing it that wrestling was just as fun as artistry. After a rather unsuccessful start John was scouted for the UK Elite, joining as Ryan's right hand man and taking the title of Master of Creation. Is a former Tension tag champ alongside his boss. Appearance is based off Willard H Wright from Umineko: When They Cry and Yuri Hyuga from Shadow Hearts.
- Badass Bookworm: Can speak Latin and can quote the Odyssey, also a former title holder
- Badass Longcoat: When John is not wrestling he rocks a custom made blue leather trenchcoat
- Beleaguered Assistant: When you are employed by an Eccentric Millionaire, this can certainly occur.
- Bishōnen: Not to the same degree as his boss but he certainly has some cute boy looks.
- Butt-Monkey: Anytime someone in the UK Elite gets the short end of the stick, expect it to be him.
- Character Tics: Tends to twirl the red strands of his hair.
- Cultured Badass: When not wrestling, John makes art pieces that are widely popular.
- Dark Is Not Evil: After donning his new attire John wears dark colours, but remains an all-round nice dude.
- Deadpan Snarker: Considering Ryan's tendencies, John usually voices his annoyance this way, albeit when Ryan is not in earshot.
- Determinator: In their last match as Tension tag champs, John gave his all to try and win for his team. Though he came up short, Ryan said John went beyond and above his duties and was to be commended.
- Finishing Move: The Masterpiece (Hip toss into Anaconda vise).
- Foil: Is one to Ryan in the ring. Ryan tends to be focused while John tends to be emotive. John focuses on submissions and technical moves- in contrast, Ryan favours simple power based moves and relying on his endurance to carry the day.
- Heroic BSoD: Had one after losing the Tension tag titles. He stayed cooped up in his apartment for days on end.
- Red Baron: The Master of Creation.
- Neutral Good: His alignment, John may make some cheeky comments but is all round a good guy.
- Only Sane Man: John is usually baffled by the antics of people he interacts with.
- Took a Level in Badass: After joining the UK Elite, John became a title holder.
- Weak, but Skilled: Downplayed on the former part. While not as durable as his boss, he can take a fair beating but favours submissions and out fighting opponents instead of getting into wars of attrition.
Ryan Knight's adoptive sister, a beautiful British lass who was known as a tomboy for being willing to square off against both boys and girls. Toured the Asian indie circuit and after forming the UK Elite fights for their interests in Friction. Known as Britain's Baby Girl. She is the speedster of her team but tends to have an independent mind. Appearance is based off Misa Amane from Death Note and Eri Sawachika from School Rumble.
- Badass Adorable: Looks cute but has no trouble battering boys.
- Brother-Sister Team: Teams with her brother Ryan from time to time.
- Chaotic Neutral: Lucy tends to be a bit of a wild card.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lucy can roast the best of them with a snide remark.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted - Lucy is actually a brunette but goes blonde for her gimmick as the peppy Brit girl.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Lucy was initially bi-curious, but later revealed she only likes men.
- Finishing Move: The Web (octopus hold), Shiv (backstabber), and London Bridge (shiranui).
- Genki Girl: Lucy is usually quite chipper towards people.
- Glass Cannon: She is certainly the most fragile out of her team. In a long, drawn out battle, expect her to be the first to drop out.
- The Heart: Tends to be the moral rock for the UK Elite. She helped John with his Heroic BSoD.
- Not Blood Siblings: Is not related to her Brother by blood, but they've endured as a team.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Up for picking fights with boys and dresses cute.
- Worf Effect: Usually tends to be the first one to lose out of the team.
Hailing from the United Kingdom, this young man traveled the Asian indie circuit with his adopted Sister Lucy Grange before coming to Tension. With the moniker of Paragon of Britain, Ryan was intent on establishing his fame, he's certainly succeeded to a great degree as a former Tension Tag Champion along his right hand man John Carnaby. Divisive amongst the Tension fanbase. Appearance is based off Raphael from SoulCalibur and Xander from Fire Emblem Fates.
- Adorkable: Outside of wrestling he can display very goofy tendencies.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Ryan's finishers practically guarantee him victory if they work, but they require some rather elaborate setups. Which contrasts his usual approach to combat.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: A surname like Knight!
- Badass Bookworm: Ryan is a prolific reader when he doesn't wrestle.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: When not wrestling Ryan typically wore a suit, but following his forest sabbatical he tends to be more casual.
- Bishōnen: Bears regal features and blonde hair.
- Boring, but Practical: Most of Ryan's moves are common wrestling attacks bolstered by his strength.
- Cultured Badass: Can speak Latin and French and dresses well, can also throw down with the best of them.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Typically wears dark colours in the ring, but is a man of honour.
- Determinator: Best shown during the Tension Tag Tournament finals. Despite bleeding from the head he still rose up to secure victory for his team.
- Evil Brit: Averted, Ryan battles fair and gives respect where due.
- Finishing Move: Acta Est Fabula (twisting flipping over the shoulder leg hook belly-to-back suplex), Knightmare (Leg slicer submission), and Curse of the Highlander (Irish whip followed by Big Boot).
- Genius Bruiser: An erudite man who can throw down with the best of them.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With John Carnaby. Despite being the boss and his right hand man, the pair hang out casually often and are former tag champs.
- Hidden Depths: Ryan has revealed privately that despite being called Paragon of Britain he is not actually much of a patriot. In fact, he disapproves of his country's actions.
- Lawful Neutral: Mr Knight abides by the rules and tends to leave his views of opponents away from it.
- Mighty Glacier: Ryan is not the fastest man out there, but few can take as much punishment as he can.
- Mr. Fanservice: Ryan is a Bishōnen that spends his matches shirtless.
- Nice Guy: Ryan is a gentleman through and through.
- Red Baron: Paragon of Britain.
Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt
A vain, arrogant aristocratic woman who seeks to show her martial and wrestling prowess to the world, Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt is one of the many well-known heels in AFW. Was the former Friction Entropy Champion and former Friction Tag-Team Champion alongside Akiha Kosha. Her appearance is based on Luviagelita Edelfelt from Fate/hollow ataraxia.
- Action Girl: Her arrogance aside, Gwendolyn is a very skilled wrestler.
- Alpha Bitch: She is self-centered, overbearing, manipulative and pretentious, no thanks to being the heiress of a multinational trading corporation, Primol group.
- Butt-Monkey: Despite her achievements, Gwendolyn is often a victim of a lot of practical jokes. There is a Running Gag of her taking cakes or any form of pastries in the face.
- Expy: Of Luviagelita Edelfelt from Fate/hollow ataraxia.
- Finishing Move: Has quite a number of them; Colère de Dieu (spinning roundhouse kick), Oppression Royale (a modified figure four headscissors), Arbre Généalogique Royal (pedigree) and Haute Société (top-rope stunner).
- Heel: The Narcissistic type.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: A trait that she shares with the character she's based from.
- The Ojou: Like mentioned above, she is the heiress of Primol group, a multinational trading corporation, and she had been seen multiple times dealing with the business of the group when she wasn't wrestling.
- Red Baron: The Imperial Rose.
- Running Gag: She has become an unfortunate victim of the classic Pie in the Face gag, where she takes cakes, pastries, pies, or even fruit punch in the face, sometimes in quick succession.
- Signature Move: Has plenty of wrestling moves, but she commonly uses German Suplex, Running Bulldog and Assai DDT.
- Tag Team: The Imperial Order with Akiha Kosha.
- Talk Show with Fists: Alongside her partner Akiha, she often hosts her own talk show, Crème De La Crème, which always involves talking and interviewing her future opponents. More often than not, this talk show always ends with her taking cakes or pastries in the face.
- True Blue Femininity: Presenting herself as a poised figure, even during her match, she seems to be always wearing blue. That doesn't stop her from being a condescending bitch, however.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: One of the sympathetic aspects of her character is her desire to win the approval of her parents and fear of falling out of favor with them.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Due to a traumatic experience when she was a child, she is terrified of dogs. Unfortunately for her, dogs seem to love her.
The blonde veteran and one of the Northman siblings with a great deal of success in AFW. A top wrestler in the business and coined the Hardcore Queen by many Cecilia has one of if not the longest career in AFW. Former Hardcore Champion and AFW World Champion.
- The Ace: Overall she's pretty well rounded, which has helped her stay at the top for so long, knowing a variety of wrestling holds, submission holds, being able to brawl and use anything to her advantage, all contribute to being one of the toughest chicks on AFW.
- Arch-Enemy: Brittany served as this for a time, taking the hardcore championship from her in an intense contest. Cecilia would get her back in a way by taking the World title from her years later.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl: Though not without reason, she's pretty confident in her abilities all around.
- Aloof Big Sister: She's pretty hands off with her sister Belinda. Not out of lack of love, but more because she knows Belinda wouldn't like being under her shadow as a wrestler.
- Berserk Button: Messing with her loved ones is one of her biggest ones, though she has a bit of a temper regardless.
- Biker Babe: Usually dressed as such when not wrestling.
- Combat Pragmatist: Her time as the Hardcore champ especially drilled this into her, and is part of the reason she's called the Hardcore Queen despite not even holding the belt in years. She won't outright cheat but don't expect her to be a stickler for the rules.
- Defiant to the End: When on the losing end of an intense match, especially if it's against someone she hates, expect her to go down swinging.
- Determinator: One of the traits that's gotten her through many bad situations is the fact that she will fight on when most normal people are too beaten down or tired.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Early on she was a straight Jerkass with very little else going for her besides being a tough opponent. Her being a sort of Breakout Character contributed to her later change to a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Finishing Move: She has several, such as the Jarngreipr (Fireman's carry Stunner) and the Gleipnir (Dragon Clutch).
- Friendly Rivalry: Has a few of these with some, such as Adrian Kites or Odessa Brock.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Her arrogance knows no bounds, and her insults can be as biting as her strikes, though despite being a Tweener she does tend to end on the side of Face more often then not.
- Official Couple: With Karina Rine, now Karina Northman.
- Refuge in Audacity: Tried to beat Kyoko at her own game during her Title match!
- The Rival: Her long career has brought her many. Some which are friendly (though sure as hell while not between the ropes), and some that are hostile all around. Her current ones consist of Adrian Kites, Odessa Brock, Kyoko Akan, Alison Seong, and Death Bunny.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Her and Odessa. The two are just as liable to rip each others arms off while insulting each other as they are to compliment each others clothes.
A young and impressive Japanese wrestler who takes a great deal of pride in her abs. Goes by the fan given nickname 'The Belly Queen' but is willing to do whatever challenge she faces. Was originally based off Hinata (The RTN version) from Naruto but has since gained her own image.
- Arch-Enemy: Amy Evans was this before they came to AFW. Da Xia and Cecilia Northman more or less fit the bill of that now.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Her Akan Buster is easily her strongest move and has yet to not end a match when it connects, but Kyoko has a hard time setting it up due to needing to force an opponent to the top turnbuckle and is harder to hit the longer a match goes on as Kyoko loses the stamina to actually lift up an opponent. Best seen in her match with Cecilia Northman, where she had her winded and on the brink of being finished, yet she lost time trying to set it up, allowing Cecilia to recover and stop Kyoko.
- Bare Your Midriff: And proud of the fact. Her pride in her belly makes her almost never not showing it off.
- Berserk Button: Being overlooked, insults directed at her title, and people who think that their abs are better then hers.
- Blood Knight: Amy had always accused her of enjoying fighting people because she loved to hurt them rather then help others in school. Later events would prove Amy right on the money.
- Boobs of Steel: Has earned her own friends' ire for her bust size but nevertheless is capable in the ring.
- Character Development: Kyoko started off in AFW confident but respectful, getting involved in things because she wanted to prove herself but only wanting to wrestle and being befuddled by the wackier side of the business. Then she started to embrace it more and became much more confident with her body and sex appeal, even taking in some matches that she wouldn't usually do such as hentai. She lost a great deal of her confidence thanks to Da Xia, whose pettiness made Kyoko scared of her own shadow briefly. When she broke away from this for good, Kyoko became pettier, more vindictive, and easier to piss off even after putting Da Xia in her place. This really translated poorly in her fight with Cecilia who seemed to never admit directly that she respected Kyoko like Kyoko desperately wanted and ultimately made Kyoko resort to proving her superiority by any means necessary and no longer giving a damn about anyone but herself.
- Combat Pragmatist: Kyoko will do anything short of cheating to win a match, and if her opponent cheats first, she'll even do that.
- Determinator: Has yet to tap out because she will keep fighting until she physically can't. And pretty much takes a beating before you can even consider putting her down. She finally did so in her match with Masuyo but that was because it was an Ironman match and stubbornness would only hinder her.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: A defining trait of Kyoko, especially after her humiliating debacle with Da Xia, is she feels she's constantly being underestimated and mocked for other's entertainment. One too many instances of being proven right caused her to snap.
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference: Her silver eyes were referenced a few times on account of her being based off Hinata. When she finally got her own original images, her eyes became a much more normal blue color.
- Enemy Mine: Formed one with Amy that became a long term tag team. The enemy part is a bit disputed now, despite what both girls say.
- Finishing Move: Akan Buster (Muscle Buster) and a Spear.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: What she usually resorts to in the heat of the moment, but don't think for a second she can't grapple when it matters.
- HeelFace Turn: Turned shortly before Avalanche beating on Cecilia, just as the women was actually seeming to offer her genuine respect she always wanted.
- Heroic BSoD: Had one in college when she lost to Amy and it caused her to become a bit darker as a person. Has another after losing to Da Xia and spending time as her 'servant'. She didn't fully recover from either and they would both start to really affect her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kyoko is confident in herself and not at all afraid to talk down to someone she deems weak or piss off an opponent if she can. But she's usually polite outside of the ring unless you're really on her shit list, and even in the ring will show respect to wrestlers who have earned it, regardless of if she likes them or not. Also, even when she's being hard on younger or newer wrestlers, she's more than happy to let them train themselves up and come back at her to prove her wrong. She also is fully protective of people from bullies both in school and AFW and has gotten in fights for the sake of others
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: It's implied Kyoko got in fights with bullies because of her own desire to fight, rather then because she wanted to help people. That she's grown much more rude and condescending puts her desire to see people grow and try to face her again in a disturbing light. Course, it could be that her negative experience with Da Xia is still weighing on her.
- Kick the Dog: Has a tendency to be needlessly rude and aggressive with less experienced girls. Especially if she feels they lack the fire for the profession.
- Mêlée à Trois: Her brief feud with Cecilia Northman and Sermis Languis.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Beat the crap out of both her Arch Enemies this way. One was awesome, the other wasn't.
- Not So Different: For all of her hatred of Amy Evans, the two are more alike than she'd care to think. Both enjoyed fighting and sought any excuse to pursue it, Amy just happened to be more blunt about it, they also tend to treat people they want to really hurt the same way. It's no wonder they gravitate towards each other. And though Kyoko can legit make friends and isn't all out aggressive like Amy, she does have a certain degree of disdain for people who aren't worthy opponents.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: When she got her hands on Da Xia she had no problem inflicting all the pain and humiliation the girl had done to her. Then she started inflicting that same kind of pain on others for reasons less justified...
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: As soon as she was free from Da Xia's servitude, she went after the Chinese Bully with a vengeance.
- Tag Team: The Pride Queens with her rival Amy.
- Wild Card: Though she does lean more towards face, her own attitude and issues assures she can be a pretty nasty person to deal with in the right environment. Subverted later when she turned Heel.
The aggressive Blonde fighter also know as 'The Lion'. An intense fighter who loves to mess with opponents and seek a challenge...or challenge herself when her opponent comes up lacking. Based on Leone from Akame ga Kill!'.
- Arch-Enemy: Karina seems to be this, as Amy loves beating her down to the point she intends to fight every member of her family that wrestles at AFW. Recently Odessa Brock has become one as well, with the women taking offense to Amy's lack of friendliness in matches. Needlessly harassing the Brit after the match didn't help either.
- Berserk Button: Hurting Chelsea, cheating, not meeting her standards in a fight- do any of these if you feel like facing her wrath.
- Blood Knight: Amy loves to fight and has no other interest that surpasses it in her mind. In fact, she hates facing jobbers because they provide no actual challenge and waste her time.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Amy doesn't cheat. Doing so is a sure fire way to piss her off.
- Jerkass: Amy doesn't care about anyone's feelings or situation sans Chelsea.
- Lightning Bruiser: Can take to the skies and move pretty fast, but still hits pretty damn hard. Given her inspiration, it makes sense she would strive to be this.
- Noble Demon: Amy just wants a good fight. If you provide one you have her respect, and her friendship with Chelsea shows she's more then just an aggressive bitch.
- Only Friend: Chelsea is this for her. Given Amy's attitude, the only surprise is the fact she has any friends. Though she seems to be forming another one with Kyoko and Catelyn Cormac.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Amy feeling apologetic about getting Cat involved in her beef with Cecilia, in which Cat took a beating, is definitely not standard for the Lion.
- Pet the Dog: Her indulging the fans' pleas to wear her Lion wig into a match with Death Bunny.
- Sadist: The Lion takes a perverse pleasure in beating down opponents. She also likes to take defeated prey home for who knows what.
- Toxic Friend Influence: She seems to have this affect with Chelsea, bringing out some of the worst in the redhead. And usually when her and Kyoko are getting along, it's not for the benefit of anyone else around them.
- Wild Card: Amy is a threat to everyone- Face, Heel, or Tweener.
The quick and spirited redheaded wrestler that joined AFW for her love of wrestling. Currently one half of the tag team champions with Belinda Northman. Based on Chelsea from Akame ga Kill!.
- Affectionate Nickname: Shes been called Lollipop by Amy and her parents. She taken to calling Akiha Kosha 'Boss'.
- The Atoner: She sees her time in college, where she bullied girls alongside Amy, as a bad time and strives to actually be a better person overall.
- Fiery Redhead: Played with. She's usually calm and collected, but tends to get hot-blooded in a match or in any situation that excites her.
- Fragile Speedster: She's quick and can hit pretty hard, but usually doesn't take well to taking hits.
- Hidden Depths: Doesn't show it much, but loves video games and once recognized Jade for her portrayal of an important character in one of her favorite games.
- Odd Friendship: Her and Amy. They used to be more similar, but later on Chelsea sought to improve as a person. Amy hasn't, yet the two remain close despite their growing differences.
- Tag Team: Blazing Blizzard with Belinda Northman.
- Tsundere: A rare version where the 'dere' side is most prominent. She's usually friendly all around, even in a match, but she has her bad moments and can be pretty arrogant when it counts.
- Wild Card: Has some moments, but usually falls in line as a face.
The gun-loving redhead with a bright smile and strong fists. Always eager to show off what she's capable of in the ring and even more eager to pick up a win. Based on Yoko Littner.
- Ax-Crazy: Since her FaceHeel Turn she's pretty much been this, pissing people off for no reason and starting fights for slights.
- Being Good Sucks: The lesson she got from her early time in AFW. Given what happened back then, and her progress since changing, it's hard to argue she does better as a villain.
- Blood Knight: An early sign she wasn't always as nice as she appeared was the way she went about her love of fighting, starting brawls needlessly while acting nice.
- Combat Pragmatist: She doesn't care how she wins, so long as her hands raised.
- Entitled Bastard: Feels she's deserving of respect and isn't happy about not getting it. Any moment she gets she'll go off on someone to prove her point.
- Establishing Character Moment: To establish that the nice girl in her was gone, she came out and promptly mocked the crap out of Tracer for her complaining about being jumped at her PPV debut. Then, when they wrestled, she took advantage of any injury and opening given to her for the quickest win.
- Evil Feels Good: Never outright stated, but given how much she tends to ham it up when she's winning, it's clear she's enjoying herself as a Heel.
- Humiliation Conga: Debuted and lost to a returning Michiko, then preceded to get her ass kicked by the likes of girls like Serina and Da Xia, beaten by the Brat Pack in a handicap match and smothered out, and ended up a punching bag to Yuki, with her only victory in-between all that being against a new girl who managed to get under her skin. Needless to say, she didn't have a good start in the business.
- Jerkass: Has become this full stop since she turned Heel.
- Jerkass Has a Point: She wasn't exactly being pleasant about it in the slightest, but she was right in her fight with Yuki that the girl in question broke the rules of the fight she herself made.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her looks don't show it, but she can hit pretty hard, move fast, and take some hits if necessary.
- Took a Level in Badass: She's been a lot more successful since she became a Heel, winning more matches, and even when she loses it's usually not as embarrassing for her as when she was a Face.
A young and friendly Japanese fighter with a great deal of interest in charms. Kyoko's cousin and still very new to the wrestling world at large, to say nothing of how new she is to the practices of AFW. Based on Sheena from Tales of Symphonia.
- All-Loving Heroine: Odd coming from a wrestler but true, she usually tries to be friendly to everyone, even heels despite how they tend to get.
- Blood Knight: Played with. Despite her nice nature she admits to loving fights, though she doesn't try to hurt someone more then she has to.
- Boring, but Practical: Her wrestling style in general; she's not overtly flashy or going to be talking trash, instead she tries to work on finding a weakness and exploiting it for all it's worth and in the most efficient way possible.
- Determinator: Fragile Speedster tendencies aside, Sheena isn't about to call it quits until she's well and truly beaten.
- Fragile Speedster: Fast and technical, but isn't about to be getting into brawls anytime soon.
- Nice Girl: Almost too nice for the company she's working for.
- Only Sane Woman: She really doesn't get the appeal of Kyoko's antics and generally prefers to just arrive, wrestle, and be done with it.
- Serious Business: Her charms, full stop. She fully believes in them and their ability to work when it matters, and doesn't like being mocked for this. Which is the closest thing she has to a Berserk Button.
- Stripperific: Subverted. Sheena wrestles extremely modestly, even by normal wrestling standards, to say nothing of how that compares to her cousin.
- Unfazed Everyman: Pretty much accepts everything that happens at AFW with a smile and a wave.
A wealthy young woman who is well-known for her Patriotic Fervor as a Japanese wrestler who has deep disdain towards foreign wrestlers. And she has set quite a crusade to prove that Japanese wrestlers are much better than foreigners. Former Friction Tag-Team Champion alongside Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt. Her appearance is based on Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime.
- Action Girl: Her wrestling prowess is definitely undeniable.
- A-Cup Angst: Akiha is very insecure and conscious about her flat chest, a trait that she inherits from the character she's based from. Mentioning this in front of her face will trigger her Berserk Button.
- Badass Gay: Is currently in relationship with Belinda Northman, which is also a case of Dating Catwoman, considering that Belinda herself is a babyface. Then again, Akiha is nicer outside the ring.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning her flat chest.
- Breath Weapon: She is seen utilizing red mist several times in her matches.
- Expy: Of Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime.
- Fiery Redhead: Akiha's hair is naturally black, and she didn't dye her hair red until she started her crusade. Her red hair and white outfit are meant to symbolize the Japanese flag.
- Finishing Move: Akiha utilizes moves as finishers such as; Rising Sun (diving rounding moonsault), Plunder (kneeling back-to-belly piledriver) and Pollute (venus flytrap).
- Heel: The Foreigner type, with a hint of the Monster type.
- Knight Templar: Akiha is so determined to prove the superiority of Japanese wrestlers, showing deep disdain towards foreign wrestlers. This doesn't stop her from teaming up with Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt, a foreign wrestler, however.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Inside the ring, she is ruthless and sadistic, and is determined to show how inferior foreign wrestlers are compared to the Japanese ones. Outside the ring, however, she is a fairly decent, if a little distant young woman.
- The Ojou: She is the heiress of the Kosha company, a company that is famous for electronics. It's been mentioned that she's the second oldest born and that she has an older brother.
- Signature Move: Has quite a few, including Spinning Heel Kick, Shining Wizard, Enzuigiri, and Double Knee Facebreaker.
- Tag Team: The Imperial Order with Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt
- Talk Show with Fists: She also hosts a talk show, Crème De La Crème, alongside her partner Gwendolyn. And unfortunately for her, she is also not immune to the Pie in the Face gag.
Also known as The Eighth Wonder, Athena Wonder is a veteran wrestler who temporarily retired after marrying her manager. After her husband's death, she decided to get back into wrestling, this time with her daughter, Clara Wonder. Her appearance is based on Athena Haruka from Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!.
- Action Mom: Has a grown daughter and is still an active wrestler.
- Amazonian Beauty: It's been said that she had a more slender body during her youth, but she has built up quite a lot of muscles and curves as she's grown older.
- Badass Bisexual: She's into women as much as she's into men.
- Cleavage Window: Her wrestling outfit, which is already Stripperiffic enough as it is, also has this, which exposes a healthy amount of boobage.
- Doting Parent: She clearly adores her daughter, Clara.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Has blonde hair and is very attractive despite her age.
- Expy: Of Athena Haruka from Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!.
- Finishing Move: Has several such as Koji Clutch, Kinniku Buster, and Full Wonder Slam (gorilla press slam).
- Hartman Hips: Nicely complementing her voluptuous figure.
- Red Baron: Known as The Eighth Wonder or Super MILF.
- Signature Move: Has a variety of moves, but she is usually seen using uranage, running big boot, and senton.
Daughter of Athena Wonder, she joined her mother to wrestle in AFW, calling herself The Little Wonder. Unlike her mother, she is a nimbler, agile and speed-oriented wrestler. Her appearance is based on Clara Haruka from Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!.
- Action Girl: Being a wrestler, this is already expected.
- Amazonian Beauty: Despite having a more slender frame compared to her mother, she has quite an impressive physique.
- Cleavage Window: Just like her mother, her wrestling outfit also sports one.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Has blonde hair like her mother, and is fairly attractive.
- Expy: Of Clara Haruka from Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!.
- Finishing Move: Wondrous Stomp (diving stomp) and Wonderkick (superkick).
- Red Baron: As a Homage to her mother, she calls herself The Little Wonder.
- Signature Move: Besides the running big boot and senton that her mother uses, she commonly utilizes slingblade during her matches.
- Spoiled Brat: A downplayed example. She's not as bad as most examples, and she's not actively malicious and is actually a pretty decent girl, but being constantly pampered and spoiled by her mother makes her a little entitled.
Frau Doktor Eirina Makishima
- Badass Bisexual: She's into both men and women. She was even married once before divorcing.
- Berserk Button:
- Eirina is quite laid-back and friendly to everyone, but mention her age or call her old and you'll be immediately on her shit list.
- She also hates people who play dirty, as shown during her fight against Anasthesia.
- Boobs of Steel: Has a rather impressive set of racks, and is a very talented wrestler.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Japanese, half-German.
- Combat Medic: She happens to be a doctor who wrestles, or a wrestler who happens to be a professional doctor.
- Deadly Doctor: Downplayed, considering that she doesn't kill anyone, but she often makes use of her knowledge in anatomy to inflict damage while wrestling.
- Expy: Of Saint Martha from Fate/Grand Order.
- Herr Doktor: She even calls herself Frau Doktor, indicating her Germanic ancestry.
- Finishing Move: Crippler Crossface, Busaiku Knee, and Tombstone Piledriver.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: While she's leaning towards submissions, she is a very balanced wrestler.
- The Medic: Sometimes Eirina works backstage as a paramedic, treating injured wrestlers. Justified, considering that she's a licensed doctor.
- Really Gets Around: Eirina is sexually active. This is a Deconstruction, considering that being sexually active is the main reason behind her divorce.
- Sadist: Despite her friendliness and niceness, she can't help but take pleasure in inflicting pain on others, preferably her opponents. Sometimes, this is brought to a very logical conclusion.
- Signature Move: Has been seen utilizing many moves, but she seems to favor Lou Thesz Press and Fujiwara Armbar.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A subversion, because in AFW, wrestling does pay. She just likes wrestling despite being a professional doctor.
An Indian wrestler who calls herself the Great Kali (has no relation with The Great Khali). Her appearance is based on Anarista from Queen's Blade.
- Action Girl: It is a requirement for anyone who joins AFW.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: In the ring, she presents herself as a violent wrestler who loves violence and humiliating her opponent in sexy manners. Outside the ring, however, the woman behind the persona of Great Kali, Deepika Kumara is an ordinary woman who actually loves online shopping.
- Stripperiffic: Her wrestling outfit leaves nothing to the imagination. She may as well wrestle naked.
- Thong of Shielding: She wears a translucent thong leotard that covers only the bare minimum.
A Masked Luchadora from Mexico. One of the three pupils of Oboro Scarlett. Her appearance is based on Fukumen Sugata no Onna Senshi from Taimanin Asagi.
- Finishing Move: Flecha de Bruja (corkscrew shooting star press) and Toque de Espaldas (hammerlock and headscissor combo).
- Mask of Power: She wears a panther-themed luchador mask that covers the upper part of her head.
Mikagami "Micca" Arashio
- Action Girl: Smaller and noticeably weaker than full-sized wrestlers, but still can fight.
- The Cutie: A requirement for a kawaii.
A former Japanese Delinquent who cleaned up her act and became a professional wrestler.
- Finishing Move: Yomi Piledriver (jumping piledriver) and Tempest Bomb (fire thunder powerbomb).
- Hot-Blooded: Normally, she's sweet and demure, but if she gets too worked up, she'll revert back to her former self.
- Japanese Delinquent: She was one once. She's cleaned up her act since then.
- Leotard of Power: More modest than what one may expect from female wrestlers, but it's still pretty tight.
- Martial Arts Headband: Wears a white one while in the ring.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She is currently this, being sweet and soft-spoken.
A ruthless woman with a shady past. Is a successful businesswoman and a skilled wrestler. Her appearance is based on Oboro Kokawa from Taimanin Asagi.
- Evil Mentor: She serves as this to her proteges; Orochi, Vritra Savage, and Loretta Sombra.
- Finishing Move: Shining Wizard.
- Lady in Red: Her default wrestling outfit, a Leotard of Power, is red in color.
- Leotard of Power: Wears a red, revealing one.
- Ms. Fanservice: She isn't afraid to show off her voluptuous body, in and out of the ring.
- Pet the Dog: She has the tendency to gather unfortunate women and take them as her proteges.
- Self-Made Woman: She started out from the bottom as a mere prostitute, then became a successful businesswoman who still maintains connections with the criminal underworld.
- Zen Survivor: Sold by her parents to the Yakuza to become a prostitute, Oboro endured everything that was thrown at her way, paving her way to the top. After becoming a successful businesswoman, she has become a wise yet cynical woman.
A woman with mysterious past. Alongside Vritra Savage and Loretta Sombra, she is one of Oboro Scarlett's proteges. Her appearance is based on Snake Lady from Taimanin Asagi.
- Finishing Move: She has two; Anaconda Vise and Tempestuous Serpent (snapmare neckbreaker).
- Ms. Fanservice: Just like her mentor, she shows absolutely no shame about showing off her body.
- Stripperiffic: Her wrestling outfit absolutely leaves nothing to the imagination.
- Underboobs: The most obvious thing about her very revealing outfit.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Her hair is white with greenish hue, and she is absolutely a rotten person.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Just like her namesake, her hair is bright green.
A skilled and determined American Wrestler who would never back down from a fight. Also a cosplayer with a mean streak.
- A-Cup Angst: Adrian is flat chested and not proud of it. She appreciates photos at angles that don't show this off.
- Affably Evil: For all of her less then stellar tendencies, she usually maintains an honestly civil relation with people. Even when she gets angered it's not because her niceness was an intended act.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's rather nice and friendly in her downtime and even in the ring for the most part (Combat Pragmatist tendencies aside) but if she gets properly annoyed at an opponent she loses it in the worst way and is all about causing their day to be ruined.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Adrian is certainly not someone who goes looking for a fight, yet she also doesn't seem to comprehend why anyone would have an issue with her doing anything to win (AKA: Cheating). She maintains her happy demeanor in the face of being booed for anything she does in the ring, all while holding resentment towards people who treat her like she's being childish. She sees herself as much more mature then others despite these odd little quirks. And when she's mad she goes from normal to laughing like a maniac in a second, with no known explanation other then she's suddenly enjoying the pain shes dishing out.
- Combat Pragmatist: Adrian cheats and doesn't think twice about it when she does it. Worked wonders during her Hardcore Title Reign.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Given her rather odd sense of morals, Adrain has flipped between Face and Heel roughly six times, and you never know when she might do so again.
- Official Couple: With Rebecca Tomoko
- The Rival: To Cecilia Northman. Though they're mostly friends and Cecilia puts up with her antics better then most, they still have a competitive streak that runs a mile long. Cecilia has yet to beat Adrian (a rarity among her rivals) yet Adrian constantly feels like she's underestimated and falling behind the blonde.
- Shout-Out: Given she's a cosplayer, she's pretty much lives for this trope. She cheats to emulate her idols like Ric Flair and Roddy Piper but enjoys taking to the skies like Shawn Michaels or Randy Savage could do. To say nothing of her various outfits and finishers whose names are from various video games.