Izzy was exploring a temple one day when she found a large treasure chest. Upon opening it, she ended up releasing a large blue villainous sorcerer who made known his intention to spread chaos across the world. Izzy criticizes his theatrics, to which he just zaps the floor out from underneath her.
Falling into the depths of the temple, Izzy begins her quest to defeat the sorcerer and save the world.
The game was funded on Kickstarter on October 26th, 2017. It was released on July 26th, 2020.
Intrepid Izzy contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Izzy, obviously.
- Alliterative Title: Intrepid Izzy.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Gherky Pickleson in Awesometown is an anthropomorphic pickle.
- Bald of Evil: The sorcerer Izzy freed has no hair on his head.
- Blob Monster: The first enemies encountered in the game are green blob creatures with fez hats.
- Blue Is Heroic: Izzy wears a bright blue t-shirt with a white star on it.
- Frog Men: One works in the restaurant in Awesometown.
- Heart Container: Heart fragments. You need four to increase your health.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Food restores Izzy's health.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Izzy's special attack allows her to fire a magenta one.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The sorcerer's eyes are completely red.
- Rule of Three: Izzy starts the game with three hearts. She can get more by finding heart fragments.
- Save Point: These are represented by a Magic Possum in a tent with a crystal ball.
- Scary Scorpions: Scorpions are an enemy encountered in the game. They will sting Izzy if she's too close.
- Scary Teeth: The sorcerer has a mouth full of sharp teeth.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Izzy has her hair done up in a ponytail.