open/close all folders
- "From the Earth to the Starbucks": The Jackal has arrived. But you might not see him standing there, being so stealth-like.
- From "Weekend Warriors", a secretary informs Gus there's a 'Lt. Crunch' there to see him.Shawn: Actually no, I've been promoted... It's Captain Crunch.
- The only thing that makes this better is him walking in dressed in a Civil War military uniform, and then later dressing Gus up to look like he was commanding a marching band.
- Shawn sending Gus (note: black guy) into a tanning salon as part of an investigation, and Gus actually attempting to make that fly... for about a thirty seconds, before just giving up and asking the guy his questions point blank.
- Gus' list of rules for going into a supposedly haunted, abandoned mental hospital. These rules include refusing to be the first person to enter a room or the last person to leave a room (which, considering it's just him and Shawn, is a logical impossibility.)
- Shawn and Gus running and screaming like little girls from the (alleged) haunted sorority house. When Juliet comes out after them, Shawn tries to act all cool and collected and says he and Gus are going to compare notes-till Gus blows his cover by speeding away in the car.
- Even better is that when Gus gets his foot stuck between floorboards and Shawn ditches him, he takes off his belt and starts swinging it around in a circle, in some sort of attempt to be genre-savvy.
- Gus trying to distract a woman by saying he lost his cat ("Mrs. Pickles!") while Shawn snoops around in her house - pausing to eat some cupcakes along the way.
- This random little speech from "Poker? I Barely Know Her":Shawn: My pilot's licence? Out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my licence to kill? Revoked. Problems at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details, but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my licence to kill has been revoked.
- Heavily implied in the gag reel that this was improvised.
- Shawn giving words to the contestants of the "Spellinng Bee".Shawn: Banana.Contestant: [in disbelief] Could you repeat that?Shawn: Yes. Banaannaaaaa.
Gus: Shawn, this misplaced malevolence you have with the spelling bee is getting monotonous. Stop hitting on the bee. I'm sorry, ma'am, I do apologise for his inappropriate virulence.
- Gus tries to show off his former spelling bee prowess in front of the contest administrator:
- Shawn sitting on Lassiter's lap in "9 Lives".
- Little. Boy. Cat. From Shawn's apparent Cuteness Proximity with him, to Gus's jealously over being replaced by a cat, to Shawn using the cat as lead in to present him and Gus as a gay couple, to Shawn using the cat as a "psychic medium" to the bad guy being tackled by a freakin' cat. And then the call backs in later seasons, particularly the fact that it was not a little boy cat.
- "I want to talk to that cat... as soon as he's finished, you know. Licking himself."
- From "Who Ya Gonna Call?": Lassiter calmly (but quite happily) shooting the cute little figurines meant for his wife, set to On the Beautiful Blue Danube.
- In "Woman Seeking Dead Husband: Smokers Okay, No Pets" Shawn and Gus are held at gunpoint by one of the ex-cons who demands proof that Shawn is a psychic. Shawn accurately guesses how many fingers he has behind his back each time. When the astonished ex-con demands to know how he did it, Shawn sarcastically admits that he saw the reflection of his hands in the television set behind him reflected in the mirror which is in turn reflected in the polished water jug in front of him. The ex-con gives him one more chance, but just in case moves from in front of the television... to a position where he's standing right in front of Gus. Gus has a hilarious "I can't even with this guy" expression on his face.
- Two in "Rob-a-bye Baby": when Shawn and Gus are mistaken for creeps in the park and Shawn's marriage proposal.
- Several of Nigel St. Nigel's comments from "American Duos".
Henry: What kind of a sicko goes commando under another man's robe?Nigel: (Grins)
- All of the judges' comments on Shawn and Gus's audition.
- This hilarious exchange between Henry and Nigel St. Nigel-
Juliet: Can I teach you how to crump? Maybe. Thats up to you. But I cant reach inside of you and make you want this -- I mean absolutely need this -- the way that both Hall and Oates used to need this. Well Oates was a little more, probably. This has to come from inside here [points to heart]. And deep deep deep inside here [Points to stomach].
- Also, Juliet acting as Shawn and Gus's dance coach to get them onto the show. She... gets a little deep into it:
Shawn: Jules. You do realize that there is a suspect in custody and the case is just about closed.
Juliet: Is that what this laissez-faire, half-baked effort is about, huh? The case? I thought you were in it to win it!
Shawn: Jules, are you feeling okay?
Juliet: Sharp as cheddar.
- The time Shawn was trying to alert the police to a chop shop by faking a vision and describing it like a scene from a horror movie.Shawn: Victims! I see victims everywhere! It's HORRIBLE! Sawed-off parts strewn about! Fluids spraying in every direction!Vick: Oh, dear God!O'Hara: Are we talking about a serial killer?Shawn: I see the victims' names! Accord! Look out!Gus: Get outta there!Shawn: Escalade! Don't let him in the door! Oh, Camry, you were too young to go...O'Hara: Are we talking about cars?
- "Black and Tan: A Crime of Fashion" and the hilarious model powerwalk down the alley.
- All of the unnecessary powerwalks - with pumping music! - as Shawn solved the murder on stage.
- "I beg your pardon? My name is Black. His name is Tan. I can't believe you just made that assumption. You should be ashamed of yourself and your family."
- In "Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead", Shawn is trying to find camera blindspots, while Gus checks the camera. Gus's entire running conversation is hilarious, particularly when Shawn mutes him to hit on the assistant curator.Gus: You're muting me for the first interesting thing that's happened? [Begins imitating Shawn] Look at me, look at me! I love my hair! I can make obscure 80s references that nobody understands! Hey, know something about me? I have a motorcycle but I never seem to be riding it!
Shawn: Dude, he took that van!Film Girl: The mummy?Gus: Great, now we got a mummy on the loose and the son of a bitch knows how to drive stick?
- This exchange:
- Gus running away when they see the mummy on the monitor.
- The Christmas Episode:Lassiter: OK, who keeps telling people I want snow globes for Christmas?!
- From 2x11, "There's Something About Mira", Shawn and Gus are at the batting cages. Shawn tells Gus that this guy has been following them around all day, and they decide to get his attention. Shawn picks up a ball, moves to the entrance of the batting cage, and throws it at the man; it hits the pole behind the guy and bounces off into the distance while the stranger remains oblivious. Gus scoffs and pushes Shawn aside:Gus: Let me show you how it's done. Watch out. (He hurls the ball as hard as he can... only for it to hit the fence over the opening, ricochet over their heads, and roll into the depths of the batting cage.)Shawn: That very well may be the most humiliating moment of your life.
Mira's mother: I like my men like I like my wine—white and...hairy.Shawn:...That makes no sense. At all.
- There's also Mira's mother trying to flirt with Shawn, much to his confusion.
- In "If You're So Smart Then Why Are You Dead?", Juliet practicing her interrogation techniques on Lassiter.Juliet: If you confess now, and name your accomplices, I will let the DA know you cooperated and maybe, just maybe, no guarantees, JUST MAYBE! ..they'll cut you a break. *beat* (pushes over a chair)Lassiter: That's terrible.
- This exchange from "Lassie Did a Bad Bad Thing" will have you rolling for the tone alone:Shawn: You really want to know my method?
Shawn: It usually starts with a Holla!, and ends with a creamsicle.
Gus: And if there's time in the middle? ThunderCats. Hooo!
- From "Gus Walks Into A Bank": The hostage negotiator is rambling on and on about his family and making really ineffectual promises. The hostage taker obviously gets the insincerity behind it and rolls his eyes. It's funnier than it sounds!
- One word: Manboobs. Every time Shawn asks Juliet if the Hostage Negotiator has them. The other officers listening in are laughing as well.
- On their ride to save the "bank robber's" wife, Shawn grills Juliet about her dating Luntz, and Juliet defends her attraction to him in great detail. Lassiter finally has to remind them, in the flattest, most deadpan voice possible, "You two know I'm in the van, right?"
- In "Disco Didn't Die. It Was Murdered!", the B-plot involves Jules and Lassiter trying to decide which of them gets to take the super-exciting diamond smuggling case and which takes a seemingly boring permit violations case. Eventually they decide to con McNab into taking the "lead" in the permits case while they go off and catch the smugglers... and get hit with Laser-Guided Karma hard. First they end up accidentally tracking down the wrong smugglers and get themselves attacked by dozens of angry illegally transported wild marmosets (turns out they don't like being shot at), while McNab's "boring" case turns out to involve real-life pirates. So naturally, they con McNab into giving them back the now-interesting case - only to catch up with the criminals only a mile outside their jurisdiction, and end up forced by the coastguard to stay in the smallest, most nauseatingly turbulent room in their boat. The fact that McNab is his usual lovably dimwitted self and has no idea that the two tricked him and how karma keeps giving him his unwitting just deserts makes it all the funnier.
- In "Six Feet Under the Sea", a local aquatic celebrity is murdered. When Shawn and Gus are in the police station after being detained for breaking into the aquarium to look for evidence, Lassie grills them for info— not realizing that the murder victim was a sea lion, not a human.Lassie: I'm going to kill you, Spencer.Shawn: I never told you the victim was not a sea lion.
Lassie: Give me the victim's name.Shawn: Shabby.Lassie: Shabby. Is that a street name?Gus: It's more of a given name.Lassie: Last name?Gus: He doesn't have one.Lassie: Do not play with me.Shawn: Can I spell it?Lassie: I don't care.Shawn: T-H-E...Lassie: T-H-E...Shawn: S-E-A...Lassie: S-E-A...Shawn: L-I-O... N...Lassie: L-I-O-N... "Thesealion"? What is that? French?Gus: Pinniped.Lassie: Pinniped? Never heard of it. All right, description?Shawn: Black.Lassie: Black. Height and weight?Shawn: Six, seven hundred pounds.Lassie: Jeez, Louise!Shawn: Listen, can you get a body exhumed?Lassie: Of course I can. As long as I'm in on the autopsy.
- It's more humorous and surprising that he didn't understand all the obvious hints before The Reveal.
Shawn:And I've been doing something I like to call "stalling." And Rutger Hauer calls "schtalling."Criminal: Why?Gus: ...Because he's Dutch.
- From the same episode, Shawn and Gus are talking to the criminals about various things to buy time for the police to arrive, leading to this exchange:
- In 3x12 "Earth, Wind and...Wait for It...", Shawn and Gus have a rather awesome moment when they walk out of a burning building, both carrying an unconscious person each, all while victorious music plays in the background. However, Reality Ensues quickly after, and when Juliet and Lassie come over to ask what happened, Shawn and Gus spend a good thirty seconds hacking their lungs up before they can answer.
- In 3x14 "Truer Lies", Shawn pretends to be Juliet telling him that she wishes Gus was dead so that she could be his partner in the Psych detective business. For some reason Gus believes him ("That's messed up") despite knowing how much of a The Gadfly Shawn is. Juliet's own appalled expression clinches it.
- The Scooby-Dooby Doors gag with Shawn, Gus, and Gus' sister, Joy ( who had a fling with Shawn and was trying to sneak in his room. Shawn did so as well, which attracted Gus, causing Joy and Shawn to avoid Gus as they try to find each other leading to the gag), all to the tune of "Santa Baby".
- Then afterwards Shawn goes downstairs and spots a black wise man to his surprise; his reaction is priceless.
- It comes up later.
- Then afterwards Shawn goes downstairs and spots a black wise man to his surprise; his reaction is priceless.
- Shawn: I can say without a doubt that this is the most pain I have ever been in my life, so if you wouldn't mind turning around I would very much like to weep.
- Shawn convinces Gus to dodge security lasers in "Extradition: British Columbia":Shawn: Those are Canadian lasers!
- At the very end of the episode, when Despereaux tells Shawn that he's often fantasized about breaking out of prison. Look at the guy's face.
- Another from the episode, believing Despereaux is about to point a gun at him, Shawn quickly... hides behind a pillow.
- The look of utter shock, dismay and even hurt on Lassiter's face when he gloats on how, after all these years, he's finally caught the master thief...and Despereaux reveals he has no idea who Lassiter is.
- In one episode, Shawn asks Henry for advice on what to do if his partner (Gus) is wrong, and he (Shawn) knows it. Henry tells Shawn to tell Gus that he's wrong, but to do so in the most respectful manner possible. Cut to much later, when Shawn confronts Gus:Shawn: You were wrong, wrong wrong wrong! Finger guns! *points at Gus* Wrong! *makes bang sound* Wrong! *bang sound* In your weenie! *bang sound*Gus: Shawn, put down the finger guns.
Father Wesley: She's lying. To get us to leave.Shawn: Well, if I woke up and there were two random dudes and a priest standing over me, I'd lie too.
- This exchange when the "possessed" girl says she doesn't need any help.
Shawn: Bum bum bum... Muffins/Wafers/Hooo-oooly Ghoooost.
- From the same episode, Shawn's jingles.
- Father Wesley actually liked that one.
- "You Can't Handle This Episode".Shawn: Major-General.Felts: Yes?Shawn: Oh, no, I don't need anything. I just like to say "Major General". [To Gus] Try it.Gus: No, Shawn.Shawn: Gus, just try it.Gus: No!Shawn: Dude, just try it.Gus: Major General! [beat, then he smiles]
- This exchange is even funnier.
- The goofiness of the smile sells it.
- This exchange from the same episode is possibly even funnier:Felts: That kind of idiocy will not be tolerated on my base!Shawn: Is there another kind of idiocy you would prefer?
- Shawn immediately shuts up when he sees the General's expression.
- Shawn copying an imprisoned crime lord's (played by Arnold Vosloo) accent.
- He was just trying to speak the man's language...
- Gus's reaction when he is introduced with his real name.
- In "Shawn Gets the Yips", Lassiter is interviewed for the news, so Shawn and Gus hold a contest to see who can get on camera the most, in the most ridiculous ways possible.Lassie: KNOCK IT OFF!
- In "High Top Fade Out", Shawn singing "If Jesus was our manager, He would bring us all together."
- Lassiter spends most of "Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark" pointing out how working with Henry is exactly like working with Shawn, and we get this exchange in the climax.(Henry grabs Lassiter's gun, and Shawn is hanging onto the hood of the car)Lassiter: SPENCER, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!Shawn: HEY, WHICH SPENCER ARE YOU TALKING TO?!Lassiter: IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU'RE THE SAME PERSON!!!Shawn: ARE NOT!
Henry: Hang on, Shawn!
- Also from that episode, Henry's Captain Obvious moment:
Shawn: Great idea, dad. I was thinking of not doing that.
- After the Cold Open in "Thrill Seekers & Hell Raisers":1989 Shawn: (After his dad stops him and Gus from trying to attempt to go BASE jumping on the roof) One day I won't be living in your house! Then I'll be able to take any risk I want!1989 Henry: You know what? When you and Gus are 30 years old you can go out and be as wild and reckless as you want.(Cut to the present 20 years later: Shawn and Gus are holding bunnies)Shawn: Best idea ever.Gus: People say our intense love of bunnies is creepy at our age, but history will prove them to be heartless bastards.
Shawn: Samson, that's just a great name. Straight out of film noir: an old detective who drinks hard but loves even harder. Or go with me here: (In a high-pitched voice with a British accent) Samson, a tiny little orphan mouse who must find his way home to Wolverhampton.Gus: Or Samson the legendary figure from the Bible?Shawn: No, that doesn't work. All those guys have names like Ben-Hur and Prometheus.Gus: You have never read the Bible have you?Shawn: (scoffs and proceeds to name the first fourbooks in the Bible) Genesis, Exorcist, Leviathan note , Deuuuuu... [do] the right thing.Gus: Oh, my gosh.Lassiter: Stop talking!
- And the part involving the name "Samson" and Shawn's ignorance about the Bible:
- While the episode "Mr. Yin Presents..." is mostly an atypically grim episode, there is Shawn's hilariously surreal dream sequence involving Henry as an usher, Juliet as Marion Crane, and Lassiter as Norman/Mrs. Bates.
- Plus, Mary making a hat for Ben, the mouse from the Mr. Yang episode, with Gus' $20 bill.
- In the small town of Dual Spires, none of the townspeople understand Shawn's pop culture references. Eventually, out of annoyance, he asks what shows they have watched. Their suspect revealed the town gets together every Tuesday to watch reruns of Everwood, which Shawn replies he could work with that. He does manage do and is even acknowledged by the suspect for it.
"I loved Paula!" (lies down and caresses her earring while staring at it intensely)
- The whole episode is CMOF, even for those who have never seen Twin Peaks.
Randy: Who are you?Shawn: A couple of guys with a passion for the truth.Gus: And cinnamon.
- Most of Shawn and Gus' dialogue, too, since they clearly only rolled into town to enjoy the cinnamon festival (they take their cinnamon very seriously) and just end up sucked into a veritable vortex of weirdness.
Shawn: We came to investigate, catch bad guys and eat pie.Gus: Not necessarily in that order.Shawn: And it hasn't been.Gus: No.Shawn: We started with the pie.Gus: Always.
Gus: "Worst cinnamon festival ever!"
- And of course:
- In "Ferry Tale", when Shawn and Gus come upon the tied-up guard, Shawn announces, with portentous gravitas, "This is a prison break!", you can distinctly see the (still tied) guard make a "well duh!" expression.
- After the emotionally draining events of the Season 5 finale, Lassiter remarks about how it would take more than that to effect him. However, as he's walking down the stairs alone after this declaration, he pauses and the audience is expecting him to show some kind of reaction to all the things that has happened thus far, but he just shakes his head a little and then goes on his way. The scene then changes to Shawn and Juliet having a touching moment alone in an unused interrogation room, ending with Shawn kissing Juliet's hand... and then the camera pans out and we see that Lassiter was watching from the other side of the mirror, completely shocked, and wanders away in a daze while scratching his head with what appears to be an empty coffee mug.
- "One, Maybe Two, Ways Out": where after tracking down the elusive former spy Strobinski for the second time, they have the following conversation.Strobinski: ...could you take your shoes off? New place, [fancy name] carpets, they say its stain resistant but I don't trust them, I don't trust them at all... (Shawn and Gus begin to take off shoes), now while you're at it, in the next ten seconds why don't you tell me why you're here or else I'm gonna set you both on fire without even striking a match.Shawn: Whoa, easy buddy...Strobinski: Hey, I just moved in here. Come on! They've got a laundry, they've got an awesome pool! Well, it's not awesome, it's circular, you can't even swim laps in it, but it's a pool. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a body decoy that works? This one's too fat, this one's too skinny. This guy's just right, but he's an Eskimo.
- In "Romeo and Juliet and Juliet", where Gus steps up big time when Shawn tries to talk his way into a children's martial art class and the owner, not entirely unexpectedly, objects to this:Shawn: That's what I call, uh...
Gus: Discrimination. And ageism.
Owner: Who are you?
Gus: I'm his lawyer.
Owner: You brought a lawyer?
Shawn: I keep a lawyer on retainer at all times; there is so much injustice in the world you practically can't leave the house without one. And apparently today it paid off.
Owner: Right. Ok, well I will see you in court then. Now—
Gus: Perfect. I'll need a statement from you, and since I intend to try this in both civil and criminal court, I'll need the police here as well. May I use your phone? Or do you only let the white people use that?
Owner: Who said anything about white people?!
Gus: You just did.
Owner: The words 'white people' did not come out of my mouth.
Gus: There they are again. Luckily I had my hand recorder on for that one. [Produces a hand recorder] By the way, I am now disclosing this conversation is being recorded.
Owner: Recorded?! Okay, this is crazy!
Gus: Crazy? You wanna know crazy? I sued 300 businesses last year alone. I sued a hot dog cart and got everything but the wheels and the buns, which I won in the civil case two months later.
Shawn: Dude? [Shawn and Gus confer to one side] I think he gets it now.
Gus: I know. But the words are coming out of my mouth faster than I can think of them.
Shawn: Bring it home.
Gus: [To the owner] Now if you don't mind, before I start snapping evidence photos, I'm a little parched. [Turns to a pair of drinking fountains, one of which is clearly sized for children] Can you tell me which one of these fountains I'm allowed to use?
Owner: That one. [Indicates the adult fountain]
Gus: Death Glare
Owner: [Frantic backtracking] I mean... you pick, sir.
- In "Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part", Despereaux sneaks out of prison in the back of Shawn and Gus' car. When Gus objects, he nonchalantly mentions that that being the case he'd regrettably have to try out his new shiv on them - but assures Gus he would only cut him in a non-fatal, mostly painless way that would heal in weeks. The cheerfully friendly/smarmy way he says it is what sells it, and even Shawn gets into the act:"Given the circumstances, that is pretty fair."
- A small exchange between Shawn, Gus, and two counterparts of themselves as older people.Everybody: She's lying.Shawn: How'd you know she was lying?Older duo: She's a woman!
- Shawn, Gus, and their older counterparts are arguing about how to get into a guarded room. Shawn and the two older guys start coming up with increasingly absurd plans. Gus cuts in with "Why don't we just go outside and look for an open window?". Gilligan Cut to them doing exactly that.
- Lassiter's tap dancing.
- A major highlight is that it helps him with thinking when he does it, so at one point, he exclaims "I know who the Westside rapist is!" He then remembers he's surrounded by children...
- Jules when Lassie's sister is filming an investigation:Jules: Wow, I guess we know what the polar bear would do for a Klondike bar!...(beat)...I thought my character would have a joke...
- When Shawn is in the hospital after being poisoned, no one seems to care, and make fun of him because he was "barely poisoned". Also, his dad rips out his IV.
- During an investigation that allegedly involves an alien abduction, Shawn and Gus turn to an old friend of theirs from grade school, who hacks into Lassiter's computer for them, and they look at his browser history:Dennis: Let's see....GrenadeFancy.com, SquirrelAssassins.com and...that's gross.Gus: That man needs Jesus.
- In "This Episode Sucks", Shawn as the Vampire Lestat and Gus as Count Chocula... er, Blacula.
Juliet: Slap Gus as hard as you can and meet me at the hospital.Shawn: Copy that. [takes position in front of Gus] Alright, listen up, buddy. This hurts me way more than it hurts you.[Shawn winds up for a slap. Gus instinctively punches him in the chest, and Shawn keels over]Henry: Welcome back, Guster.
- From the same episode. Corey Feldman's cameo. He turns around in dramatic slow motion, and the background music immediately transitions into "Cry Little Sister".
- None of the guys believing a woman finds Lassiter attractive and everyone getting shocked by Henry revealing he watches Jersey Shore.
- Gus getting excited when he and Shawn get to announce a vampire was the killer.
- Gus getting blood sprayed on him and going catatonic.
Juliet: ...Oh, great. Now we have to carry Two guys out of here.
- Lassie reveals he managed to incapacitate the killer and avoid having his blood sucked because he has been building up a tolerance for chloroform over the last fifteen years. Gus doesn't believe it and tries the chloroform soaked cloth... only to pass out immediately.
- "You kiss her, you die," from "Shawn and the Real Girl".
- From "Dead Man's Curveball", Shawn sped up.
- Also from the same episode, Shawn stealing a guy's pants for a urine sample.
- From "Indiana Shawn":Shawn: I think what this woman is trying to say here, Gus, is that you can suck it.Woman: No, no, Im not saying that.Shawn: Im paraphrasing.Gus: Do you even know what paraphrase means?Shawn: It means suck it please, Gus.Gus: It doesnt mean suck it please, Gus.
Shawn: Hey you! Get your damn hands off her!Gus: Really? You're quoting Back to the Future?
- Shawn's response to seeing two thugs harassing a woman in an alleyway?
Gus: You go on trip with the intention of proposing and don't tell me, your oldest and blackest friend?
- From the same episode we get this:
Shawn: What are you, my boss?Gus: I'm your conscience.Shawn: Tony Cox is my conscience.Gus What?
- And a nice Call-Back to "Polarizing Express":
Shawn: This can't — this can't be right. He's dead. He's... ah... I've never — I've never lost anyone close to me before. In my entire life... How stupid sad is this? People die. It's awful. And unfair. And... and... Gus is going to die!
- Shawn's utter failure in trying to be Indiana Jones.
- At one point, everyone believes Pierre Despereaux to be dead, and Shawn is called upon to deliver a eulogy. Things... get a bit emotional.
Gus: I'm not going to die, Shawn.
Shawn: You are. Soon. Definitely before me if statistics prove correct. [Gus begins to look mournful] Which is so wrong, because I'm practically asking for it.
Gus: [sobs] People are going to miss me so much...
Shawn: My dad said this would happen. I guess I was wrong, and I should say that now because God knows your minutes are severely limited.
[Shawn begins sobbing into the shoulder of the minister officiating the funeral]
- In The Shining parody episode, "Heeeeere's Lassie", Lassiter chases Gus around with a Saber and tries to do the famous door hacking scene but it barely makes a hole.Lassiter: You know, this might take a while so why don't you help a brother out and open the door?
- There's also the hilarity that Henry - the very reasonable, "everything has a logical explanation that you're just not seeing yet" Henry - being totally on board with the "Lassie's apartment is haunted" theory.
- From "Shawn Rescues Darth Vader":Gus: "That woman wears loyalty like a micro miniskirt."Shawn: "What?"
"Does Russell Brand count?"
- Shawn's hilariously bad generic imitation of a British Accent. "Where are your shoes?"
- And naming the media he got it from: Peter Pan, Phineas and Ferb, the gecko Geico commercials.
"Now get the hell out of my car!"
- When told he doesn't know much about the UK, Shawn says he knows about the good stuff: Morrissey, Gwyneth Paltrow, Leprechauns.
- Gus not wanting to be caught alone with an eleven year old.
- "Last Night Gus":
- Shawn attempting to give a speech at the retirement party of a cop he didn't know.
- Gus freaking out after seeing his car messed up.
- Lassiter and Woody waking up together: "Nothing we did was wrong."
- "It's hard out there for a pimp."
- The assassination of Bobo.
- "MY BABY!"
- "You put some sunglasses on!"
- Leroy Jenkins.
- The gay bartenders driving Lassie's stolen car.
- Shawn getting mistaken for gay after unwittingly using double entendres and being very touchy-feely when speaking with a male cop, making him think he was being hit on.
- In the same episode, Shawn offends the officer when he mistakes the tattoo the guy has on his arm as a picture of a Bullmastiff. It's actually a picture of the guy's grandmother.
- In "Neil Simon's Lover's Retreat" when Juliet tells Shawn to stop acting like a child: "I'm not acting!"
- "True Grits" When Shawn declines to take on a case, saying that he and Gus are very busy, Reveal Shot shows they had just been playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
- In "Let's Doo-Wop It Again", Marlowe decides to help Lassiter out on a case. She does so by punching him and getting dragged away screaming. And naturally, Lassiter is so proud of his girl and more in love with her than ever. That scene probably belongs under Heartwarming Moments and Moment of Awesome, too.
- A few in "Shawn Interrupted."
Shawn: All I have to do is get Bethel in front of those cameras when he exposes himself.Gus: Right idea. Wrong choice of words.
- Shawn, that's not the right plant. No, that's not it either. It's the one on the table, Shawn.
- Ask my partner Gus! He's here too, dressed as an orderly named Suggs! He drives a blueberry! (Done while trying to convince orderlies he wasn't crazy. It didn't help.)
- Fear of loud noises, fear of crowds, fear of saxophones.
- "Three Raspberry Razzmatazzes, and can you throw in a Sanity Boost for my friend over there?"
- This exchange early in the episode:
- The very end, when Lassiter and Juliet break in on a very strange scene. Gus is dancing to saxophone music, Bethel is rocking back and forth yelling to make it stop, his brother is trying to restrain him and fight Shawn at the same time. The look on Lassie's face says it all.
- In "Juliet Takes a Luvvah" Shawn and Lassiter must act quick to avoid blowing Juliet's cover so Shawn throws his arms around Lassie and decides to act as a gay couple.Lassie: What are you doing get your meat hooks off of me.Shawn: Do you wanna blow her cover? Put your arms around me! Come on sell it! Rub my back at a medium pace.Lassie: You're an idiot.Shawn: Make it tender!Lassie: I'm being tender!
- When trying to get at the body guard of Julian Drake, author of the book Feed Everyone.Drake: You want this signed?Shawn: Yes, please.Drake: This isn't my book.Shawn: Oh really? My mistake.Drake: This is Everyone Poops.
- "Lassie Jerky" is presented as Found Footage, and every shot is depicted as coming from an in-universe camera. Near the end, Shawn has one of his memory flashbacks to a tattoo on one of the bodies Gus found earlier. At the end of the episode, when it's revealed that Shawn edited together everyone's footage to make the episode, Woody compliments him for editing in part of Gus's footage from earlier for dramatic effect.
Lassiter: "I will not be toyed with!" *clank*
- From the same episode: Lassie stepping on a beartrap and everything that follows.
- "No Country For Two Old Men" is particularly funny when you consider that James Roday is part Hispanic.
- In "Juliet Wears the Pantsuit," she mocks a shirt Shawn gave her that has the word "Fashion" in bold letters on the front. Later, she has all her clothes stolen...except that shirt. Finally, when the outfit she was wearing is ruined, she is forced to wear that shirt to work the next day. Everyone's reactions really sell the entire thing.
- "Office Space":
Gus: "What? Dorian Creech is dead? Oh, no. Oh, no! Oh, n— no."Jules: You knew this man?"Gus: Of course. Dorian Creech. I work here."Jules: You still work here?Gus: Life is so fleeting. One day you see a man alive, yesterday. And then today, without seeing him at all in between, he's dead. Hark the herald angels."
- Gus's "tampering" with the crime scene. Epic Fail doesn't begin to describe it.
- Shawn helped...
- Gus' hammy Bad "Bad Acting" when arriving at the crime scene the next morning after the aforementioned "tampering."
Jules: "Tell me this hasn't gotten any further out of control."Shawn: "Of course not!"Jules: "Are you being honest?"Shawn: (looks over to where Woody the Coroner is tied up on their couch) "...No."
- "Oh, my God... are you carrying Spencer's unborn demon-seed?"
- This exchange:
Woody: "I can't be trusted! I'll tell anyone! I've already got my phone out!"Shawn: "Woody, you're calling ME!"Woody: "Don't answer it!"
- Woody telling Shawn that he can't keep his secret:
Woody: "I will sing like a canary to anyone who will listen."Jules: *slaps the tape back on*
- When Jules discovers Woody tied up on Shawn's couch she angrily declares that this has gone far enough and she's setting him free. She pulls out his gag and rips the tape off:
- Gus's "tampering" with the crime scene. Epic Fail doesn't begin to describe it.
- Lassiter's wedding. Oh my god. First, it turns out that the accountant he's been chasing is a licensed justice of the peace ("Fortuitous."), then the wedding gets crashed by gun-toting mobsters. Not only does the groom pull a gun from an ankle holster, but so does one of the bridesmaids (Juliet), and the wedding band (cops, all of them). Then the mob boss decides to run, and gets run down by McNabb... not wearing any pants (he's moonlighting as a stripper).Shawn: ... that's happening.
- Then there's the fact that the run up to the wedding itself involves an epic hallway fight, a kidnapping, a transgender stripper, and a botched prisoner swap.
- "Turn Right of Left For Dead:" After Jules finds out Shawn's secret and dumps him, Shawn grows so depressed that he somehow ends up in a Swedish murder mystery, chasing a girl with serious daddy issues...
- Shawn names alt!Lassiter's dog "Lassiter Jr, Lassie for short."
- "YOU SAID IT WAS CAKE MIX!"
- In "S.E.I.Z.E. the Day", Shawn theorizes that the killer is going after a-holes, he then suddenly says someone is in very grave danger. He pulls out his cell-phone and calls his dad to "warn" him.
- Juliet congratulating Lassiter on his wife's pregnancy. She jumps up and down and squeals a little while hugging him with one arm... because her free arm is training her gun on a suspect, as is Lassiter's. They share a happy moment, then simultaneously snap back into serious mode and focus all their attention on the suspect.
- "1967: A Psych Odyssey": After Lassiter gets promoted to Chief, Juliet badgers him into sitting down at his desk and pretending to answer the phone as "Chief Lassiter". And when he finally does it, she squeals.
Lassiter: God. Please let it not be Trout. Amen.Everyone else: Amen.
- From the beginning of the episode, when Shawn, Gus, Lassiter, and Juliet are talking about why they're there.
- "Shawn and Gus Truck Things Up": Shawn and Gus reminisce about eating tacos from their favorite taco stand. This scene shows them eating the tacos while frolicking through a field of flowers, riding a bike, and getting massages.
Gus: "The house that my mother and father were arrested in? The house where my father was hiding in the basement while my mother was out betting on horses? The house where you slept with my sister?"Shawn: "That did not happen in the house."Gus: "You slept with my sister, Shawn."Shawn: "We didn't really sleep, Gus. Why do you do this to yourself? Why do you always bring this up when you know it upsets you? I can't change the past, and I wouldn't, because it was great. You should be proud of her!"
- Lassiter has declared war on food trucks. "Food trucks are unsanitary, unnecessary, and borderline anarchist. They're like Caligula, with a little less fornication."
- Shawn and Gus trying to give Lassiter and Marlowe advice on babies they learned from various movies. That includes Gus telling them that, if the baby has "Beelzebub eyes", they should "think about what's best for the world". Lassie's not amused by that comment.
- Gus trying to park where the other food trucks are and accidentally running over Mauricio's shrine. And failing when trying to rush to the hospital in the truck.
- Gus still hasn't forgiven Shawn for sleeping with Joy.
- Lassiter is very bad at taking care of his practice baby.
- Gus getting mad when he realizes Shawn stole a bunch of his toys when they were children. And later taking his toy back from the baby.
- "Hey, Vito ... Kill anybody lately?"
- Shawn and Gus' food truck makes no money because they keep eating their own food and food they make is very unusual.
- The labor/birth scene
- Shawn complains about not being allowed to jump on the bed or climb out of the window, and Henry tells him to just let it go. As soon as he leaves the room, Shawn jumps on the bed, and ends up and damaging the wall, escaping by climbing out of the window.
- In "A Touch of Sweevil", Lassie actually encourages Shawn and Gus to take their psychic act Up to Eleven (then Fifteen) in hopes that the two of them will scare off the seemingly wholesome new Head Detective that the Mayor is forcing him to hire. His utter glee at the ensuing insanity is hilarious to watch. His strategy ultimately backfires - the new Head Detective turns out to be even wackier than Shawn, and his tolerance for Shawn's antics just convinces her that she's in the right place.
- Plus we have the she is more or less a female Lassie. Lassie's face just lights up as he realizes this, while Gus and Shawn are just disturbed to have to deal with 2 Lassies now
- The last scene in which Shawn's proposal is interrupted by him talking to Gus and, at the very end, someone steals the ring and runs off with it.
- Gus quits his job to be with Shawn in San Fran we see a montage of him going back and forth, each more embarrassing than the last, in the end he admits he did this 12 times
- In the Bloopers of season one, whenever Shawn or Gus would mess, up they would flail their arms, fake scream/cry, and run away. It's a lot funnier than it sounds.
- Whenever someone mistakes Gus for Bud from The Cosby Show.
- Most of the "Psych-outs". Timothy Omundson (Lassiter) likes having fun with these, by engaging in rampant Out Of Character Moments, such as "I overshot my maaark!", and imitating Michael Caine.
Boys: "Let me lick you up and down, 'til you say stop ..."Juliet: "Stop."Boys: "Let me play with your body, baby, make you real hot ..."Juliet: "No."
- "Axe. Even the bees can't get enough."
- Shawn and Gus serenade to Juliet who is wearing a ridiculous costume:
- Gus' lame pickup line: "You hear what happened to Pluto? That's messed up." It's referenced by Shawn a few seasons later.
- Used again by Gus in "Psych the Musical"
Psych The Movie
- At a planetarium party, Gus encounters a woman in a "Nine Planet Solar System" T-shirt and prepares to start flirting with her, only to be shocked when she starts flirting with him instead. But the kicker is when he introduces himself and Shawn:
Shawn: That...that came out wrong.
- And don't forget Gus flipping his words when invited to look at the telescope: