Frankenstein is a 2015 updated adaptation of Frankenstein, directed by Bernard Rose, the same guy who directed Candyman. The story is set in Los Angeles, and told from the perspective of the Monster. Abandoned after creation, he is confronted by violence from the world around him and must learn how to cope with the horrifying reality of humanity.
This movie provide examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Murder: Adam kills Wanda, a friendly prostitute, by snapping her spine. Then he accidentally Eddie, the blind homeless man and his only friend.
- When Victor tries to kill Adam, Elizabeth tries to stop him, only for Victor accidentally slice her neck open.
- Boom, Headshot!: Office Banks shoots Adam in the head to avenge the cop he brutally kills. Unfortunately, this does not kill Adam.
- The Cameo: Tony Todd appears in this movie as a blind homeless man who Adam befriends.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength
- Parental Abandonment
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Shoot the Dog: A literal and tragic example. The stray dog that Adam befriended get shot by police trying to arrest him. In response, Adam beats the cop to death.