The story itself involves 16 contestants — 8 notable returnees from School and 8 all-new players — traveling to an uncharted island in the South Pacific known as Tiki Island to compete for a new $1,000,000 prize. While it was written while the author was in middle school, it hasn't aged too poorly and stands as one of the better stories in the canon. You can read it here.
This story provides examples of:
- Arch-Enemy: Julia's sworn enemy is a guy she knows from home named Arthur, thanks to a Noodle Incident that occurred when the two were in elementary school. Naturally, Arthur is also competing, and they make the final two together.
- Big Bad: There's a few - the original one from the previous story, Amanda, is around for a bit before being Demoted to Extra. Elena then has a sudden FaceHeel Turn, acting as the main villain for a chapter or two. But the true one is the Bitch in Sheep's Clothing Trey.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Trey.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The girls' "alliance" post-merge consists of this - Helga, Chrissy, and Julia respectively.
- Catchphrase: New contestant Arthur has two - "I'm morbidly obeeeese!" and "My peanuts are loooose!".
- Deadpan Snarker: Formerly sweet and unassuming Helga has become bitter about her early elimination in School, turning into this.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Sharissa quits in the fifth chapter due to missing Alex, who got voted out right before her.
- Springtime for Hitler: Team Over Nine Thousand eventually gets so tired of winning and not voting anyone off that Chris outright states he's rigging the challenges so that Over Nine Thousand will lose, and they begin putting in minimal effort. Of course, they continue to win.