open/close all folders
- A 1970's commercial for Playtex cross-your-heart bras has a women about to take off her blouse to show her friend said product, until she hears a wolf whistle.
Anime And Manga
- Spice and Wolf's Ending theme song in the show was called the Wolf whistle song.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kamina whistles appreciatively when he sees his love interest Yoko for the first time. Partly because of her good looks, partly because she just dropped in through the roof and knocked back a huge gunman with her sniper rifle.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, Crow lets one out when Aki enters the room in her form-fitting Riding Duel outfit.
- Famously done in the Humphrey Bogart film To Have And Have Not: Lauren Bacall instructs Bogey: "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." When she's gone, he tries it, and produces a wolf whistle.
- In The Girl Can't Help It, a paperboy does this after seeing Jerri (Jayne Mansfield).
- Batman Returns: At Gotham City's tree-lighting ceremony, someone in the crowd lets one out when the Ice Princess slips off her fur coat, revealing she's wearing only a one-piece underneath.
- The Mask: It's actually brought up in the film that hero Stanley Ipkiss is a huge fan of Tex Avery's cartoons. After donning Loki's mask, he goes to see Tina Carlyle at the Coco Bongo Club and pays tribute to Red Hot Riding Hood by transforming into a green wolf, complete with whistle.
- Space Jam has a wolf whistle coming from the audience upon Lola Bunny entering the arena for the game.
- In one short from The Three Stooges, Larry is describing to Moe the wonders of camping. One such wonder is the call of the wolf, to which Curly whistles and says, "Hiya, babe!"
- In the 1998 version of The Parent Trap After losing a hand of poker, Hallie makes Annie skinny dip in the lake, one of the spectators wolf whistles at her.
- Jessica Rabbit received several throughout Who Framed Roger Rabbit3
- In It's a Wonderful Life young adult George whistles at young adult Violet the first time he (and we) see her. "That's some dress you got on Violet."
- Tippi Hedren's character receives one of these from a little boy at the beginning of The Birds.
- In Woody Allen's Radio Days, a commercial jingle for a laxative ("Get regular with Relax...") is punctuated with these.
- In The Takers, a modern-day Indiana Jones pastiche by Jerry Ahern, Mary-Frances Mulrooney's skirt has a habit of blowing up providing everyone with a Panty Shot. She gets a Wolf Whistle too while boarding a nuclear submarine. A naval officer tells off the seaman responsible, then explains that none of the women who boarded earlier got a whistle like that.
- Our Miss Brooks: At the end of "Wake Up Plan", Mr. Boynton falls asleep on a chair in the hall. Miss Brooks doesn't wake him up, but sits beside him. Mr. Boynton whistles in his sleep!
- A cartoon George Booth did for The New Yorker shows a young guy sitting on some steps silently watching a woman stroll past on the sidewalk. He in turn is being watched by two older women, one of whom says "Whistle, you dumb bastard!"
- In the Four Lads' hit version of "Standing on the Corner", the choruses are punctuated with these.
- In the University expansion of The Sims 2, this is one of the actions a Sim can do to turn another one on.
- Only a wolf whistle is seen in the top caption after Locke has stolen and then worn the clothes from enemies in the SNES version of Final Fantasy VI.
- There's an optional sidequest in Tales of Vesperia in which Flynn will do this upon seeing Yuri in a soldier's uniform.
- In Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood, during the second charge against Guybrush, Bosun Kathryn Krebbs jumps up and sits atop the witness stand, making the crowds wolf-whistle as she shows them the scar on her leg.
- The Pokémon Lopunny has a digitized cry that has the same distinct note progression as a wolf whistle. It's a rabbit creature with a strikingly feminine physique. Take that how you will.
- Red Hot Riding Hood. About ten examples in the first minute alone, by a literal wolf. Grandma did this joke once to him in the cartoon too.
- In "Hollywood Steps Out," a selection of Hollywood hunks (e.g., Wallace Beery, Ronald Colman, Errol Flynn, William Powell, Aubrey Smith, and Spencer Tracy), while watching "bubble dancer" Sally Rand, wolf-whistle and go, "Baaaby!"
- Disney's 1973 version of Robin Hood has Robin and Little John disguise themselves as Gypsy women as part of a scheme to swindle Prince John. Little John, being the larger of the pair, comes off looking like a Big Beautiful Woman with colossal breasts, and one of the prince's guards wolf-whistles in his direction.
- In the Family Guy episode "The Perfect Castaway", Peter says that he used to be a construction worker in New York, but he never got the catcalling right. Cue to Peter working on a construction site with three other guys while an attractive woman walks by:
First worker: (whistles)Second worker: Yeah, baby!Third worker: I want a piece of that!Peter: You suck!
- The Ren & Stimpy Show does this when Ren takes off his fur for a coat and lets out the Whistle.
- In SpongeBob SquarePants "Grandma's Kisses", SpongeBob thinks Patrick would be right when he says, "Don't be a baby!" Patrick asks, "Have I ever not been right?"
- Note, he is always giving out wrong advice to SpongeBob by the last part of the show, while being tainted to be too sexy in their black suits.
- It happens again a few more times of a joke, in the later series.
- Rocko's Modern Life has the main character go get a drink wile being naked. There his friends take a photo of him naked and he is wolf-whistled by a tease.
- The Merrie Melodies "Stage Door Cartoon" had Elmer Fudd's face briefly turn into a wolf while whistling at the Chorus Girls' legs.
- Porky in Wackyland: When the monster terrorizing Porky suddenly says "Boo!" to him and trundles off effeminately, a wolf whistle can be heard.
- In "Rhapsody Rabbit", Bugs Bunny flips his book of sheet music and stops on a pin-up girl. A wolf whistle emits from the audience, and Bugs embarassingly flips the book further.
- A guy with a jackhammer does this when he sees Fifi Le Fume in the episode "Aroma Amore" of Tiny Toon Adventures. As soon as he realizes she's a skunk however he freaks out.
- Monty does this upon seeing Mitzi in "Prom-ise Her Anything".
- Bugs Bunny once gave a teasing one to Elmer Fudd upon discovering he wore a girdle (This was during the brief period in time Elmer was drawn chubby).
- Animaniacs call of "Helllooooo Nurse" uses the same cadence even though it isn't technically a whistle.
- Raphael once did this in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode "Michelangelo The Sacred Turtle" when he saw April in the maid servant outfit Professor Tut was forcing her to wear which showed her legs.