Iron Harvest is an upcoming Real-Time Strategy game set in the alternate reality of 1920+, the same universe that Scythe takes place in. 1920+ is an Alternate History version of Europe two years after the end of World War I; with one of the main difference being that in this world mechs were developed instead of tanks to break the deadlock of the trenches. The game features three factions:
- Polania (Poland): The Polania Republic is a large agricultural country that is trying to maintain its status and territory while dealing with its aggressive neighbors.
- Saxony (Germany): The Saxony Empire is one of the most powerful countries in Europe. They boast powerful industries and modern factories in addition to a strong military tradition. They were on the losing side in the Great War and many powerful figures within the Empire secretly oppose the Emperors appeasement policies.
- Rusviet (Russia): The Rusviet Union is huge country that has unmatched industrial and population potential. Unfortunately, Rusviet suffered dearly in the Great War and the country is on the brink of civil war.
This game contains examples of:
- Animal Motifs: Saxony is certainly fond of wolf iconography. Their coat-of-arms features a wolf; one of their hero units, Gunter von Duisberg, has two pet wolves and another hero unit, Prince William, has a custom mech with a golden wolf's head; and one of their mechs is named after a wolf character from a Germanic folktale.
- Distinguished Gentleman's Pipe: Gunter von Duisberg is often depicted in the artwork smoking one.
- Real Robot Genre: The mechs are meant to invoke the tanks of the First World War; slow and crude with the technology still being in its infancy.