Anthony T. "Tony" Todd (December 4, 1954-) is an American actor, best known for his deep, gravelly voice, large stature, and roles as the eponymous character in Candyman and as William Bludworth in the Final Destination films.
He is, perhaps, the Scary Black Man of Hollywood.
- Platoon (1986) — Warren
- Colors (1988) — Vietnam veteran
- Lean on Me (1989) — Mr. Wright
- Night of the Living Dead (1990) — Ben
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1990-1991) — Kurn, son of Mogh
- Candyman (1992) — The Candyman
- The Crow (1994) — Grange
- Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh (1995) — Candyman
- The Rock (1996) — Cpt. Darrow
- Wishmaster (1997) — Johnny Valentine
- Babylon Five: A Call to Arms (1999) — Captain Leonard Anderson
- Candyman: Day of the Dead (1999) — Candyman
- Final Destination (2000) — Mr. Bludworth
- Scarecrow Slayer (2003) — Caleb Kilgore
- Hatchet (2006) — Rev. Zombie
- The Man from Earth (2007) — Dan
- 24 (2008 - 2009)— General Benjamin Juma.
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) — The Fallen
- Hatchet II (2010) — Rev. Zombie
- Transformers Prime — Dreadwing
- The Flash (2015) — Zoom (voice)
- Reign of the Supermen (2019) — Darkseid
- Cast as a Mask: His distinctive voice was used for Zoom in The Flash (2014) to keep the real actor under the mask secret.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Whenever he plays a villain.
- Magical Negro: In the Final Destination films, his character seems to know more than everyone else about Death's plans and how to foil them. Played with in that his advice is not meant to enrich those characters' lives.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: While he's probably best known for his role as the murderous and imposing Candyman many actors who've worked with him as well as fans have said he's a very cordial and genial man.
- Playing Against Type: As the superhero Icon in Young Justice.
- And as Big Good Admiral Briggs in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Played with in Criminal Minds where he plays a convicted criminal that scares the hell out of Reid. He turned out to be a Red Herring to a more vicious criminal.
- The adult Jake Sisko in an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, perhaps his most dramatically demanding role ever.
- Eddie, a blind blues guitarist in a modernized version of Frankenstein.
- As the Vortigaunts in Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
- Scary Black Man: Many of his roles, but perhaps none moreso than the Candyman.