We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Funny: Dragon Ball Z Abridged: Androids/Cell Saga
Funny moments from movies, specials, and miscellaneous moments here
open/close all folders
- Bulma cockblocking Yamcha by saying "No one screws Yamcha but life!"
- Plus she points out Marron's similarity to her. "Blue hair? Real original."
- Krillin saying that Gohan is pounding his mom's tuna. And Roshi cracking up each time.
- When Krillin introduces his new persona to Gohan, the slightly deadpan reaction from Gohan is just hilarious:
Krillin (Off-Screen): Hey Gohan! Goin' fishin'?
Gohan (after catching four rare Paozu Tuna): Yup! With Dad gone, I'm the bread-winner now. (Seeing Krillin's new get-up) What's with the weird clothes, Krillin?
Krillin: Ah, ah, ah! My name is no longer "Krillin." My new name is "Juan Sanchez."
Gohan (slightly deadpan): ...I'm compelled to ask "Why".
- Also, when Krillin explains why, Gohan's reaction:
Gohan: Wait, your last name's "Sanchez"?
- Gohan's Covert Pervert moment.
Krillin: She says I have a very rich personality.
Maron: And a wealth of knowledge.
Krillin: And her boobs are as big as my head.
Gohan: I have made the comparison.
- "Goodbye Gonad, see you at Master Hoe-shi's!"
- TFS's The Walking Zed
- Mr. Popo resolving the entire Garlic Jr. Saga in a few seconds by assimilating Garlic Jr. and his henchmen like he did Blue Popo.
Kami: What does that have to do with-
Popo: 'CAUSE IT WAS NOTHIN' BUT GARLIC!
- Kanye West's Gold Digger playing as Krillin and Maron drive away from Gohan's house
- Then The Guess Who's American Woman playing at Kame House.
- Piccolo and Kami's interactions. Nail gets into this.
You do know that [fusing] technique is forbidden, Piccolo. Piccolo: Your face is forbidden
Sadly, that was
the best one up here. Piccolo:
SHUT IT NAIL!
- The scene after the opening credits, where a narrator calmly tells the audience of a type of tuna that was nearly fished to extinction by the inhabitants in the area surrounding Lake Paozu, but is now slowly working its way to a sustainable population and then Gohan kills 4 of the fish by punching them out of the water
Narrator: (Still speaking smoothly and calmly) "Oh sweet salty Christ no."
- Krillin learning that his girlfriend is actually an undercover government agent investigating suspicions of him being guilty of insurance fraud His Jaw Drop will have you in stitches.
- Hearing the line "Bitch is a gold digger" in Turtle's voice.
- Oolong complaining about everyone celebrating Turtle's birthday when they never celebrated his. Everybody ignores him.
- Roshi warning everyone that the huge amount of candles on Turtle's birthday cake is a fire hazard. And then they light his beard on fire.
Roshi: MY BEARD! MY GLORIOUS BEARD! NO!
- Maron questioning whether if Yajirobe and Korin would have either little fat men or kitties for children.
- Turtle wondering why Krillin's outside Roshi's house
Turtle: Why aren't you upstairs sleeping with your girlfriend like everyone else?
- Bulma Tempting Fate:
He's probably running out of fuel soon, so (Vegeta's ship dropping into frame in the background)
god knows if he'll ever make it back here. (Vegeta's ship crashes loudly) Vegeta: I'M BACK
- The exchange between Bulma and Yamcha at the beginning.
Yamcha: So, where did you bury me anyway?
Bulma: Bury? (cut to Yamcha's body still decaying in the pit he died in)
- Yamcha lampshading that he seems to be the only one bothered that the man directly/indirectly responsible for most of their deaths at some point, is currently showering in the other room and talking about living there.
- Bulma's parents continue to be a comedic duo of ditzy (Mrs. Briefs) and terribly racist (Dr. Briefs):
- Vegeta's encounter with Yamcha. He initially confuses him with a valet. After Yamcha reminds them that they previously fought, Vegeta reasserts that he only fought Goku, Nappa fought all the rest... except the one scrub who lost to a Saibaman. Then Vegeta breaks out into laughter when he finds out he is the said scrub.
- Bulma demanding Vegeta takes a shower, because she can smell him from East City. Vegeta responds by saying he can smell her from East City.
- Vegeta's reaction upon discovering a certain item of clothing...
- The various fighters sensing Freeza approaching Earth.
Vegeta: (slams a fist down on the table) Son of a bitch!
Yamcha: What, are you still ticked off about the shirt?
Vegeta: No, I'm - well yes actually, I'm absolutely livid - but that's not the point! That idiot Kakarot failed! FREEZA'S STILL ALIVE!
Tien: Chiatzou, do you feel that? There are two enormous power levels approaching the planet.
Chiatzou: Yeah, see, last time this happened...I blew myself up.
Tien: Yeah. I was gonna ask you to hold off on that this time.
- Bulma's interactions with Vegeta are hilarious.
- Nail having plans for building a house after Piccolo clears a glacier.
- Malfunctioning Freeza.
My God this is droll, we're so far out in the space-sti-sti-di-dicks that there's not even a Space Radio Shack. Much less a Space Best Buy-Buy-Buy-Buy-Circuit City.
- Krillin continues with the double entendres.
Gohan: Now, are you sure it's him?
Krillin: Gohan, once you've had a man inside of you, you know when he's coming.
- Woman, where is mah Saiyan Suit?!
- Vegeta's infamous pink shirt having "Juicy" on the back of it.
- Yamcha losing it when Freeza and King Cold arrive. Followed by Krillin saying that if Yamcha wasn't doing that, Krillin would.
- King Cold in general. He's calm, yet still a Large Ham at the same time. Also, he refers to Freeza of all people as a "darling, little angel".
- Freeza's Golden Snitch.
Speaking of which... Soldiers, the scavenger hunt will proceed as such. Normal human heads are worth one point. Namekian heads are worth twenty. Filthy half-Saiyan brats: Fifty. And if you find any miserable, odious, insubordinate full-blooded monkey garbage... You win.
- Freeza sending all of his best men on a hunt to kill Goku's friends, giving point values to all of the different characters... and then his men promptly fall to the ground in pieces in Trunk's wake.
- Vegeta saying "Y'all are bitches."
- Trunks explaining that he's been practicing the Diagonal Cut technique for some time.
- Freeza going into a full Villainous Breakdown at the sight of Trunks going Super Saiyan, with a brief flashback to Goku on Planet Namek.
Th-those eyes...they're the same as... (Flashback to Super Saiyan Goku staring him down) Goku: (distant whisper)
No. No! NO! NO!! NO!!! KILL!!! (zap) MURDER!!! (bzzt) DESTROY!!! (kssh) EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!
- Bonus points because the Leitmotif of the Daleks was playing.
- And after that, when it looks like the Death Ball Freeza launched at Trunks killed him... NAAAAAAAAAANTS INGONYAMAAAAAAA!
Well, Freeza! Looks like you dropped the ball! (Freeza glares) Trunks:
Dropped the ball. (Freeza twitches) Trunks:
Drrrropped the ba— Freeza: YAGH
! (fires at Death Ball, which explodes spectacularly) King Cold:
You almost destroyed the whole planet there... Freeza:
Sorry, I got a little bit carried away. Doesn't matter now, though; our little "super Saiyan" is dead-dead-dead-(zap) cadaverrific
- Bulma starts hitting on Trunks. While calm on the outside, he is understandably screaming in his head.
- Bonus points for the internal scream being so loud that it actually is audible when Krillin starts speaking.
- And later, when Vegeta tries to figure out who Trunks is...
Vegeta: If he's never met him before, how the hell does this kid know where Kakarot is going to land? And he can't actually be a damn Saiyan. Either he's a liar, or... maybe... wait a second!
Did someone drink the last Hetap!? I'll kill you! Krillin: Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop!
- Freeza having a literal BSOD.
- Even better, the BSOD noise continues as the Diagonal Cut happens, and it invokes the feel of dramatic Japanese drums reaching a crescendo.
- Even more better, the BSOD screen reveals that Freeza is running on Windows 95, which explains his malfunctioning.
- Hilariously, KaiserNeko mentioned in a later podcast that there were many viewers who had been watching the episode full-screen and freaked out when the BSOD hit.
- The slogan on Vegeta's shirt gets increasingly suggestive as the episode goes on. Going from "Dum Cumpster" to "Pull My Hair" to "Blowjob Princess." Bonus point for Vegeta saying "I'm a real man!" while the shirt says "Blowjob Princess".
- Trunks' GPS.
Fly 300 metres north-west, then land near IDIOT ROCK
So that's what they called it before "Idiot Crater".
- Vegeta's reaction to learning that there is another Super Saiyan.
Guys, I think that person is a Super Saiyan. Vegeta:
Like hell he is! Krillin:
Spiky gold hair, incredible power... Vegeta:
You don't know that he's a Super Saiyan. Maybe he's Super Human, huh?!
Maybe you slackers haven't been trying hard enough! Tien:
Says the non
-Super Saiyan. Vegeta:
- When Trunks offers everyone a drink.
Tien: Isn't it a little early to start drinking?
Bulma: Hey, 5 o'clock was 20 hours ago! *downs a can*
- When Vegeta refuses to trust Trunks' claim that Goku will arrive soon, Goku does just that.
"That could be anyone!"
- Vegeta instantly hating Trunks when he turns to them.
Trunks: Hey guys!
Vegeta: Fuck this guy!
- After that;
Trunks: I'm about to go meet Goku, just follow me!
Gohan: Wait, did he just say my dad?
Krillin: Wait Gohan, we don't know if we can trust this guy.
Trunks: I also brought snacks!
Krillin: ...but the Bible does say love thy neighbour!
Gohan: You're a Buddhist.
Krillin: A hungry Buddhist.
- The Stinger with Bulma and Krillin's conversation about Trunks' "carpet matching the drapes", with Krillin revealing that his does.
Krillin: It's called man-scaping.
Bulma: It's weird.
Krillin: It's hygienic.
- Poor Yamcha. He can never catch a break.
(When Yamcha is questioning why they brought Bulma to the battle)
Yamcha: Personally, I don't think Bulma should be here, a battlefield is no place for a lady.
Vegeta: ...And yet you're sticking around.
Yamcha: I'm serious, I worry about her safety. And as my close personal friend, possibly even bestie, I think we need to consider-Aaagh!
(Bulma grabs his ear.)
Bulma: Anyone want to explain to Yamcha here what ten pounds of torque does to a human ear?
Gohan: ...Rips it off?
Bulma: Very good, Gohan!
Krillin: (laughter dies down) Oooh... we're gonna fucking die.
- After Trunks asks Freeza why he has 'spare parts' coming out of him...
- Freeza likes to play 'Pretty Pink Princess'.
Daddy, I haven't done that since I was eigh-eigh-eigh- my quinceañera
- When Trunks confronts Freeza, he invokes the No Pronunciation Guide (With an ounce of Spell My Name with an "S"). It's Freeza and Cold's "WTF" reaction that sells it.
Trunks: So, you must be Frieza ("Fry-za").
Freeza: Actually It's Lord Freeza.
Trunks: Really? Then why is there an I in it?
Freeza: There isn't.
Trunks: Huh. Gonna have to fix that when I get back then.
- When Trunks goes Super Saiyan the rest of the cast conclude it's either Goku or... Freeza's mom.
Krillin: Who here just thought of Freeza with boobs?
Krillin: Really? I'm the only one?
Vegeta: Yes! (thinking) He must never know.
- In the opening, Freeza tries to narrate the disclaimer, but his Verbal Tic gets so bad (around saying Dragon Ball GT, no less) that King Cold ends up having to finish it for him. It gets better when Freeza's glitching stops and he says "Absalon", which refers to another fan-made Dragon Ball series.
- When the Z-Fighters finally arrive just in time for Trunks to finish off Freeza.
Krillin: Where's Freeza! Oh, there he is...
(Trunks dices Freeza up and blows him up.)
Krillin: And there...and there...(scorched piece of Freeza hits him in the head)...and here...Is that his brain?
- This little quick gem when Trunks properly meets the group.
Now I'm sure you're all wondering why I brought you here. Krillin:
To kill us! Vegeta: To kill snacks!
- Which, knowing Vegeta, is probably a legitimate response.
- Goku's return to Earth and finding out he's a liiiiiiiittle late to the party.
Goku: GUYS WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME FREEZER'S HERE AND-(Sees everyone cheering)... Yaaaaaaaaay... ah ha... what?
- This hilarious exchange following Freeza's death
(angrily) You murdered my princess...! (calmly) Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Beat Trunks:
...children? King Cold:
Okay...sorta thought you'd be a little more pissed. King Cold: Oh, blindingly so
. Mind if I see your sword? Trunks:
What? Why? King Cold:
I just wish to hold it. Trunks:
No! King Cold:
Oh, come on, be neighborly. Trunks:
I'm not your neighbor. I also think I hate you. King Cold:
Look, after what you did, I can fit what's left of my son into a meat pie. Let me see your stupid sword! Trunks:
... King Cold:
[sighs] Fine. (lobs sword at King Cold, who catches it) King Cold:
See~? Nothing nefarious, I just wanted to inspect the craftsmanship...admire the temper...test the edge ON YOU, YOU INSUBORDINATE HICK—(charges Trunks, only for Trunks to catch the sword with one hand...and then he powers up)
Huh...still not sure if you hate me? Trunks:
Actually...that pretty much sealed it. (blasts a hole through King Cold's chest) King Cold:
N-no! No, wait! We could work out a deal! If you spare my life...I'll give you a planet! Three planets! Two and a half? Trunks:
You just went down. King Cold:
I'm a haggler...? (Trunks blasts King Cold to atoms, then does the same to his ship)
- Freeza's still a horrible boss, but Trunks plays off him SO WELL. After Trunks threatens to kill him...
My, my! Not five minutes on this wayward rock, and we already have a volunteer-teer-teer-(zap)
dead man. Soldiers! Do your jobs. Soldier: Lord Freeza, with all due respect
... Freeza: This sounds like insubordination
... Soldier: He just turned an entire squad into a PILE OF LIMBS
. Freeza: And THAT sounds like it's not my problem
. Soldier 2:
Man, move your bitchin' bitch ass over bitch!
*uses scouter on Trunks* What, power level of five? Shit, ain't nobody got time for that
. *Shoots at Trunks, who easily deflects it into a mount-plateau.
* Soldier 2:
Well that ain't right... *Falcon Punched by Trunks into Freeza's ship.* Trunks:
Consider that a warning. Either leave now or die. Freeza:
Ooh, is that an ultimatum? I love ultimatums! Here's mine. Either die to him or die to me! *Trunks takes a stance as the soldiers rush him...and slashes them all faster then can be seen. All the soldiers are still standing, immobile.* Freeza:
What...What just happened? Trunks: Give it a second. Freeza:
No, really. They're just... Trunks:
No, no hang on... *Trunks sheathes his sword and the bodies all drop.* Trunks:
Yeah, took me a whole three months to get that one down. They make it look a lot easier then it really is.
*One soldier is shown still alive, visibly terrified of Trunks* REAL hard part was that guy's armor. *Said soldier's scouter breaks in half, and his armor follows suit as Trunks keeps talking.* Went through a dozen mannequins before I cinched that one. *The soldier backs away slowly from Trunks...* Freeza:
You missed a spot. *impales the soldier with his arm.* Soldier 3:
Lord Freeza... the f*ck?
*Freeza pulls his arm out and the soldier drops.*
- Goku sees Trunks transform into a Super Saiyan the first time.
Goku: What happened to your hair? It's yellow!
Trunks: Um... so's yours.
Goku: It is?!
- Goku is asked to explain how he survived Namek's explosion.
Goku: Muffin butto—
Gohan: Don't say muffin button!
Goku: But it was! There's science and stuff.
- Goku explains that he made so many muffins that they shielded from the blast and carried him to another planet.
- Bulma and Vegeta getting into some Destructo-Nookie. Also Vegeta's reaction to her question:
Vegeta: ...the fuck's a condom?
- How did they incorporate the infamous driving episode? Goku and Piccolo just suddenly decide to go for a joyride. Which they ditch training (and Gohan) for.
Goku: Sooooo... Wanna go drive cars?
- Trunks' farewell.
- Goku's reaction to Trunks telling him he's Bulma and Vegeta's son. Piccolo's reaction to it really sells it.
Vegeta: What's so funny!?
Piccolo: Your shirt!
- Trunks introducing himself to Goku.
Trunks: (thinking) OK, Trunks. Don't be nervous. He's just a normal guy. Just introduce yourself.
Trunks: So, you're Sun Wukong, right? (thinking) Dammit!
Goku: I am Son Goku, yes.
Trunks: (thinking) Roll with it.
- In this series, Trunks reveals that Goku's death by heart attack is caused by high cholesterol.
(to Goku) According to the coroner, too much bacon. Goku: *turns Super Saiyan* You take that back. Trunks:
But listen. In the future, my mother has developed medication that will help level your cholesterol. Goku:
Is it grape-flavored? Trunks:
I don't know. Yes? Goku:
'Cause I don't like grape. Trunks:
Then it's bacon-flavored. Goku:
- A Black Comedy bit where while the other Z-fighters (except Goku) are killed by the Androids or cyborgs, Yamcha is Driven to Suicide when he learns Bulma is pregnant with Vegeta's child. Goku's reaction to the news really sells it.
- Goku's confusion about whether God is Kami or King Kai. Later, when he learns who Future Trunks' parents are:
Goku: Oh, my Gamikai.
- The team comparing Future Trunks Super Saiyan status with Goku's Super Saiyan status:
Blonde spiky hair... Gohan:
Incredible aura... Krillin:
Well, Vegeta, now that Goku's here to compare, we can finally say for sure that that kid's a Super— Vegeta:
Utter one more word, and no dragon alive will be able to fix what I do to you. Krillin:
...So, Tien, have you been lifting? Because you are jacked. Tien:
Yeah. Who knows? Maybe I'll
be the next Super Sayian. [Vegeta mutters Angrish at Tien]
- Goku is the next to mention Vegeta's shirt.
Goku: Oh, hey Vegeta! Nice shirt.
Goku: Pink is a good colour on you!
Vegeta: (thinking) ...Just take the compliment.
- The episode in general continued the trend of Tien managing to press all of Vegeta's buttons.
...And I, as a Super Saiyan
, relish the challenge. Goku: (gasp)
You're a Super Saiyan, Vegeta? Show me! Vegeta:
I... well yeah, I just... I— Tien:
Don't tell me, you're not in the mood
What, does that third eye make you psychic? Tien:
No, but it does help me see bullshit. Vegeta:
Hey, you know what?! (Beat) Vegeta:
F*ck you. (flies off)
- Gohan still hasn't worked out the art of dodging.
- Trunks' time machine using the TARDIS sound effect.
- Piccolo explaining to Goku that he heard the whole conversation between him and Trunks.
Piccolo: I heard everything.
Goku: Please don't tell everybody.
Piccolo: Ohohohoho, I won't.
Nail: I will.
Piccolo: Shut up Nail.
- When Goku accidentally launches Chi-Chi out of the house and through a tree.
Gohan: DAD, RUN!
Gohan: THE WORST SHE CAN DO IS GROUND ME, NOW RUN!
- Before that, we had Chi-Chi's reaction to Goku wanting to take Gohan training:
LIKE HELL YOU WILL! Goku:
Oh, come on, Chi-Chi. Chi-Chi:
Don't you "Come on, Chi-Chi" me! You're gone off in God knows where space, refuse to let the dragon take you home, and the first thing you ask for when you get back? "Oh, hey, Chi-Chi, mind if I take our baby boy to go train to FIGHT SOME MONSTER ROBOTS?!" Goku: Androids
. And the first thing I asked about was dinner. Chi-Chi:
The answer is NO! Goku:
No to dinner or no to Gohan? Chi-Chi: BOTH!
- "Look at my nipples, LOOK AT THEM!!"
- *Ship outside explodes* "AAH! My nipples!!"
- Gohan seems to be getting reeeeally tired of Goku's antics.
- Goku testing out Instant transmission by stealing Master Roshi's sunglasses.
Roshi: GOKU JUST DONE STOLE MY GLASSES!
- Made even better when you realize Master Roshi was listening to "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones when "Goku done stole [his] glasses!"
- When Goku comes back and wonders how everyone's alive, Bulma says it was Trunks. This exchange, happens.
Goku: Oh, if it ain't you, you old so-an-so! It's been so long since I, uh... I... I mean... You...
Trunks: We've never met before.
Goku: Oh, thank God! Or Kami, or King Kai, I don't know; that whole thing is screwy.
- And after Trunks leaves...
Goku: What a nice young lady.
- This bit is even funnier considering how Goku's inability to identify gender was a running gag throughout most of Dragon Ball.
- It probably doesn't help that both Goku and Vegeta think "Trunks" is a girl's name.
- Goku lets slip to Chi-Chi that he's taking Gohan to fight androids. One awkward silence later, a neat Call Back to the first few episodes occurs.
Goku: I'm taking Gohan, bye!
- Krillin compliments Bulma's boobs.
Bulma: I... you! Bulma:
(thinking) Just take the compliment.
- "Cat loves food, yeah yeah yeah yeah."
Krillin: So... that song...
Yamcha: I was desperate and needed the money. And no, it wasn't worth it.
- The good guys point out that the tiny island is covered in a dense city - what do they even do there? "Apparently, prostitution is legal."
- Dr. Gero rips the engine out of a guy's car.
Driver: Please put that back. I kinda need that to flee from you.
- Krillin's sex puns regarding Yamcha getting a hand through his chest.
Krillin: Huh. Guess there's a new kind of fisting in this city.
Krillin: Yeah, I get ya. I never have any energy after a handjob either. BA-DA-BA-BA-DA-BYE!
- Android 19's analysis of why they know about the Androids:
- Android 19 executes Murder.exe... and then crashes at 65% loading. And then asks Dr. Gero if he'd like to send an error report. Then does anyway when Dr. Gero says no.
Dr. Gero: SON OF A WHORE! NOW TO WAIT FIVE MINUTES TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
- The entire argument between Bulma and Vegeta after he gets her pregnant.
You said you were wearing protection! Vegeta: I was wearing my armor!
* Beat* Bulma:
*Scoff* You're a moron.
- The Credits Gag lists Brent Spiner as Android 19. It's a text to speech program they used.
- This bit comes up as Dr. Gero attempts to explain his backstory to Dr. Goku and the others. Dr. Gero's reaction after Goku speaks up is particularly amusing.
Dr. Gero: But allow me to shed a little light for you. For the last 14 years ever since the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament...
Goku: Oh, I remember that one! I got hit by a car!
Dr. Gero: (completely serious) Indeed!
- Throughout the entire episode, Goku mentions that his chest hurts, clearly referring to the fatal heart failure he will suffer. Why is this funny? His issue is his high cholesterol from eating too much bacon. Near the end of the episode, Goku mentions he ate all of his pocket bacon on the way to the battlefield.
Krillin: Oh, hey Gohan. You've barely grown since the last time I saw you, huh?
Goku: It's funny! I think that every time I see you!
- The stoner skater. All of it. "Dude... are you holding?"
- The mechanical noises 19 and Dr. Gero make when they move give a nice touch.
- Tien's exasperation at Yamcha almost getting killed by the Androids. "Oh come on man! You couldn't last, like, 30 seconds!?"
- Goku, trying to find the Androids, wonders, "If I were an android, where would I be?" before his train of thought becomes derailed. "Of course, if I were an android, it wouldn't change where I am, just what I am..."
- When Piccolo decides that the Z-fighters will have to search for the Androids in the city by hand, they all start complaining.
- When the Androids are surprised that the Z-fighters know what they are:
- Dr. Gero and 19 being described by the prostitute and Yamcha as "inconspicuous old man and mime."
- The final line:
Dr. Gero: Oh, bollocks.
- Dr. Gero tries a Badass Boast, but eventually he gets fed up with Android 19 countering Goku all the time:
Dr. Gero: Oh for God's sake 19, throw a f**king punch!
- Even funnier are the constant "Ow"s coming from 19.
- Plus, right before it, his furious reaction when 19 has to activate another program just to be able to dodge.
Dr. Gero: WHY IS DODGING A SUBROUTINE?! IT'S NOT THAT COMPLEX!!
- Whereupon, Piccolo just looks at Gohan, saying nothing.
- It gets better when you remember that Dr. Gero's the one who programmed 19 to begin with.
- He gets another good one when Vegeta goes Super Saiyan, showing just how far out of the loop he is.
Dr. Gero: SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE F*CK IS NAMEK?!
- Goku started to take the heart medicine, but then he stopped because it was grape flavored.
- When someone needs a Senzu Bean (Goku for his heart attack, Piccolo wondering where his was when he faked getting injured, and Android 19 getting Yamcha'd), Krillin throws a Senzu Bean at them. When Vegeta outright asks for one in the stinger, Krillin refuses.
- SENZU BEAN!
- After Krillin throws Senzu bean at No. 19's head, Vegeta then follows it up by throwing a dog treat at it as well.
- While Goku is downed due to a heart problem, he calls in for Piccolo to do a tag-in, only for Piccolo to be lasered by Dr. Gero, then Goku tries the same with Gohan, only for #19 to land right on top of Goku.
- Just as Goku is about to have his energy drained, we hear an endless, repeating string of "mine" from Vegeta coming in from miles away.
- Yamcha volunteers to take Goku back to his house, also noting that he will just get in the way if he stays, to which everyone agrees.
No offense. Vegeta:
Why are you even here?! (Beat over on Yamcha looking hurt.) Krillin: SENZU BEAN! (Throws a bean at Yamcha, hitting him on the cheek.) Yamcha:
You know what? Have fun. (Flies off with Goku over his shoulder.)
- Vegeta boasting about how he became a Super Saiyan:
- This is also what Vegeta told Cell when Cell asked how Vegeta became strong enough to not only go Super Saiyan, but survive fighting him.
- Android 19's quotes throughout the episode.
Android 19: Beginning dodge protocol—ow!
- Dr. Gero's boasting after 19 finishes running murder.exe gives us this gem:
Well boys, I can't say it hasn't been fun. In fact, if I still had a penis, it would
be most auspicious we're wearing baggy pants. But enough about hypothetical erections, it's time to finish this. 19! Suck. Him. Dry. Krillin:
(offscreen) HAH HAAAAH!
- And then Goku finds out the hard way that the Androids can drain energy from people (and energy beams):
Android #19: Murder.EXE fully loaded.
Dr. Gero: Oh... bully!
- Goku and Vegeta's exchange after Vegeta saves his life.
Goku: (weakly) Hey, Vegeta...
Vegeta: Kakarot, you idiot. What are you doing?
Goku: Dying... mostly. Little help?
(Vegeta kicks Goku in the general direction of Piccolo, who catches him)
Goku: Thanks, best buddy...
- Vegeta's reasoning for having a pure heart.
My heart is
pure. Pure, unadulterated badass
- Tien's response.
Yeah, more like pure, unadulterated ego
I heard that, triclops! Tien:
Is that okay? Vegeta:
As a matter of fact, go f**k
yourself! Now, where was I?
- Android 19's poor attempt at trading insults with Vegeta.
- Dr. Gero's reaction to the first attack of Vegeta's countdown is simple yet priceless:
Dr. Gero: Did I just see his foot?
- After Vegeta finishes off 19 he turns to Dr. Gero still making badass one-liners... until he notices that the doctor is nowhere to be seen.
Vegeta: THE FUCK DID HE GO?!
- Vegeta's thoughts on sensing energy.
Vegeta: So just because he's a machine I can't feel his energy? That doesn't make any sense! Energy sensing's bullshit.
- When Dr. Gero tries to absorb Piccolo's energy, the Namekian tries to contact Gohan telepathically to get some help. His first few attempts don't go so well.
- First try:
- Second try:
- Third try:
- Piccolo making fun of the name of Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.
- Trunks is a few minutes behind the others when he learns his meddling with time has made things go south...
Trunks: (seeing the head of #19)
Oh my god! Chiaotzu's dead! And he really let himself go! (Beat) Trunks:
...and he's an android. (Beat) Trunks:
...that's not Chiaotzu. (Beat) Trunks: (gasp) Oh, crapbaskets
- Piccolo challenges Dr. Gero to a fight not long after getting his energy drained.
Oh, please. As if you're in any condition to fight me. Piccolo:
Krillin? Senzu Bean. Krillin:
Senzu Bean? Piccolo:
Senzu Bean. Krillin: SENZU BEAN!!!
- Deciding who gets to fight Gero:
- Vegeta's brain locking up upon realizing Trunks is his son...
Trunks? What are you doing here?! Vegeta:
HA! That's a girl's name! Krillin:
Wait, isn't that the name of your kid? Vegeta:
What, are you trying to imply that this wannabe Super Saiyan from the future is my saaaaaaaaaahhh... Trunks:
Well. Guess that cat's out of the bag...
- Even funnier because his BSOD is audible through a few bits of dialogue as well.
- Immediately afterward when Trunks sees Dr. Gero.
- Vegeta begins to question why they should have been so worried about Android 19 and Doctor Gero, when they're not turning out to be that much of a threat mostly because they aren't the Androids Future Trunks was warning them about.
Vegeta: Anyone else starting to think we overtrained for this?
Krillin: Tell me about it-
Vegeta: NO, SHUT UP!!!
- Just as Dr. Gero appears from the smoke and is about to attack Piccolo, we get this:
Gohan: MISTER PICCOLOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooh... nevermind.
- Gohan saves Piccolo from Dr. Gero:
Piccolo: Gohan... how did you...
Gohan: You two were hanging in the middle of the air, how could I not see you?
Piccolo: Don't you... sass me...
- After Gero gets karate-chopped into the ground by Piccolo.
Dr. Gero: OK, first: What?! Second: The f*ck?!
- Gero grabbing Piccolo. Doubles as a Squick moment.
- And prior to this, Gero is looking for an escape route, only to find a fighter at every possibility. His reaction upon seeing Krillin?
- The back-and-forth argument on the Androids Trunks came to warn us about and the ones the Z fighters are dealing with;
Trunks: Seriously, what is that?
Piccolo: That's the android.
Trunks: No it's not.
Piccolo: Yes it is.
Trunks: No, it's not!
Dr. Gero: Yes I am.
Trunks: You stay out of this!
- Bit later;
Vegeta: Why didn't you tell us what they looked like, then!?
Trunks: I only ever met the two!
Vegeta: Well, look at that, so did we!
- Bulma and Yajirobe traveling to the scene of the battle with Baby Trunks:
Yajirobe: There's a long list of bad ideas and this is at the top. You know that right?
Bulma: I absolutely refuse to sit around and not be part of the action any more. Did you know I never even saw Freeza? Not once?
Yajirobe: I'm pretty sure no one ever complained about not meeting Hitler. I mean, some people do, but they're weird.
Bulma: This isn't up for debate.
Yajirobe: You do know your kid is in the plane, right?!
Bulma: Oh, he doesn't know what's going on.
Yajirobe: I'm pretty sure that's not the point! Also, he keeps trying to feed off me.
Bulma: Don't worry, he'll give it up when he realizes that it's a dry well.
Yajirobe: Yeah, about that. Have you seen what an all Senzu Bean diet does to a man?
Yajirobe: Korin likes it.
- Dr. Gero's idea of installing pain receptors comes back to bite him in the rear.
Don't you criticize my methods like you understand the neural system! Pain is imperative to recognize when you are in peril. To give the human mind con- *Piccolo chops off Gero's forearm* TEEEEEEXT! Piccolo:
So contextually speaking... *crushes Gero's arm* how f***ed are you?
- After chopping off Gero's forearm, we get this:
Dr. Gero: You lime-colored son of a bitch! It's gonna take me at least 2 hours to program a new hand! No, wait, I'm right handed! 3 HOURS!
- In the opening, after it's revealed that Trunks saved Bulma and his younger self from the explosion:
Oh wow, pretty sure I was about to be a wish there. Oh God the baby! (Takes Baby Trunks from Future Trunks)
There you are. Aw, don't worry, Trunkie, it was just an explosion. You'll get used to those, those happen a lot around mommy. Future-Trunks:
I coulda sworn I saw someone else in the car with you. Bulma:
Hmm? (we cut to Yajirobe stuck under a pile of rocks) Yajirobe:
"Hey, Yajirobe." What is it, Korin? "Why don't you go help out the gang?" Oh sure, Korin, why not?! What's the worst that could happen?! Tiny rock falls and nails him in the face before crumbling into pebbles. Beat Yajirobe:
I've got a rock up my butt.
- When Vegeta is looking for Dr. Gero, he continues to spit out the robot puns.
Vegeta: Oh, you've gotta be kidding me! He got away again?! And not a nut or bolt to be found! Not that you had any nuts to begin with!
- Vegeta (pretends he) thinks marriage is some kind of food.
- When Dr. Gero enters his lab, the Mac startup sound plays.
- This gem from when 18 discovers Android 16's pod.
Dr. Gero: Do not activate Android 16! He isn't properly programmed!
Android 17: Oh and how many of us are? [suddenly adopting a southern accent, as banjo music plays] Howdy folks, I'm Android 13. Look at mah trucker 'at.
Dr. Gero: I was going through a phase!
- What Bulma says after discovering who Trunks is, and she remembers what she did when she first met him. You'll likely laugh exactly at the same time Krillin does.
Wait, "dad"? Piccolo:
Yeah, by the way, that kid's your son. No harm telling you now, damage already done. Bulma:
Oh, wow, he grows up to be a cutie! And-*the realization hits her*
-Oh my God, I solicited my son for sex. Krillin bursts into laughter Bulma:
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! Krillin:
Because it's hilarious! Piccolo:
You just learned about it. Krillin:
- Vegeta brings up the lack of details about the androids they were supposed to be training for.
Vegeta: How about next time you come back to give someone a heads-up, you give them a goddamn photo?!
- Bulma revealing that all scientists know the location of every other scientist's lab, including the secret ones, a fact that Dr. Gero remembers too late.
Dr. Gero sees the Z Warriors flying past him towards his secret lab. Dr. Gero:
That's funny, they're all flying right towards my-OH, FIND ME IN THE ALPS!
No...there's no way they could have secured the location of my secret lab. Unless they know a scientist, like Wheelo or Frappe. Or any of the Brief—SHIT!
- Android 17, when he's awakening, uses Robo Speak to mess with Dr. Gero. When 18 awakens, she does the same thing, only to learn 17 beat her to it.
Android 18: Ugh, you dick! We were supposed to do that together!
Android 17: <with a smile> I know, but I couldn't help myself.
Android 18: Whatever. <turns to Dr. Gero>
- When Androids 17 and 18 find Android 16:
- Immediately after that, when Android 18 gets a better picture of 16 through the glass:
Wait a sec, did you build a ginger
Android?! Man, there's a "Soulless Machine" Joke there, but that's beneath me.
- Now that Yamcha has been Put on a Bus, the Krillin Owned Counter is back with a vengeance.
- Dr. Gero doesn't know how he took out his own brain and put it into an android body.
Android 17: Whoa, slow down. Are you an Android? Holy shit, you're an Android! How did you even do that?
Dr. Gero: I took my brain out and put it into this body.
Android 18: ...How?
Dr. Gero: I... huh, how did I do that?
- Piccolo and Tien try to punch down the door to Dr. Gero's lab...only to injure their wrists.
- Then Krillin suggests that they charge down the door with their shoulders...and Tien injures his shoulder.
- And then Vegeta's grouchiness leading to him basically just bickering with Trunks on principal regardless of what he's actually saying.
- After Gohan decides to go back and see what Goku was doing... only for Bulma, her baby and Yajirobe taking a lift.
Piccolo: Stop worrying Gohan, I'm sure Goku's fine. *Cut to Goku writhing in pain while "Don't Worry! Be Happy." plays*
- Dr. Gero explaining to 17 and 18 why he's been forced to activate them.
Dr. Gero: After a bit of an...incident earlier today, I lost Android 19. And my ar-
Android 18: Wait a sec. You built another Android?
Android 17: Wait, wait, wait. Was it that fat clown thing? I thought that was a joke!
Android 18: Well, clearly it was. It's dead.
- Dr. Gero has just been decapitated by 17. His final words? After a brief shot at Krillin?
- Trunks making a lot of assumptions in this episode: one that Vegeta loves Bulma, and the other is that everyone else is friends with Vegeta.
- Krillin falls for Dr. Gero's trick and hums patiently to himself outside Dr. Gero's lab, only to realize that the thing Dr. Gero plans to show him are the Androids.
Dr. Gero: I literally can't believe that worked.
- When the heroes reach the mountains where Dr. Gero's secret lab is located:
Piccolo: We've got a lot of ground to cover.
Krillin: Please don't say what I think you're going to say.
Piccolo: We should probably—
Krillin: Here it comes!
Piccolo: —stick together for safety.
Krillin: Oh. Thank our green god in the Lookout—
Tien: I don't know. Probably cover more ground if we split up.
Krillin: YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
Piccolo: Nah, he's got a good point.
Krillin: Ah, green god damn it!
- Later, while Krillin is looking for Dr. Gero:
Why am I so scared, anyway? There a like sextillion mountains around here. The chances of me running into him are
— [Dr. Gero ambushes and curbstomps Krillin] Dr. Gero:
540,000 to 1. Lucky you. Ta-ta. [Dr. Gero flees while Krillin moans in pain. The Krillin Owned Count reaches 30.]
- The Stinger where Gohan advises Bulma to give Trunks to Yajirobe for safety.
Bulma: I'm afraid he's gonna either drop him or eat him out of spite.
Yajirobe: I am pissed and hungry. She is right to fear me!
- Krillin's reaction when Trunks' sword shatters against 18's arm...
Krillin: [high pitched, distressed voice] Oh, NO...
- Nail wonderfully sums up the situation for Piccolo once the latter regains consciousness.
Nail: Hey, uh, you ok down there?
Piccolo: Urgh, yeah what did I miss?
Nail: Well, both the Saiyans are down, one of the bald guys is getting choked out, and the other one is quacking.
- Speaking of which, after Krillin pulls the space duck maneuver on Android 16, we get a look into how 16 sees him.
Status: Goku... NEGATIVE
- Even better, the binary in that scene translates to Kill Son Goku. Feed birds.
- And then we get this amazing Call Back
Android 16: (To a bird that landed on his arm) Hello bird. What is your name? (Bird tweets) Toriyama? (Toriyama tweets again) I would love to see your dinosaur. (Toriyama tweets one more time) It does what?! Explanation
- Karma isn't done kicking Vegeta's ass...
Eyy, so, who's got two broken arms and is a total bitch? Vegeta:
You stupid bint! You only broke one of my a
— (Eighteen steps on his good arm, breaking it) Vegeta: (high-pitched squeal of abject pain) Eighteen:
- Androids 17 and 18 are having a sibling spat, when Krillin lets out "Um", immediately drawing the attention of both after having laid low.
- After Krillin makes a stand against the Androids not killing Goku and 18 declares him cute before pecking him on the cheek and walking away with the other two Androids. Makes a good setup for their future relationship.
The hell was that? You got a thing for dwarves now? Android 18: What if I do?
Societal definitions of beauty are BS anyway. Android 17:
Look, if this is about pissing off Mom and Dad, you could just date a black guy. Android 18:
Oh my god. Android 17:
Oh, right, they're dead. Android 18: Oh my god.
- And then, Krillin tries to brag about Eighteen kissing him. The keyword being tries.
Tien: I don't believe you.
Trunks: I can't believe you.
Piccolo: I don't care.
Krillin: Dang it.
- Krillin's attempts to make the Androids stand down are hilarious in and of themselves.
Krillin: Okay, now listen. I believe that if we were to come to blows, I would, ah... come up short. No pun intended.
Android 18: Heh, he's funny.
Android 17: Roll it back, pint-size. We're not gonna fight you. You're about about as threatening as a cocker spaniel.
Krillin: You bring up a fantastic point, so I shall continue to stand here and do nothing.
Android 18: Sounds good. We're gonna go kill Goku.
Krillin: (reluctantly) ...Aw, damn it, you can't kill Goku.
Android 17: Yeah, pretty sure we can.
Krillin: Okay, but you... shouldn't.
Android 16: He makes a fair point. But I insist we still kill Son Goku. On the grounds that I want to.
Android 17: Well, you heard the mandroid. Hands are tied.
- In the Episode Breakdown, KaiserNeko reveals a cut scene where Krillin has a cocker spaniel's head for his reply to the "cocker spaniel" line.
- Krillin wondering why he is running out of Senzu Beans. Funnier when you realize that Krillin was spending most of the previous episodes wasting them like crazy.
Krillin: Huh? The hell happened, I had like fifteen of these!
- When Trunks finds out that he was way too out of information about the past.
Trunks: Mom said that he was stubborn. But this is just asinine.
Piccolo: Yeah. But at least he's not trying to kill us all again.
Trunks: HE TRIED TO WHAT!?
Krillin: Jesus, future Bulma, what the shit!?
- The return of Piccolo's Clothing Beam, when he gets his weighted gear back right as he crests Kami's place.
- Krillin teases Piccolo about Super Namekians not existing.
- Immediately afterwards:
Nail: So uh, gonna tell me what that was all about?
Piccolo: Look, just...you might be getting a new roommate.
Nail: Do I have to move the pool table?
Piccolo: When did you get a...I almost fell for that.
(Billiard balls clacking together are heard)
Nail: Fell for what?
- And when Piccolo finally does reach Kami, his proposition for them to fuse is this:
- Popo sums up the impending threat of Cell with four simple words.
Mr. Popo: Well, that's f***ing ominous!!!
- Popo isn't quite acting like the normal ominous Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant we normally see him as...
Piccolo: (trying to be polite)
Hello, Mr. Popo— Mr. Popo: HELLO, YOUNG KAMI
. [Enter Kami] Kami:
Ah, hello, Piccolo. Good to see you again— Piccolo:
Cut the crap, Kami! You know what I'm here for! Kami:
...well that didn't last long. Popo: (staring at the floor) All these squares make a circle, all these squares make a circle, all these squares make a circle... Piccolo:
...Okay, what's up with him
Don't mind him; he just got done dropping a gallon of LSD
. Piccolo: A gallon?! Kami: A literal gallon. Out of a milk jug
. I don't even know where he got it from; he never leaves this place— Popo:
KAMI? I NEED YOU TO TELL ME THAT I CAN LEAVE THE LOOKOUT IF I WANT TO. Kami:
Mr. Popo, you may leave the lookout if you— Popo: BITCH, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! Beat Popo: All these squares make a circle
- If you assumed Mr. Popo was hallucinating, remember that Kami's Lookout has a circular floor, but square tiles.
- More Lampshade Hanging over Mrs. Briefs:
- The Stinger between Yajirobe and Korrin, arguing Like an Old Married Couple.
- Mrs. Briefs meets Yajirobe.
Yajirobe: I am Yajirobe and I am here for your pantry.
Mrs. Briefs: I see. Honey, we have a food stamper!
Dr. Briefs: (from offscreen) Tell him I have a gun because I pay taxes!
Yajirobe: Challenge accepted.
- We get this bit as Piccolo is flying up to the lookout:
Korin: (Sees Piccolo flying upwards) Hey Piccolo have you seen Yajirobe? He hasn't called or-(Piccolo flies past him) texted. Ah, damn it.
- Piccolo and Kami's scene consists of them doing nothing but grunting at each other. Then:
- And Popo is coming down from his massive LSD high from the previous episode.
- 17 and 16's conversation when 18 tells them she wants to go shopping before killing Goku.
17: Tsk, women. Am I right 16?
16: Confirmed: She is female.
17: Hah, she is.
- Bulma and Trunks's awkward, pause-filled conversation. The awkward pause is then broken by a gunshot in the background.
Yajirobe: Ya missed me four-eyes!
Dr. Briefs: That was a warning shot, fatass! Now put down the fridge.
Yajirobe: Vive la Honey French Ham!
- After Krillin and Trunks land at Goku's house, Krillin stops Trunks to ask him something important.
Krillin: Wait, before we go in, uh...I wanted to ask...you ever think that, uh, Android 18 is...kind of cute?
(Loooooooooong pause while Trunks stares at Krillin.)
Krillin: All right then, dibs by the way.
- Yamcha greets Krillin and Trunks
- While Krillin and Yamcha are busy evacuating Goku and his family to Kamehouse (despite that being literally the second place the Androids will look for him), Yamcha asks Krillin a question.
So where's Vegeta during all of this, anyway? Krillin:
Oh, I'm sure he's off somewhere... (Cut to Super Saiyan Vegeta standing in the middle of a wasteland) Vegeta: GOD! DAMN IT! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! (Wasteland explodes before cutting back to Krillin) Krillin:
- To prove that he still has the time machine with him, Trunks activates its capsule... While he's on the plane carrying Goku. Hilarity Ensues.
(Goku starts screaming again.)
Yamcha: Oh good, that's back.
- During an explanation from Trunks as to how time travel works, Gohan casually reveals that he's been studying theoretical physicsnote . Chichi tells him that they'll soon be moving onto cellular biology.
- Gohan explaining all this while the screen shows a chalkboard.
- Oolong's reaction to finding out that Chiaotzu put pork in his ramen:
- A Brick Joke to the Cooler movie that Krillin was asked the same question. The difference was that Chiaotzu dragged the word longer and failed to think of another word in time.
- Krillin warns Trunks about Chi-Chi.
Quick warning: Be super nice to Goku's wife. She can be a bit of a total— (Chi-Chi slams the door on him) Chi-Chi:
Gohan! Oh, it's you... Krillin: (With a large bump on his head)
Eh, fine; I pretty much asked for that one. (Krillin Owned Count: 31)
- Android 16 climbing into the back of a truck and calling out "Shotgun". Just the way he says it makes it sound like he's having as much fun as his fellow androids hijacking a truck and (later) resisting arrest.
#16: You cannot sit in the back. I have called "Shotgun."
- When they say they'll take the van, Sixteen picks it up. It takes some coaxing from Seventeen that that wasn't what he meant.
- Gohan finally returns home while Chi-Chi, Krillin, Trunks, and Yamcha are busy carrying Goku onto the airship to get to Kame House. What happens?
- Tien's rather ominous way of picking up Chiaotzu from Kame House, but mainly the reaction when he wants to train again.
- Roshi after learning the others got defeated by The Androids makes plans to buy a submarine. For those who don't get it, in Trunks' timeline Roshi, Oolong, Puar, and Turtle are in hiding in a submarine under water.
- After Trunk's and Gohan's explanation on time travel, Yamcha asks Trunks why he even bothered to come back if it doesn't affect his world. He answers that not only did he want at least one timeline free from the Androids, but his mother only told him about the whole parallel timeline thing AFTER he had made his first trip. Krillin's response is as HILARIOUS as it is messed up.
- Bulma faxing over the picture of Cell's time machine.
- It turns out in Trunks's timeline country music no longer exists. The Stinger reveals why: The "Cat Loves Food" Country Music version, sung by Christopher Sabat, prompting the Androids to apparently destroy country music as a genre.
- As 18 drives off with her new outfit without paying for it:
- Trunks and Gohan have a conversation about the future.
Gohan: (to Trunks)
If you don't mind me asking, you know me in the future, right? Trunks:
Yeah. Actually, you were my mentor. Gohan:
Oh, wow. What's adult me like? Trunks:
Well, I suppose you take a lot after your father
. (Beat) Gohan: In what regard? Trunks:
You're the strongest, bravest warrior on the planet. Gohan:
Okay, good. By the way, why do you keep staring at my arm? Trunks:
Oh, uh... hey, what's that?!
- The awkwardness between Trunks and Bulma when they meet in person at the time machine as well as Gohan's playing detective.
Gohan: Ooh, a mystery! I never get to solve mysteries! Like Sherlock Holmes, or Batman! Usually we're just busy fighting people. Like Bruce Lee, or Batman.
- This bit after Trunks finds out the moss-covered ship is the same as his.
Trunks: Oh. crapbaskets...
Gohan: Oh, you say that too.
- Upon seeing (what looks like) a large molted cicada, Trunks feels inside of it, and is mortified when he gets gunk on his hand. He spends the next half a minute or so freaking out about it offscreen while Gohan inspects the molt more closely.
- Piccolo's Insistent Terminology:
Piccolo: I have been sitting here, meditating—
Piccolo: Meditating for the past...uh...
Mr. Popo: THREE... HOURS?
Piccolo: Thank you, Mr. Popo. Three hours!
- When Kami reveals that he'd rather let the world be destroyed than be in the same body as Piccolo again:
Nail: (sincerely upset) Mom? Dad? Please stop fighting.
- Piccolo and Kami's fusion brings about Call Backs to his fusion with Nail.
I'm sure you're already familiar with the technique. Piccolo:
Right. (places hand on Kami) Kami:
Alright now, lower. Piccolo:
Yeah, not falling for that
Hmph, I didn't think so. (Kami fades out as he fuses with Piccolo, causing a brilliant light) Mr. Popo:
OH MY GOD I'M COMING DOOOOOOOOOOWN!
- After the fusion is complete:
Woo, that was crazy. So, did you actually eat Kami or was that the acid? Piccolo:
So this is who we were, huh? (Nothing.) Piccolo:
Hello? Got reeeeeeal quiet. Holy crap, are they finally— Nail: (snickering) Piccolo:
Ugh, of course not. Nail: Isn't this the part where you chant to yourself? Piccolo:
Shut up. Kami:
Come now, we should do whatever feels right. Piccolo:
Oh please no! Nail and Kami:
You can win! You feel great! You can do this!
- Once Piccolo leaves:
Mr. Popo: Well, only one thing to do...
(zoom out on the lookout as it starts bouncing up and down to the beat of "Turn Down For What" while fireworks go off in the background)
- Not long after Kami fuses with Piccolo and the latter leaves the lookout, we get this bit with Korin:
Korin: (As Piccolo is flying down) Hey Piccolo, could you pick up Yajirobe? He doesn't have a- (Piccolo flies past him) Ah crap! Well I know someone who's not getting invited to Sunday brunch! Oh, who am I kidding? We both like him...
- While watching news coverage of the mysterious assailant who abducts people, leaving behind only their clothes, Trunks remarks that this couldn't be the work of the Androids.
Krillin: Not unless they're starting the world's first mandatory nudist colony.
- Cell makes his first appearance while, of all things, singing "Mr. Sandman". Both funny and creepy.
- One of the newscasters blames this disaster on the fact that they elected a dog as king. He even prefaces it by saying he doesn't want to sound racist.
- Krillin talks to Master Roshi, Yamcha, and Oolong about the Androids, which eventually leads to Master Roshi asking how hot 18 is.
...Speaking of fruit, what are we talking here: apples, oranges, melons? Krillin:
Is that really important? Master Roshi: Yes
- While Piccolo is investigating the almost deathly silent town, Nail and Kami are interjecting which leads to this:
- The preview has this rapid gem:
What the hell's going on here? Cell: [laughs]
Let's answer your question... with another question. Piccolo:
Yeah? And what's tha- Cell: [while totally channelling Nappa] WANNA SEE ME DRINK THIS GUY?!
*stabs tail into screaming man*
- Not long after that, we get this:
*As Cell is drinking the screaming man*
Nail: Oh, oh god, I think I'm gonna puke!
Piccolo: You can't puke! You're in my-
*Sounds of puking can be heard*
Kami: Oh good lord, it's everywhere!
- And after that:
Cell: So, Piccolo... what brings you to my neighborhood?
Piccolo: I sensed a disturbance...
Cell: Well I am pretty disturbing! Remember that time I drank that guy? That was f**king weird.
- Immediately following that:
- After Piccolo calls Cell a monster.
- The various comments made during Cell and Piccolo's fight.
- This bit after Piccolo spin kicks Cell.
Kami: Did you just spin kick him?
Piccolo: I know right? I've always wanted to do that!
Nail: Please don't do it again.
Piccolo: My body, my rules! *Whiffs his spin kick* Damn it!
- Cell preparing a rather familiar technique of Piccolo's:
What is he doing? Kami:
That looks like your technique. Piccolo:
Well it's not! Nail:
He's doing the finger thing... Piccolo:
So? Goku does that when he telepor- Cell:
Makankōsappō!! *Fires the Special Beam Cannon* Piccolo:
Oh crap. Kami: So that's how you pronounce it...
- After Piccolo passes by him.
Cell: He's gonna kick me again, isn't he? *after picking himself up from the rubble* Alright, I'm gonna need you to do me a solid and not kick me anymore!
- This bit as Cell prepares yet another familiar technique:
Piccolo: No! That's impossible! The only one who knows that technique is Goku! And Gohan... and Master Roshi... and Krillin... and Yamcha... and me that one time I tried it just to see if I could- *interrupted by Cell firing the Kamehameha*
- Meanwhile, back with the other Androids, whose van has broken down...
- After Cell drinks up Piccolo's left arm and the arm is now all shriveled up.
Cell: Oh god, you're even starting to look like Kami!
Cell: You sure you don't want me to do the other arm? Even you out? Cause that's just distracting.
- When everyone else detects the fight...
Huh? Why does it feel like my dad is fighting Mr. Piccolo? And Vegeta is fighting Mr. Piccolo. And Mr. Piccolo...is fighting Mr. Piccolo. Krillin:
That's weird. It even feels like I'm
out there. Gohan:
It feels like everyone we know is fighting Mr. Piccolo. Krillin:
Except for Yamcha
. Yamcha: Well, duh. That's because I'm right here
* Yeah. That's gotta be it.
- Piccolo bows out of the fight?
Piccolo: Listen, I've obviously lost this fight. Without my arm, I'm finished.
Nail: Wait, can't you regrow your ar-
Kami: Shut up Nail, he's doing a thing!
- After Piccolo manages to trick Cell into explaining who or what he is, and Cell reveals he is the final project of Doctor Gero/Android 20.
I am purely bio-mechanical! Unlike my brother and sister, Cyborg 17 and 18. Piccolo: We call them Androids. Cell:
Well good for you, you're wrong.
- Cell upon being asked what his name is:
Cell: Truth is, I really don't have one. But all things considered, I'll go with... Cell.
Piccolo: That's kinda boring...
Cell: Coming from the guy named after a woodwind instrument.
- Cell's reaction after Piccolo regrows his arm:
Cell: Oh that is HARDCORE! Also not good for me. *Trunks and Krillin arrive* Also not good for me!
- This bit after Cell does the Solar Flare (the Freeze-Frame Bonus this time? Two flies humping) and escapes:
Krillin: That's Tien's thing!
Piccolo: I f**king know!!
- The Stinger with Vegeta:
Vegeta: Okay, what the hell am I sensing? Is that the Namekian? Is that me?! IS THAT ME STRONGER THAN ME?! I'LL F**KING KILL ME!!
- Roshi does the disclaimer, while high and laughing at "release".
- "The species evolution obviously wants to die, but we won't let it!"
- Cell meets a football team:
Cell: I wanna make a joke about your team. What's its name?
Football Player: The East City Westmen! (Chorus: Hoo-ha!)
Cell: ... Oh, I am too hungry for this shit. (kills the entire football team and the bus driver)
- The joke this is spun off from is pretty good too, Cell being annoyed by the confusing naming conventions the Z-world has for their cities.
Cell: All right... So South City is to the north, North City is to the west, and East City is... also to the north. ...Where the f**k am I?
- Cell mocking the bus driver of the Easy City Westmen everytime he honks the horn by saying "BEEP!" each time. He then says "BEEEEP!" as he grabs and kills the bus driver after draining the football team.
- Bonus points: the East City Westmen had a game with the West City Southerners.
- One of the football players having a blurred out head. And KaiserNeko's reasoning why in the Breakdown:
If I remove the mosaic, my video gets taken down for obscene content.
- "I'm coming, I'm coming... I came. Heh."
- Vegeta's ego:
Vegeta: The f***'s a Kami?
Krillin: Basically, God.
Vegeta: BUT I'M STILL HERE!
Trunks: Do you really believe your own hype that much?
Vegeta: I AM THE HYPE!
- But before that:
Piccolo: Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!
Krillin: Wow, Piccolo's pulling a your dad.
Vegeta, just arriving: Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!
Krillin: Oh yeah, see.
- While others are shocked over hearing that there's yet another android is on the loose, we have everyone's favorite egotistic Saiyan asking: "DO I HEAR FIVE?"
- During the lab infiltration and Trunks finding the blueprints of Androids 17 and 18 (while mentioning their real names, Lapis and Lazuli), we get this:
- Goku's dream. Pirate Goku with Sword Guy Piccolo and Ninja Goku.
- Cell amuses himself by having a... conversation with Nicky Town, whose population are going to be his next victims. Except he gives Nicky Town a voice and portrays it as being Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?.
Hey there, cherry. What's your name? "Nicky Town":
My name is Nicky Town. Who're you? Cell:
Name's Cell. (Licks his beak-mouth) And you
are lookin' fine. "Nicky Town":
Why thank you Mr. Cell, but you're just saying that. Cell:
Oh I don't just say that to every town I come across. "Nicky Town":
Mr. Cell, please absorb me. Cell:
Oh don't worry, I'll get around to it. "Nicky Town":
But I need you right now Mr. Cell! Cell:
Ok-ok-okay, I'm really in the middle of something right now. "Nicky Town":
No! Right now, Mr. Cell, right now! Cell: BITCH I DO WHAT I WANT!!
- Even better, "She" sounds like "The Ugly One" from Homestar Runner.
- Cell taking over the radio station is this... slightly.
- A note on Dr. Gero's desk lampshades that the original names of Android 17 and Android 18, which are names of crystals, were so stupid that it's as if their parents wanted them to become strippers.
- The name of the restaurant in Nicky Town is "L’anus serré", which is French for "Tight Anus".
- And suddenly, Marron mentioning their uptightness in episode 31 reveals itself as a joke.
- Krillin makes a Lost in Space joke, and it goes over Trunks' head.
- Tien finds out that his fantasy team is screwed.
Tien: Aw dammit, he killed my star battleback! My entire fantasy team just went straight to Hell!
Piccolo: Are you serious?
Tien: What? I have hobbies!
Piccolo: *scoffs* No, you don't.
- After Trunks and Krillin go to the remains of the base, we get this conversation between Piccolo and Tien:
- Krillin and Trunks making laser noises as they are shooting energy around the ruins.
- Trunks hesitates at killing the fetus Cell, and it becomes a brief lecture from Krillin between "life" and "choice".
Krillin: F**k it, I'm dropping the pretenses. We're aborting Cell.
- Krillin's Pre-Mortem One-Liner before blowing up the base? "Hasta La Vista, baby!"
- Which blows up in his face (literally) when he gets caught in the ensuing smoke cloud.
- Tien making fun of Vegeta:
As for me, I will find a level beyond a Super Saiyan! Tien:
So, what? Like a "Mega Saiyan"? "Ultra Saiyan"? Vegeta:
You're mocking me... Tien: "Maximum Over-Saiyan"
F**k off, tri-clops! (flies away) Krillin:
Why do you antagonize him like that? You know he can kill you, right? Tien:
At this point, it's a game. If he gives in, I win. And he knows that.
- The original Goku scene has Chichi quite pissed at the idea of Goku taking Gohan out to fight the Androids, giving Yamcha a Death Glare, giving him a death threat, and preferring everyone to stay inside where they can all become doctor-lawyer-scientists. Gohan says it best about Goku.
Gohan: Yeah, that's great, mom, but you know if you tell that to dad, it's just gonna go in one ear and get bored and die.
- Goku is back and throws Chi-Chi up to show he's at 100%... she goes into space. Not only that: she burns up exiting the atmosphere. Goku's face as he sees this just screams "Oh, Crap."
- Bulma's dad is growing clones of Mrs Briefs in the basement.
- At an amusement park Cell attacked, but Piccolo and Tien were too late in saving it.
Piccolo: "How are all these rides still running?!"
Tien: "Why are the clothes still on them?"
Piccolo: "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLACE OF FUN!"
- Piccolo doesn't understand pot and grass are slang terms for marijuana, for which Kami has a yearning. Even Nail, who grew up on another planet, knows these slang terms.
"He's asking if he has any pot." Piccolo:
"I don't know, probably. He knows the Mafuba
. note Kami:
(annoyed) "Oh my god!" Nail:
- Goku was able to catch up on what's going on thanks to his pirate dream. He was having a ninja dream, but it ended.note
- Goku does not know Chi-Chi is gonna be pissed about him going to fight the Androids.
- Chi-Chi just gives up and says go ahead and fight them, on one condition: that they have another baby.
Goku: "Hmm. Hmm. Kaybye!" (Teleports away)
Roshi: "Was that a yes?"
Chi-Chi: (singsong) "It wasn't a 'no'".
- When the B-team is freaking out over the fact that the Dragon Balls no longer exist, Krillin cries out "Why don't we have Goku?!".
: (teleports in) "I'm taking Gohan, bye!" (teleports out) Gohan
: Wait, wh... (teleports with Goku) Beat Piccolo
: "Good news, we have Goku!" Krillin
: "Bitchin! Let's go hang at Kame House!"
- As for the other Saiyans:
Trunks: "NOTICE ME!"
Vegeta: (beat) "NOOOO!"
- After Goku and Gohan meet up with Vegeta and Trunks.
Trunks: "Hey dad! Do you wanna train with me?"
Vegeta: "F**k off!"
Trunks: "About that, well..."
- Goku giving Vegeta a "motivational" speech:
Goku: "But you know what they say, Vegeta. When you fall off that horse, you get right back up and you eat that horse! Come eat that horse with me, Vegeta!"
Vegeta: "What the hell are you on about?!"
- Vegeta's first encounter with Mr. Popo.
Vegeta: "WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT?!"
- Android 16 enjoying the bumpy ride due to the wildlife... before 18 blasts the whole forest to kingdom come. She makes it up to him by promising to take him to a zoo. His response?
16: "...I want to see the parrots."
- The Androids searching Goku's house:
17: "So, 18, what's it look like in there?"
18: "It looks like Goku's wife is a Chinese princess. Seriously, I'm glad she's my size, but who wears this junk?"
17: "I mean, is Goku in there?"
18: "Oh, no. Place is empty. Devoid of all people, and taste."
- 16 referring to deciding to fly to Kame House as "The Bird Way".
- Goku's inability to pronounce "Hyperbolic Time Chamber".
- Gohan wonders why they haven't used the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to train before now.
"Wait, how long have you known about this?" Goku:
"Since I was a kid." Gohan:
"Then why didn't Krillin and the others use it to train against the Sayians? Why didn't we use it to train against the Androids?!" Popo:
"They had...other training
. Besides, they most likely would not have survived. I threw Goku in there once when he was a kid." Goku:
"I almost died
- Trunks is shocked by what he sees when he first enters the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
"Holy...! This place, it's... nothing but a white void! I can't see where it ends... or even where it begins! It's... overwhelming. I need time— time to adjust, time to—" Vegeta
: "Trainingbeginsnow!" (smacks Trunks in the face)
) "You weren't ready." Trunks: (elongated moan)
- The stinger. It's identical to embryo Cell's first appearance... except it's fetus Mrs. Briefs. Could count as nightmare fuel if you think about it too hard.
- Trunks pleading to Goku for help as he and Vegeta head into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
- When Goku notes that Popo doesn't seem like himself, we then see Popo's POV, and he's imagining Kami next to Goku.
- The Androids arrive at Kame House:
17: "We're here for Goku."
Piccolo: "Son of a bitch."
16: "Son Goku is not here."
17: "Son of a bitch!"
- Goku giving Vegeta the nickname of 'Getes.