Funny: Dragon Ball Z Abridged Saiyan Saga
Funny moments from movies, specials, and miscellaneous moments here
open/close all folders
- All of the farmer's lines, despite the fact that he only has about 4 of them in the entire series.
(notices spaceship crash on his farm in the distance
) OH GOD NO, MY MARIJUANA PATCH! I mean uhhh, my carrot patch. Uh... YEAH. (approaches crashed spaceship
) Guess I'll do what any sensible Middle American would do in this situation (pulls out rifle
): GIT MAH GUN! Spaceship:
Hello and welcome to Earth: with open bar. Farmer:
(Notices Raditz getting out of his ship bathed in blue light
) HOLY CRAP, IT'S SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!
Oh wait, no... It’s an alien! HOLY S***, IT'S AN ALIEN! Raditz:
Finally, on this dead plan... (notices teeming wildlife
) wait... what the crap? Did Kakarot screw this up? Oh, goddamnit! I knew we should have sent Turles. Farmer:
) I better think of something cool to say to make him stop (cocks gun, then shouting
) HEY YOU! (thinking again
) Genius, farmer... Genius. Raditz:
Aw, look at him! He thinks he's people. What's your power level, little human? Five, huh? Farmer:
) PROTECT ME, GUN! Raditz:
(catches the bullet
) Hey! No! Bad human! (flicks it back
Damn it, I voted for Bush. Raditz:
Bad! Now get back up and say you're sorry. (Farmer doesn't move
) Human? Huuuman? (sighs
) So this is why dad said I couldn't keep Appule
- Goku meeting Raditz.
Goku: So what are you here for? The Dragon Balls?
Raditz: The... the Dragon's what?
Goku: The Dragon Balls, you know? There are seven of them? They grant you any wish you want? Like immortality.
Oolong: Or Bulma's panties.
- Soon after, Vegeta and Nappa find out about the Dragon Balls:
Nappa: Hey Vegeta did you hear that?
Vegeta: Oh yeah, we're totally going to Earth to get our wish.
Nappa: Yeah! We're gonna get panties! ...I mean immortality. Immortality is what I meant! Right, Vegeta?
Vegeta: Just get in the damn pod.
- Piccolo and Tom. That is all.
Why [should I help you]? Goku:
I'll friend you on MySpace
, cut to the two flying] Piccolo:
Tom, you've been replaced.
- Bulma walking in on Yamcha cheating on her.
Yamcha: BULMA! THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE- okay it's totally what it looks like. Can I still live here? Please? Before this I was living in the desert. And have you changed Puar's litter box yet?
- Vegeta3986 taking the role of Raditz away from Lanipator mid-attack because of an argument over his special move.
Lanipator as Raditz:
"Prepare yourself for my signature attack: DOUBLE SUN-" (Picture turns monochrome and the Record Needle Scratch
sound is heard.) Vegeta3986:
Eh - huh? Vegeta3986:
Give me the mic! Lanipator:
What? No - come on, man! Vegeta3986:
Dude, give me the mic! (A picture of the original Dragonball appears on screen with the words 'We are experiencing technical difficulties' superimposed over the top and bottom.) Lanipator:
That is the real attack name! Vegeta3986:
No it isn't! Lanipator:
Fine, here, take it. I'll just go practice my Vegeta. Ass.
- Even funnier when you realize that it is a joke carried over from another Abridged Series Vegeta3986 has worked on in the past.
- The birth of a Running Gag.
- Raditz's assumption that nudity makes you stronger on Earth.
Ah ha, so nudity makes you stronger on this planet! *Zipper sound* Goku:
Uh no, we're wearing weighted clothing. *Zipper sound* Raditz:
Of course, that would be stupid! Ah ha, ha ha... Piccolo:
So that hair does
compensate for something. Phil Ken Sebben:
Ha ha! Dangly parts!
- Raditz, Goku, and Piccolo in Episode 2:
Raditz: Aha! Attacking an opponent up to four times your strength in a one-on-one battle. A cunning strategy... no, no, not cunning. What's the opposite of that?
Piccolo: (offscreen) Retarded?
Raditz: That's it, thank you! Now, disregarding the Namekian, I-
Goku: Ah- a Yoshi.
Piccolo: (offscreen) I'm not a goddamn Yoshi!
Goku: But you said you were!
Piccolo: (offscreen) It's called sarcasm!
Goku: What's that taste like?
Piccolo: (offscreen) DAMMIT Goku!!
Raditz: Stop ignoring me!!
[Raditz crushes Goku's ribs]
Goku: Ow, my ribs! I think you broke my... mmm... ribs.
- "DAMN YOU, HINDSIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!"
- Right after Goku dies:
Holy crap. (cheerfully
): I'm not the first person to die in this series! Roshi:
What? Roshi: Too Soon
- Piccolo mentally singing Mahna Mahna while Goku "distracts" Raditz.
- As Goku is being beaten senseless, Gohan escapes from Raditz's space pod, blowing it up.
Raditz: NO! MY SPACE PO— (Gohan headbutts Raditz's chest, cracking his armor) UGH! MY SPACE ARMOR!
Piccolo: We get it, you're from space!
- As Gohan gets up, Raditz appears behind him:
UNCLE RADITZ IS PISSED! [He swipes at Gohan. The scene pauses.] Voice:
We here at Team Four Star
do not condone child violence. We do, however, find it hilarious
. [Scene resumes.]
- After Goku's death, Master Roshi says that his sacrifice was not in vain and that it stopped a great evil. As he says that everyone's lives can return to peace, Nappa and Vegeta are heard over Raditz' scouter:
Raditz. Raaaaaditz. Guy-who's-as-strong-as-a-saibaman-says-what? (beat)
That usually gets to him. I think he's dead, Vegeta. Vegeta:
Big shocker! Nobody cares! We're ten times stronger than him anyway! We'll go to Earth, find the dragonballs and kill everyone
! And we'll be there within the year or so!
Depending on filler
, of course! Nappa:
Aaaanything else we need to go over, Vegeta? Vegeta:
...Nope. That's about it. (conversation ends) Master Roshi: Well... Fu
—(Hard Cut to intro)
- The birth of a great Running Gag: "NEEEEERD!"
- Piccolo throws Gohan at a mountain ("Actually, that looks more like a plat—AAAAAAAH!!!") and instead of busting through the mountain like in the show, a splatter sound is heard and Gohan cries.
- The first hint of Mr. Popo's ... ahem ... character... Kami tells Popo that he'll be receiving new trainees. Mr. Popo... laughs.
- Kami tries to convince King Yenma to let Goku visit King Kai:
King Yenma: Give me one good reason I should allow this!
Kami: Because if you don't, that line's going to increase by 6 billion!
King Yenma: 6 billion?! I'm supposed to be intimidated by 6 billion?! Please! I can judge 6 billion souls faster than you can take a piss, old man!
- This Shout-Out to Futurama:
- King Yemma's rant about his (Mahogany!) desk.
King Yemma: And not just any mahogany! But mahogany from the planet of Malchior 7! Where the trees are 300 feet tall and breathe fire! From these trees this desk was forged 2,000 years ago, using ancient blood rituals of the ancient Malchior people! Not only does this make my desk nigh indestructible, but it can bend the fabric of the universe itself! Also, it's a very fine material. Very expensive.
King Yemma: Mahogany.
- Meanwhile, Back in episode 5,
Nail... Nail! Nail:
What is it, Lord Guru? Guru:
I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside now. Nail:
(thinking) Oh God, this is so horribly dull. I sure hope something happens, I don't care what it is! Guru: NAAAIL! Nail:
) WHAT! Guru:
I saw a bird. It was pretty. Kick its ass.
- And then we have Vegeta and Nappa's time spent on Arlia:
- They get imprisoned the moment they land on the planet. Nappa provides some less than useful advice:
Nappa: Don't drop the soap.
Arlian: You have freed our race! We shall erect statues of you...
Nappa: Well, isn't that nice of them, Vegeta?
Arlian: ... Out of our dung!
Nappa: (beat) Well, isn't that nice of them, Vege-
Vegeta: We're leaving, Nappa.
- Here's a little fact from Namek: Namekians may be powerful fighters, but they have one weakness: they don't have penises!
Nappa: Look, Vegeta! It's a Namekian!
Krillin: Hey, I take offense to that!
Piccolo: He was referring to me, you idiot! And it's not an insult. The Namekians are a fine, proud race of...
Nappa: That means he doesn't have a penis, right Vegeta? [Vegeta and Nappa snicker off-screen, as Piccolo stands embarrassed.]
- This also doubles as a Brick Joke, as Piccolo expressed disgust and confusion over Gohan's naked form... and also his tail, before pulling it off.
- Nappa thinking Chiaotzu is a Pokémon.
Ah...ah! Vegeta! Look! A Pokémon... Chiaotzu:
I'm not a Pokémon! I'm Chiaotzu! Chiaotzu! Nappa:
Do you hear that, Vegeta? It’s a Chiaotzu! I'm gonna catch it!. *Grabs Pokéball.* Chiaotzu:
I told you I am not a Pokém...OW! *Gets hit by a Pokéball* Nappa:
Awwww, it didnt work, Vegeta. Vegeta:
That's cause you have to damage it first. Nappa:
Alright! Let's see if I can get a critical
!! *Chiaotzu flinches in response*
- Yamcha's arrival. He gives a Rousing Speech with triumphant music playing in the background...and then he gets killed by a Saibaman.
- Nappa revealing that he named all of the Saibaman he grew. Their names are Snuggles, Foofoo, Cabbagehead, Other Cabbagehead, and Vegeta Jr. And then Vegeta kills Vegeta Jr.
- The episode opens with Bulma mourning Yamcha's death.
Bulma: I was saving myself for him!
- Krillin and Piccolo's plan B:
- Nappa's thoughts while he parries all of the Krillin and Piccolo's clones attacks:
Patty cake, patty cake, baker's MAN! Bake me a cake as fast as you CAN! Nappa:
(After all of the clones are gone
) Good effort, but I'm the patty cake champion. Piccolo: What
- When Nappa stops in mid-air.
What is it, Nappa!? Nappa: I can fly
) ...Yes, Nappa, yes you can.
- After Krillin warns Vegeta and Nappa that Goku is coming, Vegeta decides to kill Krillin and the others until Nappa interjects:
Nappa: But Vegeta, I wanna meet the strong guy!
Vegeta: Nappa, just kill them first and-
Nappa: But I want him to see us kill them!
Vegeta: Oh god, there's no arguing with you. Fine! I'll give you three hours tops, after that I'm killing all of you!
- After merely a minute of waiting, Nappa gets impatient, which starts to get on everyone's nerves. Vegeta tells Nappa to go have fun, and we get this:
Oh boy! This is gonna be my BEST. DAY. EVER.
[Nappa then proceeds to destroy a whole naval fleet while whimsical music is playing in the background.]
- In The Stinger, we get this exchange between Nappa and Vegeta:
Nappa, where did your armor go? Nappa:
I had a hell of a day, Vegeta: I sank their battleship, AND THEIR WHALES. [Cuts to an ocean full of blood and sunken ships.] Aquaman: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
- Nappa and Vegeta's discussion at the start of the episode:
(with Nappa charging towards him
) Crap, myturnmyturnMYTURN! [Nappa stops dead in his tracks.] Vegeta:
Nappa, what are you doing? Nappa:
It's his turn, Vegeta. I have to wait for him. Vegeta:
Wha... I... uh... (nose starts to bleed
You okay, Vegeta? Vegeta:
Yes... just... just having an aneurysm out of sheer stupidity. Nappa:
) I didn't think you were that stupid, Vegeta. Vegeta:
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHGHHHH! Vegeta: Nine minutes, eighteen seconds... nine minutes, eighteen seconds... Nappa:
What's that, Vegeta? Vegeta:
Happiest... moment... of... my life...
- Then Nappa dies at that time mark in the episode.
- Krillin shows off his new technique:
Krillin: HEY! Stop treating me like a joke dammit! I've got a new technique—which I probably could've used earlier and maybe saved all of our friends' lives—but that's beside the point! (charging a disc of energy in his hand) Get ready for my Destructo Disc!
Piccolo: (barely alive) Laaame.
Krillin: Now, take THIS! (throws the disc at an angle, where it grinds across the ground before heading towards Nappa and Vegeta)
Nappa: Oooh! A frisbee, Vegeta!
Vegeta: Nappa, no! It's a trick!
Nappa: But Vegeta... tricks are for kids.
Vegeta: ... You know what, Nappa? On second thought, catch it. Catch it with your teeth.
Nappa: Yay, like a doggy! (gets cut by the disc, which rebounds towards a small mountain) Ow!
Ricola guy: Riiicola— (disc explodes, cutting off the mountain's top half') Oh goddammit! (mountain half falls and breaks into pieces)
- Gohan snaps for the first time:
TAKE THAT, YOU INSUFFERABLE F**KING SIMPLETON!! Piccolo:
Whoa, Gohan! What the hell?! Gohan:
) Wha? I'm sorry, Mr. Piccolo, I didn't mean to snap like that! Piccolo:
No, stay snapped, STAY SNAPPED!
- Gohan loses his temper:
- And what prompted that rant was Piccolo's dying words after Taking the Bullet for Gohan.
- Of course, prior to that, Piccolo's Internal Monologue has him realizing (over the course of a few seconds) that it would have been far easier (and safer) to simply tackle Gohan out of the way rather than take the bullet.
- Krillin tells Goku about the fate of his friends:
Where's Chiaotzu? Krillin:
Oh, he's here... and there... and there... and there... and- Gohan: Krillin
What? Gohan: Too Soon
- Goku asks Nappa and Vegeta who caused the deaths of his friends:
Nappa: That was me, totally calling it. I killed every single one of them. Except for Chiaotzu. He blew himself up!
- Team Four Star presents their version of one of the most famous Memetic Mutations in anime history:
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?! Vegeta:
It's... one thousand and six. Nappa:
Yeah. Kick his ass, Nappa! Nappa:
[Nappa gets his ass handed to him by Goku.] Nappa:
(while Vegeta is delivering the below lines
) That doesn't bend that way! THAT DOESN'T BEND THAT WAY! (*snap*
) Aaw, now it does! Vegeta:
Hmmm... that doesn't seem right... wait, wait, wait wait! Nappa! Nappa:
(collapses at Vegeta's feet
) Whaaaaat?! Vegeta:
I had the Scouter upside down. It's Over Nine Thousand
. (calmly crushes Scouter
) Rah. Nappa:
Why do you sound so bored?! Vegeta:
Because he's still
not a threat. Nappa:
- This episode ends with a surprisingly understated (yet hysterical) moment where Vegeta finally kills Nappa for his unrelenting stupidity at exactly nine minutes and eighteen seconds. His reaction is a simple smile.
- Vegeta after Nappa dies:
Vegeta: (Laughs maniacally) HE'S GONE! HE'S FINALLY GONE! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, I MIGHT NOT EVEN SLAUGHTER YOU ALL!!
Vegeta: (Laughter dies down) Oh no, you are all thoroughly screwed.
- Vegeta gets a replacement idiot.
Are you okay in there? Vegeta:
Yeah, I'm fan-f***ing-tastic. Nothing but gumdrops and ice cream in here. Goku:
Oh, really? Can I come in too? Vegeta: ...I'm surrounded by idiots. Goku:
I thought you were surrounded by gumdrops and ice cream! Vegeta:
[loudly screams out of frustration
] I will not stand for this! I will not be humiliated by a low-class wretch!! Goku:
Awww, sounds like somebody's got an ice cream headache... Vegeta:
THAT'S IT. EVERYONE DIES
Goku: What's going on, guys? We won, right?
- When Goku and Vegeta pause in the middle of fighting:
Okay, not bad... but still nothing compared to me. Now witness the power of a Saiyan elite! Goku:
Elite? What's that
It means I'm of the upper class, a finer breed— the highest grade of warrior! Goku:
(floats there silently, blinking confusedly
(annoyed sigh) Okay, consider yourself beef jerky while I'm Filet Mignon. Goku:
Ooh, I like both
those things! Vegeta: ...
I'm going to start beating you now. I don't know when I'll stop. Goku:
Hopefully before dinner, because I told Gohan to tell Chi-Chi to- (Vegeta interrupts with an attack)
- And later, Son Goku: squeaky toy.
(Oozaru!Vegeta has Goku in his grasp) Oozaru!Vegeta:
Alright, Kakarot! Let's hear those bones shatter! (squeezes harder) Goku:
... What the? Goku:
My God, that's hilarious! Goku:
*squeaky squeaky squeaky squeaky*
- How about this one when Oozaru Gohan fights Vegeta:
Gohan, this is daddy. I know you're angry right now but you have to focus your anger. R-remember Icarus? (shows Icarus and explosion) *Gohan has an angered expression* (Camera shows Vegeta) He did it.
*Gohan SCREAMS in anger* Vegeta:
Oh, that's bulls***! I haven't killed a damn thing since I came to this godforsaken planet. (Looks at camera
) Not from lack of trying, mind you.
- Well, he did kill Nappa and a Saibaman, but nothing actually native to said godforsaken planet.
- But the crowning moment of them all came at the very end of the first season as a throwaway gag. "GHOST NAPPA!" According to an interview from the Daizenshuu EX podcast, that joke was apparently planned almost from the beginning, making pretty much the entire first season a set-up to get to that punchline. Hence the name of the finale "The Punchline".
- Vegeta, at the end of episode 10, comes across an old friend, much to his horror,
- Goku hits his head harder than he thought and believed he was in the Dragon Ball Evolution continuity.
- Vegeta when he loses his temper is always hilarious.
Vegeta: SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR PLANET KAKAROT!!
Goku: Hey, that's not very nice!"
Vegeta: OF COURSE NOT, I'M F***ING EVIL!"
- The entire Kaio-ken running gag.
I'm going to obliterate you, and the rest of this planet myself with my own two- Goku:
Kaio-what? (Punched repeatedly in the face
, before breaking away the combo with a kick to the chin) Okay... not bad... but still nothing compared to me!
- Vegeta getting hit in the face with a Solar Flare.
"AAAAH. My eyes! Oh God, it's like walking in on Freeza in the shower. Wait a minute, Freeza's always naked - AAAAAAGGGGHHH!
- This becomes even funnier in episode 15, when Dodoria is hit by a Solar Flare... And you can see a split second shot of Freeza's face photoshopped on a picture of a muscular man in the shower.
- This bit before Vegeta's transformation:
Now watch, Kakarot, as your life becomes inconsequential, as I reveal my GIANT MONKEY- [camera is centered on crotch] Crowd:
[camera pans up] FORM! Crowd:
(sighs of relief) Random Guy in Crowd:
Thank god, I thought he meant penis
- Krillin receiving the weakened spirit bomb.
Goku: Krillin, come here. I have something to give you.
Krillin: Your last will and testament?
Goku: No, it's energy from the entire world. It's our last hope.
Krillin: ...and you're giving it to me.
Goku: I'm kind of out of options. (Goku gives Krillin the spirit bomb)
Krillin: "Holy crap! So this is what being important feels like!"
- And then he muses on the Spirit Bomb.
Wow! Such power, from every living being on the planet. I can feel it all surging inside of me. Every man, woman, and child. This, this is Earth's very essence! beat (out loud)
BOO-YAH, MOTHER-F*CKER! (throws it)
- And finally, Vegeta about to be hit by the Spirit Bomb.
Vegeta: What smells like deer?