A 1996 American action comedy film.
Archie Moses (Adam Sandler) is a small time street thug for a large drug importer and car dealer Frank Colton (James Caan), who is befriended by an undercover cop named Rock Keats (Damon Wayans). The latter is naturally seeking evidence against Colton. During a raid on Colton's warehouse, Archie accidentally shoots Jack in the head but he miraculously survives and makes a full recovery. Archie then flees the state, and is subsequently arrested later. Jack is assigned the task of returning Archie to testify against Colton.
- Book Ends: At the start of the movie, Keats saves Moses from the gigantic muscular boyfriend of the woman Moses was trying to hit on. At the end, Keats saves Moses from the three gigantic muscular boyfriends of the women Moses was trying to hit on.
- Corrupt Hick: With his cowboy hat, gold jacket and bombastic voice, Colton could easily pass for a corrupt Texas Senator.
- The Dragon: Bledsoe (played by Robert Swenson) is Colton's bodyguard and go-to thug.
- Don't Tell Mama: Keats goes along in lying to Archie's mother in order to help reassure her.
- I Never Told You My Name: Moses proves the two FBI agents work for Colton when he says one of their full names outloud despite never hearing it.
- Moe Greene Special: Moses shoots one of Colton's guards right through his sunglasses, and follows it up by saying "Gross, right in the fucking eyeball!"
- Non-Action Guy: Moses may be a street thug, but he's definitely a brains-not-brawn type of thug.
- Odd Couple: Keats (a cop) has to spend much of the picture protecting Archie (a criminal) and bringing him in to testify.
- Parody Archie singing the song from The Bodyguard here.
- The Stoner: Moses' mom's fondness of marijuana is a running gag through the movie.