The character page for Total Drama Tokyo. Unmarked spoilers ahead, so beware.
Chris Mclean - The Host with the MostChris is the host of the show. He's cynical, sarcastic, lazy, sadistic, and a Jerkass.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dude, Not Funny!: Several things he does to the contestants qualify.
- Jerkass: Needless to say, he's not too nice of a guy.
Chef Hatchet - The Scary ChefChef Hatchet is the camp's chef. He is often shown doing humiliating things, much to his chagrin, and is usually found with Chris.
Total Drama Tokyo features twenty-two original characters.
Anderson - The Troublemaker
- Butt-Monkey: Anderson's time on the show is pretty rough.
- Fiery Redhead
- Jerkass: Anderson really isn't the nicest contestant around, and spends most of his time being a jerk to other people For the Evulz.
- Messy Hair
- Naked People Are Funny: Appears naked many times, for Rule of Funny.
- Older Than They Look: Looks like a 12-year-old.
- Redhead In Green
Ari - The Awkward Sweetheart
- Closet Geek: Tolkien comes across her Luncheons and Laggins cards at one point, and she also demonstrates a considerable amount of Pokemon knowledge in the ensuing challenge.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Is this to Roz.
- The Cutie
- Love Triangle: With Tolkien and Roz for a brief period of time.
- Nice Girl: Usually, but Roz knows how to push her buttons.
- Odd Friendship: With Roz.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Rejecting Tolkien at his elimination and repeatedly voting for Roz both count.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Roz.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Roz's Tomboy
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In later episodes, repeatedly tries to vote out Roz, her best friend, although Roz was no saint in the interactions either.
Bennett - The Playa
- Ambiguously Brown: One of his nameless girls is this.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Revealed after his bangs are pushed to the side.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are covered due to his Justin Bieber hair, until he gets voted out.
- Flat Character: Bennett didn't really get that much development and was mostly created to be a throwaway gag/first boot.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He was the first contestant voted out, and had about 15 lines.
- Attention Whore: Pretty much the reason she acts like Chelsey.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Spends most of her time either making out with Puck or screaming at him.
- Drama Queen/Large Ham: Similar to Puck, most of the things Casey does are ridiculously dramatic.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Her label provides a pretty good analysis of her personality.
- Evil Redhead: Desires to be this, but is mostly just a...
- Fiery Redhead
- Loony Fan: Of Chelsey, the Alpha Bitch 5th placer of Total Drama Revolution.
- Ms. Fanservice: In-universe, Casey became this after she spontaneously gave herself a makeover... which happened to give Puck a Raging Stiffie.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Puck
- Tsundere: See Belligerent Sexual Tension.
Delia - The Violent Fanatic
- Dark and Troubled Past: The darkest of any of the characters from the series, especially since most of them are joke characters.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's definitely not a villain, despite her terrifying exterior.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm:Chris: Today's challenge involves big, furry creatures that have a possibility of injuring or killing you.Layla: My favorite kind of challenge.Delia: I know, right?
- Loners Are Freaks: Implied.
- The Quiet One: Delia only speaks a few times per chapter, usually preferring to silently creep people out.
Estrella - The Goth
- Tolkien: Do you think ANYTHING is cute, Estrella?Estrella: Blood. Centipedes crawling across people's skin. Knives flying out of nowhere and almost stabbing people's heads. Dead dogs in the highway. Vultures that eat human carcasses. Gory, grisly corpses hanging out to dry. Oh, and teddy bears.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: The token snarker of the season, taking Helga's role.
- Goth: An obvious one.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Helga from the earlier seasons. Both are antisocial, Deadpan Snarkers, and enjoy reading books.
- They eventually meet on the next season, and get along.
- Tsundere: Towards Julian.
Flora - Some Girl
- Breakout Character: The prime example of the entire story, and possibly even the entire series, her only competition is Layla. She later returns to the next story, Total Drama Superstar Showdown, for this reason.
- Expy: She's one of the author's past female slotfiller characters, such as Emilee, Mackenzie, and Mattie, but unlike them, she was intended to be boring.
- Flat Character: Flora is a parody of one.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Implied, especially with the quote above, and later expanded upon in the next season.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: Talks like this all the time, due to her simple personality.
Gail - The Animal Lover
- Bare Your Midriff
- Friend to All Living Things: Except sharks.
- Irony: Gail, who got angry at Flora for being boring, is infamously known as the most boring character of the story.
- Living Prop
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Second out and even less prominent than Bennett.
Horatio - The Jazz Cat
- Cool Shades
- Expy: Inspired by Horatio Sanz's character in the Catalina Wine Mixer scene of Step Brothers.
- Nice Guy
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Is forcibly removed from the game due to his saxophone playing summoning Dolph.
- Older Than They Look: This scene suggests this:Tolkien: All right, Horatio, you play video games, right?Horatio: Yeah, dog, totally. The SNES is what's big now, right?Estrella: ...Horatio, how old ARE you?
Isabel - The Ditz
- Brainless Beauty
- The Ditz: It's her label.
- The Dragon: To Layla, although she doesn't know it.
- Dumb Blonde: This was her original stereotype.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Is this to Layla, with hilarious results.
- Out of Focus: Isabel wasn't the most visible contestant.
- Too Dumb to Live: Initially seems to be this way, and is later implied to not entirely be the case.
Julian - The Rocker
- Black and Nerdy: Interested in video games and Tolkien's Luncheons and Laggins cards.
- Casanova Wannabe: He tries time and time again to flirt with Estrella, and she is never amused.
- Deadpan Snarker: Julian is one of the wittier contestants.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Until the next season, at least.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Towards Estrella, although how "nice" he really is is debatable.
- Expy: His crush on a goth girl who has no interest in him is reminiscent of Cody and Gwen.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Estrella.
- Lazy Bum: Implied in his pre-season biography and the first chapter, but he's not that lazy on the show.
- Unfortunate Names: His last name is Reddick. Puck noticed.
- Younger Than They Look: Julian is the tallest one in the cast and looks like he should be in college, but is 16 like the other contestants.
Kai - The Magician
- Camp Straight: Flamboyant, and Word of God says he has a high voice.
- Nerd Glasses
- Nerds Are Sexy: To Vivienne, apparently.
- Nice Guy: Kai is pretty friendly and docile.
- Official Couple: With Vivienne.
- Out of Focus: While Kai makes it to the final four, he doesn't really do much at all, and mostly just floats through the competition.
- Sibling Rivalry: He has a pretty big one with his brother, but it's only brought up a couple times outside of the biography.
Layla - The Rich Snob
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore: Being rich, Layla is used to having lots of attention focused on her.
- Berserk Button: When Charles doesn't get her something, which happens frequently...
- Bitch Alert: The quote above was one of the first things she said after being introduced.
- Breakout Character: The author thought she'd be disliked, if not hated, but she was easily the most popular contestant in the story.
- Butt-Monkey: Both her and Charles qualify as this, with Charles bordering on The Chew Toy.
- Card-Carrying Villain: See Laughably Evil.
- Catchphrase: "Charles, get me a ____", usually with some extremely ridiculous reason why after.
- Deadpan Snarker: Surprisingly sometimes, though Charles is usually the receiving end.
- Expy: Her bossiness, treatment of Isabel, and eventual win are very similar to Heather in Total Drama.
- HeelFace Turn: When she wins. Although, the next season she appears to be back to her old ways...
- Ice Queen
- Idle Rich: Layla's certainly rich, but not very active.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Doesn't like anyone, and manipulates Isabel.
- It's All About Me: She's extremely selfish, which makes her treat Charles like garbage.
- Jerkass Woobie: She seems to be depressed, despite how rich she is, but is so unpleasant that one forgets this.
- Large Ham
- Laughably Evil: Layla's awful, spoiled nature is constantly played for laughs.
- Manipulative Bitch: To Charles, Isabel, and... basically everyone else.
- Only in It for the Money: Strange, considering she already has tons and tons of money.
- Precision F-Strike:"FUCK! What, it's PG-13, and we're allowed to drop one F-bomb. Hehe, I took it from you guys. Ari, get me a latte."
- Punny Name: Her full name is Layla A (yes, just an A) Knee, a reference to one of the users on the wiki the story was posted, Lalainee.
- Rich Bitch: Basically the Trope Codifier. At least until the ending, where she wins money and gives it to Charles, her butler.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!:"You guys tell me that every day, but I really don't care. He's a jerk to me. He never gets me the stuff that I want. And since I'm rich, and pretty, by default I deserve to get everything I want."
- Spoiled Brat: Just see the quote directly above.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Justified because she wins, but she, Charles, and their gags are heavily focused on, especially post-merge.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of the Mini Dharmas.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In the final chapter, she somehow beats Roz and wins the million dollars, and decides to give it all to Charles. She reverts to her old self in the next season, though, missing Charles and forcing other contestants to do work for her.
Neal - The Smartass
- Deadpan Snarker: Not too pronounced, but occasionally.
- Expy: Of Neal from Freaks and Geeks.
- Extraverted Nerd
- Jewish and Nerdy
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Word of God says that Neal, being based on a beloved character from Freaks and Geeks, was supposed to be just like him and make it far, with funny lines and possibly the ventriloquist plot. But the many other interesting characters on his team made it hard to develop him, and he ended up being out of character and eliminated early.
Puck - The Chill Guy
- Acrofatic: Occasionally played straight, occasionally averted. He's a horrible swimmer, but has some strange hidden talents that come out in certain challenges.
- Butt-Monkey: Within eighteen chapters, Puck almost drowns multiple times, gets kicked in the groin by Wolfgang multiple times, gets turned into a pig, gets attacked by a demon while using a Porta-Potty, gets attacked by Japanese tourists, and gets his pizza stolen. Among many other things.
- Embarrassing First Name: Cornelius.
- Fat and Skinny: With Wolfgang.
- From Bad to Worse:Kai: (after Vivienne has confessed her love to him) This couldn't possibly get more awkward...Puck: (in a deep, gruff voice) Beans and cornbread.Kai: It just did.
- Groin Attack: Frequently the recipient of these, courtesy of Wolfgang.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X":Chris: Epic Rap Battles of Tokyo! Round One! Puck Something-or-other! Versus! Julian Reddick!Puck: Julian's last name is Reddick? (giggles immaturely)
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Half the things he says.
- Innocently Insensitive: Was often annoying the hell out of Wolfgang, but still believed Wolfgang was his best friend.
- Keet: Puck is a small, constantly upbeat and hyper character.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Or the closest thing to this in a fanfiction.
- Large Ham: Possibly the hammiest character yet.
- The Load: He rarely contributes anything helpful to team challenges, yet somehow manages to squeak by elimination every time.
- Love Triangle: With Thomas and Casey, pre-merge.
- Naked People Are Funny: Has been seen "in the buff" a few times, solely for the sake of comedy.
- Nonindicative Name: His stereotype, "The Chill Guy" - he's not chill (as in laid-back) at all, it's a reference to his horrible water/ice-themed puns.
- Odd Friendship: With Casey.
- Official Couple: With Casey again.
- Prematurely Bald: Under his helmet.
- Pungeon Master: Puck makes constant puns, usually involving water or ice. They more often than not turn out horrible.
- Raised By Penguins: Or so he claims (he was actually born in Maine).
- Repetitive Name: His last name is Puckerschmidt.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Him and Wolfgang's names together make... well, Wolfgang Puck, but Word of God says that the author noticed the coincidence after he made the two characters (they were named after two Animal Crossing NPCs).
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Puck's entire sense of humor falls under this.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Him and Layla/Charles tended to be the center of most of the jokes post-merge.
- Tagalong Kid: Puck is the shortest and most annoying contestant on every team he's on, and he also contributes the least.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Once again, with Casey.
Roz - The Maniac
- Action Girl: Roz is incredibly strong and energetic.
- Ax-Crazy: This is her at her worst.
- Blatant Lies: When she claims her various boyfriends are "just friends" or that she's a "lone wolf."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Very much so, especially when she rambles on about strange things like her love for her elderly science teacher.
- Cute Bruiser
- Embarrassing First Name: At least, in her opinion. States in French how much she hates it.
- Expy: Of Izzy from Total Drama, who happens to be her cousin. Some of her traits, particularly her dynamic with Mr. Chapman, were also inspired by a friend of the author's.
- Genki Girl: Ridiculously so.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X":Chris: Tomorrow. This chappy is getting long.Roz: Hehehehe. Chappy. Long.
- It Runs in the Family: Her and Izzy and Sharissa, her cousins, are extremely similar.
- Just Friends: What she claims her and Chaz are. Obviously, this is not the case.
- Love Triangle: With Ari and Tolkien post-merge.
- Odd Friendship: With Ari.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Rosalind.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Returns for the fifth season as the host, after Chris quits.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Ari.
- She's Got Legs
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Tolkien's relationship with Ari, but happens to like Tolkien himself... maybe.
- The Nicknamer: Calls almost nobody by their real name, except Ari. Examples include "Strelly", "Tolky", "Chappy", etc.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Ari's Girly Girl.
- Verbal Tic: Says "hehe", and various forms, a lot.
Shawn - The Jamaican RapperShawn is, well, a rapper from Jamaica. Acts as the straight man to many of the more crazy characters.
- Big Fun
- The Generic Guy: Outside of his rapping, he really doesn't have that many outstanding character traits.
- The Lancer: To Tolkien.
- Informed Attribute: Is supposed to be fat, but his character picture really doesn't show this, however this is due to the author struggling with drawing certain body shapes back when the story was written.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Based on Sean Kingston, the only difference is that he's a rapper instead of a reggae singer.
- Overly Long Name: His full name is Kishawn Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam Anderson, which is surprisingly a combination of Sean Kingston's and Akon's full names.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Tolkien/Ari.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Donny from Total Drama Revolution, the season before. Both are pretty mellow, laid-back guys who hang out with more crazy guys (Vincent/Julian) and two guys who happen to be cousins. (Kavren/Tolkien)
Thomas - The Extremely Tall Guy
- Bandage Mummy: Is turned into this temporarily once he falls off of the Tokyo Tower.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Much to his dismay.
- Expy: Of one of the author's friends. However, when he was turned into more of a jerkish character, the similarities (other than the appearance and height) disappeared.
- Has a Type: His biography, and his interactions with Casey, all but confirm he's into tall redheads.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Casey.
- Love Triangle: With Puck and Casey.
- Nice Guy: At first.
- Precision F-Strike: Upon his elimination.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: He started out as a nice, somewhat goofy guy, and turned into a jerk who hated Puck and was extremely jealous of his relationship with Casey.
Tolkien - The Fantasy Geek
- Author Avatar: Tolkien is meant to be this, from his crush on the character who is based on one of the author's crushes, to his nerdiness and appearance, especially the hairstyle and prominent nose. His obsession with Luncheons & Laggins was so he wouldn't completely resemble the author.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Character Focus: Tolkien has the most depth out of the characters other than possibly Layla, as his inner thoughts are shown constantly.
- Did Not Get the Girl: With two different girls, too, as Ari doesn't seem to want to be anything more than friends and Roz is seen with other boys constantly.
- Extraverted Nerd
- Geek: His label is "The Fantasy Geek."
- Jewish and Nerdy: Tolkien is confirmed to be Jewish, another trait inspired by the author.
- Love Triangle: Is involved with one with Ari and Roz.
- Shout-Out: He's named after J. R. R. Tolkien, obviously.
- Teens Are Short: One of the shortest contestants of the season along with Anderson.
Vivienne - The Mysterious RomanticVivienne is a mysterious, lovesick girl who has had her heart broken in the past and joined Total Drama to meet kind people.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Expy: Based on Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, the author's favorite character from his favorite video game.
- Nice Hat
- Official Couple: With Kai.
- Out of Focus: Vivienne was mostly a background character, but had her moments.
- She's a Man in Japan: The character she is based on is, and she herself was originally going to be a trans woman before the plot was scrapped.
- The Bus Came Back: Was originally meant to be in the very first version of Total Drama Tokyo, but was scrapped, then brought back when the story was revamped.
Wolfgang - The Loner
- Anime Hair: Blue, large, and amorphous.
- Berserk Button: Anything Puck says or does.
- Fat and Skinny: With Puck.
- Groin Attack: Kicks multiple contestants in the crotch in his time on the show.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Wolfgang gets very angry very easily, and Puck is usually the catalyst.
- The Quiet One: Does not talk during his entire time in the competition, making him The Voiceless until his elimination, where he goes on a rant. He is brought back for Total Drama Superstar Showdown and is much more talkative, however.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Him and Puck's names together make... well, Wolfgang Puck, but Word of God says that the author noticed the coincidence after he made the two characters (they were named after two Animal Crossing NPCs).
- We Hardly Knew Ye: The third contestant voted out and he only had one line.
Yuri - The Yaoi FanaticYuri is a cheerful Japanese girl who lives close to where the season is filmed and who also happens to be obsessed with yaoi pairings.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Once she reveals in the confessional that she secretly has a crush on Shawn, she qualifies as this, especially considering she doesn't do anything other than force him and Julian to date each other.
- Anime Hair
- Everyone Is Gay: Seems to think this.
- Genki Girl: Most definitely.
- Joke Character: Yuri was created by one of the users on the website the story was posted on, and was not meant to have any sort of characterization or depth, just being a bizarre one-note character.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls
- Shipper on Deck: For Julian and Shawn, Wolfgang and Puck, and MANY more.
- Yaoi Fangirl: It's basically her label.